[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>every game somebody locks into him within the first few seconds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 8
File: hanzo-gameplay.jpg (46 KB, 700x396) Image search: [Google]
hanzo-gameplay.jpg
46 KB, 700x396
>every game somebody locks into him within the first few seconds

How do we solve the Hanzotard problem? He's simultaneously one of the least useful and yet most played classes there is.
>>
>>342211245
I wish people would stop referring to individual characters as "classes". Anyway Hanzo isn't too bad. His ult is great for area denial and catching out shitters.
>>
He's very fun to play as, and I've found that I usually do pretty well on defense when I play him. Not as useful on attack but not bad on some maps. He works best on maps with some high ground to snipe from, worst from king of the hill maps. I'm ok with someone on my team picking him as long as it isn't on some map like Illios, or on a team where we already have a widowmaker or another hanzo.
>>
>>342211569

It's a class-based FPS. The classes just have specific character designs attached to them.
>>
>>342211692
The class would be sniper. The character is Hanzo.
>>
>>342211245
make his hurt boxes slimmer so they don't get accidental kills convincing them hes good.
>>
>>342211847
You mean archer, widow is sniper. You're now arguing for the sake of arguing.
>>
>>342211956
He's a sniper. When the game says "too many snipers" it specifically refers to widowmaker and hanzo. widowmaker and hanzo fill the same role on a team.
>>
>>342211856
But then he's got nothing on him. His rate of fire is shit, his projectile speed is shit, he must hold for a while for his shot to have range etc.
Might as well take a Pharah or Widowmaker if he must aim properly to shoot.
>>
>>342211847
As far as the game's concerned the only classes seem to be "Offense, Defense, Tank and Support"
>>
>>342212384
and then there are sub-classes, such as builder, sniper, scout/harrasser etc.
>>
I wish Widow would be useless as Hanzo.

Also the reason people still play Hanzo is because he's easy. You have your E for a free kill and if you just spam arrows in chokepoints you're bound to get something.
>>
>>342212504
I think you're stretching it though. Where does Bastion (not really a builder), or D'Va ( not really a tank) or Zenyatta (not really a straight healer) fit in?
>>
>>342211956
No he's a sniper.

Both him and and Widow are considered sniper
>>
>>342211245
>>>/vg/146147420
>>>/vg/146147420
>>>/vg/146147420
>long-term, recurring threads about a game belong on /vg/.
There are ten Overwatch threads up on /v/ right now already. Please redirect your posts to /owg/ in future to prevent pushing smaller threads off /v/. That is its purpose.
>>
>>342212651
bastion is DPS defense
Zen is the DPS support, where Lucio is AOE support, mercy is healer support and Sym is builder support
D.Va is kinda broken atm. she needs a right click of some sort to become a properly useful tank.
>>
>shitter picks Hanzo
>gets maybe 3 kills and another 2 with ult
>could've picked Soldier and got 10 kills in the same time
>>
>>342211245
He's one of the few fun toons to play in this shitty game. Fuck off.
>>
>>342212919
Ok but at that point basically every single character is it's own class. If Bastion is the only DPS defense I'd rather just say "Bastion" then "DPS defense." At which point class/character may as well be interchangeable.
>>
>>342212941
Soldier's ultimate feels really lame and low impact even if you kill the whole team with it. Dragons feel super cool even if you miss everyone.
>>
>>342212651
>Dva not really a tank
>negates all damage in front of her
>never dies unless you're retarded
>Zenyatta not really a healer
>strongest heal in the game
You have brain problems, reddit.
>>
>>342213021
well i mean there arent that many characters so if you really need a shorthand for any of them you must have to get the message out fast enough that comms would be the most useful desu
>>
>>342212651
At least with DVA and Zenyatta, the game itself considers them tank and healer respectively. I don't know about Bastion.
>>
I feel like Hanzo players only exist to break kill streaks by accident

