[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God Of War PS4/IV/A new beginning theories and guessing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: kratos-god-of-war-ps4.jpg (44 KB, 620x377) Image search: [Google]
kratos-god-of-war-ps4.jpg
44 KB, 620x377
So
How did Kratos get from Greece to Germanic Europe/Scandinavia?
How old do you think he is?
How do you think they'll explain Norse gods and Greek gods existing at the same time?
Is Kratos a full god, demigod, or full mortal now?
What of his son?
Is he really Kratos' son? If not who's do you think he is? What happen to his mom?
If he is Kratos' son, why does it appear that they don't know each other very well? Did Kratos knock her up and leave? Where was Kratos?
Is it just me or does Kratos look a little more caucasion? I would say whiter, but Kratos is literally white, and I don't want to start an argument over whether Greeks are white/ Maybe its the clothes, the setting, and his beard being brownish instead of black like the last games.
Why is his beard browner?
Do you think it will be a straight 3 part saga literal saga this time because its norse, or do you think it will have little hold-you-over games in between like the last saga.
Will Kratos be against the Norse gods or just avoiding the Norse gods?
Who do you think will be the bad guy/girl?
Do you think Kratos told his new family his true past and identity and family, or do you think he came as an immigrant and left it at that?
Do you think they'll make yet another saga? If so, which mythology next?
Any special celebrities you want to see in it?
Just like Kevin Sorbo and Harry Hamlin voiced Hercules and Perseus respectively in God of War as the roles they played in their TV shows and movies, do you think Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Anthony Hopkins as Odin or King Hrothgar, Ray Winstone as Beowulf, or Tom Hiddleston as Loki?
>>
>>342191967
>beowulf done by winstone.
Fuck man, id seriously day 1 purchase for that alone. I loved seeing the behind the scenes for 3, seeing sorbo do hercules again tickled a nostalgic fancy. It was neat to know malcim mcdowell was tough to work with a little.
>>
>>342191967
>greek
>white

anon pls
>>
I don't think this is "Kratos" as in greek Kratos. Though it did bother me that the special attack was still called "Rage of Sparta" so this leads me to believe that it's somehow the spirit of OG Kratos.
>>
>>342191967
Probably got taken to Valhalla after dying. Amusing that the only thing that could him was himself.
Does it matter? If you're wondering how much time has passed, I haven't a clue. Probably a few decades at least.
Maybe they don't and Kratos becomes the base for Norse myth.
I would assume demi, at least, since he is Zeus' son, but who knows, Barlog hasn't been particularly consistent in the past.
Dunno
They seem to know each other fine. Boy/Sir just sounds like Kratos is hyper strict, unsurprisingly.
It's probably the beard being so big (hipsterish even), maybe just slight tweaks to the face in the model from the upgrade over hardware. Nose seems more narrow for instance.
I could argue that we aren't all black haired or that our hair/skin tone changes a bit depending on sun exposure, but it's probably just SSM being inconsistent. I doubt they're so subtle or thorough.
If it sells gang busters it will, even if it wasn't planned to be.
Story is supposed to be in part about Kratos learning to control his anger, so Loki seems like a sensible choice, though maybe they're not even around yet. Who knows.
Doubt it, he supposedly wants a new start.
Money talks.
Maybe an actual Greek actor? Tad late for that though, eh? I don't really care. It's VA, it can be Quasimodo for all I care. Delivery is more important.
>>
>>342195519
I just watched the interview with the director
He confirmed that it is Kratos, its a direct sequel to 3, it is his kid, Kratos is a God/demigod still, Kratos is middleaged, all mytholigies exist at the same time, they are just separated by geographical regions.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/06/15/god-of-war-gameplay-showcase-ign-live-e3-2016
>>
kratos killed himself, since hades no longer existed his soul just wandered
many years earlier he knocked up some bitch who pooped out a baby in a far off land
that child is now alone for some reason, kratos learns of this and feels responsibility for his bastard son. so he returns to the world of the living to raise him
>>
>>342195917
Well that sounds like a load of bullshit
>>
Is Beowulf even nordic?
isn't it english?
>>
>>342196056
Watch it
Barlog
Confirms everything.
All mythologies exist at the same time
Repeatedly says Kratos is a god and Demigod
Says his kid is half god
Says it is not a reboot
You will not ride a dargon
>>
>>342195776
>They seem to know each other fine. Boy/Sir just sounds like Kratos is hyper strict, unsurprisingly.
I think he meant more about Kratos not knowing what the mom had taught him and what his current skill level is. It implies he just showed up recently when the mom died/left.
I bet Kratos doesn't know how to deal with boys in a non-spartan way, shoulda been born a delicate grill to get his love the easy way.
>>
>>342196248
Yes-ish
Its so old that it existed during Norse times
And the character Beowulf hails from sweden.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beowulf
>>
I honestly believe that this "Kratos" we're seeing is not Kratos at all but instead his father, the boy is actually Kratos. If not, then Kratos is training a successor
>>
>>342196342
I believe it, but I just think it's bullshit. I was hoping it was some sort of reebot SET in the same universe and somehow this was a reincarnation of Kratos considering his tattoo was different and he was supposed to be dead
>>
>>342196648
You are retarded
See
http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/06/15/god-of-war-gameplay-showcase-ign-live-e3-2016
>>
>>342196712
How is his tattoo different?
>>
>>342196856
No yeah it's the same, well his voice was a big sign of change, wich I don't know why they wuold change since TC Carson did a pretty good job and had good range for Kratos (see Ascension), though this new voice is fine too
>>
>>342195917
Wait WHAT? Are you fucking kidding me? ALL MYTHOLOGIES EXIST AT THE SAME GOD DAMN TIME EXCEPT THEY ONLY EXIST IN THEIR OWN PARTS OF THE WORLD?

