[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think is the chances of the NX being powerful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 16
File: nx.png (2 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
nx.png
2 KB, 300x168
What do you guys think is the chances of the NX being powerful enough for third party to want to port their games, have a normal non gimmick default controller, along with having their first party games (I mean all franchises, star fox, f zero, metroid, not just 3 mario games a year)?

Honestly if I could get all third party games+nintendo games, I'd ditch my PS4, but I'm not sure if Nintendo is even going to try to compete with PS4/One
>>
>>342176337
power isn't the only issue though, the gamecube and N64 were powerful relative to their competition and they missed out on tons of multiplatforms

NX's biggest problem will be the install base, if it doesn't sell well quickly, 3rd party developers won't have much of a reason to port games to it.
>>
>>342176826
>power isn't the only issue though, the gamecube and N64 were powerful relative to their competition and they missed out on tons of multiplatforms

Because for the gamecube it lacked a proper online infastructure, it was missing 2 buttons, it didn't have a hard drive port and, most importantly, it's disc were way too small

For N64, cartridges costed a shit ton.
>>
>>342177197
It's not like the PS2 really had a unified online service, it didn't

Gamecube's trouble was definitely disc size but i don't think the controller really mattered all that much. Not nearly as bad as the N64 controller.
>>
>>342176337
It may be powerful enough, but it will have some weird gimmick which prevents easy multiplats.

The gimmick won't be a controller gimmick, even Nintendo must've realized that won't work a third time (hell, it didn't work a second time).

I hope Zelda is successful and convinces them the way to go is having fully realized 1st party titles in their storied franchises. Wii U forsook this and failed because of it.
>>
>>342176826
The game cube was not powerful, anon.

The 64 is the only quality console Nintendo has ever released.

The rest have been gimmick delivery systems.
>>
>>342176337
>Honestly if I could get all third party games+nintendo games, I'd ditch my PS4

Spoken like a true nintencuck
>>
>>342178157
The Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2
>>
>>342176826
Shut up dude.

The issue with the N64 and Gamecube was the specs... the storage specs.

The issue with the Wii and Wii U are the specs... the CPU and GPU specs.

Nintendo needs a normal, power-equivalent system with a normal controller with analog triggers.

With 1st and 2nd party titles, and all the the 3rd party ports, it would destroy the competition.

Well, they also need a real on-line service too.
>>
>>342178456

Oh look a moron
>>
File: tobey-maguire-young.png (342 KB, 456x499) Image search: [Google]
tobey-maguire-young.png
342 KB, 456x499
>>342178157
>The gamecube was not powerful
He never played RE4 for the first time on gamecube.
He never played super mario sunshine
He only played xbox
>>
The NX will have slightly better graphics than the gamecube, because theres been no improvement from wii to wiiu to nx

just face it, nintendo is completely out of the running at this point. You'll buy their shit console for zelda and then forget about it the rest of your life
>>
>>342178456
I never said that the Gamecube and N64 were without their flaws

You also forgot to mention the Wii U does not have a standard hard drive, which both the PS3 and 360 used to mitigate the slow disc drives.

Also the rest of the things you said are easier said than done. Even if the Wii U was more powerful than the PS4, it would need to build an install base quickly because it's a business and 3rd party studios might not support the system if it doesn't get off its feet early.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>>342178157
>>
>>342176826
How come if N64 and gamecube were powerful their games looked worse than sony and microsofts????????????????????????????????? Is this a meme
>>
>>342176337
Having brought a wiiu and barely putting it to use, the NX is a hard sell for me. I literally brought for Sm4sh and LoZ, and sm4sh suck money balls and LoZ not out.

I'm not gonna fucking buy and NX just for LoZ, when I already have a wiiu. I don't care if that shit look 10X better. It just one fucking game and given Nintendo's history, they'll never put out thier big stuff all at once.
>>
>>342176337
Why would you ditch your PS4 even if NX can get ********all******** third party games?.
>>
>>342179295
Check out conker's bad fur day on N64, looks better than anything on the PS1

The original Xbox was definitely the most powerful console of the generation but the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2.
>>
>>342177197
This. If Xbox can still get all the 3rd party support Nintendo can too proceeded they don't fuck it up AGAIN
>>
>f zero, metroid

ah, you're one of THOSE people
>>
>>342178209
How am I a nintencuck? Id consider myself a sonypony if anything but I play mainly multiplats and rarely exclusives
>>
>>342179295
Son i'm just going to tell you now to wait until you're 18 to go on 4chan. You're too young for your brain to be fugged up by this website.
>>
If the Nvidia rumours are true, the NX can wave bye bye to any hope of the nx being "powerful".

Nobody is going to port their games to nvidia hardware.
>>
>>342179337
I bought a used wii u for 150 and have only played smash on it so far. I was gunna get smtxfe because smt is my favourite game series but my god, the censorship on that game makes me not want to buy it, theyre catering to kids when they have no real reason to
>>
The only reason the PS2 was successful was DUUUUUDE CHEAP DVD PLAYER LMAO. I don't want Nintendo to rely in such vulgar tricks; especially not now.
>>
>>342179338
because I dont care for ps4 exclusives that much? the only one I have is bloodborne
>>
>>342179776
And why not?
I can only recall the ps3 using nvidia hardware and the main reason the ps3 was difficult to port for was the Cell processor.
>>
>>342176337
They already said there not focusing on power, so chances are pretty low.
They already pissed off third parties anyways so who knows if they'd even want to port their games over.
>>
>>342179937
Because the rumours are talking about their smartphone cpus.
Good luck with that shit, broham.
>>
>>342179641
I just turned 20 but when I remember playing gamecube it noticeably looked worse than ps2, everything was more pixely
>>
>>342179883
>inb4 NX has a red-ray player
>>
I'm a dev working at a decently sized studio. I'll let everyone know why does avoid Nintendo, the real reason.

They are awful to devs. Their entire dev portal is shit. The only place to talk to other Nintendo devs is through a fucking phpBB forum, and even inside that all conversation is bound by various pointless NDAs.

