[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best video game stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: offense.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
offense.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
It was so fucking dumb of them to tell the game non linearly. Playing in order made the game make so much more sense.
>>
>>342238974
>hurr durr all games must be linear

no faggot it was good. what part you didnt understand? all chapters are complete in each other not tied in other parts
>>
Fucking bait. When they announced the game i got all hyped, after all, it was full of gameplay scenes with stealth and shit.

But it turned out to be fucking movie. A literal fucking movie that i run on a console.
>>
Spec Ops: The Line
Mafia II
GTA V
Resident Evil
Dark Souls. All of them.

And, of course, Deus Ex.
>>
>>342239226
And how that affect game story? it still one of best game stories of all time.
>>342239728
>spec ops
i dont see anyone has patience to play that boring game, so boring mechanics
>mafia 2
sure it was great
>gta 5
thats good too
>resident evil
nah
>dark souls
wut
>>
>>342238791
It was okay, but Heavy Rain was better. I wish I played the game in chronological order, I probably would've enjoyed it more that way. The non linear storytelling just undermined any validity to the decisions you would make in the game. It had its moments though.

>>342239226
What did you expect from a David Cage game?
>>
>>342240315
Heavy Rain tried to be too edgy, stupid ass color palate and boring ass characters.

Beyond was better , Ellen page and dafoe helped though
>>
Phonefag, so no image, but, I can name a few
>Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
>Mother 3
>The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
>Crysis series (though I didn't play 3)
>>
>>342239875
Yeah, spec ops mechanics are limited, can't argue with that.
Resident evil is all about the story. It is a good, well-written one, but sadly it's poorly explored by the games (at least after the 3rd one).

Well, Dark Souls reminds me a lot of Lovecraft stories, and his stories were all about creating this dense, breathtaking atmosphere rather that detailing things. This is up to the reader.
And this is what Dark Souls is all about, this dense atmosphere, lacking details, with gaps that is up to the player to fill. It's a very subjective game. This shit is a masterpiece.
>>
>>342240851
what you describe about Dark souls is sound like fan fiction.

Dark souls story is filler fantasy . its just here to show case gameplay mechanics.
>>
>>342240581
>edgy

What

>complaining about the colors

Are you autistic?

>boring ass characters

They're great and believable characters, unlike magic teenagers and JRPG tier retarded antagonists.
>>
>>342241275
Damn, I really sounded like a pretentious faggot.
>>
File: Gruntilda_(Game_Over).jpg (11 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Gruntilda_(Game_Over).jpg
11 KB, 400x300
Banjo Kazooie had a good story. An ugly witch who wants to be beautiful, so she does it by stealing people's beauty.

It was original too, I can't think of any other game that did that.
>>
>>342241275
I don't know who's baiting who but I geniuly consider these kind of story as good. Sure they are very barebone but when it's well done it give a certain atmosphere
and is interesting. Plus it avoid having fuckton of boring dialogue.

I consider game like Dark Souls, SMT and Armored Core to be good exemple of this kind of story.
>>
>>342242006
Well, at least you get it.
>>
File: White Cartoon Face Reborn.jpg (4 KB, 112x125) Image search: [Google]
White Cartoon Face Reborn.jpg
4 KB, 112x125
>>342240851
>Resident evil is all about the story.
12 year old boys please leave.
>>
All jokes aside, Uncharted 2 and 4 had great fucking stories.
>>
File: hole.png (241 KB, 332x332) Image search: [Google]
hole.png
241 KB, 332x332
https://youtu.be/rAzcVPfgp6Q
>>
HALF LIFE 2
>>
>>342244658
I know for a fact that rape does not sound like this
>>
>>342244785
And now we know who won the trip to Detroit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.