[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Msi Z170 A Pro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
would this be an alright mobo for a 1070 and i5 6600K?
>>
I'm going to bump this because I'm looking to buy a motherboard that I want to pair with a i5 6600K as well
>>
>>342167793
what's your budget?
>>
are you going to overclock? if so, yes. if not? then get the i5-6600 (no k) and get a cheaper motherboard.
>>
>>342166398
yes
>>
>>342167998
I have like 1.2k shekels in the bank

I'll get some new RAM and a hard drive too, I currently have a GTX660 so I would like to upgrade the graphics card as well when 1070s become widely available and we have more tests for those new AMD cards

On the motherboard I would like to spend about 150 pesos, besides an MSI board similar to the one OP posted I've also been looking at a "Asus Z170 Pro Gaming", I'm a little suspicious of that one because it says "pro gaming" and I don't want to fall for some Razor type shit, but the reviews seem to be good
>>
>>342166398
Should be fine. I have a Asus Z170-A myself and it's pretty decent.
>>
>>342168331

I'm gonna overclock it, so I guess I'll just pull the plug. Should I also get a 120 evo?
>>
>>342169027
>120 evo
do you mean a 120 gb evo SSD or do you mean a 212 evo cpu cooler?
>>
>>342168556

Always good to read from someone who actually owns it. Is the BIOS alright?
>>
>>342169129
My bad, cooler
>>
>>342169129
I'm not him but is it easy to install 212 EVO without taking about the mobo? I have an opening from the behind for the CPU, of course
>>
>>342169359
the 212 is definitely one of the best "bang for your buck" coolers and is more than enough for most people. but if you want something nicer looking or quieter than i might look at the cryorig h5 or be quiet! dark rock 3 (but both of those are decent bit pricier than the 212)

>>342169480
when i put my 212 it, i put it on before putting the motherboard in and i would advise doing the same. these coolers need a backplate/bracket thing to be installed behind the motherboard and it might be tricky to install it while the motherboard is in the computer. i'd take it out to work on it.
>>
>>342169776
I have an opening from the back side for the backplate
>>
I have a 390 but a pretty shitty cpu and I wanna upgrade it. Any recommendations?
>>
>>342170432
i5 6600k
>>
What about the mate one?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.