They offer little to no support and absolutely no inside knowledge. NX launch is 10 months away and less than 10 studios even know about the console specs, no one has hardware. It's retarded.

Nintendo is stuck in the 90s of gamedev and should die for it. But they have so much money and brand power it won't happen. Expect another gen of no third party titles and mediocre hardware. First party games will be fun but still a few years of design in the past as usual.
>>
>>342180339
>Lying in an anonymous imageboard
For shame
>>
>>342180517
What do you want, a screenshot of their shitty dev portal?
>>
>>342180339
My dad used to work for Pizza Hut and he says you're full of shit.
>>
>>342176337
Things Nintendo Needs to Attract Third Partys:

1. NX must at least be on par with either the XboxOne or Sony PS4. At least for awhile as nobody knows how long the plan to release games not only to Neo and Scorpio but to the XboxOne and PS4 will last before we start seeing Scorpio/Neo exclusive titles at which point Nintendo is back in the same boat they are in now with the WiiU.

2. Industry Standard Controls, limited motion controls no waggle, no stupid second screen with touch that no third party could be arsed to incorporate into a port.

3. AMD GCN architecture, a must as both XboxOne and PS4 use versions of that architecture making porting easier

4. Online on par with Xbox Live or PSN

5. Access to the NX dev kit long before the console releases (Nintendo is one of the only companies to withhold its dev kit until it either releases or is revealed.)

6. A strong initial install base (won't attract all Third Parties but it certainly helps)

7. Removal of Restrictive Contracts such as ones which restrict developers to releasing only a certain number of games per year.

and

8. No proprietary media such as cartridges or specialized disks. These drive up prices, restrict space, and add to additional programming considerations.
>>
>>342180556
Yes.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160620-190101.png (436 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160620-190101.png
436 KB, 1080x1920
>>342180686
On my phone. Inb4 this is breaking another dumb NDA. :/
>>
>>342180068
The website reporting that, Semi-Accurate, is saying that the NX handheld is using Tegra chips. Whether the NX is just a handheld, we don't know. It might be.

I'm skeptical of that report because Nvidia has not briefed any of its shareholders of any design wins in that space which they would have to. It also reported that Nvidia was possibly losing money on the deal, which I have a very hard time seeing Nvidia doing.
>>
Slim to nil.

Reggie already admitted as much.
>>
>>342180831
Oh come on. It isn't any different from your average development portal.
You're just way too stupid to understand Nintendo hardware.
>>
>>342180831
????
https://wiiu-developers.nintendo.com/
>>
>>342180975
Reading comprehension, you don't have it.
>>
>>342180838
That kind of deal is something they normally brief to their largest investors in secrecy.
>>
>When asked how Nintendo NX will stack up against Sony and Microsoft's forthcoming hardware revisions—namely PlayStation 4 NEO and Xbox One Scorpio—Fils-Aime told Bloomberg (via Nibel): "For us, it's not about specs, it's not about teraflops, it's not about the horsepower of a particular system. For us, it's about the content."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/16/e3-2016-nintendo-boss-on-nx-for-us-its-not-about-specs

Translation: fuck off third parties, we do what we want.
>>
>>342181039
Add a /site/ to get the login prompt.
>>
>>342180831
This is the Wii U Developer Program. While it is a legit dev portal it's not the same one big companies like Activision or whatever use. I actually applied to the other one an got rejected in like a day lol.

I wanted to port my Unity game to 3ds cause that shit would have been cool.
>>
>>342180620
>Pizza Hurt
Is your dad Reggie?
>>
>>342180975
>Nintendo hardware
Firstly, it's AMD/IBM hardware.

Secondly, it's the Nintendo software that sucks dicks. That's the source of all evil, not the hardware.
>>
>>342181132
>For us, it's about the content

Well, where is it?
>>
>>342181194
I see it, thanks.
>>
>>342181080
Yeah, possibly. I don't know enough about how Nvidia handles their meetings with investors. The report still says that it's the handheld using Nvidia's hardware and that Nvidia is possibly losing money on the deal. It's up to you to decide how much stock to put in it.
>>
>>342181132
>For us, it's about the content."
Is that why they give us so many droughts?
>>
>>342181224
why didnt you apply to this one
>>
>>342181420
Quality > Quantity.

Unlike Sony, Microsoft or Steam, they don't flood their platform with shovelware.
>>
>>342181574
So what they're telling everyone is that they should wait 2-3 years to buy the NX? Interesting.
>>
>>342181574

Which means droughts of several months with nothing to play, just like the WiiU, because only Nintendo bothers to use the system to its full potential and its too hard for third parties to port anything.

You'd think they would have learned by now.
>>
>>342181574
Tell that to Mario Kart 8 owners.
>>
>>342181574
They work on one grand project and release hot garbage to hold you over until that one game comes.
>>
>>342181574
>Quality > Quantity
Is that why Nintendo haven't released a good game since the Wii?
>>
>>342181648
Why would you find that interesting? That's true for any console unless it has a game you absolutely can't wait to play.
>>
>>342181531
Well I wanted 3ds specifically and the Wii U program never mentions it so I wasn't sure.

Although the rejection letter did tell me to apply for that one I never got around to it. Honestly putting out a game that was your entire existence for a little under a year is incredibly stressful. I just didn't feel like trying and getting another rejection letter.

I should try again now though I've had some distance from the dev/release cycle. I've learned to let go a bit heh
>>
File: 87690.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
87690.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>342181828
And then they take that one grand game, make the superior version into a launch title for their new console, and give the current console owners who stuck with them through hard times the shitty version.
Wii U owners got cucked out of the definitive Zelda.
>>
>>342181698
Say what you want about Sony's games but Sony realized with the PS3 what really matters, making a system that 3rd parties will want to use.

