[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is what happens when you buy keys from third party site
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: tmp_16796-logos620376807.png (46 KB, 491x141) Image search: [Google]
tmp_16796-logos620376807.png
46 KB, 491x141
This is what happens when you buy keys from third party sites like G2A

http://tinybuild.com/g2a-sold-450k-worth-of-our-game-keys
>>
Nobody would buy that trash if they had to buy it full price
>>
>>342230690
>STEALIN FOOD FROM MUH MOUTH
>>
>>342230690
literally worse than pirating
>>
>>342230979
Hilarious how pc thieves shit on devs all the time then expect to be treated as kings
>>
>>342231091
>The problem is that this business model is fundamentally flawed and facilitates a black market economy.
>>
>>342230690
Good
>>
Black market is a good thing, the only reason you could even attempt at defending this is if you were a merchant yourself, crying about being undercut.

tl;dr assmad shill thread
>>
They could have just sold it through steam only if they wanted to prevent this but they just had to try and bypass valve's cut by selling it directly from their site
>>
>>342231578
Yeah monopolies are cool
>>
Punch Club was a shitty game that took too fucking long with the shitty stat decay, couldn't care less if its devs are unhappy
it's also on android iirc, but they're not crying about android piracy for some reason
>>
G2A and CDkeys is the only reason I bother buying new games on PC anymore. You really think games are worth 60$+50$ season pass + microtransactions? Look at The Division, had a decent beta, and people hated it a month after. Same with Fallout 4 and Battlefront and a bunch of other new games
>>
>>342230690
>you can do this in 3 easy steps starting with
>Get ahold of a database of stolen credit cards on the darkweb
Kek
>>
>>342231641
Or any other distributor that doesn't give out codes

steam is the only one they really care about though and that's what was sold here anyway
>>
>>342231578
>>342231641
http://store.steampowered.com/app/394310/
???
>>
>>342231886
G2A got the codes because the devs specifically wanted extra dosh from selling codes through their own site

If they only sold through steam there wouldn't be separate codes to give out to the grey market sellers
>>
>>342230690
Aren't these the guys who held their game hostage until Streamers shilled it or something?
>>
>>342230690
>muh stolen credit cards

Except shit almost never gets recalled . Has it occurred to them it's just people being smart about selling unwanted bundled games and non region locked products they can buy cheaper? Industry wanted to region lock PC games, have fun with what you got now.
>>
"Give me attention"

---indie dev
>>
I will pay full price for my games when I actually get to own the damn thing instead of getting a DRM ridden licence.
They can't get away treating customers this way and then complaining when someone offers a better service by giving a constant low price more akin to the rent-like service STEAM is.
I kinda feel sorry for the devs because this is mostly Valve's fault but that's free market for you, if you don't protect your own rights no one will do it for you.
>>
>>342230690
what's up with this shilling today?
like 3 threads up about this shit
no one would buy your shitty mobile game if it were full price
>>
>>342231152
But he's right. Only time people buy it is when it's sold at very low prices. And it just so happens that their games have indeed been on places such as Humble Indie Bundle and other similar trash bin sites sold for a dollar.

G2A most likely brought them during these sales and resell the keys at higher price.
>>
>>342231272
I wish whoever wrote that article was literate.
Then can be no black marked so long keys are legitimate. There can be no price gouging so long there is a infinite supply of keys.

Also:
>Claim the reselling is funded via stolen credit cards from darkweb
>But also claim its funded via bots scavanging for free keys online
>>
>>342230690
Oh please,he acts like he lost 450k when in reality he lost more like 60-75% since nobody ever buys at fullprice for such a little game, especially speedrumners. Top it off the moment you bundled your game, good luck not seeing that everywhere afterwards
>>
Archive or screenshot?
>>
2 ways to fix it.
1) Devs stop putting your games up on Indie bundle shit sites
2) Make the keys sold on those site expire after some time
WOW, i fucking fixed it.
>>
File: 1466513994931.png (490 KB, 720x1015) Image search: [Google]
1466513994931.png
490 KB, 720x1015
>>342232654
> TinyBuild, the developer behind games like Punch Club, Party Hard and SpeedRunners, say that game code marketplace G2A sold $450,000 worth of their products, many of them fraudulently acquired. The ensuing chargebacks put them in hot water with their payment provider and ultimately cost them thousands in lost revenue. Making things even more uncomfortable for them, this all occurred during a window of time that TinyBuild was attempting to formalize a relationship with G2A in order to allow them to sell authentic game keys.
> "Websites like G2A are facilitating a fraud-fueled economy where key resellers are being hit with tons of stolen credit card transactions," Alex Nichiporchik wrote on the official TinyBuild blog. "These websites are now growing rapidly due to low pricing of game keys."
> But the cost of dealing with third-party game code resellers can be significant for game developers and publishers. In today’s post Nichiporchik explains how TinyBuild established a small online store to sell their game codes directly to fans. He claims that fraudsters purchased thousands of codes through the portal, and began selling them on G2A.
>"The shop collapsed when we started to get hit by chargebacks," Nichiporchik said, referring to the process by which credit card processors wipe away fraudulent transactions made with stolen credit cards. "I’d start seeing thousands of transactions, and our payment provider would shut us down within days. Moments later you’d see G2A being populated by cheap keys of games we had just sold on our shop."
>>
>>342232586
The thing is, all the keys bought with illegitimate credit cards get the purchases reversed by visa and others, so he didn't loose only 40% of those keys, he lost 100%.
>>
fuck g2a
>buy CS:GO complete pack
>lazy to sell it
>put it up on G2A so they sell for me and I get my profit
>lots of friends do it
>I put it up
>some singaporean pig buys it and does a chargeback
>spent 3 months messaging back and forth g2a support
>sent proof of purchase and shit
>don't even care anymore because it was only $7
>g2a still send me a message asking for more detail 3 months later
>keep reminding me of how I got cheated out
>give up and don't do shit
I deserve it desu
>>
>>342233021
forgot to add
>check steam gifting history
>can clearly see the singaporean cunt accepting my gift
>check his profile
>description clearing written
>"selling CS:GO Complete Pack for 3 CS:GO keys!!"
>"add me fast!!"
>>
>>342232781
There's nothing to fix you retard
>Dev sells game cheap on a sale/bundle
>Someone resells the key for a profit when is no longer obtainable for cheap
>"Wow, I was totally going to make a ton of full price sales. It's not like a my shitty short pixel game only sells big on sales/bundles and people in general wait for the prices to get lower before making a purchase"
>>
>>342230690
Reminder if you buy from Jew2A you are either

