[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me your honest opinion of this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: 9TFrEgZ.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
9TFrEgZ.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Give me your honest opinion of this game
>>
File: franz-hoog.jpg (24 KB, 526x380) Image search: [Google]
franz-hoog.jpg
24 KB, 526x380
glorified borderlands clone
>>
Its pretty good
>>
>>342211935
How did you even come up with that shit?
>>
>>342211835
7/10, better than FO3 worse than FO:NV

Also better than Borderlands, but that's not an achievement at all.
>>
a shit
>>
I enjoyed it for about 40 hours. I never even touched the town building shit. As soon as i had the quest to build the radio tower i did it and instantly turned it off.
I'm from the area so it was cool seeing landmarks that I have actually been to so I spent most of my time doing that.
I also thought the character got too OP too quickly and once any of the combat wasn't challenging I lost interest.
>>
>>342211835
Story could have been better of course but it improved on other areas from previous 3d games
>>
>>342211835
good at first, too much padding and busy work made it boring way too fast
>>
>>342212151
>I also thought the character got too OP too quickly and once any of the combat wasn't challenging I lost interest
The game suffers from this even on Survival difficulty, altho town building is almost a requirement with the 80 day respawn timers of wildlife (which is insane imo, really takes away from the difficulty level when nothing ever respawns.)

The start is really challenging, but at some point you have several towns going, some decent income going, and then the survival aspect of survival difficulty (food, drink, disease, etc) just becomes a chore instead of a challenge.
>>
I completely agree with video related. Really gives an unbiased, detailed view into the pros and cons Fallout while touching on comparisons between the old games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcjpags7JT8
>>
GOTY

There is so much to do and the settlements are actually so much fun to level up and get more resources. Wish there were mods on console though :(
>>
really midcore. it disgust me they worked on the game right after fallout 3. new vegas forever.
>>
8/10

mods 9/10
>>
>>342211835
>Give me your honest opinion of this game

I think it has some good looking parts to it but I won't buy it until it goes down to $5.00 in a Steam sale because I know that there will be borken quests, crashes to desktop, freezes and corrupted save files and I'm not paying anywhere near full price for that shit.
>>
Exploran was fun.
BUT:
Doesn't really qualify as RPG anymore
Shit no-choice dialogues
Shit story
Bad weapon variety (lolol enegery pistols=energy guns, hardly any unique-model weapons)
NvidiaGimpworks
>>
>>342212647
>>
>>342211835
Worse than fo3 and nv, the initial experience looks really good, excellent world design and graphics are nice but they butchered quests, AI is much more simplistic, far less interesting rpg elements, awful gunplay with less weapons and a focus on the ugly/useless pipe weapons and far too easy.

It doesn't take long even on survival to have 999 bullets for all your weapons, a shit load of power suits and cores and then just become a general God of death which isn't really that fun

Also Base building was completely pointless to do.
>>
I like it. It was a fun ride all the way through.
Spent a good ~110 hours on it for my first playthrough so at very least, got my money's worth out of it.
>>
>>342212824
CTDs aren't that bad actually, way better than Skyrim. I don't have many mods active but, what, it crashed like once in a 50hr playthrough?
>>
I wish settlements actually mattered and did something in the game.

Once you get them up and running, you just show up once a month to grab some gear, or help them when they get attacked.

Apart from that they do fucking nothing. Its really too bad that they didnt do some kind of system where enemy settlements grow bigger and more powerful as the game progresses, and they do big raids on your settlements for stuff and can actually destroy stuff you built. And then you can throw together your own team of NPCs from your settlement to go and raid enemy settlements to get loot and equipment.
>>
After finishing it and getting every achievement in the Main game i can say:

Its a good game overall looking at every released game, but a medicore Open World game and looks bad in comparison to great games like Witcher 3 or MGS V.

The first thig you see, when starting the game : Outdated graphics, horrible walking and mimic animations. I will never understand why anybody would use such an outdated engine in the year 2015.
Every human walks the same and rather than walking like actual humans they tned to hover over the ground.
The shitty dialogue wheel is offensive for every RPG fan, i mean 4 otions described wth max 4 words?
Seriously who thought this would be a good idea?
And why the fuck are 3/4 of the options just yes and 1 is No?
Thats stupid.
The glorified home building part is good if you look at it from the standpoint in a open world RPG but bad in comparison with true building games.

The quests are boring as fuck, there isnt one memorible charcter in the game, the story is so fucking retarded it hurts to watch how the entire plot evolves around some mom/dad trying to rescue their son.

Every faction in the game is inconsistant in their ways to reach their goal.

>Lets destroy the BoS and the Institute so we can save the Synths" Where does this make sense?
>Lets destroy the Railroad and lets kill everybody in the Institute rather than taking the Institute to get all the technology they have

Why are settlers 100 meters away from a Supermutant headquarter? How does this even work
Why do i find bottlecaps in safes that were there for 200 years?
Why do i find the shitty guns in safes that were sealed for 200 years?

Why is the world still grey and brown after 200 years of nearly no human interaction?

Why would, after 200 years, nobody start cleaning up everything in this world?
Harvest bricks, steel etc from the thousands cars and homes ?
>>
>>342212593
>95% of the comments
>it just works
>see that <thing> you can <bethesda promise> it
>todd howard
>bethesda in a nutshell
>over 200 endings
had to laugh
>>
>>342211835

Gunplay was better than Fo3 and NV but I felt that melee was less fun (at least without plenty of perks). I hated having random raiders block my fucking super sledge with nothing but a switchblade.

Loved the settlement building (despite the wonkyness of actually building something) but hated the fucking minutemen quests that had to deal with them. Haven't done minutemen at all since my first playthrough.
>Build a settlement with turrets and guns out the ass.
>Give every settler great weapons and decent armor
>"Got another mission for you General"
>He wants me to defend the settlement with defense out the ass
>If I don't at least show up then the settlement will just be up and ransacked
>They'll leave the minutemen and all the shit I built will end up broken

What is the point of defenses if a settlement won't defend itself without my intervention? The mission should only trigger if a threat would be greater than the defenses I set up. I wouldn't mind defending settlements if they were being attacked by a pack of deathclaws or a swarm of mirelurks with a queen at the front.
All in all it felt, I dunno, unfinished. A decent base game with really, really rough edges. Most fun I've had was doing a pipe weapons only run.
>>
File: 1464811345665.jpg (131 KB, 1023x768) Image search: [Google]
1464811345665.jpg
131 KB, 1023x768
>>342213081
> todd admitted at E3 the dialogue was terrible
Not to mention that the factions storylines were fucking terrible with the brotherhood story being the worst.
>says all fucking game that they secure technology to keep it out of dangerous hands and to use it to help themselves
>lol lets blow up the institute instead of capturing it and using the vast amount of technology
>>
>>342211835
It's only fun if you like Bethesda games but even then it's their worst game and a 5/10.