If you build a system that is easy to work with you don't even need to release much software yourself, other companies will do it for you.
>>
>>342181917
I know its true, just interesting that they would straight up admit it. Doesn't seem like a good way to get people to buy your system early.
>>
>>342180630
Point 1 won't be possible, because point 3 has been decided against.

AMD's 14nm is top of the line technology now, and their CEO has hinted that deals with them will no longer be cheap as it was in the past.
And that's a turnoff for Nintendo.

So now Nintendo is trying their luck with Nvidia.
>>
>>342176337
>Nintendo
>Third parties.
Pick one.
>>
>>342178010
>It may be powerful enough, but it will have some weird gimmick which prevents easy multiplats.

this. i'd be ok with Nintendo making another "normal" console. a console either without gimmicks, or gimmicks that third parties aren't obligated to use or cater to. like the NES or SNES or whatever.
>>
>>342182076
so we dont know what companys processor the NX is gunna use yet?

>>342181964
It seems like a no brainer to me
>>
>>342181946
I'm pretty sure Breath of the Wild was supposed to be released on the WiiU, but Nintendo panicked when they realized that they had nothing to launch the NX with so they're porting the game as fast as they can while taking hostage the WiiU version.
It's the worst of both worlds; the game may be a NX launch title but it will be held back by the WiiU's hardware.
>>
>>342182332
We do, nvidia has their own lineup of really sucky smartphone CPUs which no smartphone makers want to buy.
>>
>>342179053
Are the trees on the left sprites?
>>
>>342181132

3rd parties who make games without optimizing them don't deserve to be companies.

Then again, gamers buy garbage and the market speaks. Quantity over quality.
>>
>>342182076
>So now Nintendo is trying their luck with Nvidia.
Why do people keep quoting Emily Rogers' stupid rumor?
>>
>>342176337
The fact Zelda is coming to NX, given the Wii U's controls heavily suggests it'll have enough buttons. A gimmick may still be part of the game however.

Define "powerful enough" because even if the system's up there with XBox One Vanilla, it's a fine jump for Nintendo. Even then, something on par or slightly below to what an RX295 can dish out much less an HD7850 is the best you can hope for.

It may not be the best or the latest but it's still better than before.

>inb4tegra
Let's wait until there's hard evidence and not shit Li'l Ms. Fringe reporter claims, hmmm?
>>
File: Wonderfull thumbs up.gif (856 KB, 500x247) Image search: [Google]
Wonderfull thumbs up.gif
856 KB, 500x247
>>342176337
None, third parties won't put games on a Nintendo console because of the power (check Gamecube), they just can't and don't want to compete with Nintendo games.
Wii U launch didn't have many first party games because Nintendo wanted to let third parties have some wide window to release theirs and they used that window to release shit games or later delayed games with no effort and then blamed in Nintendo and used that as an excuse to bail.
The few who actually did a good job are still remembered and praised to this day.
>>
>>342182332
>so we don't know what company's processor the NX is gunna use yet?
There's a pretty limited selection of options regardless of who is supplying the chip set.

It'll be ARM, x86, or PowerPC. If what the other guy is saying is true, that Nvidia is supplying the GPU, it'll be ARM or PowerPC.
>>
>>342182476

Normally I'd agree. But the biggest third parties are companies like EA, Ubisoft, and Activision.

They won't try, and they won't care. They're smug and cocky enough that they think they can ignore Nintendo, because the past has shown that unfortunately, they actually can.

Kind of a catch-22: they can't make good ports, so they don't sell, so they stop trying to make any ports at all.
>>
File: 1426377228676.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1426377228676.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1080
Does Nintendo even need those third parties in the fist place?
As I see it, as long as they release Mario / Zelda / Smash, their fans will support the company. They don't really need to take unnecessary risks.
>>
File: Dancing Grill 2.webm (1 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Dancing Grill 2.webm
1 MB, 640x640
>>342176337
Literally no one cares about the NX or Nintendo anymore. All they want is just the next rehashed Zelda/Mario/insertdeadfranchise here because MUH NOSTALGIA

Nintendo no longer innovates, I mean the last thing they really innovated wasn't even video games, it was toys that retards bought up left and right. They're lucky they had a random console based on a gimmick and a handheld they released 1023847 versions of which printed them money, otherwise they'd be under in today's economy.

People want machines that do everything. Nintendo has been stingy on that for a long time. I mean their argument has basically been the same thing for 10+ years. They are a Japanese company to the T who refuse to actually acknowledge the market is changing and adapt. Honestly if they just stopped making hardware and just focused on making software available to all platforms, it would be a resurgence like no other.

But nope, they'll just make a Nintendo Wii U 2 that'll flop due to no third party support, shitty online from 2002, no support for apps outside "core" companies like Netflix, and lagging specs. They'll continue to do what they want.
>>
>>342177447
>the N64 controller

This bullshit needs to stop. Only a few years ago did this meme with the N64 being horrible begin.

The controller is perfectly functional for every single game available for the N64. It was designed to be used in a variety of ways -- if you complain about not being about to use all of the controller at once,.you're either underage and parroting bullshit or are just an idiot. It's like complaining about a car because you can't drive it from the passenger's seat.
>>
>>342182694
The rumour doesn't come from her, it's from Semi-accurate.
>>
>>342182973
No, the rumor first came from her.
>>
>>342182740
>(check Gamecube
It had every third party game ps2 and xbox had and looked better than the ps2 by a good deal
>>
File: barnacles.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
barnacles.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>342182802
>But nope, they'll just make a Nintendo Wii U 2
>>
>>342182342
It would have been better to release Wii U BOTW and then release NX and have a much improved BOTW a year later or so. People may have bought both like they did with smash 3ds/wiiu
>>
>>342182342
This is why the Wii U is a dead console walking. Everybody knows that the NX is coming out in a year and that Breath of the Wild is being held back until its release. Why sink money into a console you already know will be replaced in a year for a game which will likely be inferior on the Wii U. Nintendo should just scrap releasing Breath of the Wild to Wii U altogether and focus on optimizing it for the NX so it blows everybody's socks off and encourages people to buy the new console. I for one haven't been interested in Zelda since Ocarina of Time but Breath of the Wild has my interest peeked. With the Scorpio and Neo coming out the same year though I'll probably neither get the NX or Breath of the Wild unless it showcases what the NX can do.
>>
>>342183008
Prove it.
http://semiaccurate.com/2016/05/12/guess-whos-silicon-is-in-nintendos-nx/
>>
>>342182476
Companies have no reason to waste time, money and resources porting a game to some special snowflake hardware nightmare. Nintendo is the one who has to adapt to the market and the developers, not the opposite.

