[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>save orphans >baron and anna die >save baron and anna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
>save orphans
>baron and anna die

>save baron and anna
>orphans get eaten

why this game gotta play my heart like that
>>
>caring about little kids
fuck off pedo
>>
>caring about the Baron
I don't get it. Why does everyone seem to forget what a horrible fucking person he is?
>>
>>342260728
nobody paid you to save the kids
be a neutral witcher and dont care
>>
>>342260863
His wife fucked him over by cheating on him while he was in the war. How is he a horrible person?
She betrayed his trust. She got what was coming to her. Fuck that bitch.
>>
>>342260863

He was a cunt, but a respectable cunt. All the things he's done bad in life were consequences of the shit that life heaped at him, e.g. his wife cuckolding him.

I didn't love him, but I didn't hate him either. He tried so hard to piece his family back together. Hanging off a tree was just a bad way to go, and made me feel sorry for him.
>>
>>342260728
If you save the orphans a whole village dies too.
>>
>Didn't go directly to the crones with the Baron
>FISSION MAILED BARON DED

Fucking dropped
>>
>>342260728
The Orphans are gonna die anyway.
>>
the baron was a great character...so i saved him
>>
>>342260863
he helped Ciri and was nice to her
thats ok in my book
>>
>>342261292
This.

You really think that evil tree thing is really just going to whisk away all those tasty orphans to lala land?
>>
>>342261056
>How is he a horrible person?

He tortured and killed peasants because he was a cuck.
>>
If it had involved killing the crones, it might have been worthwhile. If they live, they're just gonna eat all the other children anyway so who gives a shit about """saving""" a few?
>>
>>342261474
I don't remember him torturing or killing peasants because his wife cheated on him.
>>
>>342261292
>>342261424
actually you can see them play near the orphenage in Novigrad
>>
>>342260863
I thought all the shit about the unborn kid would've helped his outlook, but then the nigger had to go and off himself.
>>
>>342261620
He didn't, the other poster is a cuck.
>>
>>342260728
This is the only choice that really matters in the entire game, aside from the Ciri flags and choosing Skellige ruler.
>>
>>342261798
Yeah I kinda assumed that.
Fucking nigger cucks seriously defending Annah.

Die faggots.
>>
>>342260728
Wait you can save the kids?
>>
>>342261424
Actually yes, because they end up going to Novigrad.
>>
You can save both dude lmao
>>
>>342261056
>>342261092
>>342261363
>>342261712
I think all of you are forgetting the part where he is nothing but a bandit in a castle, and he and his men regularly rape, kill, and steal from their own peasants for fun.

B-But his wife cheated on him so it's o-okay!
>>
>>342260728
>saving a single group of kids at the cost of releasing an ancient evil indefinitely
>>
>>342261097
this, it is the lesser of 2 evils.
weighing life for life, 6-8 kids against a whole village.
there is no option really.
plus if you set the tree spirit free you have that and the crones running around the world.
>>
>>342261945
Yes, but it involves letting the tree spirit go.

Which will lead to Crones getting pissed off and turning Anna into a Water Hag.
>>
"If i have to pick a side in this world id rather this world just die!" - quote from geralt the bitcher
>>
>>342261474
well he did massacre the dude fucking his wife

witch in medieval times was a most merciful thing you could do to him considering you are a fucking baron
>>
>>342262006
>the baron should pay for what his men do
okay
>>
>There isn't a choice with no bad consequences

Yeah, it's so fun to play a piece of entertainment that goes out of its way to remind me that real life is full of scenarios with no good choices. That's exactly what I look for when I play video-games, reality. Thanks game
>>
>>342262213
I mean, it's not like you could like, I don't know, go play another game, is it?
What a hard predicament
>>
>>342261363
Ciri always falls into the hands of these rough dudes. Why doesn't she get raped? Baron's men didn't have any problems raping anybody else.
>>
>>342260728
Personally ? Fuck the kids, it's not like they've got a future anyways with war raging in the country.
Geralt would totally save the kids though.
>>
>>342262006
>he is nothing but a bandit in a castle, and he and his men regularly rape, kill, and steal from their own peasants for fun
yea, noice work ignoring the fact that when he dies his general REALLY goes on a rape-rampage-rumble across his land
its not a fairy wonder land, rapes happen, but he is the lesser evil and has his men under control
>>
>>342262006
Game makes it pretty clear when he leaves that the baron was actually holding them back
>>
>>342261056
Your wife's son isn't very happy with you.
>>
>>342261885
there are quite a few choices. do you side with dikstra and kill radovid, or do you break his other leg
do you kill dikstra or let him kill ves, thalar and roche.
both love interests or shunning yen.

most thing about the witcher series is that your decisions will live on in the next game,if there is a next game.
>>
>>342262173

Yes? He's their commander, he's responsible for their actions.
>>
>>342262012
>ancient evil
>ends up killing a town of witch worshiping pricks
>things went better than expected
>>
>>342262173
Yes. He is responsible for them. He is their fucking leader.