They're also like Widowmakers who refuse to get on points to extend Overtime even if they are the only one who can reach it in time
>>
>>342212917
Gonna make another overwatch thread just for you ;)
>>
>>342211245
Characters I can never practice with because idiots lock them in every match:
>Hanzo
>Widow
>Genji
Amunsingly these are the same characters who are carrying the enemy team in plenty of matches. My Widows are barely hit anything. Enemy widow snipes three people in a row at every minute. My Hanzo spams arrows hoping not to die. Enemy Hanzo locks down chokepoints completly. My Genji running around like a headless chiken. Enemy Genji triple kills without ults and literally jumps around 4 people denying cap forver.
>>
They need to buff Hanzo's melee damage.
>>
>>342212941
>literally anyone picks hanzo because he's easy as fuck to play
>17 elims
>Repeatedly takes out enemy turrets allowing the team to push the payload/capture points
>Provides valuable vision around corners with his sonar arrows
>picks off characters hiding in side rooms with his scatter arrows.
>wipes the whole enemy team with a well times ult through a wall
>>
>>342212384
Word you're looking for is role. The characters are classes and the duties they can perform eg sniper DPS harraser etc are roles.
>>
>>342211245
Leave the Match as soon as someone locks Hanzo. You can leave without any penalty as long as there is "Assemble your team" 30 sec time window.
>>
>>342213447
Soldier can do all of that except give vision. He shits out damage and can even heal people around him.
>17 eliminations is a lot
>>
>>342213070
>strongest heal in the game

in terms of utility or what? His heal isn't that powerful
>>
>>342213070
D'Va's negate is literally a worse version of Genji's reflect. It does not make her a tank.
>>
>>342213506

Its funny that you're serious.
>>
>>342213707
I never implied that 17 elims was a lot, just that anyone could get that many (as opposed to the 5 or whatever you suggested).

Soldier is not a sniper - he can't reliably take out turrets without some way of flanking them. He's not even comparable really. If you're going to claim that another character could fill the same role but better at least cite widowmaker.
>>
>>342213810
Yes, it does because it covers a larger area than Genji's reflect and allows your team to move through chokepoints (first objectives on Hollywood, Hanamura, and Anubis).
>>
>>342213907
Soldier is among the best characters to take out turrets, couple shots + helix rockets and it's gone.
>>
>>342213907
>right click on turret
>finish it with gun
wew that was hard
>>
>>342213907
Meanwhile the Soldier has finished with 30 elims and the silver medal in healing
>>
>>342213907
>Soldier not a sniper

I mean if you want to be a pedantic little cunt then yeah but his gun is 100% accurate at any range. You fucking retard.
>>
File: 1464885804976.jpg (99 KB, 600x660) Image search: [Google]
1464885804976.jpg
99 KB, 600x660
>Hanzoshitters are in this thread RIGHT NOW
>>
>>342214207

Option 1 won't work, they'll just pick Hanzo as well and figure 2 Hanzos will be fine.

Option 2 never works, they don't want to switch.

I tried Option 3 before and the team jumped to Hanzo's defense even though I had all gold medals, because they were upset I wasn't carrying them hard enough.
>>
>>342211569

The problem with Hanzo is that he's essentially a worse Widowmaker. At best, he's slightly better at defending himself at close range, but is surpassed in every other aspect.
>>
>>342214128
>turret is like 50 meters away inside the dojo on hanamura
>>
>>342212917
>mfw you thought you would never come across such autism
>goes on every OW thread to post this

This is one dedicated man, wish we had this during the BB/DS3 flood that was twice as bad as this one.
>>
>>342214367
What? Widowmaker's machine gun shreds people at close range and her gas mine makes sure that anyone who approaches you has no chance of survival.

Meanwhile hanzo can just fire pissweak uncharged arrows while running away.
>>
>>342214408
>turret that far away
>a problem
>>
>>342214573
The turret can shot anyone up to 40 meters away. Anyone who enters the dojo will get fucking shredded in second. In scenarios like that its pretty much required that you have hanzo or widowmaker to kill the turrets from outside of their range.
>>
>>342214542
It's scary running into a competent Hanzo. He can still shred me even if I'm Winston.
>>
>>342214736
>Anyone who enters the dojo
Which is when you destroy the turret if you're too retarded to do it earlier.
>turrets
>ever a problem
>>
>>342214358
>Option 2 never works, they don't want to switch
this
i hate it
if your team is telling you to switch you should fucking switch.
with only six per team every man counts
>>
>>342214863

Turrets are a problem all the time for me. Not because I get killed by them, I blow the fuckers up all the time. But I end up focusing almost 100% of just destroying them because no one else will, and then the rest of my team never manages to kill anyone either and the fucking thing just gets built right back up in no time flat.