It's the CD drive all over again.
>>
>>342178679
He's right though. GameCube discs were effectively like N64 carts compared to DVD-Roms in that devs had to compress the fuck out of everything or leave it out to fit it in.

He wasn't referring to performance.

Wii and Wii U's CPU were "fine" but could stand to be faster. The latter was bottlenecked when it came to porting games from 360 and PS3.

Wii U's GPU was a significant improvement but like the Wii and Wii U GPU still wasn't as good as it could be.

That's as far as I'll meet anon on his statements. The rest is subjective at best.
>>
>>342176337
I don't think companies care about the power of the system. It has to do with
1. Popularity
2. Many devs have been burned or fucked over by Nintendo, especially back when they owned the industry. This is why Sega consoles vanished, because devs fucking hated Sega. Nintendo has survived by pulling away from main consoles and being their own thing
>>
You guys think we'll see anything like Mario Maker on the NX?
>>
>>342183126
what do they have to optimize anyway? if its got a better gpu, all they have to do is higher res textures and maybe normal mapping, then disable it for wii u

judging by the 1080p bullshots they put out they probably have the capability to make an HD version, but the nx probably can't run it because its not going to be any stronger than the pee-you
>>
File: 1424112916823.png (130 KB, 718x975) Image search: [Google]
1424112916823.png
130 KB, 718x975
>>342180339
Lots of small time developers say the same thing.

In stark contrast, Playstation and Xbox seem to offer hotline assistance thy can contact for immediate support.
I guess this makes a huge difference.
>>
>>342182894
Stop lying. I got an N64 day 1, even remember the news making fun of the controller. Even as kids we knee it was retarded
>>
>>342176337
>being powerful enough for third party to want to port their games
so only need to be as good as 3 years old consoles??

easy
>>
>>342183332
It's the only thing they care about. Who cares if the console is popular enough if it will never run your game?

Nobody who worked back then is alive or still in the industry.
>>
>>342178157
*eye narrow* didn't like snes
fucking bullshit.
>>
>>342183465

I never had any problems with it. Guess I was just more skilled than you. Hell,I could deal with DarkSims in Perfect Dark with that controller, and wasn't too shabby at KI Gold.
>>
>>342182076
>AMD's 14nm is top of the line technology now,
It's still behind NVidia and Intel. Just making a slight jump from the AM3 architecture with the Zen (barely around i5-5670k level). GPUs are meant to be affordable from their end.

Also contracts are their lifeblood, should the PC market fail them.
>>
>>342183332
>1. Popularity
This is the main reason. The most popular third parties (EA and Ubisoft) just want to make quick cash. Square Enix makes games for the console with the prettiest graphics because that's what they do best.

Other third parties like Capcom, Platinum, Level 5, etc, who worked with Nintendo often mention it's wonderfull working with them because of how things are managed and because of the help offered by them.

EA and Ubi are the most vocal and influential and fucked Nintendo because they when they tried to compete against it in terms of quality they lost miserably. Remember the EA butthurt in the beggining of the Wii U lifetime for example.
>>
>>342180339
>little shit indie is mad he is not getting an NX dev kit
maybe if you all were not crying bitch and could stick to NDA's Nintendo would look at you.
>>
>>342183552
>easy
And yet you know deep down that Nintendo will fail at this.
>>
>>342183021
The gamecube used proprietary disks which could only hold 1.9GBs or 3.8GBs dual layered. This scared off a lot of third party developers because their games ranged between 5-10gbs on standard DVDS on the PS2 and Xbox, meaning Nintendo effectively repeated the same boneheaded mistake they made with the n64. Yes they had sparse third party support, but look at the quality of the ports and first party titles and you'll realize that most third party games on Gamecube were cheaply made or lazily ported to make a quick buck.
>>
>>342183552
well, it also has to be EASY to port these games over, hence same architecture? Im no dev so I dont know how hard it is to port a game from one arch to another. It sounds like NX will not be x86 though. Im worried
>>
Let's hypothetically say the NX is just a legit no gimmick (I'm fine with even a tiny gimmick) normal controller console. Has current gen power, with third party games.

Would you get hype?
I would love to revisit Nintendo besides Pokemon on 3ds. It's been so long...
>>
>>342183443
so random guy on twitter complain nintendo dont hold his hand to code his 2D Pixel adventure??

Nintendo was right, we should purge hte market.

I would love to imagine all this shitters during PS2 nad PS2 era then
>>
>>342176337
Power means nothing.

All the big 3rd party devs brought their shit to the Wii even though it was garbage. They cut and changed, some times making games that bore no resemblance to the original title, just to get Wii scraps.

3rd party western devs have hated Nintendo since the 64 because Nintendo is always doing something different than everyone else, meaning the dev has to work harder to bring their game to a Nintendo platform. Then, they realize they're competing with Nintendo games on their home turf and they have to understand that what they have is not as good, it won't sell as well.

So fuck Nintendo, they'll starve them out. They'll astroturf and market until everyone thinks The Order is better than Skyward Sword. They'll do anything, partner with anyone just to insure that Nintendo goes under.

Because they can't make Knack better than Mario, they can't make a racing game as fun as Mario Kart, they can't make a dungeon crawler as good as Zelda. So those things can't exist anymore, they have to die so the lazy 3rd party dev can put out his cinematic masterpiece (now with less gameplay!) and bask in his "hard won" VGA accolades.

