[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>what's the /v/erdict
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 10
File: DBD_Standard_Edition.jpg (2 MB, 5851x3200) Image search: [Google]
DBD_Standard_Edition.jpg
2 MB, 5851x3200
>what's the /v/erdict
>>
unbalanced. fun for 20-ish hours though.
>>
Fun in short bursts but really poorly designed and lacking in content. The game is stacked against the killer as long as the survivors aren't retarded thanks to how imbalanced most perks are.
>>
Poorly designed rank system encourages rage-quitting and griefers. Forces killers to do really stupid inane shit in order to farm points.
>>
>>342229963
UNFINISHED: DO NOT BUY YET
>>
>>342230094
played like 8hours of beta, have no desire to go back.
>>
Thanks for the feedback, I think I'm going to take a gamble and buy it, but if shit hits the fan before 2 hrs I'll just refund.
>>
>>342230991
>Comes to /v/ to ask for purchase advice
>/v/ says not to buy piece of shit game
>Buys it anyways
>>
Pretty appealing hook (LOL) but lacks longevity. Higher level play is based around stupid gimmicks. Very little room to become more skillful. Also developers have checked out since it went full release. No idea on what level of support there will be for it.
>>
If you're expecting a slasher horror sim, you won't find it here. Since the goal is to escape rather than survive, the survivors have the incentive to get the exit open as fast as possible, while the killer has the incentive to find and kill as fast as possible.

So nothing like a slasher horror, no slowly wandering around, spooking people, cornering or catching them. Just a mad dash to hack them up and put them on meat hooks.
>>
>>342231053
>Impliyng it's not shills
>>
>>342231193
>the survivors have the incentive to get the exit open as fast as possible, while the killer has the incentive to find and kill as fast as possible.
Neither of these are true if you're trying to rank up. It'd be better if it was true so if someone DC'd I wouldn't have to farm points.
>>
>>342229963
I fucking love it. But as of now it needs a LOT more polish. They have a rank system for god knows what reason that serves no purpose. Its actively harming the community since it encourages people to DC which just fucks EVERYTHING up. As a killer just one person rage quitting is enough to fuck you over in bloodpoints.

Killers can also see survivors pregame which encourages killers to shut down the lobby and try again if they dont like what they see. It also allows them to target and gun down the best players instantly normally causing a loss for the survivors.

The base game is fantastic I love everything about it. With some work ironing out some of the topside stuff and it will be my GOTY.

I will say that early levels can be really lopsided balance wise since one good perk will change the game completely. Later on it all evens out and is pretty fine.
>>
>>342230094
>>342230384
So I wasn't the only one who noticed how broken the game is
The killer has to be very lucky to pull it off unless the survivors are retarded
>>
File: 1456074215688.png (195 KB, 486x218) Image search: [Google]
1456074215688.png
195 KB, 486x218
>>342229963
Fun. Needs more content and polishment but otherwise fun, I've already clocked 22 hours in the game.
>>
>>342231391
The killer is almost at advantage at any time. Almost any game I end up killing 3 survivors, sometimes 4.
>>
>>342231308
It is true.
>trying to rank up
Who the fuck in their right mind would want to do that in this game?
The best tactic is to jump in and out of windows and just irritate the killer until he either ragequits or gives up and goes for someone else.
The game is flowed, the survivors are way too powerful once they have played at least 2 matches.powerful in the sense that they know what they need to do
>>
>>342231391
That's the problem with these games.
They're only scary for normies who think most horror movies are scary. In that sense I wish I was a normie, just so I could enjoy horrorgames more.
>>
>>342231053
I did say I was taking a gamble, didn't I?
>>
>>342231528
Can you seriously just jumping from one side of a window to the other back and forth to avoid the killer..?
>>
>>342231359
>fuck you over in bloodpoints.
you don't say, i can do a shit ton of work as the killer, kill everybody, even when they get down multiple times and only get 13-16k while the survivors that just lost can get 21k and after that playing as a survivor can give you +30k if you play your cards right but getting over that 13-16k as a killer is a chore.

AND the points are shared between survivors and the killer, so why would you ever play as a killer if you wanted points?