Same shit that happened in TF2, but at least there the metal requirement meant you could slow them down if you blew up their dispenser.
>>
>>342214542

Hanzo can oneshot you easily with either his normal arrows and E ability.
>>
>>342214736
>be me
>be soldier
>run through the gate and into cover on the left or right
>took a some damage from the turret
>heal it up right away because there's health packs everywhere in this game or simply use my aoe heal
It's no surprise I finish with 3 gold medals every game when there's retards like you playing.
>>
>>342211245
probably the sudden change is because every retard saw the videos showcasing his hitboxes
>>
File: Slightly above average I guess.png (25 KB, 407x276) Image search: [Google]
Slightly above average I guess.png
25 KB, 407x276
>tfw team flames me for playing weeb archer even though im kinda good at him

Where did this hanzo is bad meme start, hes still good its not my fault widowmaker is a stupid fucking character and outclasses him.
>>
>>342215324

He's not bad, there's just no real reason to pick him. I mean seriously, who plays video games for fun when you could be winning instead.
>>
>>342214741
Right, there was a level 79 Hanzo with the Lone Wolf Skin in one of my recent games and he was just destroying my team, caught people at close range, far range. In good hands, he's extremely overpowered. He single-handedly kept us from reaching the A objective on Kings Row for ages.
>>
>>342212556
>>Also the reason people still play Hanzo is because he's easy
Same logic can be applied to half the characters in the game

>The reason people still play Junkrat is because
he's easy, just spam grenades into a choke point and you're bound to get something
>The reason people still play Widowmaker is because she's easy, just spam sniper shots into a choke point and you're bound to get something
Shit argument
>>
>>342215458

I do wish I could practice so I could be a Hanzo like that, but it doesn't help that there are so many posts and threads that just shit all over Hanzo, he's bad in competitive, etc. that just makes me not want to put the time into getting better at him just to not use him in competitive.
>>
>>342215584

I want to say the reason people shit on Hanzo is because Widowmaker exists. She is a lot more reliable at killing people and her ult is a million times more useful/gamebreaking than a slow dragon everyone can avoid.
>>
>>342211245
play with friends
>>
>>342215589
I couldn't care less what people think of a character. There's far more egregiously no-skill characters like Genji and Mei. Hanzo at least requires the skill to position yourself without getting shred and actually aim at your *usually moving* targets from a distance. Ignore the shitters and play what you like.

>>342215672
True, Hanzo is absolute garbage at close range compared to Widowmaker, which is unfortunate, the dragon ulti is still good if you're tactical about it. I still prefer the aesthetic of Hanzo over Widowmaker, even though I agree he's worse in most cases.
>>
>>342215708

Most of my friends don't really play much anymore. So I could be able to play with 1 friend on a good day and 3 friends on a blue moon.
>>
>>342215401

Widow vs Hanzo is PC vs Console. That's pretty much the only difference.
>>
>>342215810

Are you saying I am a consolefag for playing Huntsman?
>>
>>342212651
Here you go senpai

Dva - Flanker, Backline-Harass
Bastion - Tank-Buster, Backline
Zenyatta - Spot Healer, Commander, Tank Buster

http://imgur.com/649yyFZ
>>
>>342214367
The problem there seems to be more with Widowmaker for being a hitscan sniper in a game that doesn't exactly need a hitscan sniper, especially one who can do just as much damage as the projectile sniper
>>
>>342212917

I would go to /vg/ but I am constantly triggered by the same shipping pictures and posters there all day every day.
>>
>>342214352
Its horrifying when you think about it.
>>
File: 1464133356855.jpg (55 KB, 600x478) Image search: [Google]
1464133356855.jpg
55 KB, 600x478
>welcome to: hanamure
>prepare to attack
>someone instantly locks hanzo
>this happens 3 rounds in a row where i attack with a hanzo

holy fucking shit

and to top it off, nobody in this game communicates or listens to advice. im really fucking tired of this game.
>>
>>342215892

Nah. But with console it's much easier to spam one shot arrows than actually trying to headshot with Widow.
>>
>>342216197

There is literally nothing wrong with Hanzo on attack and this meme needs to end.
>>
>>342216265
on hanamura? yes there fucking is. we need to break that chokepoint nigger.
>>
>hanzo uses his sonar correctly

Only thing I care about.
If he can't do that he shouldn't play hanzo.
If he does it correctly hes basically guaranteed kills by his teammates.
>>
>>342215948
The problem is more of Widow being a histcan sniper with wallhack, a 75 damage trap that protects her from ever being flanked, an incredible mobility ability and an assault rifle that rivals soldiers.