It'll work. It'll take years, but IT WILL WORK. What the lazy 3rd parties don't realize is that their years are numbered.

You look back to the last game crash, you see a lot of parallels with today's market. You see too many machines on the market, loss of confidence in the product, a glut of poor quality titles. Sony is losing stock, they're "winning" the console race and their stock is going down. Whether Neo will be able to capture the market again is suddenly looking like a shaky premise with Scorpio trying to be "the strongest console" and you can be damn sure Sony will sell the Neo at a loss. If their stocks don't bounce back they'll have to start cutting development investment, where do you think they're going to cut it from? It'll be from original PS4 resources.
>>
>>342183748
Your ignorance is astounding. But it brings up another point. We got free ps4 and Xbox One dev kits. Nintendo wants $3,000 for their dev kit, for a $300 console. The hardware is the same + 1 GB of RAM.
>>
>>342183443
And then there's wayforward and yacht club and a ton other devs who had no problem and even got help from Nintendo.
I don't understand.
>>
>>342183734
I dont see NX getting any EA games but theyre gunna get ubisoft, nintendo probably went PLEASE CAN YOU TRY AGAIN WE NEED YOU
>>
>>342183879
>and even got help from Nintendo.
They are the exception, not the rule.
>>
>>342183767
>>342183759
you people act as if making anything on console specs bubble were hard.

anyone that has build a PC can tell you. is not. fucking Wii, was Nintendo actually gambling HD tvs wont be getting cheap enough to justify HD till late 2010. suck for em. HD TV broke the trend and prices when down insanely fast within 1 year.

and WiiU, Ill guess they did not expect PS4 and Xbone will be rushed out (part their fault too for revealing the console 18 months before release, giving S and M time to speed up the development
>>
>>342183831
I can't see any use for Stadium HD. Sure, Sun and Moon might not be as pretty as the Wii and GCN games but it does show they're getting there in terms of presentation at least.
>>
File: 1462946437080.webm (3 MB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1462946437080.webm
3 MB, 480x720
>>342178864
>He never played RE4 for the first time on gamecube.

... on launch day... experiencing that revolution for the first time...
>>
>>342183906

They'll probably try to get EA back. But EA will make some retarded demand or unreasonable request, and when Nintendo refuses EA will give them the finger and storm off again.
>>
>>342183831
>Let's hypothetically say the NX is just a legit no gimmick (I'm fine with even a tiny gimmick) normal controller console. Has current gen power, with third party games.
if they manage to add on Free online (on par with PSN and XBL) they are the best console hands down...if they manage it
>>
>>342183140
Semi Accurate is not some sort of be all end of rumors, especially considering Nvidia is moving their tegra chips to mainly cars

Lets look at other Semi Accurate rumors

>http://appleinsider.com/articles/11/05/06/rumor_apple_plans_to_move_laptops_from_intel_to_arm_processors
This claimed that Apple was gonna start moving from Intel chips to ARM chips for their LAPTOPS

>http://semiaccurate.com/2012/01/18/xbox-nextxbox-720-chips-in-production/
This claimed that the Xbox One would be powered by PowerPC

>http://semiaccurate.com/2013/07/12/apple-has-their-own-fab/

They claimed that apple was gonna buy a processing company and start to build their own chips

>
>>
>>342183871
>Your ignorance is astounding
im not the one complaining about how someone else dont teach me how to code.

but sure, enjoy developing random meme adventure for PXbone then
>>
>>342183870
Id just like to say I think these upgraded consoles is extemely retarded. Im not gunna buy it. Why buy a 800 dollar console when you can build a nice pc for that? Also scorpio is 100% pointless if all games are gunna be on windows 10, just build a windows 10 gaming pc for the same price. Fuck it makes NO sense
>>
>>342182740
>>342183734
>>342183870
These guys get it.

>>342183906
> PLEASE CAN YOU TRY AGAIN WE NEED YOU
And then they'll release another game like Assassin's Creed 3 that was shit in every console but will blame it on Nintendo because of sales. Another thing about Sony and Microsoft, all the people who buy shit games and are killing the industry with them have one of these, so if you want to release a shit game you have to release it on a console with shit fanbase.

And don't try to convince me that Assassin's Creed 3 was good, there's no excuse for that game.
>>
>>342182764
Yes.
Compare the SNES to the GameCube; both were technologically equivalent to their competitors (megadrive and ps2) but the SNES and PS2 succeeded because they had massive third party support.
Third parties make or break consoles. And if Nintendo wants the NC to succeed they have to A. Not piss third parties with underpowered hardware or dumbshit peripherals, B. Get dev kits out to people ASAP and relax their draconian licensing policies, and C. Open a millinery factory for all the moneyhats they need to hand out.

Mid-generation console releases have never worked historically, and if Nintendo want their NC to succeed where so many others have failed they'll need half a dozen AAA high-quality exclusives at launch and one more releasing each month until Christmas.
>>
>>342180339
Nintendo can into games, but Nintendo can't into development tools.

It's been like that forever.
>>
>>342184264
Stop moving goalposts.
>>
>>342184324
I know you're just trolling but Jesus Christ dude, fuck off.
>>
>>342184409

No, I will give you that Semi Accurate rumored about it a day before Emily Rogers. Doesn't change the fact that Semi Accurate are not accurate.
>>
just out of curiosity do any of the devs here know if its possible to make a smash clone on the xbone or the ps4?
>>
>>342184127
>that webm
God damn boner, not now.

