[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I picked up Dragon Quest 8 today after dropping it sometime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
So I picked up Dragon Quest 8 today after dropping it sometime ago. And after remembering how comfy the game was I began to feel kinda shitty...

Because this 3ds port is gonna be ass. And the game doesn't deserve that. It has such beatiful art, graphics and music. And the 3ds isn't capable of doing it justice.

Dragon Quest thread I guess
>>
>>342190780

>Because this 3ds port is gonna be ass

I've played it already.

- Shittier graphics
- Some censorship
- Two new characters, who are both great
- Two new dungeons, though one is just a series of buffed up bosses
- Auto maps for all but one dungeon
- On screen encounters
- Instant alchemy
- Save anywhere
- Picture sidequest
- New SS rank in the arena
- Can see how much EXP you need to level up in the menu
- New costumes

Probably forgetting some stuff.
>>
File: 0384858993.png (111 KB, 301x376) Image search: [Google]
0384858993.png
111 KB, 301x376
>>342191423
seems as bad as I thought
>>
>>342191704

Ah, you're one of those. In that case, it'll be utter shit for you. Enjoy the PS2 version.
>>
>>342190780
>expecting a mobile version to have better graphics
>>
>>342191423
Was the music the same as the US PS2 version or did it sound super compressed?

Most of the other stuff sounds pretty cool though
>>
>>342191957
One would expect a port of a game from 2004 onto a handheld system in 2016 would at least look the same.
>>
>>342191815
You mean the 4k emulated version?
>>
>No cd quality orchestrated music
Yea nah. And worse graphics too. Dragon Quest 8 NA is already perfect.
>>
>>342193815

I actually haven't played the PS2 version, but I have listened to some of its soundtrack and it sounds pretty good in DQ VIII 3DS.

>>342194314

>Localized by Plus Alpha
>Perfect

Ha.
>>
>>342194079
On a handheld system from 2010, to be fair. The difference in technology isn't that big.
>>
>>342194079
Well the system itself came out in 2011 and is weak as shit.
>>
>>342191423
Are you the same person everytime with this list? I want to believe more than 15 DQ fans exist on this board.
>>
>>342190780
>>342191423
Fucking called it

Don't get me wrong, I love DQ8. But we already have screens of it, plus we already know 3ds can't do console ports.
>>
>>342195556
>Fucking called it
Game has been out for almost a year, we already know almost everything.
>>
>>342195370

I don't know. I created it months ago and I've posted it now and then when I feel it would be useful. Not sure if anyone else posts it while I'm not around.
>>
>>342195556
The 3DS port of Tales of the Abyss was bretty gud, it was a 1:1 port and it didn't look that terrible for being 240p or whatever.
>>
>>342194653
shoulda been put on the vita instead.
>>
Is Dragon Quest VII 3ds going to have a physical release in the states?
>>
>>342196898

They were listed as physical on Amazon I think, but those pages disappeared not long ago. Not sure if they're back or not.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.