[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a normal controller has a superior dpad >mouse/keyboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Steam_Controller-112-970-80.jpg (40 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Steam_Controller-112-970-80.jpg
40 KB, 970x545
>a normal controller has a superior dpad
>mouse/keyboard offers more accuracy
Is there a point in having this
>>
It's only useful for a few games, which means that the price will never be justified unless you mainly play these types of games.

It's amazing with the Civ games, but that's the only way I was able to enjoy it.
>>
>>342216634
no
>>
There isn't.
Just like SteamOS and Steam Machines.
>>
>>342216634
Yes, it's the on button for the steam link.
>>
>>342216974
but is it actually better than just playing them with mkb?
>>
>>342216634
The ability to play RTS, 4X, or city simulator games with a controller? To be honest, I think that's about it.
>>
>>342217280
Of course not you sillywilly.
>>
It's not too bad, but you need to spend time configuring it for pretty much every game you want to use it on, so it's not really worth it. If you're thinking of getting it to replace a normal controller, don't.
>>
>>342216634
it was designed for people couch-casuals, letting them play vidya while sitting on their couch and playing on their big screen tv.

even when i had perfect vision i found never sit in my couch, i would take a chair and sit infront of the tv and i always did this. if it ain't a meter infront of me, it's too far away and everything becomes too small.
>>
>>342217280
Well its a lot better if you plan on sitting on the couch or something. I've only used my steam controller for dark souls 3 so far
>>
>>342216634
>dpad
are you serious. Thats the least used feature on a controller. This controller is better than an xpad once you get used to it. But since games are made with xpads in mind theres no need to get used to it.
>>
>>342216634
>>a normal controller has a superior dpad
So you never tried the controller. Good to know.
>>
>>342217649
>>342218030
I like that d-pad when it's on the Vive controllers. Steam controller doesn't fully benefit from it.
>>
>>342216974
>It's only useful for a few games
Like any controller.
>>
File: 1346533206994.jpg (67 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1346533206994.jpg
67 KB, 429x410
>>342216634
I really liked the idea and concept of that controller.

Apparently it utterly failed to deliver an alternative to proper mouse & keyboard controls, especially for some more fast-paced RTS games. I can just use Unified Remote on my phone to play a casual round of Civ on the couch.

It just feels awkward all around.
>>
>>342216634
The only controller that lets you fluidly use your computer from the couch.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.