On another note, I wish I could go back to the Gamecube days.
>>
>>342184210
Nintendo will probably not have chat because "muh cussing, muh gamer grill, muh muhs"

Nintendo may have a powerful enough system, but they WILL fuck up their online network and store for that matter.
>>
>>342184405
>Nintendo can't into development tools.
They can, problem is only japs know how to deal with them. No western dev has managed to deal with Nintendo kits but jap devs don't seem to have any problem at all, they just keep delivering.
>>
File: 1466398954259.gif (856 KB, 408x230) Image search: [Google]
1466398954259.gif
856 KB, 408x230
>>342176337
if witcher 3 can be ported to NX like i'v ebeen hearing. they yes, it can play any game imo.

based slavs tho, so who knows
>>
>>342176337
While I agree with Reggie on the "it's all about the content," he is forgetting that you absolutely need the power to be able to even HAVE the content. HOWEVER, there is some fundamental issue that some seem to be forgetting, and that happens to be the Nintendo fanbase. If the content & power is there, would they actually buy the 3rd party games? If not, then that becomes an issue with the fans and not the machine. 3rd party developers will look at their shit not selling for the millionth time on Nintendo consoles and just pull out like they did on the Wii U.
>>
>>342184553
I watched the webm just as I was listening to why you always hatin by YG. it fit well
>>
>>342184539
physically impossible, not enough GPU resources to clone smash.
>>
>>342184502
They also claimed that the PS4's SoC wouldn't be finished till Spring of 2014

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/12/10/confused-about-xbox-next-and-ps4-code-names/
>>
File: reggie.jpg (145 KB, 700x939) Image search: [Google]
reggie.jpg
145 KB, 700x939
>"shit, the NX is fucked"
>>
>>342184405
Nintendo dev tools and team are fine, other devs are just dumb enough to use them.
How do you think they manage to make games looking XCX on underpowered hardware or have the shaders and quality Wind Waker and Galaxy had back in the day when PS3 was struggling to make Lair even work properly?
The tech is there, westerners just don't know how to use it. Maybe it's even more advanced than what PS4 and XBone have, but since it's harder to use they just don't give a damn.
>>
>>342184404
>Mid-generation console releases have never worked historically
PC-Engine did pretty well for itself, albeit in Japan. You could made a case for the Genesis, as well, considering how much time there was between the major consoles of the 16-bit era.

Had SEGA not been bleeding money, Dreamcast sold pretty respectably in the ~2 years it was supported.
>>
>>342184686
I don't think it's a simply matter of translation, or the devs would get translators.
>>
>>342184404
Funny thing, SNES was a case where developers had to err more on the side of graphics (and sound) rather than CPU performance. If you wanted shooting games on the system, slowdown was the norm which Genesis didn't struggle with by comparison. Otherwise they needed a special chip to cover its bases.
>>
>>342184905
thanks for answering because that question has been bothering me for a long time.
>>
>>342184954
>tfw not handsome enough to work for xbox
>>
>>342184954
>I've made a terrible mistake
>>
for the power faggots, before anyone mention Scorpio or Neo.

from a dev PoV, NX being in close power to PXbone than the .5 gen is better. means easier to port.

a console with unique power settings only benefits its own developer circle. 3rd party likes equality to make easier to just copy past the code.

this is the reason why even fuking sony acknowledged hat PS4.5 only a few AAA devs might even care to make upgraded ports
>>
>>342184845
You're right, it does.
but now I got a bigger boner... got any sauce on that chick?

>>342184954
>Xbone Slime
>Fucking anything other than the regular Xbone and Scorpio
>Fucking anything at all
It's just a smaller brick.
>>
>>342184502
On the other hand, this rumour is what really made them famous all over the internet:
https://semiaccurate.com/2009/10/01/nvidia-fakes-fermi-boards-gtc/
They were the only ones who dared to point this out.
And this:
http://semiaccurate.com/2010/02/17/nvidias-fermigtx480-broken-and-unfixable/
They were right about this in the end.

Some of the links you posted could have been correct initially, maybe Apple did make some negotiations here and there and the deals simply fell through and never got done. That's one way to explain it.
>>
>>342184958
>Maybe it's even more advanced than what PS4 and XBone have

Doubt it simply because the GPU in the Wii U isn't dx11/12
>>
>>342184954
>>342185175
>I wonder if Microsoft is hiring

>>342184969
Dreamcast was doing fine in the west but getting destroyed in Japan. Japan pulled the plug early although the CEO of america was like "hold up guys, its still cool" but they didnt listen, dirty japs
>>
>>342185000
I wasn't talking about translation when I meantioned the japs. I was talking about general knowledge and japs are usually a few steps above westerners when it comes to games.
>>
>>342184954
>why won't those nips listen my suggestions
>>
>>342185000
>devs would get translators.
these are not cheap. really.

and most people that complain is indies that are used to stock tools to develop. Nintendo usually modify some of their tools to fit better the hardware.

so its a mix between difference and indie devs being incompetent fucks .... + teh jap to English problem
>>
>>342185302

No shock there. Sega's US and Japanese branches have never gotten along, even today.
>>
>>342185249
>Some of the links you posted could have been correct initially

They reported that the Xbox one wouldn't possibly accurate.
>>
>>342185289
I don't know, but they make some pretty stuff with whatever weak kit they have.
I mean, sure the tech isn't way up there but what they make with underpowered hardware is comparable to other kits, if they had more power doesn't that mean their kit would be superior as well?

It's something like:
>Underpowered and hard but can make wonders
vs
>Powerfull and easy but is actually just standard tech

I don't know how it actually works, just so you know.
>>
>>342185356
Games are programming.

I think Western (including Europe) are proven better in terms of programming graphics and game engines.

I think the nips are better at making an art style fit within an engine though.
>>
File: 1399786385809.jpg (261 KB, 1024x509) Image search: [Google]
1399786385809.jpg
261 KB, 1024x509
>>342184958
Harder to use doesn't mean it's more advanced..

It's the opposite in this case, Nintendo's hardware is 7 years behind.
>>
>>342185680
It's not their kit, it's their art/ design talent.
>>
>>342183870
Making the things harder for developers and different from worldwide standards with no clear advantage is not how hardware and software industries work, or how they should work.
Nintendo's attitude is pretty childish.
>>
>>342185438
Indie devs are incompetent fucks, the indie boom happened when game dev tools became more common and easy to use, before that we had... Cave Story, for example. Pixel wanted to make a game, knew how to work with what he had, made the game how he knew (not retro because it's trendy but because he can't sprite anything else), it enjoyed success because it was actually fun, done! No whining, he even released the game for free.
Then came the hipster indie fucks who tore it all down.
>>
>>342185389
This actually would make sense.