They fucked it up good with a ranking system, it should really just have been Left 4 Dead with one zombie.(you know what i mean)
>>
>>342231489
>The killer is almost at advantage at any time
How's that insta-unhook working out for you?
And the window cheesing is even worse
>>
>>342231391
if you think about it, it has the same problem as evolved did but instead of people feeling that one side is OP and the other is not, it's very clear in this game that the survivors are OP and most people agree on that.
>>
>>342231769
If they're not Trapper, then yes. Usually.

Devs are going to be adding a stamina bar which causes people to slow down after repeated window climbs.
>>
>>342231831
>How's that insta-unhook working out for you?
while you hook somebody, a survivor can unhook them a second after and there's nothing you can do, since you're locked in the animation or when you place a trap infront of the hook.

>And the window cheesing is even worse
Last game i played of the beta, i ragequit, uninstalled the game and didn't talk to anybody that day.
>>
>>342231793
I literally have no idea why they have it since all that maters is the levels. The matchmaking should be based on prestige and levels since that's whats going to determine how equipped a player is. As a killer I've shut down lobby's when I was a level 5 trapper because I had two 25+ survivors who I just knew had 4 perks each yet were only rank 17.

Rank also means NOTHING right now since its so easy to derank and so hard to rank. As a survivor you can turn one three gens yourself open the gate and survive and still derank since that's only 9250 points and not 10000.
>>
>>342232015
>A survivor can unhook them
So I just rev up my chainsaw and hook them again
I don't care if people get unhooked, them getting unhooked means another person is there, at least TWO people not doing gennies and I can just down both of them if I really want to
>>
>>342231769
Yes its designed that way. There are very specific areas on every map that allow this to happen. Its a safe zone for survivors. If you are not a trapper fuck off and hunt someone else.
>>
>>342231308
Every single game I've played so far, people are just trying to win.
>>
I'm pretty addicted at the moment but it's pretty damn busted and is going to need some fixes soon.
>>
>>342231769
YES you totally can.

>>342231915
>If they're not Trapper
Even when they are the trapper you still can, the trap has a very narrow radius it'll get you, it's very easy for the trapper to place it just a slightly bit off and they usually don't go and get more traps to completely fuck up the windows, but then they can just go to the other windows, there's usually 6/7 windows and even then, the survivors can break your traps or disarm them.

>Devs are going to be adding a stamina bar which causes people to slow down after repeated window climbs.
They're also adding a lobby. I'm not going to trust them until they deliver, way too many devs have said they wanted to add something and never done it, besides most people that wanted to buy the game have already done it.
>>
File: head-establish.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
head-establish.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
Too many bugs, lack of effective anticheat, P2P with killer being the host, saved data stored locally, bad matchmaking, retarded rank system, toxic community.
>>
I love that Payday 2 is funding the game. They already have 25 total killers planned over the course of two years. Its the only reason I'm still interested in the game since it means stuff will be fixed sooner or latter.
>>
>>342232194
>Every single game I've played so far, people are just trying to win.
Then you don't understand that to win in this game you have to farm points. Killing all 4 survivors as a killer as fast as possible usually results in you deranking.
>>
It's fun and has incredible potential to be GOAT but it needs a fuckton of polish to get there. It feels like an Early Access game.

I do like the idea behind the current point system for ranking though (although the implementation is iffy). So ranking up is not just tryharding the objective but also focusing on "style" points.
>>
>>342232068
It's also too difficult finding people. Sure when you playing 1v4 it's easy to find 1 or 2, but what about the rest? the map generates based on how many players there are and now you're playing on a 4 survivor map against 2 survivors. Unless they fuck up, it can be very difficult to find them, heck on such a map just finding the last person is next to impossible.
>>
>>342232453
Then they all escape and you lose. Well done!
>>
>>342229963

meme/10
>>
>>342232106
read again
>>
Fix the window hopping abuse
Fix the survivors being able to heal faster than the killer finishes their attack animation
Fix shitty lobbies
Fix local saves