>>342262352
>>342262367
And this makes the Baron likeable how? That his second in command was an even bigger asshole?
>>
>>342262463
And he holds them back. So what's your point? If the Baron wasn't there, the Sergeant would go absolutely mental, as you can see by what happens straight after the Baron leaves. Next time you come into the village you immediately see a soldier harassing peasants and robbing them.
>>
>>342262213
god forbid you put any investment into your choices in a game
>>
>>342262048
The crones don't stick around for long, you kill at least 2 of them.

The best choice in term of raw humans lifes would be to sacrifice the kids, but then again, if there were no way to know what would happen by letting she-Who-Knows go free, then it's udnerstandable you'll try to free the kids
>>
File: 459220.jpg (66 KB, 450x452) Image search: [Google]
459220.jpg
66 KB, 450x452
>people ignoring that saving the kids means releasing an ancient evil more dangerous than the 3 ladies in the world, whose mere presence drives people insane
>>
>>342262317
Maybe their dicks can smell danger, keeping them from raping anyone that could kick their asses
>>
>>342262317
Who did the Baron's men rape? I don't remember anyone.

Also Ciri was under the Baron's protection. She reminded him of his daughter, who was missing.
>>
>>342262713

It's just a druid. Hardly worse than the crones.
>>
>>342260728

Welcome to Poland.
>>
>>342262713
>implying that matters when that ancient evil doesn't do anything else for the rest of the game
for all I know it died straight after it killed the people in the village.
>>
>>342261056
>his wife fucked him over
That is accurate. And he fucked her over, fucked his wife over, fucked his entire peasantry over, and let his idiot men run wild because he couldn't fucking deal.
Don't gew wrong, I felt for the guy. He had a sense of love, loyalty, and some sense of respect. He was also a drunken, abusive piece of shit.
It's almost like he was a complex character who was neither totally good nor evil.
>>
>>342262436
>will live on in the next game
None of my decisions lived from the previous game, aside from 3 choices - let Letho live, Kill Sile (30 second long cutscene) or get a tattoo.
Every other choice was pointless.
It was even worse than Mass Effect 3.
>>
>>342262813
its not, the crones right away tell you they shat their skirts from "their mother" before they manage to trick her
dont believe the "just a druid" lies
>>
>>342262920
He was abusive because of what his wife did to him.
She's the cause of the abuse she had to endure.
>>
File: can't think of anything.gif (1004 KB, 375x304) Image search: [Google]
can't think of anything.gif
1004 KB, 375x304
>>342262713
can't win them all, but you can make things more interesting
>>
>>342262740

No one while the baron is still around. One of his soldiers has some lines about the baron forbidding it.
>>
>>342262813
No it's not, it's the ladies' mommy.

>>342262868
Like hell it did, there's no reason to assume such a powerful entity just randomly expired.
>>
>>342262920
>fucked his entire peasantry over
please give me an example of this you fucking cuck
>>
Reminder: The tree is the mother of the crones, not an ancient druid. You are actually dooming Velen by going against the crones.
>>
>>342263043
>get cheated on
>instead of just moving on like a man, become a pussywhipped drunk and spend the next 20 years beating your wife and destroying your family
>acceptable
Sometimes I forget how completely out of touch 4chan is.
>>
>>342261712

That luberkin was a total bust, didn't help a thing.. I guess all his children are idiotic disappointments.
>>
>>342261640
>>342261957
That's all well and good until Nilfgaard or Redania come plowing though at the war's conclusion, that is, if the Witch Hunters don't get to them first.
>>
>>342262920
Honest to god how are people justifying this cunt, she literally sold her unborn child to devils out of spite for his husband.
What is wrong with you people.
>>
File: 1434505622110.jpg (49 KB, 649x537) Image search: [Google]
1434505622110.jpg
49 KB, 649x537
>>342263237
>>instead of just moving on like a man
you mean like a cuck right?
>>
>>342263234
Velen is a shithole anyway, the few good people left were killed and their corpse sprayed with radioactive red paint.
>>
>>342263159
>the baron's men literally raid, rape, and pillage their own villages
>can be found all over the place in the random events trying to raid, rape, and pillage
>every peasant with available dialogue about the baron's men talk about how they raid, rape, and pillage them
Did you even play the game?
>>
>>342262713
>Source: Three witches and peasants who were trying to kill it.
>>
>>342263302
we weren't influenced by tumblr's mental gymnastics
>>
>>342263237
You do know the "correct" action for this was to reject his wife and let her starve on the streets or have her be hanged for adultery ?
This ain't our cuked century, if you screw over your man you don't get to leech off his wallet for eternity and live the good live, you die a hooker.
>>
>>342263365
Staying with a women who cheats on you is the absolute most cuck thing. What are you even on about?
>>
>>342263451
I did, and the only instance of this I remember is when the Baron leaves and the Sargent's men immediately rob the village.
>>
>>342263043
From what I remember, he was prone to doling out drunken beatings whenever he was on leave and pissed off. She didn't want to cuck him, she wanted to leave him. Of course he reacted the way he did. That's natural. But he expected apologies and gifts and promises to be enough to make up for his behavior, and he was fucking wrong. He was also trying to be a better person, but he didn't accept his own failings unail a total enotional shitstorm hit, and by them it was too late to fix things. That's what makes him interesting.
>>
>>342263507
Which makes the Baron even more of an insufferable pussy.
>>
>>342262979
Then why did I need a specific druid's bones to resurrect her?
>>
>>342263554
This is medieval times, retard. Divorce is not a thing.
>>
>>342263451
Those events don't trigger until the vice captain takes over anon.
>>
>>342263646
So beating her is bad but letting her die in the streets is fine ?
>>
>>342263237
We don't even know if divorce is acceptable in the witcher universe dumbass.
>>
>>342260728
A lot of kids died already, if you save them, not much is going to change.
Just save the other villages.
>>
>>342263701
>This is medieval times, retard.
No, this is a fantasy world.

