[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WEISS YOU DUMBASS! Let's have a comfy Nier/Drakengard thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11
File: screechingsally.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
screechingsally.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
WEISS YOU DUMBASS!
Let's have a comfy Nier/Drakengard thread. Who else excited for Automata?
>>
pretty excited so far. hopefully the soundtrack is as good as the first nier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAWvCybz4c0
>>
>>342198584
From what we have so far it seems really good. Kinda iffy on that song by J'nique though.
>>
Why did WCS turning everyone into salt people cause Shinjuku to become covered in salt and as cold as winter?
>>
>>342198372
am i just bad or is Drakengard 1 really fucking hard?
>>
File: Dod3-centaur.jpg (346 KB, 1200x985) Image search: [Google]
Dod3-centaur.jpg
346 KB, 1200x985
I'm playing through Drakengard 3 right now.
This centaur and these missions where you have to use the fist to fist combat is driving me insane.
>>
>>342198772
The movement is incredibly awkward so later levels it becomes incredibly difficult to dodge attacks
>>
>>342198772
drakengard 1's gameplay is atrocious, i mean, i'm a pretty patient guy when it comes to bad gameplay but it's one of the first games to really annoy me to a point where i considered dropping it. it could be said that it's part of the experience but i'm not so sure about that
>>
>>342199380
Dragon combat feels best in Drakengard 1 though, also does anyone have that image that lists all the sidequests worth doing in Nier?
>>
Do i have to play Drakengard 1-3 to get Nier's plot?
>>
>>342198372
we fucking Touhou now.
>>
>>342199796
No, there's a few references you'll miss i didn't even recognize them and i've played Drakengard and the E ending in Drakengard caused Nier, but you would never find that out until you dug into the Nier side materials
>>
>>342199796
The first one ties into NieR, but you wouldn't be lost if you haven't played it.
>>
>>342198372
>Devs are japanese, pronounce it "otto-MATA"
>E3 reporters think they made the word up, pronounce it the same way

Automata, the plural of automaton. I pronounce it "Ahtomma-TA."

Am I on crack or does everyone else have this one wrong?
>>
>>342200194
Is that bear just taking a piss
>>
>>342200194
I pronounce it the way you do, pretty sure i've heard it spoken that way in games to
>>
>>342200194
Auto-mata

Like akuna-matata
>>
>>342200194
Pretty sue the way you're saying it is accurate, but who knows Yoko Taro is a fucking nutjob maybe he's saying it like that intentionally.
>>
>>342198975
Also mid-playthrough of Drakengard 3, I'm really not feeling it so far. Between the horrendous FPS dips and annoying disciples I'm not sure what to think.
>>
>>342200194
there's nothing worse than weebs imitating japanese mispronouncing English, or any other language for that matter.
>>
>>342198772
It's hard because of the controls. Later levels are going to drive you insane. Especially when you can't use your Dragon.
>>
>>342201195
God fighting those giant babies was annoying as fuck
And fighting Angelus
The most bullshit fight of the entire game
>>
File: dsfasdfdsf.jpg (142 KB, 705x756) Image search: [Google]
dsfasdfdsf.jpg
142 KB, 705x756
So whats the fucking play order of these games? Also where does Drakengard fit into Nier and how are they connected?
>>
>>342200586
Do you pronounce automaton as "otto-matt-on?"

God that seems unpleasant to say aloud. Almost as bad as "Horse Snorkels."
>>
>>342201270
Any map with tons of red colored enemies is fucking bullshit because they reflect magic balls at you if you use magic or fire breath.
>>
>>342201395
Auto-mah-ta
>>
>>342201393
I'm 100% certain it doesn't even matter
>>
>>342201393
Realistically you can play Nier without knowing a single thing about Drakengard because while ending E of Drakengard caused Nier you'll never know that until you read up on the side materials released for Nier
>>
>>342201448
the only order I would adhere to is playing drakengard 2 after 1
>>
>>342201393
Just play nier. Playing the other is anywhere between eh to fuck this shit. Even nier is meh. If you want the story just read the wiki or watch on jewtube.
>>
>>342201393
the connection between Nier and Drakengard is barely even mentioned throughout the entire game.
Just play Nier.
>>
>>342201393
Don't even worry about Drakengard 2. The rest can be played in any order. After Nier you'd need to read Grimoire Nier though to understand its lore.
>>
File: comfy caim.png (82 KB, 252x246) Image search: [Google]
comfy caim.png
82 KB, 252x246
I hope we get a mecha Caim boss
>>
when does Drakengard 1's story get crazy? I just started chapter 4 and it's been okay I guess, starting to get tired of the slog though.
>>
>>342200871
I felt the same way but I ended up really liking it in the end.
That said, I bought and played through all the DLC and also read the prequel novellas, they provide a lot of characterization and background context that is sorely missing from the main game
>>
File: drakengard.jpg (6 KB, 253x164) Image search: [Google]
drakengard.jpg
6 KB, 253x164
>>342202997
i thought it picked up after the first ending actually. But uh, it was crazy from the start imo.
>>
>>342203150
I dunno giant cyclops things resulting in the battlefield getting nuked and zombies coming out of the ground seems pretty crazy
>>
>>342198975
>>342200871