Maybe.
>>
>>342231528
>Who the fuck in their right mind would want to do that in this game?
Anyone who wants to progress?
>>
Buggy shit that got boring after 2 hours in the beta and the full release didn't fix anything. Thankfully I could refund it. Never letting my friends convince me to get a game again.
>>
Pubbing is meh. Playing private matches with friends is a fuckin blast tho
>>
>Chasing people while playing Smoke on the Water with my chainsaw or bell

HNNNNGGGG
>>
>>342232623
If they get all the generators and leave without ever encountering the killer or escaping from a hook or whatever, the survivors all also probably derank.
The game isn't really about "winning," it's more of a score-attack. You can, as a killer, not sacrifice a single person and still come out on top because you played a stylish match and harassed the survivors all game.
>>
>>342232157
This. A good killer can basically chase a survivor forever thanks to the 'scratches', so the cheese spots were designed to be safe for survivors.
>>
Self-care perk and windowhopping turns you into an invincible bait survivor.
>>
>>342232623
that's not how this game works. you don't "lose" if they all escape, actually it doesn't matter so much that they all escape, what matters is that you gain a ton of points.
You could get 1 out of the 4 survivors and still call it a win, because you got a ton of points, the game doesn't show a "lose" or "win" screen.
It doesn't even care if you die and leave, it lets you, it encourages people leaving sessions they're dead in to find new games.
>>
File: 1352738551396.jpg (67 KB, 720x499) Image search: [Google]
1352738551396.jpg
67 KB, 720x499
Which survivor should I level up?
>>
>>342232931
With the right perks, you can literally heal faster than the killer can attack you without even vaulting.
>>
>>342232931
This
I've seen videos of people literally bodyblocking the killer, outspeeding their attack with their self-heal. That's bullshit.

They should make it so when you're near the killer, anything you try to do gets a huge chance of failing like fixing gennies, self-healing, getting people off hooks, etc.
>>
>>342232861
I can understand that, but I don't think other people do. The last 6 games I've played, every single time the survivors have just tried to escape as fast as possible. If people are playing the game casually, I would expect them playing just to win.
>>
>>342232426
>stuff will be fixed sooner or latter.
You learned nothing from Payday 2. There are fundamental networks bugs and stability issues that Payday 2 has had since day 1, things that are so elementary that no other game in -current year- has them, yet they never care to address them.
We are getting alot of shitty character DLC packs for Payday 2 though, STILL.
>>
>>342231053
Every fucking time.
>>
>>342232384
Was anybody else surprised that the game doesn't look that good? It runs on Unreal Engine 4, even indie shit looks better.
>>
>>342231391
>unless the survivors are retarded
Kaceytron regularly won matches as a survivor so theory disproved
>>
>>342232931
>Claud with botany, self care, resilience, lightweight, and a good medkit with good addons

I run fucking every all the time not caring if I get smacked. I even fuck with the killers sometimes running right up to them letting them smack me and running off to heal my self to do it again.
>>
>>342232689
People should ONLY be able to heal with the medkit. This free healing shit has to stop.
>>
>>342231831
Insta-unhooking?

I just stay near the victim in order to achieve good boy points. Also it's really easy to catch people dicking around windows.
>>
>>342232690
And what? You only get consumables when you level up. And if you're really lucky you'll get a perk that'll last.
>>
>>342233028
Killers have perks like that. Its just that few use them in favor of other things like Spy crows and strong grip.

On my wraith I have a perk that causes 3 times as many skill checks and they are 75% harder just from be existing nearby. I love walking up on gens and watching them explode as every survivor fails a skillcheck at the same time.
>>
File: 1400048639473.gif (2 MB, 300x159) Image search: [Google]
1400048639473.gif
2 MB, 300x159
>>342232705
I'm proud of you son.
>>
>>342233370
>Tfw 24% increased terror zone on Hillbilly
As soon as I'm like 20-30 yards away from a gennie they fucking run because to them it feels like I'm practically on top of them
>>
>>342232974
I believe Claudette and Meg are the approved tryhard survivors.
Claudette for her invaluable self-heal and Meg for her sanic sprint perks.
Jake's saboteur perk is also cool however and Dwight's buff aura perks will probably get more powerful whenever they add the party system.

How do teachable perks work by the way?