>Divorce is not a thing.
And where are you getting this from? This is The Witcher, Anon. Not Papal Europe. And even then, adultery was sure grounds for a divorce.
>>
>>342262317

Because Cori literally lives a charmed life. Besides the wild hunt every where she goes is a field holiday.

>Goes to skelig, land of pirate Viking Scotts.
>Treated to a sauna.
>Goes to Velen, land of very hungry assholes
>Hangs with bros and races horses.
>Put at the mercy of three godforsaken witches.
>They fucking heal her.

Sure, it goes bad sometimes but crap man, she didn't even pay for a meal the whole game.
>>
>>342263757
So you just assume it is? Also, see >>342263934
>>
>>342262048
>against a whole village.

The village was pretty bad and the people there even worse, they'd made their deal with the devil for years so getting BTFO by the original druid of the area served them right tbqh

Best option you get is to free the druid BEFORE you go to the orphans, this way the orphans get free and Anna gets free and only the shit eating villagers die.
>>
>>342263072
Throwaway dialogue from the Baron's men all across Velen makes mention of searching homes for daughters to plow. Obe even mentioned a feminine youth claiming to be a son. "I ploughed the shit out of the lass, lad, whatever it was."
Source: currently replaying, just reached Velen last night.
>>
>>342263934
Is this bait?
Witcher is just medieval poland mixed with mythical creatures from poland's/european folklore.
And no, adultery was no grounds for divorce anywhere in medieval europe.
>>
>>342263043
How you respond to stimuli in non-life-or-death situations is totally on you. Unless you have to make a split-second decision, what happens next is totally your own fault, no matter what. Wash your hands of the cunt, anything more and you let a cheating slut control you.
>>
File: rle94qR[1].jpg (200 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rle94qR[1].jpg
200 KB, 1920x1080
>>342263487
No, this is the source smartass.

>inb4 you try to contest that it refers to the same person even though the fucking oak she's buried at is described
>>
>>342260863
How was he horrible? He's just your average drunken veteran. Except he got cucked so he has an excuse for being mad.
>>
Ehh

Anna pretty much tried to kill the Baron, several times, and when that failed tried to kill herself. Because she was buttussled becaused he flayed the guy that she was cheating with. Did not care about their child, only about her butthurt feelings. She wanted the baron to kill her, she played with his emotions, prodded him, goaded him untill he hit her in a drunken stupor.
again, this was when she did not try to kill the baron herself.

So between trying to get the baron to kill her and trying to kill herself we are supposed to think that she is the victim? How should the baron have handled the situation barring letting her take off with his child and some stableboy she was fucking while he was away fighting in the war.

It's like people did not listen to what the baron said, what the crones said...
ffs, she killed their child only because she hated him, leaving the baron devastated, thinking he was responsible, and actually feeling grief... while Anna is off prepping children as food for eldritch witches. What a saint. Seriously people...
>>
>>342260863
the same type of scum that didn't save the Baron are the ones that chose to kill Kenny in Season 2 of TWD.
>>
>>342263159
He lost all control over his men and allowed them to run completely rampant, all because he couldn't swallow his grief and lay down the law, instead choosing to his the bottle and moan about being a cuck.
>>
>>342264102
>And no, adultery was no grounds for divorce anywhere in medieval europe.
Care to find a source that isn't your ass?

Because 10 seconds of a google search pulls up dozens of scholarly pieces showing that divorce was both allowed and regular.
>>
>>342264065
Kek, degenerate trannies getting BTFO.
>>
>>342264303
that's not an example.
>>
File: 1465510313888.jpg (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1465510313888.jpg
19 KB, 200x200
>>342263159
>criticizing the Bloody Baron, a literal cuck, makes you a cuck
>>
>People didn't read the fucking book the quest asked you to
>They just right clicked it and pressed escape
>These retards actually believe that releasing an ancient crazy-ass witch that kills everything on sight is better than the crones, which you end up killing anyways
>Probably the same retarded people that look at the world and see black and white and go "b-b-b-but muh rapes! Baron did everything wrong!!"
>>
>>342264376
It wasn't in Catholic Church.
It was looked down upon.
>>
This game worth getting on ps4?
>>
>>342264150
>witch-demons dindu nuffin!

t. 3 witches of velen
>>
>>342260728
Downwarren or downtrodden whatever it's called has just as many if not more kids in it. Not to mention the adults. The entire fucking village gets wiped out if you choose to save a few war orphans.