Season pass price is ridiculous with basically no content.
>>
File: 1464680051798.png (795 KB, 830x770) Image search: [Google]
1464680051798.png
795 KB, 830x770
>>342213958
> 50$ for 2 dlcs with actual content
> the rest being settlement shit that modders have already done and the last dlc amusement park being made by somebody else already for free
>>
>>342211835
>great game
>is no longer a rpg
>good gameplay
>amazing world
>garbage quests
>garbage writing
>garbage dialogue
>piper is a 10/10 follower
>mods will make it really good

Played it for 140h the first 2 weeks, will play the dlc soon
>>
>>342213828
>lol lets blow up the institute instead of capturing it and using the vast amount of technology

But anon, explosions are AWESOME. Don't you want to fuck some shit up?
>>
File: TWaAsAO.jpg (14 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
TWaAsAO.jpg
14 KB, 316x202
>>342211835
I'm not afraid to say this was a good game. I enjoyed it and put 90 hours into it.

But I just got to a point where I couldn't deal with the fact that Beth tried so hard to appeal to a broader audience with this. From the marketing to the changes to the game itself, and its insane popularity, I just couldn't bring myself to want to play it more.

Maybe the /v/ mentality has gotten to me. Maybe I just got bored.
>>
I regret every hour I've played in it.

Here's to 100 more.
>>
>>342214351
reee normies
>>
>>342211835
Kinda crap. I liked hunting rare monsters though.
>>
Good stat-based open-world action game. Terrible RPG.
>>
Everyone told me that I should play Far Harbour but nobody mentioned the sub 20fps on PS4.

This generation is embarrassing.
>>
File: pete_hines_01.jpg (59 KB, 450x577) Image search: [Google]
pete_hines_01.jpg
59 KB, 450x577
>>342214253
It's more fun to blow up the brotherhood's air blimp if anything. And even more complete fuck ups with the brotherhood.
> danse who was a loyal member of the brotherhood his entire life and would die for them finds out he's a synth
> even after being found explains to maxson that this entire time he thought he was human and wanted to return to them
> had never given info or anything that the institute could use against the brotherhood
> YOU'RE AN ABOMINATION!
the best part about them hating synths is that the third generation ones are completely human save for a fucking metal chip in the back of their heads.
>>
>>342214521
>nobody mentioned the sub 20fps on PS4.
Perhaps because nobody plays a Bethesda game on a console? Consoles are for exclusives.
>>
>>342214439
You're not wrong.

I'm not proud of feeling this way, but it just got to me this time.
>>
I'm playing it with a modded survival mode, for quicksaves, because I have a life and can't always find a bed

This game felt very bland and after the first playthrough I didn't feel like replaying it, because it was kinda boring, but Survival mode makes it much better, I find myself actually giving thought into what perks I choose
>>
>>342214540

What a retarded quest:
>Find Danse
>Say i will not kill him
>Go out
>Somehow Maxson knows where i am
>Goes apeshit because HURR SYNTHS

Bethesda tried to be deep and failed in every attempt

I wish there was a chance not to get the same endig for all the factions, its stupid to kill the Institute or Bos or Railrod and not convince them somehow with words.
>>
Gunplay is a step up from previous fallout games.

Everything else is 3 or 4 steps backwards.

It's all been said a million time by now so I wont go into detail.
>>
>>342213828

But if the brotherhood gets the institute tech then they would become a superpower. I imagine they would use it in a much, much less retarded way than the Institute shits. Like seriously, The institute is capable of literally making living, breathing humans from scratch. They can genetically alter shit to be radiation immune, super strong, hyper intelligent, etc... But no, they just sit in a hole and have their meat puppets fuck with the poor, diseased survivors on the surface. They literally don't have an end game, no goal. The Brotherhood would probably rule the entire eastern U.S. with a fucking iron fist. They would build cities and warmachines with an endless workforce of even Gen1 synths. Clear the wastes of mutants and irradiated monsters alike.

That would change the Brotherhood's standing in any future games they would make. Can't have that now, changing the status quo of a profitable I.P.? That's risky, that takes effort.
>>
File: 1430300360397.jpg (41 KB, 555x800) Image search: [Google]
1430300360397.jpg
41 KB, 555x800
People praise Far Harbor because its a step in the right direction but it's still shitty poorly written Betheshit "ON A NEW ISLAND"

Game was fun, not nearly as fun as literally any other Fallout game or Elder Scrolls for that matter.

They took some liberties to try new things, I just hope they learned. Pic related to trigger /v/irgins
>>
>>342214176
This is pretty much how I feel about it. Except you misspelled Currie.

I did the same thing though, played 160 some odd hours when it first came out, and then just stopped all together. I only just started a new game a few days ago, but this time with a ton of mods. I'm sucked in all over again.

Basically what I'm saying is that despite its many, many flaws, and shortcomings, I'm still getting a ton of entertainment out of it.
>>
>>342211835
Good, but not great. I had fun with it for the first 20 hours or so, but once I've seen most of the cool side-quests the rest weren't that interesting. Still a whole bunch of shit I could do, but I'm waiting 'til the last of the DLCs come out (I bought the season pass when I was still in the "this is super fun" phase) before I touch it again. Gonna knock out Far Harbour and Nuka World, then probably put it away for good. I'm not seeing any reason to play through again, all the factions were kinda samey and I hated the ones I didn't side with enough that I'm not interested in seeing the 'conflict' from their side.
>>
File: 1332711075517.gif (965 KB, 252x191) Image search: [Google]
1332711075517.gif
965 KB, 252x191
On an unrelated topic, does anyone know what program people use as a replacement for the geck? I want to edit values but I don't want to make a beth account just to be able to use the geck.
>>
Dialog and story are obviously a step down but I never really cared that much.

Something was really off about the gunplay in FO3 and NV for me and I just couldn't get into it no matter how much I tried as a result. Conversely 4 feels much more solid and the gunplay is tighter and I actually enjoy the basic gameplay so I'll take the downgrades in quests and lore for a game I actually enjoy playing.
I realize this is probably pleb-tier taste but I don't really care anymore
>>
>>342214139
workshop shit is pretty mediocre overrall but Automatron and Far Harbor were great, Nuka World has a lot of potential on it's setting alone but i dont think Beth will make the most out of it, still looking forward to it.
>>
The dialogue changes were the absolute worst. Hearing "AHH, SWEET!" everytime I pick a lock or just hearing the awful delivery on most lines completely kills it for me.

I also hate how unique weapons and armor were thrown out for the legendary system of RNG.

Quests were pretty unmemorable too.

Apart from that it's still better than FO3, not as good as New Vegas though.
>>
File: 1436748015716.png (150 KB, 298x352) Image search: [Google]
1436748015716.png
150 KB, 298x352
At least they tried, they could have sat down and made a rehash of Fallout 3 easy peasy but they sat down and said "What can we do to innovate?"