Keep in mind that I own the game but have literally not started it up once yet. All of my "knowledge" comes from watching streams.
>>
>>342233293
The problem is survivors need good perks since the killer has them. Spy crows is fucking busted. I know basically where every survivor is at all times.
>>
>>342229963
it really doesn't look appealing to me, and i don't ever plan on buying it and playing it.
>>
>>342232861
>If they get all the generators and leave without ever encountering the killer or escaping from a hook or whatever, the survivors all also probably derank.
Didn't know about this but the game doesn't even tell you, so why would anybody else know?
>>
>>342233214
I think it looks exactly how it should given the tone and goal of the game. Fuck max fog though. I hate when survivors use that shit. I cant see shit.
>>
>>342233483
>How do teachable perks work by the way?
Once you get that perk on its respected character it will appear as ultra rare perks on the bloodweb of the others. Both killers and survivors have teachables.
>>
Can we talk about how the generator mini-game is more about luck than skill? Sure you can get good at executing it but sometimes it doesn't even give you a second to react.
>>
>>342232974

Wanna juke the killer all day long? Black lady

Wanna be the medic? White girl

Wanna sabotage some shit? Chink

Wanna...Help the others do things better? White guy
>>
>>342233813
Thats based on luck and difficulty. It also plays a noise a full one second before the skillcheck.

If you want more time to react get perks or tools / addons that decrease the skill check difficulty.
>>
>>342233813

I think the generator QTE should be made harder, force the person fixing it to go in first person or change up what you need to react to, you get used to the circle QTE rather fast.
>>
>>342233813
generator mini-game is easy as fuck once you get used to it thanks to the sound cue it plays. The only dumb thing is that if you get off the genny as a killer gets there while the sound cue is playing then it counts as a fuck-up and gives away your position. That is entirely luck-based since you can't predict when the sound is going to play and when the killer is going to be nearby.
>>
>>342233616
No, like the textures are bad, the models are bad, the lighting is bad, the overall flow of the animations are bad.
Like the game looks bad, it's not that the aesthetics choice is bad, that part makes sense, it's that visually the game looks terrible.
>>
>>342233813
Only one of the skill-checks is hard, the one that has you press pretty fucking early like half a second after it pops up or you're fucked.
>>
>>342233532
>Spy crows is fucking busted
I found it hugely distracting as a killer.

>survivors need good perks
no, they just have to annoy the killer, that's all they need to get out.
>>
>>342233483
Was bumped out when i found out that all the survivors have their own skill tree. Wish it was just shared and the survivors were just skins... even then i always play as the twin-braided cutie.
>>
>>342234402
Once I got used to setting off the crows myself I found that I cant go back. It completely counters people who move slow and hide. Heavy breathing can set it off since any noise made has a chance to be marked. It makes the game so much easier as the killer.
>>
anyone know where the save game is?
>>
>Rusty chain perk makes survivors unable to be helped up
>>
>>342229963

You greentext like a newfag
>>
>>342233370
>And what? You only get consumables when you level up
Consumables can make or break certain matches though. There's shit that lets the killer see survivors through walls, OHKO them, etc. etc.

Also, I was talking about rank, not level up.
>>
File: carlito.png (12 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
carlito.png
12 KB, 350x350
>>342229963
its dead by daylight
>>
>>342229963
>deluxe edition
[sound of toilet being flushed]
>>
>>342233536
>nothing the post
>>
Is this still in Beta? I tried to play a few days ago and it just wouldn't load.
>>
>>342234798

CAAAAAARLOOOOOOS
>>
>>342233826
>White guy
>Hispanic
>White guy
Nobody talks about how they basically made a checkbox for each race.
>>
>Not playing the nigger to perfectly blend into the environment.
>>
>>342234993
Because it's just going to stir shit and isn't really relevant.
>>
How do you guys feel about the constant button mashing and wiggling of your controller(tapping your keyboard). the wiggling part is something i despise, it will eventually be the end of my controller and i don't want to buy a new one.
Heck in the beta i wrote a script that would do it for me.
>>
>>342234803
you get 2 masks and ... soundtrack? do you want the soundtrack, no? do you want the masks for a different game you don't anymore play, no?