Not to mention an ancient evil bent of destruction and chaos is loosed into the world again.

I struggled with this at first too, but killing that evil is absolutely the lesser of the two evils. And, it's what you were hired to do in the first place.
>>
>>342264487
>defending Anna, a cuckolder, doesn't make you a cuck
The Baron got cucked but he wasn't happy about it in the least, quite the contrary.
Only way you can think of the Baron as a cuck is if you don't know what the word "cuck" means.
>>
>>342264570

I just did it because I didn't like the crones.
>>
>>342264243
They were both terrible people who deserved to die. At least the daughter got out of it ok
>>
>>342264571
Just because it was frowned upon doesn't mean it wasn't a thing.

Here Anon, I'm going to assume you've never used this, but you should know about it before you get out of high school. https://scholar.google.com/

I just learned you could even try for a divorce on the grounds that your wife is barren, or has been praying to a Pagan god.
>>
>>342264710
>Only way you can think of the Baron as a cuck is if you don't know what the word "cuck" means.

Pretty much all of /v/ then.
>>
>>342264593
No one said that faggit
>>
>>342264570
Why are you getting mad about how people played a video game?
>>
>>342263302
She couldn't fucking deal either.
Has it never occurred to you that this was a scenario in which everyone was wrong and nobody was right?
>>
>>342264710

>Only way you can think of the Baron as a cuck is if you don't know what the word "cuck" means.

He's the fucking definition of a cuckold.
>>
>>342264570
The problem with the book is that it's written by the crones followers, they could just as easily be lying about their mother.
>>
>>342264710
The baron himself says he was cuckolded (using this word).
>>
>>342264583
Was barely playable on release but after all the patches it runs smooth enough, so yeah
>>
>>342264583
yes if its the only way you can play it
>>
>>342264878
That whole fucking book literally reads like it though. Its like they got their favorite ghost-writer to write how they dindu nuffin an' dey gud gurls. You are honestly trying to say that 3 demons, who ate several young humans every solstice and basically kept humans as livestock by giving them just enough food that they kept on producing children for them to eat, are creditable sources as to what happened.
>>
>>342264150
Typical Crone propaganda desu. The daughters just wanted their mother's power and position so they disposed of her.
>>
>>342262129
L M A O

HELLA F*CKING EPIC QUOTE THAT MEME DUDE, WHAT FACEBOOK GROUP ARE YOU IN BTW, I MUST LIKE IT.
>>
File: 1434742665325.gif (2 MB, 260x200) Image search: [Google]
1434742665325.gif
2 MB, 260x200
>concentrating on missions, gear, and stats early on in game
>decide to start messing around with gwent when i reach novigrad as part of the story
>finish family matters quest
>no more access to play baron for unique gwent card

WHY THE FUCK DO DEVS DO SHIT LIKE THIS?! IT'S AN OPEN FUCKING WORLD WHERE I GET TO DECIDE WHEN AND HOW I WANT TO APPROACH THINGS, WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU MAKE AN EXPENDABLE CHARACTER THE HOLDER OF A RANDOM THING YOU NEED TO FINISH A SIDE QUEST?!

I stomached the constant fedora shit, especially in Novigrad, but having the baron fuck off with my unique card is taking it too far. Also, I went back and helped the tree spirit because fuck those condescending crones.

>mfw putting up with fedora shit every other minute and then baron disappears with my card
>>
>>342265463
And this is what it's wrong with modern players, they want everything and they don't care about their actions having meaning and consequences.
>>
>>342265463
I though he leaves the card in his office if you missed it.
>>
>>342265463
You can find the card in his office actually.
>>
File: 1412341452352.jpg (11 KB, 247x247) Image search: [Google]
1412341452352.jpg
11 KB, 247x247
>fucked the brains out of Yen and Triss
>the whores fuck off
>now get to spend the rest of my life in the vinyard with my daughterfu and banging the whores in Toussaint

And people said there's no endings that are 100% perfect in this game.
>>
>>342265685
>>342265723

You nogs better not be fucking with me.
>>
>>342262129
Yeah thats definetly not a quote from geralt
>>
>>342265463
>going back to undo your actions
If make a choice you gotta live with the consequences you little bitch
>>
>>342260728
I think you can free the "ghost" before you start the quest and can then save the children and the wife
>>
>>342264470
Yes it is, your blithering retard. Refusing to either truly take charge or abdicate command entirely, he left the people under him at the mercy of amoral shitstains who held the title and privilege of being HIS men.
>>
>>342265832
It'll take 2 minutes of your life to check, how many hours will it take to play up to that point again?

You've got nothing to lose.
>>
>>342265731

Triss and Yennefer are meh tier, especially that SJW cunt Triss. The only women worth getting their vaginas smashed are Ciri and the whores at the Paciflora.

