[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did kids like this character again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: shadow wgun.jpg (50 KB, 400x554) Image search: [Google]
shadow wgun.jpg
50 KB, 400x554
Why did kids like this character again?
>>
He was violent and edgy compared to the fruitier Sonic. Black is cool.
>>
>>342210219

Better character design
black/red/gold > blue/tan
>>
I could relate to him.
>>
what are you some cind of faggot
>>
>>342210616
Is it cause kids like you are trying to find your true identity, JUST LIKE SHADOW?
>>
The shoes
>>
>>342210219
They didn't.

Auty teens did. But not enough to make it sell.
>>
>>342210616
PSSH!
>>
>>342210219

He was literally an edgier Sonic

Do the math
>>
What if Nintendo decided to give Wario a gun?
>>
>>342215142
>>
>no one understands
>>
>>342212831
this was a big draw for me. i loved his rocket shoes and skating running animation because i was a big fan of skating/rollerblading/scootering back then. i also thought it was cool how shadow seemed to have a purpose and mission beyond being cool and stopping eggman. people overrate his edge way to much in the game. between adventure 2, shadow, and 06, he was a pretty great character. sad how much they gutted him over the years.
>>
>>342210219
Shadow is my spirit animal.
>>
>>342210219
he is the most fleshed out and interesting character in the series.
at least he was when he debuted in SA2, then they just made him an edgelord.
>>
>>342210219
Did anyone like him ever?
>>
I actually really liked him when I was younger and edgy, I even loved his game.
When I made my first Facebook account, my first status was "Anon is a fan of Shadow the Hedgehog." I'm so glad I disabled that cringefest.
>>
>>342210219
>badass jet shoes
>can ru as fast as sonic
>has spikes that makes him look like an evil super sonic
>cool color-scheme compared to sonic
>gold streak when he jumps and spin dashes
>cool voice in his first debut
>actually interesting villain to accompany eggman
>>
>>342216987
>tfw had a shadow the hedgehog myspace account for roleplaying
>>
File: 1462095461277.jpg (28 KB, 273x282) Image search: [Google]
1462095461277.jpg
28 KB, 273x282
I cant believe how fucking bad shadows new voice actor is. He sounds like a literal faggot. Jason griffith, not sonic anymore, alright thats one thing. But at least keep the guy for shadow.
>>
File: wizard.jpg (22 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
wizard.jpg
22 KB, 400x600
The game would have been much more tolerable if they decided on a stock deep-sounding black VA to voice Shadow (starting from SA2).
>>
>>342210219
Because kids perceived him as Dark Sonic where we would have good hedgehog vs bad hedgehog. As Sonic you would save the world as Shadow you would conquer it.
>>
File: gameover.jpg (49 KB, 615x442) Image search: [Google]
gameover.jpg
49 KB, 615x442
>>342210219
>he was basically the Vegeta to Sonic's Goku
>with Za Warudo time manipulation chaos powers to boot
>and a """"dark"""" backstory
>you could play as the bad guys in a Sonic game of all things
He has all the makings of the quintessential shonen anti-hero/rival, and he actually WASN'T too bad a character in SA2 - he reached peak shittyness in Shadow and 06, which condemned his character to edgy meme status for good. I don't think it's that unreasonable that kids liked Shadow back when he was actually introduced.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.