Shame the only ideas they came up with in that process was town building and a dialogue wheel.
>>
>>342214521
Far Harbor has been fixed on PS4, it even runs better than the One version.
>>
>>342214764
This picture summarizes my feelings for Bloodborne and also why I will never get to play it.
>>
It's a mediocre shooter with perks and loot with a Fallout aesthetic. It's a spin-off, not a proper Fallout game.
>>
File: 1466339714978.png (735 KB, 844x633) Image search: [Google]
1466339714978.png
735 KB, 844x633
>>342214692
The only part I agree with them on is that synths who replaced humans or are an actual threat to humans should be purged but the ones like say far habor who just want to be fucking free and live have done literally nothing.
The best part is maxson's reasoning for purging them
> they weren't born they are just machines and have no emotions!
> what is the human brain
> implying curie or nick or danse don't feel emotion and don't deserve to live
>>
File: 54d456adg.jpg (110 KB, 337x337) Image search: [Google]
54d456adg.jpg
110 KB, 337x337
>>342211835
Framedrops.
Horrific optimization.
Looks worse than games released half a decade earlier.

But wait now, you wanted opinions and all I posted were FACTS.
>>
Better than fallout 3.
>>
File: FO4 Review Summary.png (1005 KB, 1279x675) Image search: [Google]
FO4 Review Summary.png
1005 KB, 1279x675
>>342212007

With what? It literally is Borderlands, right down to Legendaries.
>>
>>342214940
Literally started playing it last night and it completely chokes once you start walking around in the mist. It's noticeably different from the main game.
>>
>>342214867
Only thing they tried doing was finding new ways to dumb shit down. Just a reminder Todd Howard won lifetime achievement award after Fallout 4.
>>
It was so shit I dropped it after 20 hours. Didn't even complete the main questline, a first for Bethesda games.
>>
>Some bald nigger murders my spouse and steals my son
>Kill the bald nigger
>Find my son
>My son is alive and well
>Oh okay
>Why do I care about the power struggle in the Commonwealth again
And then I stopped playing entirely because all of the factions are kind of retarded and I never cared about the power struggle in the first place.
>>
File: 1455907298710.png (500 KB, 1000x900) Image search: [Google]
1455907298710.png
500 KB, 1000x900
>>342211835
it scratches my base building itch left empty from the fall of City of Heroes.

But even as my first fallout game I can tell it's a terrible fallout game.

That's how bad it is.
>>
>>342215220
>my first fallout game
How old are you?
>>
File: CFe03fyWMAI31IZ.jpg (26 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
CFe03fyWMAI31IZ.jpg
26 KB, 500x303
>>342215106
You can't help but what wonder the FUCK does Bethesda with their development time. I mean, their games are never cutting edge in any department, they've been recycling the same engine since Morrowind and their formula has remained consistently the same. Are they just lazy and take forever doing what other studios do in shorter amount of time?
>>
>>342215139
I agree with this.
>>
>>342214439
>>>/reddit/
>>
The dialogue wheel was the worst
>yes
>yes
>sarcastic yes
>no (yes)
>>
>>342211835
I really wanted to like this game, but frankly, it had too much wrong with it. Was a massive disappointment that felt like it was retreading the previous game but worse in many elements.

That said, while it had a lot of issues, it isn't completely terrible, just kind of a step down in terms of quality.
>>
>>342215337
fuck off you pseudo-intellectual cunt
>>
Will elder scrolls VI have a fully voiced main character? Or will Todd see sense?

I've always felt like Bethesda put more effort into elderscrolls than fallout, but if they drop the system then they're acknowledging that they fucked up.
>>
It's an alright fps, but a shit fallout game. No replayability since all the diologue means fuckall and choices are meaningless. Compare that to fallout nv where you can always do things differently. Hell, even skyrim did a much better job. The only thing i like to do in this game is explore the world.
>>
>>342211835
Boring.
Repetetiv.
Breaks with tradition.

It has some good design ideas.
Power armor.
The travel by virty bird.
The building of your safe space. Aka your own fort.
>>
>>342211835
Visually was good side quests were okay. Everything else was terrible.

Terrible story. Factions were largely uninteresting. Combat was too easy if you used guns, and retardedly hard if you went melee. Too many perks required you to use VATs to get a benefit. Settlements are a joke and felt like something an intern half assed.
>>
>base building is completely irrelevant
>the building aspect is stupid since there's no connector points to snap your things or a grid or birds eye view to help you with placing shit, you have to do it first person
>finally manage to get your wall surrounding the entire compound with a heavily fortified entrance with spotlights and turrets and shit
>settlement comes under attack
>your walls and turret don't actually do anything unless you go to the place
>if you don't the super mutant bandit ghoul raiders will somehow have gotten past all your shit and killed everyone
>>
Absolute trash.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is cancer.
>>
>>342211835
Shit.
>>
>>342215494
this.

i really liked the new power armor system. its very powerful but also a finite resource. wish power cores were more scarce so you would need to strategically use your power armor for very hard missions only etc.
>>
>>342215440
after what he said at E3 it seems he realizes that the voiced main character and dialogue wheel were a terrible idea so lets hope.
>>
Honestly my favorite Fallout game.
>>
>>342215406
Who pissed in your cereal this morning?
>>
>>342215248
Old enough to have actually been hyped for the first Fallout but been too poorfag to buy it. I kind of forgot about the series honestly until around New Vegas.

There's just always other games to play for me and eventually... Here I am: Fallout 4 became my first damn Fallout game when, if I had been willing to cooperate with my brother instead of massive resentment for smashing my face in with Optimus Prime because we didn't have any Decepticon toys, we could have player Fallout 1 when it was hot off the presses.
>>
>>342215254
They've probably got a very fucked up marketing/development budget.
Publishers who refuses to let them use a new engine since their games sell anyway.
An overly enthusiastic lead developer who can't keep his mouth shut.
>>
Takes some steps forward some back and makes some weird ass design choices
>>
>>342215617
The problem is, like you said, power cores weren't really scarce at all, and it's more lore breaking stuff since they were supposed to be things that provide 500 years of power.
>>
>>342215739
Your brother seems like a cool guy
>>
>>342215776
>supposed to last for centuries
>you can burn it out in a matter of minutes just by sprinting
>>
>>342211835
Honestly, I really liked this game: good shooting, good setting, good quests.
Even the crafting and building, which usually doesn't belong in a fallout game, was implemented perfectly.
Lately, I've been playing the new dlc and I can say that they really raised the bar with this one.
Preordered the next dlcs, literally cant wait to play them

Maybe I'll even buy a copy of the new skyrim remaster, looks really good.
Especially the new dynamic godrays and volumetric lighting.
>>
Its kinda fun when you look as it as a loot n shoot game but it's terrible if you look at it as a fallout game or an RPG.
Settlements are kinda fun but require mods to not be aggressively terrible.
Wait like 3 years for it to be an enjoyable survival game with fun base building.
>>
>>342215890
Hi Todd.
>>
>>342215890
You just want people to accuse you of being Todd, but you're lies aren't on his level.
>>
Literally falloyt 3 feels like it eas made on 6 months
>>
Its dead ass better than witcher 3
>>
>>342215949
>>342215951
Poor guys, you just don't understand how good this game is.
Like honestly, I've been playing for 500 hours and I still haven't experienced all the content.
Each settlement I built in the game came to life, and I'm now running multiple trading routes between them, the new merchants items are totally worth it
Anything you might want to do in this game, you can do it, no doubt about it.
See that raider camp? you can kill them all
Even that supermarket full of ghouls: yes, you can go in and exterminate every single one of them
>>
>>342215860
And then they add a fusion core reactor that produces 100 power and never runs out.

