[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How am I expected to upgrade my MMR if no matter how well I play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: dota-2-official.jpg (124 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
dota-2-official.jpg
124 KB, 1191x670
How am I expected to upgrade my MMR if no matter how well I play I can not win because my team mates are feeding or playing downright bad? Im 700 MMR but it just feels like no matter what I do, whether i am a support, carry, or late game hard carry, no matter what I press on the keyboard, no matter what heroes I counter, I dont win because Ive got a retarded Riki going 1 v 5, or a CM telling an Ursa to buy wards... how am I expected to upgrade my MMR and play with better people if literally everything I do doesnt matter?
>>
if youre 700 mmr you might as well kill urself right now, I taught my gf how to play dota and in 3 months shes already 2.4k, with no moba experience.
>>
>>342240634
>700 MMR
>My teammates are bad

Accept youre as bad as them, and youll do both better and have more fun
>>
The problem is the first MMR configuaration is based off of 10 games. If you lose majority of those 10 games you will have sub 1000 MMR, if you win majority probably around 2000 MMR. That means if I could play and win the same amount of games (say 10/15 for example) and I will end up with completely different MMRs each time.
>>
1000 games of Slark should fix that.

I wish I was kidding.
>>
Try playing heroes that scale well and are able to gank even during early game,also even if you are playing a carry,buy wards from time to time,because 700 is cancer (I wish I don't have to ever know what that feels like,I got 3.2k after I played my first 10 ranked games,now I am 4.1) Maybe try Bara/Viper/Slark
>>
>>342241232
You're still not answering my question. I am bad, but if I want to improve my MMR then how am I expected to do it when I teams with people like a Sniper trying to go 1 v 5 against Ursa, WK, PA, Lion, Nyx like they have a chance of beating them, or when my team has a fucking hard support hero are demanding that hard carries buy things like wards and couriers? Literally how am I expected to win and improve my MMR?
>>
>>342241278
Your mmr is based mostly on your unranked mmr plus the 10 games config

Its pulling data from the minimum 150 games youve played before hand

>>342241814
Play strong supports with controls then, Dominate your lane and be a prescence thoughout the game, it isnt hard when the enemy twam is 700 mmr avg too
>>
>>342240634
I don't want to believe you're this stupid.
>>
>>342241814
why do you need to improve it?
just play the game.
>>
>>342240634
My calibration matches got me 1.9k solo and 2.1k party. I'm now at 4k solo and 4.3k party.
The only way you are going to climb is learning more about the game through guides and videos and obviously by playing the game.
Look at your replays and understand what you are doing wrong, because i guarantee you are doing a thousand things wrong every second.
>>
File: 1460534357115.jpg (153 KB, 1000x810) Image search: [Google]
1460534357115.jpg
153 KB, 1000x810
If you are 700MMR you have a mental disorder or unable to press buttons on your keyboard.
>>
>>342242621
Because i get worse and worse team mates every game. It really hinders my enjoyment. Don't really care about the number.
>>
>>342242958
My winrates skyrockets each time I fully tune into a tournament. Which is weird cause I usually pick Random, and dont use "meta". I guess you just understand flow of the game more
>>
>>342240634
Play mid and stomp the game from there, if you're not gaining any mmr you're where you belong.
>>
File: 1458304096886.jpg (11 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1458304096886.jpg
11 KB, 280x280
>>342242989
Not using the better viper pic
>>
>>342241278
>If you lose majority of those 10 games you will have sub 1000 MMR
It doesn't work like that. The ideal way to "MMR" is to play unranked, reach High Skill or Very High Skill, and then calibrate.
>>
>>342243194
That's understandable. Watching pro games also help a lot with learning how to be efficient. You can easily win games by playing a support by snowballing with rotations and shutting down the right heroes.
>>
>>342240634
Just play better, in most games you will have a couple of teammates that are worse than you, and people making mistakes you think are evident. The MMR system is pretty accurate if you ask me, last year I played 2 dota games in my brother's account and ended up like 31/2 as fucking position 5 CM, and demolished the next game as offlane Bristleback too. He was like 3200 at the time and I was around 4k.
>>
Meta and proper play means nothing at 700MMR, I've got a friend who actually calibrated down there. A PA 'ratted' out the entire enemy base while some of them were like hiding in trees waiting 15 minutes to ambush or something I don't know.

All you can do is carry the game hard. Supporting will get you nowhere until you have a team that will make use of your support, if your team doesn't watch the map, then ward money might be better spent on yourself. Don't get too comfortable with being a greedy cunt, or letting yourself get into bad habits because the enemy team is bad.

Consider this a chance to play pivotal roles in the game, I played with higher MMR friends the entire time I played, I ended up calibrating higher than I would've wanted mainly playing supports. Now I'm usually stuck either playing support or doing a subpar job as a carry/mid at my MMR. And you don't wanna be the one who fucks up the game.
>>
It's possible to move up, I went from 500 MMR to 1.3k and I'm still climbing

Play cheap heroes, Slark and Weaver are good ones. If I think my team will fuck up I play CM
>>
File: cool shades bro.gif (494 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
cool shades bro.gif
494 KB, 500x280
>>342240634
>raging over dota 2
just play the game lol
>>
>>342240634
>it's a my teammates are shit but I'm not post
>>
>>342247702
I literally said I was shit m8.
>>
>>342248082
Didn't see your post saying you were bad desu sorry familia
>>
>>342248082
You really, didn't OP. All I read there is whining about your teammates.
>>
>>342240634
Post dotabuff. We can work from there.
>>
>>342243174
Then you've already fucked up. People will do retarded shit all the way to 5k. Above 5k the retarded shit will still happen only this time it will be from peopleintentionally doing it to fuck around.
>>
>>342246216
This. Have fun. At this MMR you can do whatever the fuck you want and get away with it. Carrymaiden is vaible here.
>>
File: 1382575811793.jpg (108 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
1382575811793.jpg
108 KB, 500x321
>>342240634
You sound like my shitter friend.
>"Dude my teammates are so fucking bad! It's impossible to win with them!"
>Okay what's their score
>"They're both 1/5! God they suck!"
>Okay and what's your score?
>"1/11 but that's because--"

I'm gonna stop you right there friendo.
>>
>>342240634
Same thing with csgo and league
They are team games and you can't do shit if other 4 are retard which they usually are
Inb4 carry your team
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.