[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hell do games barely ever do third person like this anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
Why the hell do games barely ever do third person like this anymore? Finding a 3rd person shooter that isn't over the shoulder RE4 style is pretty much impossible now.
>>
Because it's easier to do the over the shoulder thing. Because the character is in the middle of the screen they were forced to make the first person aiming. Which means all the animations and the extra details on guns as well. With over the shoulder there doesn't need to be as much detail in the guns, animations, etc. Plus it allows you to see what is directly in front of you instead of having to angle the camera to see it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
>>342167181
You must have been born after 2005.
>>
>>342166450
Because shooting in third person is complete shoot if it's not over the shoulder, dumb ass.
>>
File: maxresdefaultd.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefaultd.jpg
108 KB, 1280x720
>>342168151
Nice bait faggot.
>>
>>342166450
Because CoD kiddies and /k/ autists want HIGH DETAIL FULL MERSION FPS SHOOTAN

It's almost like I'm actually there, doing the super cool gun shoots.
>>
>>342169693
People that play cod don't think like that. Only a sperg like you would
>>
>>342167181
I have never read a more poorly though out and bullshit response in my life.

The answer OP, is it allows developers to show off the characters more, and be closer to them to show of details.
>>
File: metal-arms-screenshot.jpg (27 KB, 440x350) Image search: [Google]
metal-arms-screenshot.jpg
27 KB, 440x350
>>342168151
Nah son
>>
I wish more games were as tight as RE4, I like it when the camera humps the character like that.
>>
>>342170992
Yeah but it's overdone and RE4 was a horror shooter that was atmospheric. So the over the shoulder complimented the style.
>>
>MGSV
>SFV
>DARK SOULS
come on OP
>>
>>342170992
How can I convince my faggot flatmate that Resident evil 4 was indeed much better of a game than 5 and 6?

He says it's just nostalgia because 5 is basically the same gameplay and 6 improves on everything, and I get so mad I can't even properly reason the obvious.
>>
>>342169848
But they do. CoD dudebros fucking love their guns, and will literally sound like a voice acted /k/ thread.

You'd know this if people didn't start whispering about you when you entered a room.
>>
>>342172568
u wot?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.