A) Too poor and refuse to get a job so you can buy electronic entertainment like an adult, and instead loudly cry about price marks and microtransactions

B) A literal 3rd world slavnigger who ruins every single online experience for the rest of us

Either way, you fully fucking deserve to be scammed. Greymarket sites are a cancer for the industry.
>>
>>342233853
>buying things on discount is for jews or niggers
remember to pre-order and purchase the season pass, anon! those poor developers need ALL of your money!
>>
>>342233853
Or C) Have a job but enjoy low prices and until someone does something about it I'm buying from them.
>>
>>342234080
>>342234115
Mazel tov my friends

but seriously, kys
>>
How can you steal keys that can only be provided by the devs?
>>
>>342234483
Buy and chargeback.
>>
I do not give a fuck.

I am pro consumer.

I will continue using CDkeys.

I do not give a fuck if it hurts the developer.

I do not give a fuck. These websites exist to tell you your game is priced too high. Fuck off. Price your game accordingly. I already own the right to play Deus Ex Mankind Divided at 30$, DOOM was 40, and Dishonored 2 is still less than 50$.

I fucking bought the thing. I have no idea how this is worse than pirating and there is NO way you can convince me it is.
>>
>>342233853
WHY BE A PRO CONSUMER WHEN I CAN BE A SOGGY CUNT
>>
>>342233853
I just don't give a fuck. I will always try to get shit as cheap as I can.
>>
>marketers now try to convince people that bargains are somehow bad
Fuck off. There is no other response to this,
>>
The best way to fix this is to stop issuing chargeback to customers by card providers.

If your card gets stolen, it's your fault, you're not entitled to anything you drooling shithead.
>>
>>342233853
>>342234080
its funny cause some of these sites are actually run by jews. in israel. g2play for example i know for sure, and i think its just a reskinned g2a.
the middleman wins again while doing 0 work.this is why they rule the world. abuse all possibilities and loopholes
just sell your game on steam where accounts will be locked when chargebacks happen or make a platform that allows you to punish chargebacks. its not hard. stop playing yourself
>>
>>342237263
>Get mugged
>This is somehow your fault
>>
>>342237263
Everything can be fixed by taking power away from individuals and giving it to companies!

Thanks G.I. Joe!
>>
>>342230690
Wasn't punch club selling for 20$? And didn't the dev not want to release it until twitch finished the game or someshit like that?
>>
>>342237356
>>342237380
If you're too fucking dumb to protect your property, it's not anyone elses' fault. What do you want, a nanny state to hold your money for you? If you can't afford to get your card details stolen, just don't get a card, it's not mandatory.
>>
if its cheaper thats all i care about
>>
>>342230690
>>342232962
Have to wonder why keys aren't paired to payment info in a database somewhere.

>key entered
>payment info status: chargeback
>key rejected

Then all the poorfags that bought illegitimate keys could go whine that they got scammed and G2A would go out of business.
>>
>>342237550
You just repeated your "crime is the victim's fault" point and it's not any less idiotic than it was in the previous post..
>>
>>342237692
I did, because it's fucking common sense. You're one of those people who get drunk, bang a fat chick at a party, and cry rape in the morning, arent you?
>>
I don't care
>>
>>342237841
>summer /v/ is here

I didn't want to believe...
>>
>>342237841
Now you hve no arguments and hope to sway the crowd with your wacky assumption.
>>
>>342230690
Good, devs who fail to compete at market prices should just exit making games. This will teach them for using DRM in their games.
>>
>>342237841
We wanted a proper point made here, not your birth story.
>>
>>342238016
This is actually a case of DRM not being stronk enough.

The next wave is going to be something like >>342237641
>>
>We're not making enough money. Quickly, blame the customers!

Deserves to go under.
>>
File: 100.jpg (52 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
52 KB, 500x750
>>342238143
Damn
>>
I have ZERO sympathy for them if they don't cancel the stolen keys. They're helping to perpetuate the problem.

The users that are fucked can just do a chargeback against G2A, so in the end it's G2A that takes the $450k loss.
>>
>>342238564
They know they can't do shit. I assume a lot of the "stolen" keys were from some shitty bundles people are reselling on G2A because let's face it, why the fuck wouldn't you?
>>
>>342238686
If they were from bundles they wouldn't be losing any money. They issue is that people are using stolen credit cards to get the keys, and the payment is then chargebacked by the real owner of the CC.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.