GG Bethesda.
>>
Great and fun game with a lot of variety, quests, characters, weapons, and much. Best RPG Bethesda has made to date.

Except that it's also the shallowest game they have made to date. Past games have had a lot of repeated content to pad out their length. Procedural quests, copy spammed NPCs, redundant quests, etc. Fallout 4 has little padding which can be seen as a positive or negative. I think it's both but the clear negative comes from the lack of approaching things in new ways.

Lets say, you clear one area in skyrim. Now you can reroll a class and play that other part you avoided or missed. In Fallout 4, you can reroll but you must play the same way, doing the same things, in the same places that you already have.

Fallout 4 is still worth a play through and is enjoyable enough to keep your attention since the shallow content will still take upwards of 60hrs.

- 8/10

So says I, so say we all.
>>
is skyrim 2 going to be anything new or is it just being ported to the new engine so it can run mods on console?
>>
>>342216147
*For settlements I should add
>>
>>342211835
Ultimately boring, and the forced story just kicks it down some more.
>>
>>342215139
Calling it a 1/5 game is being unrealistically harsh / unobjective.
>>
File: 1353088488509.gif (1 MB, 266x268) Image search: [Google]
1353088488509.gif
1 MB, 266x268
>>342216237
>Ultimately boring, and the forced story just kicks it down some more.

>Bethesda game
>Plays for the story
>>
>>342216160
>Fallout 4 doesn't have padding
>Every faction has their own randomly generated quests that are nothing more than padding.

Another settlement needs your help general :^)
>>
>>342215139
Where's that image from? Are there any videos that go in-depth why F4 analysis?
>>
Fallout 4 was so shitty as to retroactively taint my intense love for new vegas.

Everything it does it does badly.
Shitty fps
Shitty base builder
Shitty tower defense
Shitty rpg

Not even the mods are enough to make this game fun for me. Fuck it right in ita gay ass.

Thinking about getting witcher 3. They say it's worth the price. Is this true /v/?
>>
4 out of 10. It works but it's not good. They cut too many features.
>>
>>342211835
I love it. GOTY. Looking forward to making my own vault with the DLC.

Not as RPG-y as New Vegas and I there isn't as much to do post story.
Also there weren't a lot of vaults to explore which is a shame because that's the best part of any Fallout game.
>>
>>342216419
There is like a literally hour+ long video on FO3 and I believe FO4 now too.

Some fairly major inaccuracies in them, though.

Plus the obvious autism that comes with an hour long review of a video game
>>
>>342211835
Its alright.
Not good.
Not bad.
Just alright.
>>
>>342216375
Sadly it's become more and more apparent with time that Morrowind was Bethesda's black sheep when stars aligned just right. Every game since has been a joke in story department.
>>
File: not tod.png (143 KB, 398x384) Image search: [Google]
not tod.png
143 KB, 398x384
>>342216204
they'll upgrade their current engine again ensuring it runs as smooth and best as possible for xbox 1 pc and ps4 along with this they will be adding VR first person combat.
>>
>>342216428
I loved W3 to death. But I'm a storyfag.
It is 50% off on GOG at the moment.
>>
>>342216419
>video

No, but you can check out Codex review. It rustled a lot of jimmies apparently.
>>
>>342216569
Fak. Am on a trip out of state. 50% sounds good nuff. How long will i have before i must sacrifice more shekels?
>>
>>342216540
Thanks Mr. Smith.
>>
>>342216607
>Gives a moronic score
>Wonder why it upset people
>>
>>342216428
witcher 3 is not competing with fallout 4 in a sense that it's set up in entirely different way - fallout 4 is about the world and dicking around in it, witcher 3 is about the story and world is just a backdrop.
>>
Meh/10
>>
File: 1308591807468.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1308591807468.jpg
133 KB, 1920x1080
>>342216381
>Another settlement needs your help general

I never thought of those as padding since you can do them at your leisure and the game is upfront about it. You're confused here son. Padding is unnecessary because there wasn't enough content for the player to explore, play or beat.

What you pointed out was side quests. Things which aren't tied to the main story, which aren't urgent nor forced unto you.

I think this might be an age problem and that you're too young to remember what real padding is and that I'm too old and do. When games used to have copy pasta levels and enemies with different color tones in the nes/snes era, that was padding.

I don't think I should be mad at you for being too young to remember what words used to mean when they were invented and not what they have been twisted to mean today.
>>
>>342216686
Idgaf i just want fun.
>>
>>342216659
Only thing TW3 has going for it IS the story.

If you're complaining about FO4's combat, you're not going to like repetitive button mashing witcher simulator either
>>
File: Michael_Kirkbride.jpg (7 KB, 245x163) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Kirkbride.jpg
7 KB, 245x163
>>342216537
>>
File: TES_vivec.jpg (9 KB, 198x200) Image search: [Google]
TES_vivec.jpg
9 KB, 198x200
>>342216537
Morrowind is the only - and I literally mean the only - game that I can think of which has a fantasy world that feels like it could be a real place. It seems to make sense and be consistent.

Why do I claim that? Multiple reasons:
>Several religions
>Several political factions
>Political invaders/conquerers
>Racism
>Foreigners and natives clashing
>False information
>People lying, people thinking they're right when they're not
>You actually have to make some decisions and can be the king of everything
>People seem to have ambitions

I mean, the game has flaws, sure, but Morrowind as a world in a game is the best and most coherent fantastical place in videogames I can think of.
>>
>>342216771
I'll take 1 good thing and 1 shitty thing over 4 shitty things thanks. Lol
>>
>>342216659
It don't say, but I doubt it's very long.
Can't you just buy it through your phone?
>>
>>342216854
Had you read my post, you might have noticed I said "only" good thing.

But sure, whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>342216672
I was under the impression Codex doesn't score games, they just go into long winded rants.
>>
>>342211835
It's okay not as good as new vegas
>>
>>342216963
Oh, I assumed that was where the image of the 1/5 score was from.
>>
The building triggers me because first of all
the space is limited and makes putting a wall difficult, some of the shit you should be able to scrap like some trees, broken walls, buildings and stuff can't be which is weird and you can't repair stuff like houses or get rid of them
and there is no option to fix object hovering and connecting is shit has too many limits and whole bunch of other shit but at least mods exists
>>
>>342211835
Blows nuts

0 roleplaying
0 choice
Perks are dull
base building is dull
sound is bad
music is from a very small library
IT USES THE CREATION ENGINE

I'd probably give it a 5/10
>>
File: 1453603962482.jpg (525 KB, 806x952) Image search: [Google]
1453603962482.jpg
525 KB, 806x952
Honestly, if I just think of it as a spin off fallout game, its ok. Its kinda fun to just casually run around exploring new places and shooting things. That said, fuck settlement bullshit and fuck the fact that half of the dlc from the season pass is only settlement and workshop shit that almost nobody cares about. Far harbor was nice (not really 30 euro nice but still nice) but the fact that we will only get one more big story dlc makes me feel ripped off,even if I did buy the season pass at 20ish euro.
>>
>>342216419

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp61CWg8XY0
>>
File: 1333821362638.jpg (9 KB, 288x268) Image search: [Google]
1333821362638.jpg
9 KB, 288x268
>>342216840
>People lying, people thinking they're right when they're not

Those are the best. When people truly believe what they say but you know human nature better and see it for lies.