How does that even work out? If Zeus was an all powerful God in Greece then is he fucking worthless say he decides to travel to the norse countries? Does Thor only rule in fucking sweden yet gets laughed at if he were to ever venture to Greece? What about the egyptian gods? The Indian gods? The Japanese Gods? What about fucking God himself? Does he only rule in Italy and turns into some old bearded guy if he were ever to venture to Japan for some Sushi? How does any of this work? You mean to tell me that Krato's entire venture to completely annihilate an entire mythology was was just a sideshow compared to the other fucking hundreds of godly characters in human lore? What about the whole Krato's causing the end of the world and killing the sun, flooding the seas, bringing death to all plants, unleashing souls from the after life etc. Did all this stuff just happen in Greece?

I don't mind anything other than this simple plothole. Everything else is fine by me but HOW THE FUCK can they explain this? I assumed that the Norse mythology had taken over or just had their time to shine after the greek mythology got btfo by Kratos. I thought it was a way to show that time was somehow moving forward from the ancient Greek mythology to Norse mythology. But they're telling us that Kratos just took a fucking vacation to sweden/denmark and entered the lands of Odin, Loki and Thor?
>>
Don't know

Don't care

Franchise ruined
>>
>>342196487
Ah, sharp. Well, I imagine Kratos wasn't home that much, and Spartan home life was set up in such a way that it isn't that surprising.
>>
>>342197261
I barely read through half your autist rage, I'm pretty sure all gods keep their supremacy and power, they just don't have reign over the people in other areas.
>>
>>342191967
>How old do you think he is?
Why does he age, in the first place? Didn't he become a literal god of war?
>>
>>342197261
Yeah, it bothers me too, should've been set in the same universe or many centuries/decades later or something, or better yet, an alternate universe/ dimension where the spirit f the original Kratos (the greek one) manifested (or manifests) itself upon a worthy vessel when the gods of the age have gone to far or something like that
>>
>>342197454
Good job ignoring the fact that Kratos literally destroyed the world in 3, I mean come one, how do you explain the fact that killing Apollo fucked over the sun ONLY in Greece?
>>
God Of War 4 theory: They turned it into a Babysitter of war simulator, in which you carry some manlet around for the whole entire game so they could try to satisfy the crybaby feminists that hated to see consensual sex scenes that men enjoyed.
Now instead of a hyped action packed masculine adventure. We get our hero Kratos being treated as an old fuck (even though Gods are suppose to be immortal) just to show us that Kratos = our symbol of masculinity = now old = masculinity is old fashioned, GET WITH THE TIMES ITS 2016 AND YOUR PENIS DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE, BOW DOWN TO YOUR NEW FEMININE OVERLORDS
>>
>>342197775
Well, Helios carries the sun around
Maybe in their world, Heilos carries the sun around then passes the baton to Sunna.

Maybe now Greece in a wasteland.
Or maybe, thats how the Romans conquered Southern Europe.
With the gods dead, Roman Mythology takes over.
>>
>>342197252
probably the same logic of changing big boss. This is an old tired version of the character, he's seen some shit and wants no part of it anymore
>>
>>342198175
Director literally said
"You will not have to babysit him, he is their to support you 100%"
>>
File: 1431530400027.jpg (32 KB, 640x497) Image search: [Google]
1431530400027.jpg
32 KB, 640x497
>How did Kratos get from Greece to Scandinavia?
Sailed, probably, considering the huge fuck off Poseidon flood and all that. Then walked when he found land.

>How old do you think he is?
Does age matter to demigods?

>Hold do you think they'll explain Norse gods and Greek gods existing at the same time?
Different gods hold dominion over different areas.

>Is Kratos a full god, demigod, or full mortal now?
Probably demi, considering who his dad is.

>What of his son?
Quarter?

>Is he really Kratos' son? If not who's do you think he is? What happen to his mom?
Probably his son, ma probably got fucked up by some monster/god or just got sicked and passed on.

>If he is Kratos' son, why does it appear that they don't know each other very well? Did Kratos knock her up and leave? Where was Kratos?
Kratos would probably be a very distant father. Maybe he was off fighting monsters to protect his new home?

>Is it just me or does Kratos look a little more caucasion? I would say whiter, but Kratos is literally white, and I don't want to start an argument over whether Greeks are white/ Maybe its the clothes, the setting, and his beard being brownish instead of black like the last games.

Probably because he's less cartoony now.
>>
It would have worked really well if they simply argued the Norse myth era followed. Though it doesn't work from a archaeological perspective. Kratos brings an end to the heroic age by killing everything, the sun sinks the seas flood plunging the world into an ice age, that matches quite well with the Norse myth. Kratos being a demigod gets carried off to Elysium (an Elysium, aka Valhalla), and new gods begin to rise, taking over old jobs of the prior one. Overtime Kratos tries to move on and things go from there. I'm sure a bunch of other world creation / setup in Norse myth could be explained by the insanity Kratos wrought when killing everything in sight.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.