And it's pretty sad.
>>
>>342185795
>>342185939
I was just making assumptions based on the work they do. They have shit kits but since they know how to work with their shit they end up making magic. The Wind Waker article about shaders and specs is a good example for this (art style and other things help too, of course).

Of course others may be more powerfull, but they don't even touch the surface of what their kits can do, imagine if Nintendo did their wonders with a current age kit. Stuff like that. 3rd parties don't try anymore, they just do the basic stuff, that's what I'm getting at. If they are managing to compete with old kits then what the fuck are the people with modern kits doing?
>>
>>342185959
Nintendo ideal was kinda tyrant. but it was the best for US, consumer. fewer games, but with better quality

imagine if every single stupid were able to "design" a car.
>>
>>342176337
Third-parties will port their games for a year or so until they realize nobody's buying and then they'll just give up. Happens every generation and people keep on thinking things will be different for the next one. This will be another Wii U. It'll be a bit weaker than PS4 while the other companies are selling beefed up versions of the 2013 consoles.
>>
>>342186582
>Fewer games but with better quality
The NES was full of shovelware.
>>
>>342186713
and still fewer in ratio to what we have today.
>>
>>342186713
Back in the day would you still consider it shovelware? It was basically an open field of possibilities with very low standards.
>>
>>342184264
Apple did buy a chip designer in 2008 and they're responsible for designing the modern iPhone and iPad SoCs but yeah that article is dated 2013 so they are really dumb.
>>
File: 1455417298735.jpg (37 KB, 1058x386) Image search: [Google]
1455417298735.jpg
37 KB, 1058x386
>>342186496
>but they don't even touch the surface of what their kits can do
This is Retarded fanboy prejudice. 3rd party games on the PS4 looks a ton better than the Bloom shit Nintendo is pulling in their zelda ports.

There isn't anything magic about Nintendo games, the Bloom shit you're so impressed by it bullshit the rest of the world got oversince a decade ago.
>>
>>342185302
>Dreamcast was doing fine in the west but getting destroyed in Japan. Japan pulled the plug early although the CEO of america was like "hold up guys, its still cool" but they didnt listen, dirty japs
It's more like Sega was hemorrhaging money, despite doing relatively well with the Dreamcast, to the point that one of their CEOs had to pay Sega's debt with his own money to keep the company afloat.

>>342185498
It's mostly just Tom Kalinske, who is willing to take all the credit for Sega's success in the U.S. (even though all he ever did was convinced Sega Enterprises in Japan to allow them to include Sonic as a pack-in game), but is unwilling to take responsibility for their failures (like the Saturn's dismal marketing campaign).
>>
>>342186857
The Nintendo Seal of Approval was supposed to mean something back in the NES days but it didn't take a fucking trainwreck of a game like Superman 64 to know that seal meant precisely dick. The NES was plagued with shitty games, far more then AVGN has ever covered. 800 titles literally 80% of them crap which totally ruined your weekends
>>
>>342186931
According to Kalinske, the surprise launch of the Saturn was sprung on him by Sega of Japan. He also told them to drop the price of the Genesis and to advertise against Nintendo [which led to the highly successful Nintendon't campaign]. He also claims he wanted to wait a year on Saturn and make it backwards compatible with the Genesis.

He didn't nix the 32X, though, and it was designed by engineers at Sega of America, so he's got to own that one. Bernie Stolar also did a ton of damage to Saturn with his localization policies.
>>
>>342186908
Longer than a decade ago, graphics wise Breath of the Wild looks on par with the original Fable in HD or to be more generous Fable 2.
>>
>>342186908
>The bloom shit
I was talking about the original WW, not the ports. The ports are shit and bloom was a mistake even ten years ago. Also, it's true that they aren't even touching the surface of what the dev kits can do because they aren't even trying to do anything other than pretty graphics and while those look good the gameplay has been getting worse and worse with every generation.
Just look at The Order, awesome looking, plays like a movie. Look at Bloodborne, plays wonderfull and has great graphics despite being close to a launch title. Do you think they will even try to get past Bloodborne in terms of graphics and gameplay by the end of the PS4's cycle? Horizon seems nice but the gameplay they showed was scripted as fuck. If it works like that, it will be a step forward and we still won't be near the results devs will achieve at the end of the cycle.

Don't talk shit about graphics if thats the only thing you want to mention when you talk about scratching the surface of console power and development.

Here's something for you to read.
http://polycount.com/discussion/104415/zelda-wind-waker-tech-and-texture-analysis-picture-heavy
It's not a remake, it's the original.
>>
>>342187524
I just looked up fable 2 and yeah it looks like that
>>
>>342187297
What were you expecting? People knowing how to make games back then? Fucking clap at that thought.
Even in the N64 era people were struggling to know how to do shit, heck, they still are.

The seal of quality has seen better days though.
>>
>>342187737
The graphics IS the thing that drives hardware to the edge.

