[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soooo Umbrella Corps is shit, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 221267.jpg (35 KB, 292x475) Image search: [Google]
221267.jpg
35 KB, 292x475
Soooo Umbrella Corps is shit, right?
>>
>>342215897
all they had to fucking do is make a killing floor clone with RE monsters.
but no they decided tactical pvp with horrible animations was more fit to the RE universe.
yes it is shit anon. literally operation raccoon city 2.
>>
File: 1466147065784.png (266 KB, 558x336) Image search: [Google]
1466147065784.png
266 KB, 558x336
>>342216916
>>
Kinda shit, but at the same time I like the fast pace of the action and the nostalgic feel of some of some of the stages
>>
Is it out? I'm interested to play it.
>>
>>342216916
they obviously had very low budget for this.
also it's not even out yet how can you say it's shit.
>>
It's less terrible than it seems

Animations are generally weak and it's just it's a pretty generic TPS, but it's...serviceable.
>>
I actually think the game could be fun.
It could turn into one of those things where once a week dudes will just make a thread and play.
>>
>>342219413
Atleast it's just 3v3

If this was designed around 8v8 it would be completey dead in the water.
>>
>>342219023
It's out.

And the dogs are fucking annoying.
>>
meme game to appeal to RE6 babies
>>
>>342218431
releases today (21.6.)
>>
>>342220104
all right might have to check this out then
>>
>>342215897
How are the RE novels? They seem like they'd be hard to track down.
>>
>>342222701
They're even worse than those '80s Gary Gygax novels.
>>
>>342220104
>>342222072

Damn right RE6 owns.

Considering this isn't made by the developer of either ORC or RE6 I doubt its very similar.
>>
>>342222754
>They're even worse than those '80s Gary Gygax novels.

Maaaaaan. That sounds awesome. I found reprints that were done after Remake. They redid the awesome goosebumpsish cover art with CGs of the characters. I might grab it for shits and giggles. It can sit up on the shelf with all my other shitty video game novels.

The doom ones are really good and I recommend them. Anyone have any other good recommendations of video game novelizations?
>>
>>342222923

I heard the Telltale Game of Thrones novelizations are pretty good. You should check them out.
>>
>>342222701

Mediocre. S.D. Perry had a weird obsession with Rebecca Chambers
>>
>>342222923
Those Words of Power ones from the late '80s are really funny, I've read the Ninja Gaiden and Metal Gear ones, both of which were highly amusing even to an 8 year old me.
>>
>>342222701
I have like 2 of them, the first two. The first one I think is pretty much the first game.
>>
>>342223068
SD Perry desperately wanted to be a cute, plucky scientific genius cop, didn't she?

Her original stories turn Rebecca into even more of a Mary Sue than she is in her novelizations of the games.
>>
>>342223085
I have all the Metal Gear novels. Benson's interpretation of Solid Snake as a wise cracking Bond type hero is endearing. He meticulously describes guard placements (almost exactly the same as the game) and how Snake moves through the areas to break their necks. It reads almost like a text LP of the first game.
The second novel is literally, word for word, the second game with almost no alterations or added quips. Raiden enters hanging mode (sic) to bypass a guard at one point.

MGS4 was written by Project Itoh who Kojima was friends with. He died before the release of Peace Walker and was attributed in the credits. It's incredibly boring and he took out all the beauty fights. Sunny fucks the black kid at the end of it and marries him -we will NEVER get an extended Universe MGS game where Sunny doesn't fuck a black kid. Goddammit!

>>342223085
I actually didn't know about the Worlds of Power novels. I wonder if Big Boss has a horn and a mechanical arm in the Metal Gear novel...

>>342223068
>>342223145
>>342223262
That's enough positivity for me. I'm gonna grab the first novel and see how it goes. I hope it's really bad.

>>342223054
Haha.
>>
>>342223575
He's not even "Big Boss" in the Words of Power novel, from memory his name is something like "Colonel McTaffy" or something. Also Solid Snake's real name is Justin Halley and he doesn't kill a single person in the whole book. Yeah.
>>
>>342223748
Way to kill my hype dead anon. If I ever see it in a used book store I'll pick it up for sure, but I'm not going to go out of my way for this one I think.

I just looked it up. They actually intended for it to be read by kids aged 9-12. What a funny time.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.