[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Still no news about legacy servers ;_;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: WoWScrnShot_032716.jpg (189 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_032716.jpg
189 KB, 1366x768
>Still no news about legacy servers
;_;
>>
File: 1446637576640.jpg (144 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
1446637576640.jpg
144 KB, 850x850
It's abundantly clear Blizz is not going to release them before Legion.

However, whatever information has leaked out sounds kinda promising. It seems like Mark Kern and Nostalrius representatives have convinced Blizzard to scrap the "pristine servers" idea. The source code is most definitely there in the version control system. And while they recently claimed they had "lost the data", it seems like that was a lie as well (they have backups, just not in version control system: look at Mark Kern's Twitter, I'm not in mood for shifting through politics and WH40k model pictures to find the tweet).
>>
>>342225572
This.
If they are actually planning something you won't hear about it AT LEAST until a couple of months after Legion's release.
>>
meh, I think at most blizz will raise the level cap of the starter edition to lv60, which will cover 90% of the Nost playerbase, who are people that whine about Vanilla servers but really only want to play WoW for free.
>>
i mean isn't the obvious choice to announce them at blizzcon?

get all the retards hyped about it, "thank you based blizz", etc.
>>
File: 1370927609019.jpg (361 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1370927609019.jpg
361 KB, 1600x1200
You're never getting those fucking servers lol
>>
File: 1464308438980.jpg (85 KB, 600x669) Image search: [Google]
1464308438980.jpg
85 KB, 600x669
>>342226378
>this

Blizz have obviously asked Nost and Kern to keep it on the downlow until Blizzcon.

Blizzcon is the ideal time to annonce it seeing that they dont want legacy servers contending with the release of Legion.
>>
>>342224912
They will probably release it afther legion.
Now they are saying all sorts of excuses not to release legacy servers yet.
They want to milk everyones money first during legion.
>>
>>342226571
I remember seeing an edit of this pic and pissing myself from laughter, but I forgot what was it about
>>
I don't get where people get this idea that others played nostalrius only because it was free; vanilla and present day wow are entirely different games, it is entirely likely that people played nost because they actually enjoy vanilla
>>
File: UO.jpg (73 KB, 550x410) Image search: [Google]
UO.jpg
73 KB, 550x410
>this themepark MMO from 12 years ago WAS TOTALLY DIFFERENT from the 12 years of themepark MMOs that cloned it I SWEAR

Fucking nostalgiafags, go play LOTRO or Rift or something. Also don't give me that player interaction bullshit argument. Neither versions of World of Warcraft had anything close to meaningful player interaction or a sense of community.

Meanwhile in UO :^)
>>
>>342226181
thats not the same thing
>>
>he still thinks legacy servers will happen

They explained pretty clearly that it's too much work for something that won't pull enough people to make it worthwhile

>n-no they're lying! they've been secretly keeping the vanilla game updated on the servers so they can just turn it on
>they struck an agreement with the nost people and kern to keep all this a secret until Blizzcon
>>
>>342228534
You're absolutely right there is no chance that the older game will become more popular than the current. Just look at runescape it clearly proves that it will never happen in a million years.
>>
File: 1464335998340.png (571 KB, 600x669) Image search: [Google]
1464335998340.png
571 KB, 600x669
>>342226689
>>
>>342227506
>if you like vanilla you must be nostalgic
Ha, no.

I played on Nost having never played vanilla. Vanilla is in my view more enjoyable, and yes, it has a far better community because its gameplay mechanics promote communication more than modern WoW.
>>
>>342227373
Blizzcucks genuinely believe the current version of the game is the best its ever been and to even say you disagree or want to go back to run dungeons in their uncucked challenging form (see: Scholomance, UBRS/LBRS, SM, hell even Wailing Caverns) is impossible and its clearly because you cant afford to buy 3 WoW tokens a week, a lv100 booster for every character, and huffing cash shop mounts and pets daily.
>>
>>342229481
loving these memes
>>
>>342229843
Thanks man, i try. Please give credit if you save :^)
>>
>>342226181
I was playing on Nost and other private servers with an active subscription going. You're far off base with that assessment.
>>
>Chilton: In the past, there was no archiving of older data. So while we have the capability of doing that now, and in more recent years when we make changes we can ‘version’ the data, we didn’t have that back in 2004. And so as data changed, we effectively lost that stuff to history. And so we would have to go back and try to reverse-engineer it ourselves.
;_;
>>
>>342225572
They have the framework of old patches, pretty much the world itself, but the files for NPCs and items aren't there if I remember right. They'd have to remake everything to Pre-Cata, and alter the balancing back to before the stat squish along the way. They could do it, but doing so would pull numerous resources from the main team, and with the WoD flop they're not going to pull anything off of it for some time.
>>
How is kronos?
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 331x152) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 331x152
>>342234276
We're working on shutting it down.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.