[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently joined the Master Race and I just remembered that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
I recently joined the Master Race and I just remembered that this game exists.
It was kinda overshadowed by FO4 when it came out.

How is it?
>>
Ok, but not worth the current price. It was in humble monthly, so check reseller sites for second hand keys.
>>
vehicle combat is slow mo press x to win
hand to hand combat is bam ham trash
nice atmosphere
story is typical revenge plot
runs great

goes on sale often so get it cheap.
>>
>>342210578
WB did Shadow of Mordor and BAMHAM Origins too, didn't they?
is this the same engine?
>>
It's very okay

Vehicle combat is kinda trash
On foot combat is standard batman shit but it's fun
Big vehicle convoys are only like 6-8 cars which are all the same size as your car (no fighting against big giant trucks or anything)
Open world elements are Ubisoft tier time wasting copy paste bullshit
Storms are actually pretty cool but not as jaw droppingly amazing as fury road
Enemy dialogue is pretty fun
The time it takes to acquire scrap (to upgrade your car) is just about right so if you invest in the right base upgrades and take part in storms you'll rarely have to bother trying to farm
Art direction is on point
Story is simple and easy to ignore
It's a mad max game which is pretty much the only reason I bought it. Got it for 20 bucks on ps4 and the only reason I feel ripped off is because THERES NO FUCKING HANDBRAKE WHAT THE SHIT KIND OF DRIVING GAME IS THIS SPENDING ALL YOUR TIME IN A GOD DAMN CAR WHICH YOU CANT EVEN USE THE HANDBRAKE IN LIKE YOU CAN IN EVERY SINGLE DRIVING GAME EVER MADE AND SOME FM RADIO STATIONS
>>
>>342210657
no. wb montreal did bamham origins, monolith did mordor, and avalanche did max max.

>is this the same engine?
no. bamham is ue3x and mordor and madmax are in house engines.
>>
Good game for its price. Too bad it was rushed, had potential.
>>
Ha more fun with MM than with JC3.
>>
File: 144274746567.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
144274746567.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
>>342210231
>Master Race
>garbage AAA multiplats
In a nutshell
>>
>>342210231
it was ok
it really depends on how much you like the mad max universe

if you can find it cheap, definitely worth it
>>
I really enjoyed the game, but get it cheap. It runs fucking great on PC, they made an excellent port.
>>
>>342211319
Someone from Ubi claimed that Mordor ripped off the Assassins Creed engine
>>
>>342214392
I hear this a lot and I just don't see the parallel

it's close to BAMHAM in terms of combat, but it borrows absolutely nothing from Ass Creed
not stealth, not freerunning, not combat, nothing
>>
>>342211059
>Implying handbrakes are necessary

don't be such a fucking casual, anon.
>>
>>342210231
It's above your average open world collectathon, but it still lacks content.
For it it was amazing for the first 4-5 or so hours, then everything begins to feel the same...

With more content and things to do it would be a top-tier game, but unfortunately it gets boring relatively quickly
>>
>>342211059
There is a handbrake if you change the driving control scheme.
>>
You mean overshadowed by MGSV.
>>
>>342211059
>fm radio

yeah that makes sense in the games world
>>
I've been playing it recently, the game just keeps on crashing on me now. I'm in pink eyes territory, I just got both the scrap so it collects scrap automatically when I destroy cars. Now it fucking crashes to desktop every time I load the game.

I've enjoyed my time with it so far, it's fun enough, it's a good game to listen to podcasts to. I might delete it if this crash keeps happening though.
>>
The movie was boring as fuck, the game is just the same
>>
>>342211059
> FM radio

Have you ever seen Mad Max? it's not some Fallout wasteland. Everything is broken you dumbo.
>>
File: 2016-03-10_00005.jpg (323 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-10_00005.jpg
323 KB, 1920x1080
It's great, I loved it, put well over 50 hours into it. I got a key for 9 eurobucks and it was well worth it. Gameplay is fun, albeit one could argue it's simple, the graphics are absolutely gorgeous - and performance is one of the best I've ever seen. Definitely recommend it.
>>
File: Boneitis.jpg (20 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Boneitis.jpg
20 KB, 512x384
>>342210231
mad a thread about it yesterday that it is actually a decent game, beat my expectations
similar to baham combat but brutal, he gets a fury mode where he goes super saiyan
vehicle combat is good, story is ok, don't rush through it though or you will be left with an open world to explore for not much reason. the only reason to explore the world is for scrap to upgrade your car.
my only gripe with it is that there are loads of challenges in it, one of which is to let the game be offline, but connected to the internet to accumilate scrap, and I am litterally waiting now and turning the game on everyday just to get the last challenge for the platinum.
7/10 game worth one playthrough

>>342211059
>Ubisoft tier time wasting copy paste bullshit
umm no they are not. every location is very unique, despite that there is loads of them.
also every region is unique.

>THERES NO FUCKING HANDBRAKE
>didn't check control scheme
>didn't ever press circle
>>
>>342215101
>not freerunning
the climbing looks similar, but actually more streamline in mordor.
both mordor and MM are solid 7/10's deserve a playthrough.
I've played mordor twice, the nemesis system was god tier
>>
>>342216220
>performance is one of the best I've ever seen
I just completed it On PS4 and unfortunatly there was a damn lot of frame rate issues, but it looks amazing. they really got the post apocalyptic feels on point.
and those storms in pink eyes territory are mental.
>>
It's fun for like 3 hours. The on foot combat is complete trash, the handling is like you're driving a fucking boat, the whole map feels like it's just copy&paste

there's more but just don't buy it, it's the most generic experience you can imagine
>>
I like it. For me it's the only good diesel punk game out here, I love the athmosphere.
I really wonder what Avalanche will do next
>>
File: 2016-03-12_00009.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-12_00009.jpg
382 KB, 1920x1080
>>342217221
>umm no they are not. every location is very unique, despite that there is loads of them.
This, holy fuck. I have no idea how they managed to do it, it must have taken so much time, but every single location is different. Every small camp, every abandoned building, everything is different, there is no copy-pasting. It's incredible. I love this game.
>>
>>342217807
Why don't you go back to your subreddit, my man?
>>
>>342217969
What subreddit?
>>
the one thing this game did really right was the screen shot feature. every game should have such a thing built in but with a better freecam.
>>
>>342211059
>>Enemy dialogue is pretty fun
>'E'S GOT THE BLOOD-HUNGER!
>>
>>342217969
hes not lying.
I just completed every location myself they are all different. yeah they reuse assets like heaters, barrels, canteen fillers etc are all the same but each camp has a different layout and look and each scavenging place is the same. there are over 250 scavenging places too.
>>
>>342218131
Shadow of Mordor has an excellent one. It was a great game despite the lore inconsistencies and Batman combat. I certainly enjoyed it.
>>
>>342214392
I literally thought ubisost made shadow if mordor until I saw your comment
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.