[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>see the gameplay trailer at E3 >looks better than everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (285 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
285 KB, 3000x2250
>see the gameplay trailer at E3
>looks better than everything they've shown so far
>actually get hyped for a game for once
>look up the actual gameplay which apparently has been live for almost a fucking year
>it's a shitty rogue-like
what's her name, /v/?
>>
god damn it
>>
>>342204534
>Just watched the trailer
This looks fucking sick.

>Just watched the gameplay because of this thread.
Wow, it sucks.
>>
>>342204534
>it's a shitty roguelike
you mean
>it's just another fucking early access survival game
jesus goddamn christ, why? why ruin your setting with the worst fucking type of gameplay on the planet?

devs like these should just stop making games
>>
>>342204747
Its gonna look a lot better dad just saying
>>
>>342204849
it doesn't matter how good it looks if the gameplay isn't worth your time
>>
>>342204534
A lot can change in a year. Although this does look like shit, looking at the gameplay from then.

IGN released some gameplay footage, although I'd take it with a grain of salt, because it's E3 - they're going to showcase a vertical slice. But, I guess you can see how they've progressed since then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANLdeeVZ8Vw
>>
>Get past the gate into the second part of the island.
>Walk 5 feet with NPCs attacking you.
>LOADING SCREEN OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE.

Yikes.
>>
>>342204957
>A lot can change in a year.
And the chances of that change being the game's genre to one that isn't utter shit is practically zero percent
>>
>>342204957
i have been following this game for a long time and they have really fixed up the game im loving this
>>
>>342205625
That's true.
>>
>>342204957
Question - does this video have shit loads of screen tearing in for anyone else?

Every time I've seen this demo it's like v-sync isn't on
>>
>>342206014
No shit dick head
>>
>>342204534

i was so hyped for this game.

then i saw the combat and crafting.

fucking why?
>>
The trailer at the MS conference made this look like it was going to be a linear game like Bioshock and I was hyped, but now I see its some shitty survival crafting game? The fuck???

Also the environments look like shit. I didn't think it was going to be post-apoc shit.
>>
Dunno what you guys expected, they described it from the get-go as "procedural".

There has yet to be a game that proves that you can indeed apply what made Spelunky great to a 3D environment.
>>
>>342206363
that's just one part of the map where all the downers go
the town has more colors and all the works
>>
>trailer comes up at e3
>everyone freaks out thinking its a bioshock
>>
>>342206046
>>
>Original IP
>/v/ hates it
Gee what a surprise. You faggots only play sequels that milk nostalgia.
>>
>>342206617
You're cute.
>>
>>342204534
how is it a rogue-like?

it looks like a bioshock clone in every way
>>
>>342206617
Except everyone here is saying that the IP itself looks cool, but it's ruined with shitty, shitty gameplay.
>>
>>342206824
You faggots are literally mad it's not just a Bioshock clone.
>>
if they add guns and better stealth mechanic it can be saved
>>
I thought The Division looked liked a mildly interesting diversion until I found it was a Destiny clone made by Ubisoft. My interest dwindled in record time.
>>
>>342206897
No, I'm mad it's not ANYTHING ELSE other than an early access survival game.
>>
>>342206992
The easiest way to ruin a game is to add numbers and stats onto everything.
>>
File: darkmoon.jpg (49 KB, 585x675) Image search: [Google]
darkmoon.jpg
49 KB, 585x675
>>342206897
>How dare people not like a certain genre of game when they were expecting one they like.
>>
>>342206821
>The map, and your start, resets and randomizes on every death
>You have to try to sneak around taking as little joy as possible, while trying to escape without being caught.
>You will need food and drink otherwise you start to act in ways that make people figure you out.
>You can't go too long without joy, otherwise you'll 'react' towards events that will mark you.
>Take too much joy and game over
>Get caught and game over
>Fighting is at best a diversion, as you can't really win anyway, only stun them for a few to keep running.
>>
File: 1465374223315.gif (2 MB, 244x194) Image search: [Google]
1465374223315.gif
2 MB, 244x194
the trailer looked like walking simulator shit and we didn't see a lick of combat or puzzles or anything

even if you don't like the survival early access procedural generated shit (and I don't blame you if you don't like it) you can't have been excited by the E3 trailer
>>
>>342206897
I admit that Bioshock-styled first-person adventure would suit it, but I would be fine with most things. But being survival with random-generated content isn't my thing at all.
>>
>>342207272
Maybe some people do like adventure games?
>>
>>342204957
There is no way they'd remake the game of what everyone is expecting of it to be a 'bioshock' game in a year.
>>
>>342207272
There are no combat and there are no puzzles. It's a stealth game where you can't really fight back, with survival elements tacked on because it's been what's hip ever since DayZ
>>
>>342204957
Hitler
>>
>>342207272
Sometimes I just like a good story man. I was hoping for a good adventure game with puzzles even if we didn't see any, but I'd have been happy with a walking simulator. I can be entertained by an interactive story, even if I won't call them games.

But procedurally generated survival?

That just means that the gameplay is going to be boring, repetitive shit, that you need to keep doing. At least the bad gameplay of the average walking simulator is unobtrusive because, frankly, there's hardly any gameplay at all. But survival games? Oh no. You've got to keep doing the same shit over and over, because if you don't you die. You've got to keep up the monotony or you get punished.

I honestly want to say survival is a meme genre. It's like a fucking rickroll at this point. "Oh boy I can't wait to see what this interesting game is like! I'll watch this gameplay video!"
Cue Rick Astley singing about harvesting berries, chopping trees, crafting supplies, and sleeping.
"Oh, well maybe this OTHER game?"
Rick Astley singing about a fucking disease mechanic in this game and how if you make a weapon out of rusty materials there's a dice roll to see if you nick a finger during the crafting and develop tetanus.
And one poor motherfucker watching all the games around him turn into some Agent Smith-esque abomination that spreads like a virus.
>>
File: 8717961.jpg (25 KB, 210x210) Image search: [Google]
8717961.jpg
25 KB, 210x210
>tfw i knew what the gameplay was a long time ago
>tfw i still going to play the shit out of this game
feels great man
>>
>>342209695
Help an anon out, any hint to sauce?
>>
I lost all interest in this game.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.