[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it possible to get good at fighting games without becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-06-20-2245-46.flv.webm (628 KB, 696x706) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-20-2245-46.flv.webm
628 KB, 696x706
is it possible to get good at fighting games without becoming a NEET and autistic? I feel that you need both properties to gain the necessary knowledge and reactions to perform well in tournaments
>>
>>342187989
Sometimes I get a euphoric feeling when I poop.I think it feels better when I roll my eyes back. I also thought it would be funny if I threw up some peace signs haha. Is that weird?
>>
>>342187989
If that webm is you, you need to be doing your special move much faster. The idea of a cancel is that you do one move during a move, so stop waiting until the cr forward has recovered.
>>
>>342187989
It depends on how you define "good"
Enough to win $$$ at locals with a decent scene? Most likely need Autism
Enough to get ultra bronze or beat your friends? Possible without NEET-dom
>>
>>342187989
SFV has one of the easiest combo systems of a current gen fighter. It doesnt even requiere you to time your inputs properly. Fundamentals, however, are another beast altogether.
>>
File: fug.jpg (153 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
153 KB, 1024x1024
>>342187989
>That one nigga that claims he isn't button mashing
>That one nigga that's african so he gets a +20 stat boost in fighting games
>>
>>342187989
Are you trying to buffer?
If not you should try to incorporate and practice that. Otherwise, it'd be way harder too hit confirm especially from a single button.

I started playing FGs in 2015, but am already gold in sfv from minimal play (I only play sfv for a couple hours on the weekends). Really, you just need to step back and analyze each round (even within rounds) what is working, and what isn't. If he's teching all your throws, shimmy or backdash,
if he's blocking everything, throw. If he's blocking and teching, delay timings or find something else. Also, choose a character you can maximize. Karin is a bit harder, just from just frame shit. Maybe try alex or gief, just to practice neutral, your defense, and condition opponents. Then advance to more complex characters.
>>
>>342187989
you're suppose to do the tenko command when she bends the knee, not when it connects
>>
File: mikeross.png (253 KB, 411x443) Image search: [Google]
mikeross.png
253 KB, 411x443
Can't even dedicate 50 hours into a fighting game, plays dota for 5000 hours just to hit 3k mmr, I hate this gen
>>
>>342190526
>african

nigger get out of /v/ and never come back. we don't want your kind infesting this board
>>
>>342190869
I know that feeling so well
>>
>>342190526
Don't listen to >>342190996, I for one welcome you and your Chocolate American brethren.
>>
>>342190996
this whiteboi really craving black dick aint he
>>
>>342190996
>nigga got beat by the +20 fighting stat boost that mexicans share
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.