>I can stop doing drugs
>I'm going to college
>I'll keep my promise
>I can pay back that loan
>I know my drinking limit (personal favorite)

When you kids reach the world of adults, you'll start to see it too. Witcher 3 is still the best game of this decade, so far.
>>
>>342216516

>lengthy in-depth reviews are now autism

go back to your angry joe faggot
>>
>>342211835
Boring.
>>
>>342217365
>2 fucking hours

I have never watched this, and I doubt I ever will.
However, I would be willing to bet a large sum of money he repeats himself multiple times, says stupid shit, and strays from what you could consider a "review" fairly heavily.

This is coming from someone that thought the game was okayish, by the way. These reviews are just fucking awful.

>>342217436
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>342211835
I enjoyed playing it, but I really wish it didn't get the Skyrim treatment. It's too simple. RPGs should have more depth to them.
>>
>>342217365
Thanks mate.

>two hours
Not like I wanted to watch a tonight or anything.
>>
>>342211835
I don't give a shit about the massive hype it got or all the contrarian shitstorms it raised, the game is fun as hell and that's all that matters.
Plus, games with many modding options and opportunities are always welcome, even if they're not that great on their own.
>>
>>342215203
this, everything was so messy in terms of building a story for your character.

the fact they're only just allowing you to become a (dumbed down) raider in the last DLC shows this, they fucked any kind of clean roleplay up so badly.
>>
haven't played any fallout, not interested
>>
>oversell settlement building
>it's a broken piece of shit extremely limited feature
>they sell already existing vanilla in game props as DLC

kek
>>
>>342211835
Pretty great game would recommend buying it at full price and also buy the season pass
>>
>>342217486
I think you're probably looking in the wrong place for depth in Beth games since 2006.

I'm not sure why people expect it to become more RPG and less action-y when thats the opposite of whats been happening for years.
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 720x405
>>342217298
especially when the last DLC is an empty amusement park

>look at this shit
>>
>>342216331
>Thread about honest opinions
>your opinion is to harsh
>honest opinions
>opinioms
>>
>>342217852
Its not a 1/5 game, though. Objectively.

1-5 scale is stupid anyway because its too limiting, but even if you take all the "Its no longer an RPG" stuff as true, its not a 2/10 shooter.
>>
>>342217759
The amusment park is just a cover up for a enclave anti balstic missel base.

Hence the reason boston did not get totaly glassed.

You bill drving underground in a HUGE enclave base.

You gain entry because of being in the us military. 200 years ago.

Enclave takes a vet willingly in to bolster its ranks.

You promoted to sargent. You get your own squat. Your mission. Raid vilages for supplys. Keep up the cover.....

>One can dream
>>
>>342211835
shit graphics, boring, stale, uncreative
>>
File: 20160406081654_1.jpg (290 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160406081654_1.jpg
290 KB, 1920x1080
Great mods.

Shit story.

Decent game.
>>
>>342217298

On PC, all the DLC is free.
>>
>>342217474

He actually never repeats himself. He goes from story/lore to poor gun customisation and shitty ammo distribution. He touches on everything.
>>
File: 1466190323404.jpg (2 MB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
1466190323404.jpg
2 MB, 3000x1688
>>342211835
I liked it, but it falls short in so many categories.

+Power Armor is the best it's ever been, fusion cores aside
+Shootan is improved
+Companions mostly New Vegas quality

But then there's some puzzling bad decisions.

-HATE NEWSPAPER dialogue system, serves nothing but to dumb conversations down and treat the player like an idiot.
-A low pool of weapon variety, even with modding and creation. Unique 'Legendary' weapons have no personality and sometimes break logic and reason.
-Typical Bethesda tier writing.

I'm not even going to touch on Settlement stuff, but I'm annoyed we got three DLCs of that instead of some GRA type stuff.
>>
>>342217912
>objectively not a 1/5
How many time must this be told to you, it's not objectively anything. If someone thinks it's a 1/5 then it's a fucking 1/5. Can we please stop with the objective shit.
>>
File: 2015-11-25_00002.jpg (319 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-25_00002.jpg
319 KB, 1920x1080
>>342214403
>tfw
>>
>>342218198
Well, thats better than the hour+ FO3 review I saw so all credit to him.

Still 2 hours long though, so I probably won't watch it. I don't think it really takes that long to say everything.

>>342218218
Nah.
>>
>>342218218
Its a review.

In a review, you're meant to be objective. Thats the entire fucking premise, you cretin.

Might seem wierd to you, but there was a time when a "review" wasn't just "my hot opinions for 15 minutes lol"
>>
>>342211835
A game you play once and forget.
>>
>>342218370
But a review about something subjective can't be objective.
>>
>>342211835
Eh. It's playable and I've enjoyed it. But it's pretty boring. It's the same in Skyrim in the sense of, after 5-10 hours you have experienced everything the game has to offer and from that point everything you do will just feel bothersome.

>oh, another damn building filled with Super Mutants to clear out
>oh, another badly written quest that drags on for to long
>oh, another damn building filled with Raiders to clear out

And so on. The actual interesting content is so spaced out by just buildings with the same enemies over and over again it doesn't really feel worth it. Sort of like Skyrim and Draugr caves.
>>
File: 1453132867825.jpg (50 KB, 273x272) Image search: [Google]
1453132867825.jpg
50 KB, 273x272
I think playing it is actually pretty fun, the story and characters are bad for the most part though and the perk system is shit.
>>
File: 1449511831074.gif (432 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
1449511831074.gif
432 KB, 500x394
>>342218531
Fuck me, yes it can.

For the same reason art and food have critics.
>>
>>342211835
It was ok, but I couldn't even bring myself to finish the story. It was so pants on head retarded that I no amount of convincing myself to finish it could make me.
>>
>>342215406
Woah are you okay? Smoke some weed dude and chill
>>
>>342211835
It was alright. I felt that it kept me going enough to justify the price, but I have no desire to play it again.
>>
>>342217474
he dose repeats himself a little but brings out many good points and reference the older games alot.
>>
>>342211835
After 1 playthrough there is really no point in playing it again. It has no replayability.
>>
File: Clensing intensifies.jpg (346 KB, 1056x776) Image search: [Google]
Clensing intensifies.jpg
346 KB, 1056x776
>>342218229
Dan knew it has to be like this.
RIPerino Broman.
>>
>>342217365
>not posting the better review

its also 30 min shorter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A34poZ6paGs
>>
>>342216134
How old are you btw? It's time to come clean
>>
>>342218531

you are one dense retard
>>
>>342211835
Fallout 4 is not an RPG.
>>
>>342211835
Good for a run, but i can't seem to replay it again like 3 and NV.
>>
>>342218207
What I dislike is how the new mechanics makes a lot of the aspects they copied over from F3 not work.