It's pretty mediocre overall with a few inspired moments and really isn't good enough for the repetition involved. I gave up on the final boss after too much bullshit, but just fighting that boss was worth the journey to get there.
>>
File: tumblr_nw17v7EpzW1tlb56zo1_500.gif (2 MB, 471x279) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw17v7EpzW1tlb56zo1_500.gif
2 MB, 471x279
>>342203541
for what its worth drakengard 3 a game that felt good to beat but not to play. I cannot explain it. Though some of the money grinding had its moments? idk this better be the last game with gameplay compromises
>>
>>342203762
If the frame rate in D3 wasn't absolute ass I don't think it would be that bad
>>
PewDiePie is going to make this Normie bait.
He's going to make fat cash off of selling how COOKY Yoko Taro is to normals.

He's going to ruin any intelligent discussion.
He's going to make you into the next Call of Duty and there's nothing you can do to stop him

CRY
LAMENT
SCREAM

YOUR HIPSTER SHIT SHALL DIE A MEDIOCRE DEATH WHERE YOU'LL SEE THEM SELLING EMIL FACE T-SHIRTS AT HOTTOPIC AND MASSIVE VIDEOS DONE BY ALL THE VIDEO GAME "LORE" MASTERS TELLING YOU HOW GOOD AND WELL DESIGNED AND INNOVATIVE TARO'S GAMES ARE
>>
>>342198772
Only if you're using shit weapons really
Swordbreaker and that katana that ended up in Nier are enough to break the game
>>
>>342204010
>yoko taro games become popular
>suddenly yoko taro notices this
>makes the most self destructive game ever, turning away all normies

it would be glorious
>>
>>342198584
I don't really like that second deep voice. I mean I do like it for the boss fight, theme is absolutely great but I don't think I'll listen to it outside the game like Nier's OST.
>>
>>342204010
Are platinum games really that popular?
>>
>>342204143
>Intentional framerate drops
>Exceeding Donte levels of edge
>Intentional horseshit hitboxes and broken game design
I can't fucking wait.
>>
>>342204389
Not really
They never sell that well
>>
File: 1461091457479.jpg (40 KB, 720x694) Image search: [Google]
1461091457479.jpg
40 KB, 720x694
>>342204010
it's already started
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5ynpA5rGEo
>>
>>342198697
The salt was from the Queen disintegrating, the rest is from all the deaths due to WCS
>>
>>342204389
No, he's only saying that because PewDiePie recently started shilling Bayonetta 2. People are assuming that he's going to start shilling Platinum games, which means Nier Automata will be open game.

Hell, all the PDP has to do is sell people are Yoko Taro's silliness by making them aware of a guy who does interviews as a sock puppet or wearing a giant smiling skull mask.

He can easily sell Yoko Taro as a spectacle
>>
>>342204541
But from the time the queen disintegrated to when you first get control of Nier in the abandoned super market years have passed.
Were they not able to clean up all the salt from the Queen in the few years that that happened?
>>
>>342204949
Get out cancer
>>
>>342204735
They've got Legion to worry about, who is gonna sit around cleaning up Tokyo when its full of Legeion and shades trying to kill everything
>>
>>342204735
I think they tried nuking the queen or something like that to stop the outbreak.

All that did was scatter salt all around the world and in the atmosphere and stuff though, made it impossible to contain
>>
File: 2015-06-16_1821351.jpg (159 KB, 846x465) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-16_1821351.jpg
159 KB, 846x465
>>342204010
I feel indifferent, because nothing will change.
I have always enjoyed Taro's games as they should be enjoyed, in solitude and crippling depression.
If it reaches larger demographic through LPers and the like, the sheer amount of my personal mental anguish will make it even sweeter to play.
>>
File: Thor's hammer.png (126 KB, 425x308) Image search: [Google]
Thor's hammer.png
126 KB, 425x308
>>342204735
Play the fucking game.
Read the fucking Grimoire Nier
Listen to the Audio Dramas.