>inb4 HURRR ur not allowed to have sex with a girl who isn't really your daughter and isn't legally adopted but is totally a hot slice of pussy
>>
>>342265957
>I haven't played the game and I don't know what i'm talking about
>>
>>342265247
It doesn't help that this book is everywhere in the villagesd surrounding their Bog and the Bald Mountain.

While the Baron sort of looked like he was willing to change by the end he and his waife were still acceptable sacrifices
>>
File: 1466303094361.jpg (814 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1466303094361.jpg
814 KB, 3840x2160
>>342266135
>banging your daughterfu
kys
>>
>>342263043
Nigger, even he admitted that he was already abusive before that after hsi first stint on a battlefield and it only grew worse as he became alcoholic
>>
>>342264710
>calling out the Baron on his bullshit is equivalent to defending Anna on her bullshit

Did you mother do something to hurt you?
>>
>>342260728
Don't the kids die either way?
>>
>>342266438
The kids make it to an orphanage/school in Novigrad iirc, their caretaker is one of Dandelion's numerous lovers you visit to track him down
>>
>>342266305

She's not his daughter, just a sexy platinum blond with serious daddy issues and a desperate desire to make Geralt happy.
>>
>>342266564
Shit, I never knew that. I though I read somewhere that the demon-thing killed them anyway
>>
>>342266607
Geralt is practically her father, he was with her during all of her childhood.
>>
>>342264570
I didn't trust the Crones though, when I first started their quest I found them impossibly unnverving, even when the only thing we saw of them was the painting so I tried fucking them over and I really don't regret it, especially since the book damn nearly says that the Crones are actually saviors of Velen who stopped some sort of monster
>>
>>342266564

Common misconception. If you let the crones eat the kids, you eventually find the same exact children NPCs in the Novigrad orphanage. It's clear the devs just kept recycling the children NPCs, so it doesn't matter one way or the other.
>>
>>342266607
and the closest thing geralt and yeneffer could have of the child
>>
>>342266658
No, the demon in the tree just kills a lot of civilians in Velen, including Bloody Baron's village and the village that told you about the tree.
Kill the tree, kill the Crones later, it's the best ending, the kids die, but a lot of kids died already.
>>
>>342266135
>SJW cunt Triss
The what now? Are you saying this because she was looking out for her kind? When Radovid went full retard on everything because he had a hateboner for a single mage?
>>
was anyone else impressed by the character design of the crones? they were genuinely unnerving.
>>
File: 1446669556373.gif (3 MB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
1446669556373.gif
3 MB, 1024x512
>>342266673

He was letting the fruit ripen on the tree. What's wrong with making a woman out of her now that she's all grown up?

Ciri is definitely asking for it.
>>
>>342266607
you'd think for someone whose sterile, they'd care more about raising a child than fucking it when it was an adult.
>>
>>342265035
>>342265152
Thanks lads
>>
>>342266831
>the demon in the tree just kills a lot of civilians in Velen, including Bloody Baron's village
No, it just razes Downtrodden because they were buttbuddies with the Crones
>>
>>342265247
The powers of the lady of the wood are EXACTLY as described by the book

I don't think she is particularly more nasty than her daughters in personality, but she will passively brainwash and eventually kill every human who lives around her. She is more dangerous than her daughters.
>>
>>342265463
>all this flailing about for something retarded and fixable

Pathetic. Go get the card, moron.
>>
>>342266757
but you do wipe out an entire village

and they say choices don't matter
>>
>>342266607
it's not platinium blond, it's ashen hair
wanting to bone her is like wanting to bone Pavetta or Calanthe, it's weird
>>
Someone have a pic of Geralt being in the Crones little village in the swamp before the quest?
>>
>>342266934
Yeah the fat one with a basket for a face was especially disgusting.
>>
>>342266987
She literally isn't, especially when you notice when she likes someone because of how fucking obvious it is
>>
>>342266930
Why even reply to these retards? They post SJW about everything. SJW has lost all meaning because retards like him scream SJW at anything and everything because he is a mindless moron.
>>
>>342265035

True dat, I'm seeing less game breaking bugs now that I'm getting ready to play Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine.

RIP Roach's tail though, it still disappears any time I'm in Velen/Novigrad even though the recent patch notes mentioned fixing it.
>>
>>342264846
You absolutely couldn't get divorced in Medieval Europe.
>>
>>342267106
>The powers of the lady of the wood are EXACTLY as described by the book
How? We barely see any of her power except the animals and even then they were put there to protec tthe tree and stop anyone from freeing her
>>
>>342266934
Yep, best portrayal of Witches I ever saw. Their theme was also creepy.
>>
>>342260863
the baron didnt do anything particularly horrible desu. he was a lot nicer than you would expect from a deserter and warlord. after all, he helped and supported ciri when most other deserters would probably just have raped and killed her.

about his wife - bitch got what was coming to her. the man put his life on the line to provide for her and their child, and she repays him by cheating on him with some fuckwit? damn whore can get eaten by the crones for all i care.
>>
>>342267180