Power Armor is really sweet in F4 but you never really have to use it because you don't take as much damage since now you can actually shoot stuff and now like 50% of all perks are useless since manually shooting shit is now an option and that makes VATS totally fucking useless.

Now getting money is piss easy since you can just easily exploit a settlement and you never need to repair or replace your weapons and armor and so on.

That and the dialog system is just straight up broken. It's so bad it makes me miss the system in Oblivion.
>>
>>342219110

>hasn't played 1 or 2
>thinks it's a decent game

eh
>>
took me 118 hours to realize that Fallout franchise is dead and its no longer fallout world.

Most time I spent on the settlements to find out its pointless, I kinda hoped to see unique ending as minutemen general or even "NCR2" ending.

Its a typical time waster, launch game go here do this and log out.
>>
>>342211835
Makes some steps forward from Fallout 3 but absolutely cripples itself in a few key areas.

7/10 it's an alright game if you're just playing to have fun shooting stuff. Less fun if you were looking for a deep role playing experience.
>>
not enough quests, just a big empty world
overall its alright i guess
>>
>>342214139
this is why i didn't bought dlc and won't buy Nuka world when Trainwiz is already making something that will be miles better
>>
Its a normie game.
It really is
>>
>>342218598
A review about art is still subjective since two people can't possibly have the exact same opinions about a subject that is based in personal taste. However if it's a proper critic he'll try to be objective and will explain his opinions.

Also, part of an artwork (like craftsmanship) can (sort of) be objectively judged. But that is often moot when it comes to more conceptual-based art with less of a base in objective skill.
>>
File: 1347326755774s.jpg (2 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
1347326755774s.jpg
2 KB, 125x93
>Poor story
>Poor RPG elements
>Not gritty enough
>Just simplified the series, tacked on popular mods for NV and called it a day
Haven't even finished my first playthrough yet. I'll have to go back and start a new save since it bugged to hell.

6.5/10 expecting 8/10 with mods.
>>
>>342211835
Fun action game but dog shit rpg.
>>
>>342211835
the settlements were bothersome and seriously triggered my ocd tendencies. the main quest was unbelievably mediocre and ultimately what caused me to stop playing. everything felt like a big unorganised clusterfuck, even more so than the previous iterations. the most fun i had was playing on the hardest difficulty with a sniper and that demon machete which cause me to stick to the rooftops whenever possible. i had some genuinely interesting and immersive experiences up there. there was good scenery, occasionally loot, a few skeletons and even a handful of raider bases. i managed to find my own little niche way of enjoying the game but admittedly it took a fair bit of effort and i had to fight the experience the game intended for me at every turn until eventually it just became tiresome. the highways were also enjoyable for a while and had me fantasising about a fallout/gta hybrid where you run rampant in a thriving city full of splicer-like civilians, hijacking hover-bikes on the highway and committing espionage for the red-chinese.
>>
>>342211835
It's fun but very flawed.
>>
>>342214847
Even as a shooter, it's extremely lacking, only this time it has nothing to compensate with unlike FO3 and NV
>>
>>342211835
Blows it's load in the first five minutes leaving you nothing to play for if you played the last game, considering how bad dialog and the players choices are
>>
>>342219936
People even use the Power Armor?

I pretty much just park it in Sanctuary and never touch it again.
>>
>>342214789
FO4Edit
>>
>>342219137
Think you can just prove your point by insulting, huh?
Or maybe you're just projecting, and you're the underage here
Damn, talking with you people is really unnerving sometimes
Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about here, you know it very well.

Go away with your stupid attitude, seriously
Or at least don't pretend that you know what the good games are, I bet you're one of those obsidrones that prefer new vegas
Time to leave 4chan for now, isn't it time for bed kiddo?

Meanwhile, I'll go enjoy some more fallout 4
Excuse me.
>>
>>342213081
This for the most part. It lost entertainment value so fast that I dropped it before the half way mark and never had any urge to revisit it. The settlements, the quests/dialogue, the RPG mechanics all too shallow for any replay value what so ever. A half decent game but an awful RPG. It's an open world game that is too boring to ever finish.
>>
>>342211835
Shit.
>>
File: 1426873914148.jpg (14 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1426873914148.jpg
14 KB, 245x245
It was aright, just that

>Terrible story
>Dialogue wheel and options are god horrid
>Voiced protag
>Hardly any weapons
>Level up system is retarded
>Legendary enemies were annoying
>Even less of an RPG FO3 was

7/10, slightly better than FO3, way worse than NV. Really looking forward to what mods people will make. No way i'll play this again vanilla
>>
>>342217474

I don't think he repeats himself too much, but he does drone on a bit
>>
>>342211835
really boring after your first playthrough not enough side quests that aren't just repeating garbage
>>
>>342211835
Sick and fucking tired.
Just got hold of the latest DLC, it's all either pointless or non functional. I can't even report the error, cause Bethesda again fucks PS users.
>>
>>342211835
5/10

Graphics are cool. Gunplay improved. Exploring is kinda fun. Everything else is shit. Not worth $60. Buy it on sale
>>
I'm reinstalling right now. somehow updating the game it deleted itself.

I like it. It could have better dialog story scripting.
>>
WHY IS BOSTON FULL OF ORCS
>>
>>342220597
Yeah, do they even explain where the boston super mutants came from?
>>
it was decent. played it for 30 hours and quitted.
Witcher 3 was way better
>>
>>342211835
Every time my friends talk about it, I want to play it less and less.
>>
>>342220659
mutantslol
>>
>>342220659
Apparently the Institute kidnapped fucking thousands of people and made them into super mutants because they can, and then when they got bored they just stopped the project and let them all loose on the surface because reasons.

The Institute is literally The Master except they don't even try to justify or explain themselves. And unlike the Master you cannot call them out on anything ever.

What I want to know is how The Institute got access to the same strain of FEV as Vault 87, which is another gigantic can of worms in itself.
>>
>>342216428
i dont think theyre really comparable. i like the witcher but get it on sale and dont binge it. quests are very repetitive and literally "press x to solve the puzzle".
>>
>>342211835
It didn't capture my attention as much as New Vegas did; mainly because of the crappy dialogue and story, as well as a lack of replayability due to no level cap.