You'll understand why. Or wait for someone to spoonfeed you.
>>
>>342205023
They didn't nuke her, JSDF just ground her into dust with missiles and recovered Angelus' corpse for study.
And WCS initially spread only to Shinjuku area, which was contained by erecting a huge fucking wall around it. WCS by itself wasn't that deadly, but it was the cause for Red Eye Disease, which was spreading through yet unknown ways. Initially it just made people go berserk, but over time militia brigades and researchers on the other side of Wall of Jericho started mutating into salt monsters and eventually amalgamated into huge creatures that just broke the wall down.
>>
>>342205209
I have played the games and read Grimoire Nier
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsBX6FWJcNk

Why is this song and it's variants so perfect? I really hope Automata has a comfy town like Nier's village when you start.
>>
>>342200871
Congratulations, you fell for Drakengard meme. These games are awful. Especially DoD3. Shitty gameplay, awful framerate, generic anime story, grinding - there's absolutely nothing redeeming about this game.
>b-but muh dialogs about sex!
Yeah, fuck off.
>>
>>342205454
They didn't nuke the Queen but they did nuke the red eye legion, causing the outbreak of WCS globally
>>
File: 1-legion.jpg (127 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1-legion.jpg
127 KB, 640x480
>>
>>342205753
It's not really explained as to how the world pandemic started, because after the nuclear strike, shinjuku was confirmed to be free from Legion. There's still an issue of US taking some Legion corpses away for study, so it could be actually a US plan to just fuck up Asia that got out of control.
>>
>>342200194
It's pronounced ohtomata.
Fucking english speakers only.
>>
So do we know anything about how Automata connects to the first Nier yet? Besides taking place in the same world and featuring Emil?
>>
>>342206051
It could be a post Space War tie-in. After all, Emil did make a fuckton of his own clones and forgot to merge back, and Nier:Automata enemies bear some resemblance to his skull head. It could be the "rise of the machines" which is in the premise for Automata. It's even explicitly stated in drama CD that Emil started customizing his body with mechanical parts, starting to look like less of a skeleton and more of a robot.
>>
>>342205969
It IS explained. The Nukes didn't destroy the Maso, it merely scattered it into the atmosphere which is why the Legion broke out all over the world.

Fuck man, this is basic stuff. That was the whole point of the Gestalt/Replicant project in that since they couldn't destroy Maso, they needed a way to preserve humanity while they left androids active to gather all the Maso and transport it to an alternate dimension.
>>
>>342205564
Hey, we never said they weren't awful. We just think they're amazing. As in "we are amazed by their existence."
>>
>>342200194
I pronounce it the same way as the japs do. Pronouncing it like the whities messes up my tongue.
>>
>>342206602
Yea that's what I
>>342205023
Was thinking of, just fucked up a lot of the details. Been years since I've read the side material, gonna have to go back through everything when I do a pre release play through.

On another note, guys think magic (besides Emil) would still be floating around?? Whether it's moon humans with weapon research, or possibly even red eye legion??
>>
>>342200194
You're right, but otto-motta and oughta-motta roll off the tongue easier and sound more natural and that's probably why people use them.
>>
>>342200194
it's latin
that why the neutral plural form ends with -a instead of -s

eg. datum data
automaton automata

the au diphthong is read as "o"
>>
>>342207125
>red eye legion
The game is set post-Nier. Legion was eradicated thousands of years ago.
>magic would still be floating around??
There is no magic. Even "magic" in Nier is the result of crazy advanced technology. Only true magic was in Drakengard, and it usually either some folklore creature involvement, like fairies, dragons and spirits, or Watcher intervention, like in case of DoD3 Intoners.
>>
>>342204992
>Legion tearing apart innocent civilians and self defense force troops alike
>entire town in shambles
>but Hiro the janitor still sweeps the floor in front of the shopping mall because it's the only life he has ever known
>The Legion become terrified of his resolve to do menial wageslave labor in the midst of the apocalypse and give him a wide berth
>>
>>342207125
Everything runs on magic, they reverse engineered their own form of it and weaponized it, although I'm sure many other uses of it were created. Humanity basically had one last major tech boom before civilization collapsing entirely.
>>
>>342205829
I recognize Red Eye's pose.

I'd be pissed too if my carefully upgraded and maintained weapon collection got scattered to the winds.
>>
>>342204408
Well, we already know for a fact he wants to have a boss that fucks with the game's framerate, so I'd imagine he'd have no issues with doing a boss that has intentionally horrible hitboxes and what not. Not to imagine the other weird shit he likely has planned for the game.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.