You're talking about something else then if your complain isn't about graphics.
>>
>>342183589
Why would you like a controller that gave you less accessibility for all the inputs compared to the competition?
>>
>>342186908
>he thinks is only about graphix
there is your problem you stupid cunt.

if Nintendo hardware and devs were soo shitty, why do they have the best open world game??

or why do the have the most 60 FPS stable (close to it) games??

choosing between graphix of doing a competent work is an option.

most devs go graphix cause its easy to just make models tan work on the gameplay or physics of and engine.

a fucking game with minecraft tier graphics can be coded with far more complex physics and game feature than your average graphix galore. but people like you will think is shit just cause it dont looks 100000 polygons per rock
>>
>>342187847
Fallout 4 looks worse than Fable 2 and is on a more powerfull console. Food for thought.
>>
>>342187959
I was talking about something else other than just graphics...
>>
>>342188029
>why do they have the best open world game??
>or why do the have the most 60 FPS stable (close to it) games??
Because you're full of lies. That's the easiest explanation.
>>
>>342187506
>According to Kalinske, the surprise launch of the Saturn was sprung on him by Sega of Japan.
An early launch might had worked, but the way handled it fucked them up.
>He also told them to drop the price of the Genesis and to advertise against Nintendo [which led to the highly successful Nintendon't campaign].
I'm sure the Nintendon't ad campaign predated Kalinske's employement.
>He also claims he wanted to wait a year on Saturn and make it backwards compatible with the Genesis.
I think that was the original idea for the 32X, since Sega didn't want to fully abandon the Genesis since it was still strongly supported abroad, so they wanted to introduce the 32X as an upgraded Genesis that could play all the old games.
>>
>>342184954
lmfao this is fucking gold
why has this not spread like a wildfire?
>>
>>342188147
And what is this "something else" that is so computationally taxing that you need to squeeze blood out of a rock to game the GPU and CPU achieve it?
>>
>>342187959
He was talking about gameplay as well, you know, that thing which usually fluctuates between 15 and 30 fps on the most powerfull consoles.
That thing, that thing also works in tandem with the hardware, that's why many games use different art styles or tricks to cover up performance problems they might otherwise have. You know, to let things as pretty as they are they make boats travel at a certain max speed, they put fog in the city, things like that.
>>
>>342188230
>Because you're full of lies
list em fagget
>>
>>342188332
Not the same guy but do you need us to spell it out for you... seriously?
>>
>>342188285
>why has this not spread like a wildfire?
they have tried, no body really cared. nor here. nor leddit, not even neo sonnyger central
>>
>>342188332
>Graphics are the only thing that push a console to the fullest
Fuck this thread, I'm out of here.
>>
>>342188391
>He was talking about gameplay as well
You could downgrade any game graphically and port them to a 20 year old PC with just the same gameplay.

"Gameplay" isn't a hardware taxing thing you need to be a squeeze every bit of resource out of the hardware to achieve.
Which is what the nintendo drone claimed.
>>
>>342188332
>And what is this "something else" that is so computationally taxing that you need to squeeze blood out of a rock to game the GPU and CPU achieve it?
anything that is physics.
>>
>>342188590
>http://polycount.com/discussion/104415/zelda-wind-waker-tech-and-texture-analysis-picture-heavy
>>342188590
darn, I was dying when I saw this
>>
>>342188750
>anything that is physics.
And good game physics is unrelated to Nintendo at all.

You want me to post that image Where Mario's ass is clipping through into his bike?
>>
>>342188332
water
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ureGelZPi3o
>>
>>342188674
I'm starting to think you didn't read what he said and are just mad because he's making a point towards something nintendo did well.
>>
>>342188898
>water physics
Has never been a Nintendo thing.
>>
>>342188895
but this new zelda game is just another physics engine game like halflife or whatever
>>
>>342188674
If graphics aren't demanding then why do some pixel games with very simple art lag so much on a pc? There's optimization to account for, many things to display on the screen, not just the graphical quality but also the calculations some games have to make in order for gameplay to work as intended. There's also sound and other things but I'll leave it at that, I'm not going to bother myself explaining things to someone who isn't making an effort to understand.
>>
>>342189082
Yes, we have to congratulate Nintendo, they managed to achieve a game with a single ragdoll when Link blows himself up with a bomb.
>>
File: LMAO.png (1 MB, 1440x888) Image search: [Google]
LMAO.png
1 MB, 1440x888
>>342189068
Whatever you say pal.
>>
>>342189259
the trees are clearly exhibiting rigid body mechanics when cut down m8
same with all their gimmicky items like pillars and big grabby hand thing
>>
>>342189259
All humanoid enemies displayed the same behaviour though. But yeah, the game looks fun as fuck despite also being inspired by some dubious open world games made by other companies.
They need to work on the physics for the rocks though, they're not that good. They need to put some real weight into them, even the metal boxes.
>>
>>342189172
>If graphics aren't demanding
Who said this?
>>
>>342189686
The games that look impressive and run on a toaster and the games that look like shit but don't run well on a high end pc.
>>
>>342189909
>The games that look impressive and run on a toaster
Did you know you could upgrade the graphics of said game until the toaster reach 1 FPS?
>>
>>342189686
Many indie and steam games out there. Shit optimization is a thing even in games with non taxing graphics.
>>
>>342190012
You're simply retarded and don't understand high end graphics require high end computation.
>>
>>342190006
Not really since the game has no other options. Hint: It's pixels and has a low res.

>>342190176
>High end
We're talking about shit graphics not working on high end. Graphics that are not taxing, yet if those are not the problem why does the game lag or does not work as intended?
We're trying to give you insight into another thing that we were actually talking about instead of slamming it into your face.

Just forget graphics for a sec, imagine you have the most compatible graphics out there in a game, but suddenly your game lags, what fucked it up if it wasn't the graphics? Get it or do you need a drawing?
>>
>>342190571
I commend you for trying to explain it but I'm out. He won't get there. Thanks for keeping up until now.
>>
>>342190571
>It's pixels and has a low res.
Then it's shit graphics and you shouldn't call it impressive>>342189909

>We're talking about shit graphics
No, you were talking about "impressive graphics" on shit hardware.
>>
>>342176337
The recent quotes from ninty make me think that it will definitely have a gimmick, which I'm fine with. I think companies need to innovate more in order to not become stagnant. However, I do hope they do more to try to get the thirdies on board.
>>
>>342191402
I think is backwards. NX wont have it, so BotW delay was in part so they could retool-out any mandatory gamepad feature
>>
>>342191516
Under any circumstances, it would have to be delayed to match the launch timing.
>>
>>342191705
all 3 actually, physics engine was troubling them, and more or less explain how it was tailored to work on NX too + fit hte release window
Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.