people are so used to thinking that the deluxe/limited edition is THE edition to get but now it's just a buy without thinking thing.
>>
File: 1465597186383.gif (346 KB, 255x168) Image search: [Google]
1465597186383.gif
346 KB, 255x168
I couldnt get a single game as killer which is the most fun game mode. It's still the same game as the beta but with a few extras. I already refunded and am just going to wait for Friday the 13th.
>>
>>342235198
I dont even bother unless I have the slippery perk. EVERY fucking killer has strong grip now so you will never get free.
>>
>>342234863
no, it went out of beta last week(i think.) it's defiantly not in beta anymore.
>>
>>342229963
who are you quoting
>>
>>342235438
>you will never get free.
plenty do, the strong grip only last so long and they usually break all the hooks, that means the only place to hook them is in the basement and it takes forever to get there and there's only one way in.
>>
Game is too stacked in favour of the survivors;

>Generators all spread out around the very edges of the map
>Windows and planks everywhere to juke the killer
>Take two hits to down
>Free speed boost after being hit
>Killer only has 10-15 seconds to carry you or he gets stunned
>Takes over a minute for you to die on a hook if you don't struggle
>Your hooks can get destroyed

There's no reason to give the survivors that many chances. If you fuck up so bad the killer manages to catch you then you should just be dead, simple as. Hooks should just be optional in case the killer wants more points.
>>
>>342235410
derr derr puspus
>>
>>342235508
>me
what's the /v/erdict
>>
>>342235727
Sorry that I didn't like this obviously unfinished game faggot. Why don't you play it instead of crying here.
>>
Just had a bug as Hillbilly where my chainsaw made no noise at all, not while revving or charging only AFTER hitting someone with the charge, like hitting right click once.
>>
>>342235704
And you can't kill the survivors who are down unless you're some special killer or have something.
Which means they'll slowly crawl away and you have to pick them up and carry them back but then you risk them getting up for free.
>>
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I JUST GOT A GAME AS HILLBILLY WHERE MY SAW MADE NO SOUND WHATSOEVER, NOT WHILE REVVING OR CHARGING

Get one guy down, hook, domino effect occurs and I have one guy hooked and 3 crawling around me.
>>
>>342235704
>Hooks should just be optional in case the killer wants more points.
No, Hooks are essential for the gameplay to make sense, if there were no hooks, there wouldn't be any incentive for the other survivors to try to rescue you.
>>
File: JasonHalfMask.jpg (96 KB, 386x251) Image search: [Google]
JasonHalfMask.jpg
96 KB, 386x251
What about that friday the 13th game though?
>>
File: 1402881651295.jpg (97 KB, 719x717) Image search: [Google]
1402881651295.jpg
97 KB, 719x717
>>342235842
I was trying to be nice to you and you rage for no reason.
>>
>>342236123
The gameplay doesn't look too promising.
I mean, jason teleports.
>>
>>342236123
map looks too big
>>
>>342236036

Yes, the incentive would change to not getting caught in the first place as opposed to jumping in and out of windows or running circles around the killer for free points.
>>
>>342236282
not what i meant, i said that the OTHER survivors would not have an incentive to help you.
the whole game is about helping each other to get out, that's what gives you the most points.
>>
>turn on a stream to see what kind of pile of shit this is
>literally just turning on generators
>that's the game
>>
>>342236409
You're not wrong.
>>
>>342229963
its EVOLVE done right, still wonder why i only saw one stage on twitch
>>
>>342236510
>its EVOLVE done right
nope
>>
Me and three friends bought this since it was 9 bongs in CAD and one of us is a fucking leaf.
Our hangout was called Dead by 2 hours or less afterwards.
>>
>>342229963
Not as bad as Evolve bad. 6/10
>>
>>342236143
How was I supposed to take "derr derr puspus" other than "this is what you sound like"
>>
>>342229963
This is actually fun to watch, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere near a good purchase to actually play.
>>
lmao. All these faggots min-maxing a totally dumpster tier game. Terminate yourselves immediately or find a real game to jerk off to.
>>
>>342237298
>find a real game

SUCH AS?! :V
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.