The village is pointless, there's nothing of interest there, not even loot, and they were a bunch of satan worshipers anyway.
>>
>>342264846
>>342267370
Oh and don't come to me with "Oh but King Henry of England did it!"
He wasn't a Catholic.
>>
File: Quads,Trips,Dubs.gif (2 MB, 381x434) Image search: [Google]
Quads,Trips,Dubs.gif
2 MB, 381x434
>>342260728
Probably the most well thought out series of quests in the game
>tfw Cyberpunk is full of these type of missions
>>
>>342263234
>The tree is the mother of the crones

Source on that?
>>
>>342267449
but they are dead
>>
>>342267696
Its in one of the books. Not sure where though
>>
>>342267370
Actually you could, but it was mostly the church making sure people didnt inbreed.
On the local level divorce didnt happen because it usually meant you starved to death, but the puritans had many rules which stated that if your husband sucked in bed, you could divorce him, and if you were found guilty of adultery and the cause was your husbands shitty sexmoves, he'd be at fault.
>>
>>342267223

Anon, Ciri disappears for years playing hard to get with Geralt, desperate that he'll "catch her scent" while she holds onto her virginity. Also, did you see what she was wearing? Tell me she wasn't asking for it.

Also, while speaking with Dudu, Zoltan asks him to make himself look like Ciri now that she's grown up, if you go along with it, Dudu becomes shy and says he feels awkward with booth of you bugging your eyes out and oggling him.

>>342267745
Apparently there's a book that eludes to that.
>>
>>342261620
>>342261943

some of the barons men fuck up the local peasantry. you run into a bunch of them at the inn at the crossroads.
in my opinion, that's just what happens during wartime. i doubt the baron sends his men out with orders like "go rape and murder the locals, haha!". that's just what soldiers do in a literal no man's land, regardless of their commander. radovid's soldiers do it, emhyr's soldiers do it, hell even those fighting for the eternal fire do it. can't really blame a ruler for what his soldiers do on their own.
>>
File: scottsteinerphd.jpg (37 KB, 490x356) Image search: [Google]
scottsteinerphd.jpg
37 KB, 490x356
>Handful of brats die vs an entire village gets killed AND you let loose a terrible demon
>>
>>342267696
see
>>342264150
>>
>>342267829

Yeah, Baron simply put Sergeant in charge and when confronted, Sergeant says those are his own orders now that Baron isn't around.
>>
>>342267309
There is another bug though. No whores in Toussaint brothel. Seriously CDPR?
>>
File: 1391903052882.jpg (50 KB, 387x529) Image search: [Google]
1391903052882.jpg
50 KB, 387x529
>he didn't save the baron

I regret that I chose the children over beard man.

I was actually distraught when I found him hanging from a tree.
>>
>>342260728
If you go and be a proper witcher and kill the tree spirit before you meet the crones you trick em and everyone is saved. The game rewards you for taking the initiative and exploring on your own instead of being lead through the events by the game. >>342260728
>>
>>342267801
>Anon, Ciri disappears for years playing hard to get with Geralt
Nigger, she disappears for years because she freed Geralt from the Wild Hunt and they are hot on her heels, she doesn't want her adoptive father to get drafted in that shit again, she even manages to find a safe haven for a while when Avallac'h throws her in a futuristic world, her whole life has been running away from people who try to use her power with Eredin being the main threat, stop acting like a complete faggot and ignoring the story of the books and games
>>
File: 1422067784970.gif (566 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1422067784970.gif
566 KB, 300x300
>>342267879
Yeah, especially when you consider that she only promised not to harm THOSE particular children.
She'll likely do like her daughters and eat different kids afterwards.

There is no upside to picking the kids.
Its just moralfag bait
>>
>>342267829
>some of the barons men fuck up the local peasantry. you run into a bunch of them at the inn at the crossroads.

That reminds me. Having to sneak into the keep if you fuck up the Baron's men was a nice touch.
>>
>>342267996
The guys looking for girls to rape at the Inn at Crossroads happens before you even get Crows Peak
>>
>>342268159

It's like you're desperate to not get laid.

Don't be an omega male. Ciri wants it.
>>
>>342268335
Why don't you go play a hentai game if that is the only thing you care about?
>>
>>342262317

Because Ciri is an egregious example of a mary-sue.

The game would be ten times better without her.

