[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when the FGC and SRK were shilling this fucking garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
Remember when the FGC and SRK were shilling this fucking garbage because it had the Capcom logo on it?

Remember when tourney players were saying how good it was and hiding the fact that there was this gem nonsense hidden within the game?

Remember when this game died a quiet death?

I remember because I'm not a fucking GOLDFISH like most retards that play video games. Anyone that takes the FGC community seriously is a retard.
>>
And? You want a cookie, faggot?
>>
>>342226987
I only remember people saying the game was shit. Because it was shit. Even the 2013 update only helped it so much.
>>
Infinites
Bugs
Gems P2W

no way I was going to touch that.
>>
>>342226987

Oh, it's this pasta again.

>Remember when the FGC and SRK were shilling this fucking garbage because it had the Capcom logo on it?

Everyone got hyped when it was first announced, then the gem stuff came out and people didn't kneejerk thinking the game was ruined, then people actually played it and there were a whole bunch of other problems so it got dropped.

>Remember when tourney players were saying how good it was and hiding the fact that there was this gem nonsense hidden within the game?

This never happened.
>>
>>342226987
I remember it because I have to look at it everytime I look at my ps3 games
it is that bad that my friend gave me it and he only really plays fighting games.
I also remember the time I played online and the person I was playing against was 2 people with 2 controllers using both characters in their special move against me hitting me from both sides...can't do anything, can't block...
>>
>pirated it before it even was released on steam
>had an absolute blast playing it

I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed this. I'm used to MvC2 style combos, I'm not good with those pin-point 1 frame button presses. I can't do the timing. I've had a fightpad for 5 years at that point, but still couldn't.

I liked the SFIV artstyle on the tekken characters too. I enjoyed the game overall. How much does it go for now?
>>
all they had to do was make a no-gem mode
fuck
>>
>>342230276

just dont pick gems?
>>
>>342230461
You have to pick gems, there is no other option. That's what people disliked about it among other things, it didn't help that some of the gems were P2W.
>>
SFxT is pretty good
>>
>>342230653

I played single player and didn't have to pick any gems.

Is it different in multiplayer?
>>
>>342232641
It was possible to pick an empty gem set. The tourney standard was some pre-set gem loadouts added in SFxT 2013
>>
>>342233057

It's easy to switch out the gems and keep them off. I don't understand why people are retarded.
>>
It shoud've been the successor to SFIV. The game is great, but Capcom kept funding SFIV, so people went back to it.
The same thing would happen if Capcom kept SFIV in the pro tour.
>>
File: julia.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
julia.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>>342236016

>would happen to SFV

Fix'd.

I miss Julia, fellas.
>>
People give this game way too much flack. Yeah, some of the gems were cheap, but the actual fighting mechanics were great. And even then, none of the gems were "pay to win". At most, they made you switch up your style a little, or made you play defense for a bit. The outcry was overblown because it was mishandled.
>>
>>342237316

>none of the gems were pay to win
>auto-tech gem
>>
>>342237576
Then just don't throw, dipshit
>>
>tfw liked the game
Gems were ass though. Without them it would have been much better.

Lars/Ken team best. Or Dudley/Steve
>>
>>342226987
Its a hidden gem. After the 2013 patch it became a really good game, but it was already late, it was dead by then.

Also, most first versions of modern fighting games are shit and need several patches, updates to refine themselves. See SF4 which started being hated as Sagat Fighter 4 and ended its run on a really high note, liked by almost everyone.

The FGC knew Sf X Tk had potential. And indeed it had, too bad the shady dlc practices killed the game before time. Even then, with the 2013 patch it became a good game.

So yes, the game was shit when it was released, but you are still wrong scrub.
>>
Daily reminder: NRS going to remake this game with DC characters and it will sell 5M .

Fucking kek
>>
>>342238887
i used lili/juri and hwarang/ibuki myself,im still kind of bummed that leo wasn't in the game
>>
>>342226987
This game has the ugliest fucking artstyle ever.
>>
>>342230276
It had way more problems than just gems.
>>
>>342240541
sf4/5 a pretty ugly in general and that cell shade filter they had over everyone in sfxt made everyone look awful
>>
The tekken cast was legitimately fun as fuck in 2D, but the game was fixed FAR too late for it to matter, and having half the cast mostly finished on disk (to the point where some light "hacking" to give them select portraits was all you need) is only excusable by the most blatant of drones. Plus >>342240541
it looked like oiled garbage.

It was actually a pretty damn fun game though after t updated, which is the fucked part.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.