[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good games that everyone hates because of its fan base
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9
File: download.png (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6 KB, 300x168
Good games that everyone hates because of its fan base
>>
>>342234185
ur mom
>>
>>342234185
>Good games that everyone hates because of its fan base
You're apart of the problem
>>
>>342235850
There is no problem, its just a game, nigga. Play it.
>>
>good game

Can you please post one, OP?
>>
>>342234185
I enjoyed Undertale's characters and I really appreciate the twist at the end with the whole 'LV is actually level of violence' stuff, but the actual game part was repetitive and not all that great. Especially in a game that encourages you to play through the whole thing multiple times to see the story develop.

The fanbase is the buggest problem though, and not just because of the autism. More people would have gotten a better experience from the game if they went into it blind and weren't told to play it a certain way to get a certain ending.
>>
>>342234185
/v/
>>
File: 506602962_preview_TF2.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
506602962_preview_TF2.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>342234185
It's still fun, I don't care what you people say about the community and hats and shit

Protip: Turn off in game VOIP and play only on official Valve servers. Shit's still great
>>
File: flowey.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
flowey.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>342234185
just finished my pacifist run.
love the replay value of the game.
>super in depth in every detail.
>each playthrough is vastly different.

I really don't understand the fanbase hate for this game. /v/ is constantly preaching about it.

1. I don't know that many people that even know about the game. Its indie to the point of being underground.
2. People I've heard from that like it are mostly normal ass people. Yeah some people obsess, but that carries to anything this good, really. And every fanbase is gonna have a few oddballs.

Yall act like its on the autism level of sanic.
If I'm wrong enlighten me. I'm honestly a bit confused.
>>
Sonic in general.
>>
File: flowey.png (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
flowey.png
3 KB, 225x225
>>342239458
wrong file
>>
>>342234185
Overwatch, if not already then within a few months
>>
File: never forget.gif (1 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
never forget.gif
1 MB, 800x600
Remember when /v/ and /a/ were hype as fuck for this?

Good times.
>>
>>342239662
He said good games
>>
File: Eric Sparrow.jpg (6 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
Eric Sparrow.jpg
6 KB, 250x187
http://pastebin.com/f31AJx4J

Undertale is not a good game. One of the reasons mocking the fanbase became so big here is because... well, why do they exist?

Ever since the beginning we've gotten non stop threads about how 'great' this game is, but it sounds like it's coming from kids who have never really played a game before. The plot twists in Undertale are a far cry from the real insane twists of the genre, such as Baten Kaitos.
>>
File: 1441925543509.jpg (53 KB, 390x510) Image search: [Google]
1441925543509.jpg
53 KB, 390x510
>>342239795
>menu song starts to play on my head as the gif goes on

KS may not be the best VN out there, but it was pretty comfy desu.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 592x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 592x372
I feel like most Zelda fans are OCD shut-ins or aspies.
>>
>>342234185

>go to McDonald's
>want to order a 20 chicken mcnugget set because it's your favorite
>kid in front of you orders chicken mcnuggets
>he's wearing a battleborn shirt
>he turns around and starts spouting gearbox memes at you
>he gets his mcnuggets
>pours mayonnaise all over them and throws them at you
>your turn to order
>you get a filet o' fish instead because that kid annoyed you so much

That's how retarded you sound like when you hate a single player game because of some of its fans
>>
>>342239795
Katawa Shoujo General #3063
>>
>>342234185
SMT/Persona
>>
File: Minecraft.png (248 KB, 570x321) Image search: [Google]
Minecraft.png
248 KB, 570x321
>>
>>342238912
I thought the same thing, but then I realized the thing that drove me away was unusuals blaring effects and lime and pink hats, I left the game shortly after MvM came out, now that weapons could be painted and heads attached to guns, I'd say it's a bit more than that
>>
>>342240571
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>food analogy
>>
>>342241775
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>no arguement
>>
>>342239795
it was an ok anal scene
>>
>>342240230
my nigga. THUG deserves more respect

Undertale isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread. Its simply amazing for what it is. A $10 (or free) 8bit rpg that was largely made by one person.
It doesn't hold your hand. It actually pokes fun at this in the beginning. It introduces itself as a harmless upbeat simple ass game, then turns into a deeper thought provoking rpg. The trial and error style ads to replay, and if you don't sit and google everything keeps you guessing.
There were points I genuinely felt bad for my decisions, and others where i felt accomplished.
The game costantly hints at what could be, without ever truely giving anything away, which gives the twists a fight club "it was all in front of me all along" feel.
Yeah the visuals and mechanics are a bit dumbed down at times, but brilliant and unexpected at others.
Its called dynamics.
>>
>>342234185
>>342238912
>>342239795
>tfw I like all of those
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.