Fuck it, so would the books.
>>
>>342268445

If sex scares you this much, you're playing the wrong games.
>>
>>342268250
>There is no upside to picking the kids.
i picked the kids because i was curious about what the thing under the tree was gonna turn out to be, and what it would do.
i expected it to confront the crones, or maybe to fight it in an optional boss fight, or meet it again later in the game.
i was pretty disappointed when it just vanished and never returned :(
>>
>>342268552
You screaming chimp, are you incapable of fucking reading? There a bunch of people you can fuck in the three games and you somehow choose the only person Geralt doesn't feel anything that is not parental love for to single as the ultimate target for you fetish and you somehow think that respecting what the character we are made to know and understand across books and games and think this means I'm scared of sex? Are you a goddamn underage?
>>
>>342264625
Hell, Geralt even says in that monologue after anna dies that he "sided with the greater of two evils to do some good". Even if you dismiss all of the evidence against the tree spirit as crone propaganda, you're still letting out a powerful and clearly no longer sane creature.
>>
>>342268859
It did say it was too weak to do anything serious and it would take a long time for her to recover her power
>>
File: 1454007528938.png (137 KB, 904x864) Image search: [Google]
1454007528938.png
137 KB, 904x864
>ciri gets grabbed by Eredin

>doesn't blink out
>>
>>342260728
>putting named quest givers over random little shits
>>
>>342268992
Wasn't she tired then because of her teleport spam?
>>
>>342267372
People were disappearing from the nearby village.
>>
>>342269117
How convenient
>>
>>342269210
>How convenient
Right because after video related she sure was pretty good wasn't she? Or are you trying to say when they grabbed Visimir and said they would kill him if she ran away, someone she loved dearly would die if she ran, whatever made you believe that she would abandon him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBcZGLhFS1Q
>>
>>342267182
I want to bone Calanthe

Not pavetta though, she seems a little stupid
>>
File: 1391992181641.gif (2 MB, 388x268) Image search: [Google]
1391992181641.gif
2 MB, 388x268
>>342269520

>vesemir didn't face-igni imlerith
>>
>>342267438
Their theme was legitimately good. I loved it.
>>
>>342269784
He was old m8, pretty fucking old, as in he was near elven old level, the fact that he got fucked at the start of the game should have been a clue at how he really is now, while agood witcher he was already near his end
>>
File: 1458529568760.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1458529568760.png
230 KB, 640x360
>>342266934

>when a relict abomination hit on you and want to succ
>>
>>342268250
It's not really a moralfag bait. Hardly anyone cares about the children. I chose the demon on my first playthrough just because I wanted to fuck with the crones.
>>
>>342260728
If you save the orphans, the village nearby also gets destroyed for revenge by the spirit.
>>
>>342269784
Vesemir didn't face-igni him because he wanted Ciri to explode with anger and not be captured. If he had exploded Imlerith, Eredin would still have carried Ciri away.
>>
>>342264570
The book was written from the perspective of the Crone followers, so of course it would only contain glowing praise for the crones.
>>
File: 1336061684966.jpg (150 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1336061684966.jpg
150 KB, 1280x1024
>>342260863
>The entire story arc is about how grey the world is.
>No, he's evil because I don't agree with it!

Is this tumblr?
>>
File: 1455134270515.png (670 KB, 737x691) Image search: [Google]
1455134270515.png
670 KB, 737x691
>>342270771
>Vesemir didn't face-igni him because he wanted Ciri to explode with anger

he had no idea that would happen.
>>
File: 1460667236084.jpg (98 KB, 639x712) Image search: [Google]
1460667236084.jpg
98 KB, 639x712
>>342260728
Fuck the orphans. At least they made a good meal for the witches before I slaughtered them all.

Well not all, but it's implied the last one is soon to die in the good ending.
>>
>>342271109
Yes he did. He raised Ciri, he knew of her abilities. Why do you think he says "You always were an unruly child", followed by stabbing Imlerith with a dagger? He certainly didn't hope to kill him.
He then says "Now fly", before being killed. He absolutely knew that Ciri would fly into a rage.
>>
>>342262713
Yeah, but that mare pussy.
>>
>>342271560
>>>/mlp/
>>
File: Eleanor-good.png (576 KB, 814x716) Image search: [Google]
Eleanor-good.png
576 KB, 814x716
>>342266135
kys
>>
>>342266934
>that design
>that music
>that sense of danger everywhere
They were pretty much perfect villains,shame their plot ended so fast and so badly
>>
>>342271483
IS there a way to get the armor that lady in the auction has of him?
>>
>>342272182
Viper armor?
Yeah just buy it from her
>>
>>342272247
no I meant she had one he used but he left it when he ran away from her room when her father came after him, when she talks about it she ask how Vesemir is doing
>>
>>342260728
you can save them all
just go directly to the spirit and free him, without talking to the village elder.
the village will be massacred, but eh, what can you do.
>>
>>342272424
What?
>>
>>342260728
I agree OP, no option to just kill everyone fucking sucks.
>>
>>342272424
That village was basically full of crones worshippers anyway, who gave them a source of power
>>
File: witcher3 2016-04-30 22-48-57-93.jpg (4 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2016-04-30 22-48-57-93.jpg
4 MB, 2560x1440
>>342269784
Vesemir was trained in combat not signs, and considering the situation, signs were the last thing on his mind
>>
File: jc.jpg (42 KB, 770x887) Image search: [Google]
jc.jpg
42 KB, 770x887
Cerys>Hjalmar

>mfw i threw the baby in the oven
>>
>>342272373
oh
no there isn't
>>
File: 1433683757326.jpg (114 KB, 965x602) Image search: [Google]
1433683757326.jpg
114 KB, 965x602
>>342272834
>mfw I told her to fuck off with her dumb ideas and just killed the Hym
>>
>>342272712
saving both baron, his wife and the kids in the swamp.

