[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well that's rude! .... No games.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: snapshot.jpg (289 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
289 KB, 1280x720
Well that's rude! .... No games.
>>
File: ganishkasuperapostel1.jpg (116 KB, 385x326) Image search: [Google]
ganishkasuperapostel1.jpg
116 KB, 385x326
>>342228692
So what's everyone's interpretation on DHMIS 6? Could this be the last one?
>>
>>342229221

They confirmed it was the end of the whole thing. Personally, I didn't understand it. I guess when Red pulled the plug it "fixed" everything for them and now they're free to do whatever they want, instead of being trapped in whatever fever-dream-esque hell they were in before.
>>
>>342229363
That still doesn't explain what was up with yellows dad. Was he in control of the mascots this whole time?
>>
>>342229554

I honestly don't know, it seems like he was the one "in charge" of their tv show lives. In the scene where Red is messing with the controls, he affects yellow's reality. So I guess his dad was doing that shit all along, but Red ended it... somehow. That's just my guess though.
>>
>>342230040
I see...So they finaly changed the date but why they changed colour pallets and why did the note appear again, do you think youre able to answer this?
>>
>>342230435
The new colours of the characters line up with what they said their favorite colour was in the first DHMIS
>>
>Red becomes adult and created a new files horror to tortured yellowe
just
>>
>>342230563

What this anon says is an interesting point, I thought their colors had simply become inverted and they now have to relive everything again in a closed loop. HOWEVER, it is true that their colors match the colors they said were their favorite. I guess it could mean things are the way they wanted them, and the note is there because Red sang that song in a nostalgic way in the episode.
>>
Was them re-playing a song about being creative in their sixth installment supposed to be ironic?
>>
>>342232107

No, it's full of homages to the past episodes. 'I wonder what will happen" was episode two, "that's boring" was episode one response to "I use my hair to express myself" etc.
>>
File: future.png (216 KB, 330x349) Image search: [Google]
future.png
216 KB, 330x349
>>342228692
>>342229221
Well the Red part was very obvious. He longed for the time when he was a child, now living a normal, boring life. He was always the most mature of the three, and probably in a rush to grow up. His height probably was there to show off him having hit puberty before them or some shit.

So he misses those times after he grew out of them. The button pressing I sort of read literally, as in he is pressing all the right buttons to, well, trigger yellow dude. The dad, Roy, was very overprotective of his kid and had a great influence on his friends too. Idunno. Fuck.

Anyway, a friend told me their website said there'd be a part 2. Was he wrong?
>>
File: 1425065110780.jpg (26 KB, 436x337) Image search: [Google]
1425065110780.jpg
26 KB, 436x337
How should a DHMIS-style video game be like?
>>
>>342232721

I dunno, but the hype behind episode six was due to the two creators of the show saying it was the last episode.
>>
>>342231028

I took it as the only meaningful "change" to occur was superficial at best. They get to be their favorite colors now, but the cycle of media manipulation is simply restarting. The characters we see could be the same, or just the next cast of poor fucks having their realities force fed to them by society.

Yellow represented youth, red represented teenagers on the cusp of adulthood, and duck was elderly people. Notice how, at one point, duck just straight up fucking dies.

Yellow's childhood is so totally destroyed by his father's force-feeding media messages to him that he's withdrawn and horrified, to the point where he wants nothing to do with even discussing dreams. He's become jaded and horrified with the world around him, and his father seems to realize that he fucked up by not trying to stop Red from "unplugging" him.

Red was expected to conform to a ridiculous, drudging reality that he once actively participated in. His "boss" rejects his file comes to life joke with a line that red himself gave previously "that sounds really boring".

Red, however, remembers the joy of creativity, at least the portion he had fun with before the song was made dark and evil in order to fuck with him/duck/yellow. His rejection of society allows him to try to help the next generation (yellow).

However, his attempt to do so seems to feed into a cyclical narrative. Seniors, young adults, and children continue to have their heads fucked with by society, the only difference being a change of wardrobe (maybe this is representative of new fashions/trends from generation to generation).

It reminds me of The Who. You know the line. "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."
>>
>>342233270
Did you write this, or is it pasta? Because it makes great sense.
>>
>>342233270

I like it, but a lot changes other than their color. The room is empty now, and the date finally changes. These, I think, are really important changes that have something to do with the narrative. I just don't know what. I do still feel like they are in a loop though, I just get this feeling that shit is restarting as opposed to starting anew.
>>
>>342233752
Maybe them getting past the 19th is supposed to mean they left the cycle?
>>
>>342233561

I wrote it just now, it's not pasta.

>>342233752

I find it harder to believe that there's an actual time loop happening, because there's no real evidence of that.

Sure, the time episode fucks with them, but to me the stillborn calendar serves to exemplify how little progress was made. After everything this "generation" had been through, they only progressed to the "next day", and like the color change, their situation changed only superficially. Otherwise, it's just the same.
>>
It's like when you're young and have random friends from school or down your road. One is in the year above (red) and the other is a faster learner (duck).
Now one day your dad decides that red is too old to be hanging out with you as he's looking to do more without being handheld into what he should be doing. So he disappears and as a kid you forget about him.

Then theres duck, he one day explains something and you grow up slighly as a result when in fact your parents wanted you to stay a child a bit longer, remaining blissfully unaware of some facts despite the necessity to know these for later life

a good example for this might be getting told by someone you know that santa claus doesn.t exist

Eventually you're left alone because your parents chased off your friends, seeing them as a bad influence when in fact they just weren't letting you grow up.

You'll start to realize things on your own and plead they stop reinforcing the lies you've lived with when growing up but by then your friends have become distant. You might not even remember them at this time and even if they still remember you they will still keep distant because they where forced to.
>>
So many neat theories.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.