Everything becomes trivial when you over-level and have the ability to kill everything in under two seconds with an explosive minigun, even on the hardest difficulty. There's absolutely no challenge at all. New Vegas did a much better job at roleplaying a character rather than being a fucking walking tank.
>>
>Nukaworld DLC

Oh boy I can't wait for something absolutely retarded to happen

Maybe they make one of the secret ingredients in Nuka Cola fucking FEV or something

Or maybe you interact with the inventor of Nuka Cola who survived all this time because he discovered yet another means of immortality which seems to be a common theme in FO4. Maybe a secret forbidden cola that gives you eternal life or something.
>>
>>342213828
Does anyone actually think Hynes has anything to do with development?

He's just a PR goon and responsible for twitter maintenance.

Why they hired the most ugly and uncharismatic person ever for this is beyond me though.

I've never seen a more extreme shit-eating grin.
>>
>>342221408
You will never get your hands on my forbidden nuka cola jutsu
>>
>>342216728
"Infinite" quests are the definition of padding you mong.

Why produce content when RNG can send players around the map to kill bandit ghoul mutants for eternity?

>Hur I'm so old and pretentious, *SIGH*

Where do you think you are?
>>
>>342211835
Bored after 30 mins, really cannot see the hype or appeal of this game but it's probably just me
>>
>>342221408
He just hid in a fridge that was stacked with food.
>>
>>342221527
The true enemy is Emil Pagliarulo but he always manages to escape notice.

Maybe with all the dosh Beth has they can afford to teach him how to write a narrative longer that five sentences without it falling apart from even minor scrutiny.
>>
File: get help.png (136 KB, 1282x140) Image search: [Google]
get help.png
136 KB, 1282x140
>>342220316
I made this just for you.
>>
>>342221408
Nukaworld is a raider settlement that let's you roll with raiders and set up raider settlements. Trust me, my dog works at Bethesda.
>>
>>342221657
Tell Dogmeat I said hello.
>>
>>342211835
Great timewaster.

I literally don't give a fuck about anything that is happening story-wise. It's all fucked anyway once they make you go to the Institute.
>>
>>342216728
Go fuck yourself.

Radiant quests are worse than the padding you describe. They send you to the SAME place to kill the SAME shit forever.
>>
File: 1429345287389.jpg (11 KB, 184x171) Image search: [Google]
1429345287389.jpg
11 KB, 184x171
>>342221631
Thanks anon I love it
>>
>>342221408
You're putting too much thought into it, it will literally just be raiders
The only new stuff I can see them adding is the Nuka Grenade straight from Fallout 3, or maybe a fat man that shoots nuka cola bottles (haha dude NUKA cola, get it?)
>>
>>342211835
Its the only fallout that I couldnt bring myself to finish, not even halfway. Forgettable bland trash.
>>
>>342221629
>Emil Pagliarulo
Oh god, you're so right.
>>
>>342221803
Still better than contraptions. Which for me at least, no builders work.
>>
It's a huge improvement on Fallout 3 in almost every way. The engine improvement is impressive, and shows in the combat and real time looting. The companions are massively improved.

The dialogue is awful in every way. If there was no choice in dialogue the game would not change whatsover, and it's shown by the fact that every dialogue choice leads to the exact same response half the time. Speech is used for more caps, and in only about 1/10 quests actually changes the path of the quest. Skill checks are not a thing (although apparently in Far Harbor they add a lot of them, so props to them for listening to feedback I guess)

Essentially it's improved massively in the gameplay, action aspect, which is the only thing that makes it a good game.
The RPG elements are almost totally removed and it sucks shit for that.
>>
>Institute wants to test new crops on the surface
>Instead of using their teleporters to set up a farm anywhere in the wasteland, they decide using Synths is the solution
>Kidnap a random farmer, rape him to death, replace with Synth
>Grow the crops
>When experiment is over make sure to kill the farmer's human family too because we have to make difficult choices in the name of progress
>STOP TRYING TO QUESTION US YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND OUR SACRIFICE AND PAIN FOR THE GREATER GOOD

Do people actually side with the Institute besides grabbing the achievement then reloading a previous save?
>>
Fun at first, but when the difficulty falls off the game is revealed to be a shallow piece of trash with 0 replayability
>>
I think the same thing I do about every Bethesda game.

I'll buy it when the GOTY edition goes on sale and I can get the game and all of the DLC for like 25 bucks. Paying full price and then dlc prices for a single-player game that is almost guaranteed to be riddled with bugs and boring after 30 hours is just dumb.
>>
File: 1396162780370.jpg (371 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1396162780370.jpg
371 KB, 1920x1200
>>342211835
It's an action game with RPG elements.

The only things Bethesda got right was exploration/discovery, which has always been their strong suit, how power armors feel, and some of the creature animations. Fighting Feral Ghouls and Deathclaws feels great, since they're weaving and bobbing and shit like that.

Limiting the character backstory, allowing you to max out every perk, the removal of skills, nonsensical plot and no respect for the series' own canon absolutely ruin the game. Things like the character backstory and nonsensical plot can't even be fixed with mods.

I hope that they give Obsidian or another dev who are talented with creating a story a go with their latest engine.
>>
>>342215552

This.
>>
>>342221026

Weren't they trying to cure people of their supermutantism?
That was the whole point of Virgil's quest.
It was probably one of their less retarded projects.

They were capturing people, turning them mutant, and trying to reverse the problems. Super mutants are a problem all over the U.S. apparently. Many different strains of F.E.V. caused it as well. Virgil was trying to make a cure all for that shit.

why they released them to the surface I don't know. Should have just euthanized them.Guess they just really want to fuck over literally everyone living on the surface.
>>
File: 1465790724074.jpg (180 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1465790724074.jpg
180 KB, 768x1024
Why does /v/ get so angry and aggresive about video games and that
>>
Horrible, dumbed down game that shows that Bethesda understands what makes Fallout, Fallout about as well as their current fans do. Which is to say not at all.
>>
>>342222576
>Why does a video game board on a Scandinavian Philately Enthusiast website get so angry about video games?
>>
File: 1398256441812.jpg (79 KB, 609x960) Image search: [Google]
1398256441812.jpg
79 KB, 609x960
>>342222576
it's the only thing we know and have
>>
>>342211835
With 6 days played so far, I guess you could say i had fun. Mods help a lot
>>
You have no reason to play after you have saved the minutemen from the museum. The game shows all it has to offer in that quest.
>>
>>342211835
It's a great game but does have some major problems.

+Great combat, best in the series. Combat actually feels engaging and real.
+Environments are great and character models and enemies are good.
+Power Armour is what it should be-powerful and intimidating like a Space Marine, not the crap we got in Fallout 3.

-Dialogue is utter shit. It's a Fallout game, choices and interesting conversations should be the norm.
-DLC has been rubbish, settlement building is too narrow and Nuka World being the last, it has been disappointing.
-Removing karma and other character choices ruins rpg elements.

Overall, it is decent and get some things absolutely right (weapons and combat) but other things absolutely wrong (dialogue and player choice).
>>
>>342211835
It was an average game with nothing too exciting going for it. Good for a play through if a fan of of the series but not much of replay ability
>>
never played a fallout game but survival games are up my alley. should I get this game?
>>
>>342223573
NV and Skyrim (with mods) are better survival games.