Widow is just busted as shit.
That being said Hanzo is fun and not too bad. He does suffer of "why would you pick him instead of Widow unless you simply don't have good enough aim for Widow" syndrome though.
>>
>>342214434
Yeah seriously the ds3 flood was awful. Overwatch slowed down after a few days but this board was completely overtaken by dark souls for a solid month. I never saw anyone in there redirecting to /vg/
>>
>>342216317

>killing people from range and dragon doesn't help push

All right, maybe you just played with shit people? Hanzo is bad if you don't have like 2-3 pure attack characters, but he isn't bad.
>>
>>342212917
/vg/ is a fucking containment board and many games dont have any discussion in them. /xivg/ is a great example and why the occasional FFXIV thread pops up. Literally avatarfagging and ERP the thread.
>>
>>342214052
not him but if your standing on the payload as diva your playing her wrong and would be better off with another tank.
>>
>>342216534

I wish there was legit places to talk about stuff like FFXIV and it not become like what you said.
>>
>>342213810
it absorbs that deathblossom like a charm senpai.
>>
File: 1337815587767.jpg (70 KB, 810x780) Image search: [Google]
1337815587767.jpg
70 KB, 810x780
I play Hanzo exclusively and can't really hit shit with him. I just spam arrows at the nearest choke and hope for the best. Whats wrong with playing for fun?
>>
>>342213306
>hanzo widow or genji
>carrying anything
>ever
Come on now fampai
>>
>>342214207
If everyone avoids the hanzo players, will they eventually all get matched up with each other?
>Imagine the hurt senpai.
>>
I blame the lack of dedicated servers for people being so competitive in this game. In TF2 literally no one gave a shit and just played for fun, where this isn't the case in Overwatch.
>>
>>342216690
There's nothing wrong with playing for fun.
>>
>>342211245
dont worry this game will be dead in a month or two since people will understand that it was just hype built by those fucking blizzard shills and that the game actually sucks dicks.
>>
you have to make him less cool

maybe put a big diaper on him to discourage people from playing, haha
>>
>>342216994
Haha poor fag. Are you pissed about the fact that your jobless ass can't buy the game???
>>
I tried Hanzo for the first time on Defence and had a 15 Killstreak without any kills from Ults (the enemy team never grouped)
>>
>>342211245
ever hanzo player avoids jumping on the point, even during overtime

every hanzo player can't aim for shit and spams shotgun arrows or chokepoint arros

every hanzo player is incapable of getting on a point

every hanzo player is incapable of pushing
>>
>>342214915
>playing widow on hanamura (attack)
>everyone in team bitching about picking widow for attack
>proceed to keep the whole enemy team locked away from the points, killing everyone who comes in sight
>get potg
>get three gold medals

If you know you're good, trust yourself. Not the shitters crying.
>>
>>342214915

I was only told I think 1 time to switch and I was genuinely being shit at the time.
>>
>>342217359
Well, yeah, they're clearly pure defense. A hanzo player should be holding a point. He doesn't have the mobility to survive on the objective point, and his output is slow with no fast alternative.
The problem with most Hanzo players is that they don't use their Ult effectively, but the same can be said for a huge amount of people playing.
>>
>>342214207
I have a 100% success rate solution. Find a group of people you can play with, and communicate with, and all agree to not pick Hanzo.
>>
>>342216638
Yeah its pretty unfortunate the official forums are a no negativity hug box, reddit is reddit. The threads on /v/ are usually decent and people who make posts like the general are met with massive flaming which is good.
>>
>>342211245
>60% kill participation
>least useful
alright senpai
>>
>payload or koth
>point is at 99%/1m away
>overtime clock winding down
>No one attempts to charge into it to reset overtime while others respawn
Every time, usually a Bastion. Worried more about themselves dying than actually losing altogether
>>
File: is this a joke.jpg (60 KB, 397x595) Image search: [Google]
is this a joke.jpg
60 KB, 397x595
>>342215324
Are you picking him on attack?
>>
File: 1465614597065.jpg (86 KB, 435x960) Image search: [Google]
1465614597065.jpg
86 KB, 435x960
I've been playing Zarya latelly, she's kinda complicated to use, unlike the other beam shitters in this game you have to actually aim with her, which is annoying in CQC, her alt+fire is ALOT more usefull, since it only damages you 20ish, which easily regenerates.
The issue is her personal shield, if you're gona make a charcter that is based on enemies shooting you, it should last ATLEAST another full second.
>>
>>342217193
You can own the game and still see it as a fad
>>
>>342218613
The shield pops after 200 damage
>>
File: hanzo mains.png (31 KB, 366x57) Image search: [Google]
hanzo mains.png
31 KB, 366x57
>Hanzo mains
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.