[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just realized something. If M rated games had nudity, any nudity,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: attention whore.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
attention whore.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
I just realized something. If M rated games had nudity, any nudity, it would keeps the kids away from the game. Not because it would scare them but idiot parents don't want them kids seeing it even though they think violence is okay. If you want to filter out kids in your multiplayer shooter you just need to have scenes with topless women somewhere in the game. When I was underage I could have any M rated game I want even 'Devil' May Cry(my parents were retarded Christians) but I could get God of War or GTA because of sex.

What do you think /v/?
>>
Dante's Inferno had uncensored floppy dicks.
>>
But they don't put nudity into those games so that parents buy them for their kids.

Kids literally want to play games rated M to show how mature they are.
>>
>>342188370

Why would developers want less money?
>>
>>342188370
Do publishers actually target kids with their M rated games? I have always suspected but is there any proof?
>>
>>342188746
Why would devs pander to an audience they know gives no fucks about buying their game? Devs are stupid anon, just because they make your computer games don't make them smartie pants.
>>
just make a scene where it's a back massage but add loud moaning.
>>
back in the day, games didn't even have ratings, mostly because devs self-censored their stuff for kids anway

then mortal kombat came and angry soccermoms everywhere (the 90's equivalent of sjws in games) went up in arms and demanded kids to be protected from that shit

i'm not sure what the lasting effect of sjws will have on this generation. Possibly trigger warning ratings? who knows
>>
>>342190319
SJWs don't have the potential for as much impact for a few reasons. The biggest being that most of them are young. As a result, few of them make a lot of money or have kids. The former is the key to getting stuff done and the latter is a powerful motivator for radical decision making.

Angry moms are a force to be reckoned with because many of them are crazy about keeping their kids safe, have lots of money because their husband lets them manage the checkbook, and have lots of free time because they stay at home instead of working.
>>
>>342188370

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas was the best selling game among kids precisely because it had a hidden sex scene.
>>
>>342191391
There's quite a few trust fund kiddies out there.
>>
Sex is more disgusting then murder. On one hand you have a random sporadic mutating pulsating mass randomly spreading onward on the other you have peace and quiet.
>>
>>342188370
That only works in America.
In most of the european countries it's the opposite: nothing wrong with the beuaty of the human body, but don't show blood and gore. Which actually makes sense.
>>
GTAV has a sex scene and bare breasts and is played by 90% 8 year olds online
>>
>>342194608
But Dynasty Warriors, which has no blood and gore and very low impact cartoony violence, is 16+ in the UK. And you have to be an adult to buy water guns. That doesn't make any sense m8 you guys are too far the other way.
>>
You are assuming both that studios don't want to appeal to the widest audience possible and that most kids aren't able to play M rated games.

Both wrong.
>>
>>342194608
Which is why Europe is literally filled with nigger cucks who will be overrun by a cancerous brown mass. You value life over true love.
>>
File: 2652006-7638439501-fIqy7[1].jpg (54 KB, 960x900) Image search: [Google]
2652006-7638439501-fIqy7[1].jpg
54 KB, 960x900
>>342194608
>Which actually makes sense
>>
>>342195020
You have terrible reading comprehension
>>
>>342194993
are guys just going to keep bringing this up everytime someone mentions theyre from europe?
>>
>>342188370
>If M rated games had nudity, any nudity, it would keeps the kids away from the game
Witcher 3 winning GOTY proves this wrong.
>>
>>342195208
Yes until you stand up for yourselves, if there's anything to stand up for.
>>
>>342195194
You have terrible reading comprehension
i was agreeing with him
>>
>>342195194

>reading comprehension

Not him but is this a new buzzword?
>>
>>342195413
You have terrible greentexting comprehension
>>
>>342188370
You are failing to take into account how few parents actually do any level of parenting towards their kids. For some parents, after the kids hit kindergarten raising them is someone else's responsibility, namely teachers, and any involvement the parents themselves have after that is limited to getting them stuff so they shut the fuck up for a little while longer. They don't care what that stuff is as long as it shuts them up.
>>
>>342195413
You formatted your post in a way that is typically used to refute points, not agree with them. I had to read it like five times to understand what you were going for.
>>
I couldn't get any game that had blood in it until I was around 14.

Mother still let me have Turok 2 because I could turn the blood off though.
>>
File: adfsdf.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
adfsdf.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>342188370
>my parents were retarded Christians

dumb parents, amirite?

they just don't understand us sophisticated gentlemen.
>>
>>342195413
Disagreement is implied when you greentext and post an image like that. Lurk more.
>>
>>342188370
>but idiot parents don't want them kids seeing it even though they think violence is okay.
Most parents don't care what games are rated.
>>
>>342195645
I'm actually Christian myself, I meant that my parents were retards who happened to be Christians. And I was pointing out how they were okay with a game with 'devil' in the name but not a women showing skin. Don't get your panties in a twist brah.
>>
>>342188936
Absofuckinglutely. It's why Battlefield waited until now to do World War 1.

http://gamerant.com/battlefield-1-ea-kids-world-war-1/

>This is according to EA’s CFO Blake Jorgensen, who admitted as much at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2016 Global Technology Conference. He said, “World War 1, we were worried that many of the younger consumers out there didn’t know that there was a World War 2 or Vietnam, so World War 1…”
>>
>>342195439
It's pretty common actually.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.