I'd wait until it and the DLCs are all discounted.
>>
Improved mechanics, worse dialog

A great game to dick around and do nothing in, terrible for RP
>>
>>342214751
>That would change the Brotherhood's standing in any future games they would make.
not really since something that has probably been more ignored than forgotten by bethesda is that the brother hood actually reintroduces tech to people they believe wont horribly misuse it.

The brother hood was about taking tech out of the hands they deemed likely to misuse and not just random hoarders that were after everything shiny piece of tech they could get their hands on.

if important shit weren't ignored what would have happened is that the brother hood would have taken the institutes shit reversed engineered it and then share the mostly non weapon stuff with those they deem worthy to help better their lives.

it would essentially be the fucking arroyos ending of fallout 2 which would have made more sense given as to how they are just redoing the priors game storylines just super much more shittylierly
>>
>>342221904

I got builders to work no problem on PC. You hook a terminal up to the same power grid as the builder, set the builder to build what you want on the terminal, and insert stuff that has the relevant materials into the builder container, wait a bit, out come the goodies. Even then to be honest you're not missing much. Armor pieces come out random (lol) so enjoy making 30 heavy combat armor chest pieces to get that one missing left leg. Only things that are actually interesting to build IMO are the gatling laser early game if you have the stuff, and ammo if you have a lot of fertilizer, copper, and lead lying around.
>>
>>342214867
to bad the also rehashed the first fallouts story except much much much worse in almost all regards
>>
File: 1460129461558.png (468 KB, 800x440) Image search: [Google]
1460129461558.png
468 KB, 800x440
>>342211835
>torrent game after Far Harbor comes out
>wow the quests are all shit
>stop doing story quests very early on
>just dicking around and doing side quests here and there
>get the Ada/Mechanist quest line
>wew this was pretty decent
>I kind of feel bad for torrenting it now
>start doing story quests again
>they are all shit
>the mechanists quest line was dlc
huehuehue
>>
>>342223660
NV? New Vegas? Why isn't this a numbered title?
>>
>>342215254
>You can't help but what wonder the FUCK does Bethesda with their development time
probably just like 98 percent code monkeis who dont care about the product and just happy to have a job. 1 percent others who genuinely care and want to do interesting and fun shit. and a final 1 percent who are the highest ups who controls what goes down and are just plainly out of touch with shit they supposedly care about
>>
>>342211835
i enjoyed it, i mean it's a fun game first play through, and similar enough to fallout 3/nv to have the same kind of fun adventure.
i also didn't mind some of the minor changes.

but that being said the game is really fucking boring after like 100 hours, same with skyrim though.

i'll go play it again maybe next year or in vr, but till then it's sitting in my steam library and i see the cracks in it.
>>
+
Gunplay
Exploration/Map
Character Creator
Settlement system
Survival Mode

-
Writing
Questing
Char Perks
Many weapon perks are god awful
Settlement system
Gun Mods are not very interesting
Weapon variety
Dialogue system

Still like the game a lot.
probably a 9/10 for me.

But I didn't go into Fo4 expecting a good RPG.
>>
>>342224069
It's technically a spinoff, but more of a true sequel to Fallout 1 and 2 than Fallout 3 is.
>>
File: 1459949025844.jpg (517 KB, 1303x856) Image search: [Google]
1459949025844.jpg
517 KB, 1303x856
+gunplay got better than f3/fnv
-gunplay is still shit compared to any fps

+map design and city design is nice
-it's generic and safe

+exploring is nice and building are not linear shitholes from skyrim
-the best fucking loot and the thing you will explore for are duct tapes and motherboards, not super sekrit prototype weapons

+graphics got better
-they are still shit and engine buries it

+settlement building is really nice and lets you farm
-it serves literally no purpose apart from farming, having people in your settlements is a hindrance

+some characters have nice writing ideas as base
-once you start getting in with them, their fucking writing ends
-get in and out of a power armour to make someone love you

-lore shit (caps in safes etc)
-literally got all the RPG cut out
-holy shit the fucking dialogue is braindead

TWO OF THE WORST UNFORGIVABLE SHITS

- HOW CAN YOU BUTCHER SYNTH PHILOSHOPHY SO HARD
JUST FUCKING COPY BLADE RUNNER, BOOK OR MOVIE DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU WANT

HOLY SHIT THE BOOK LITERALLY FITS PERFECTLY AND YOU FUCK IT UP IN ALL WAYS POSSIBLE

REEEEEEE

-THE WRITING IS EVEN WORSE THAN FUCKING F3 OR SKYRIM SHIT, AND THERE ARE LESS FUCKING CHOICES THAN IN SKYRIM

HOW DO YOU MAKE A RPG MORE SIMPLIFIED THAN SKYRIM

EEEEEEER
>>
>>342211835
They improved guns but removed RPG aspects which left it with an inexcusably bad combat system that no longer had the excuse that it was an RPG.

It's an RPG without RPG mechanics. In other words all the bad shit in RPGs without any of the good.

I deeply regret my purchase and didn't buy a triple A game for six months because of it.
>>
Meh
>>
Love it. Still playing with over 300 hours.
The dialogue wheel didn't bother me as much as it did some people, but it bothered me big time for one reason - the fact that you couldn't exhaust every dialogue options possible like in the previous games. It was pick one and move on. I hate that; I want to hear everything.
Settlements are fucking awesome, and something I'd always wanted in Bethesda games. I wish it was less restricted (without mods), though. I should be able to to crazy shit. If I want to put a wall through another wall, let me.
Radiant quests are fucking lame, though. Used as an excuse to have less unique questlines, and that sucks. No redeeming quality there.
By a similar token, the less unique loot sucks too. Cookie cutter safe inventories were stupid. Always the same 5 things in every safe.
>>
File: 1466076744052.png (418 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
1466076744052.png
418 KB, 497x732
Worst thing about exploration in this game is that you will never EVER find a really unique weapon that will look different from the others. And pipe guns.

It's all just same shit but with an additional star to it.

Either way, for me it's nothing more than a 5/10. Good gunplay, storyline was utter shit, best side quest was probably robots doing 9/11 with a flying ship. Not enough skill checks. Charisma being useless 90% of the time and when it's useful it's usually just to get more caps. And why are caps the currency, again?

Also characters look like they have no emotion when talking. They move their lips but that's all. It still looks stiff as fuck. Beth should look at CDPR and learn how to do facial motion properly.
>>
Good gunplay, but they busted SPECIAL beyond repair, didn't even try to incorporate any of it cleverly into dialogue or the world, and the writing was bad.

Also, the game suffers extensively from Bethesda not knowing what the fuck kind of game they actually wanted FO4 to be.
>>
>>342213081

You're wrong about 2 things:

Animation and gunplay were actually really good this time around. Guns felt fucking accurate and didn't control like stiff chunks of wood, and animations were finally fluid, transitioned together well, and decent enough that playing in 3rd person wasn't horribly fucking jarring, and actually a consideration on my part.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.