>>342272820
yep, good riddance
>>
>>342272834
>Cerys>Hjalmar
Well yeah, it means that Nilfgaaard can't actually steamroll them and they actvielly prosper
>>
>>342272834
>Bran's son >>>>>>> Hjalmar > Cerys.

Cerys is basically the same kind of weak leader that current scandinavian countries have.
>>
>>342271087
He was kinda awful though.
>>
>>342273238
>unironically being a monarchist
>for a kid whose name you can't even remember
>>
>>342273238
bran's son fucks everything up
>>
>>342273127
I honestly half suspected that Cerys was leading me on with the investigation and she actually instigated the massacre as a means of seizing the throne. She was just such the obviously correct choice that I was waiting for some crooked shit to make it a contest. Hjalmar was just a headstrong moron. And even if Cerys DID do it, I'd probably still support her because that'd be a damn clever way of eliminating all potential future organized dissenters and a bitch that committed would probably do great things.
>>
>>342274436
I didn't suspect Cerys because that other woman was so fucking suspect that when the massacre happened it just made sense
>>
>>342274701
It just seemed way too convenient.
>>
>>342264570
I released the horse thinking it'd kill the crones, I didn't like them
When it didn't kill them i regretted my decision
I feel like that's what the game was going for
>>
>>342268861
Just stop replying, holy fuck.
>>
>>342267801
>while she holds onto her virginity.
HAHAHAHHAHAA
Ciri is a fucking sex crazed slut anon.
>>
Where the fuck do I seel trophies? There's no special NPC for it and every single merchant gives me 1/25 of it's value
>>
>>342276291
Herbalist East of Novigrad used to pay good money for them
No idea if they patched it or what.
>>
>>342276291

They're for you, anon.

You don't sell your trophys.
>>
>>342275639
Maybe, but she is a virgin. Unless she had sex with those knights in Camelot in between last book and witcher games
>>
>>342276567
>but she is a virgin.
dude what
she had sex with the Rats slut
>>
>freeing a literal nightmare
Never again.
>>
>>342276816
no she didn't. she just cuddled with her. Mistle tried to "rape" ciri once, but ciri pushed her away. Ciri was about to have sex with one man in the books tho, but he died while sucking her nipples lul
>>
>Help an man of power who is desperately looking for his wife and daughter, who also happened to treat your own daughter like royalty when her face was down in the mud.
(With possibility of becoming what he was before he started drinking)
>Help a bunch of orphans who will ultimately bring nothing of value to both Geralt and the world as usually orphans at that time have little chances to live a successful life.

Hmmmmmmm
>>
>>342277681
Except at the time you take on that quest there is no direct connection between the well-being of the Baron and the well-being of the orphans. It's a choice between helpings the crones, or helping Heart, and either choice has far-reaching consequences.
>>
>>342278241
Alright good point, then lemme rephrase it.
>Picking the lesser evils
>Picking the greater evil
>>
>>342278958
Lets try this again
>Help out the clearly evil as all fuck monsters
or
>Help the evil thing that is sealed and feared by the clearly evil as all fuck monsters
>>
>>342260728
Geralt had no way of knowing the kids dying would be a consequence of killing the evil tree and a book you are very likely to find by then tells you that the tree is the Witches' insane mother who would obviously be much worse than them if freed.
>>
>>342279863
So it's a lesser evil vs greater evil then?
>>
>>342280383
The book also was written by the people who regularly send off their children into a swamp and young adults into a mountain thinking the hags take good care of them. I don't really feel it's the least bias source to use.
>>
>>342277012
Nah mistle and ciri got handsy (and more) with each other regularly for months and months
>>
>>342262006

His wife cheated on him so it's okay
>>
>>342277012
>lul
Fuck off Reddit.
>>
>>342260863
How?
Are you saying he is a terrible person for being pissed his wife literally cucked him, tries to murder him, threathens to kill herself, forcing the baron to slap her on occasion, resulting in his daughter who he greatly cares for hating him despite doing nothing wrong, oh, and lets not forget, killing his unborn child just because she's still pissy the based baron chopped her loverboy in half.
>>
File: 1454629635179.png (107 KB, 221x286) Image search: [Google]
1454629635179.png
107 KB, 221x286
>save ciri
>never kill this bitch
>ciri dies
>get to kill this bitch but never return vesemir's amulet to ciri
>>
>>342262006
No, they dont. They only do that AFTER the baron is gone.
>>
>>342282052
They do it before as well, only slightly less.

Just because his sergeant is a piece of shit doesn't make the Baron any less of a piece of shit himself.

In fact it makes him more of a piece of shit since he evidently thought the bastard was fit to be his second in command.
>>
>>342273638

Bran's son unites the clans against Nilfgaard and keeps Skellige's traditions strong. Cerys sacrifices their traditional values for success, and Hjalmar can't keep the Skeillgan clans from infighting constantly. Bran Jr. does both.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.