[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I enjoyed classic TF2 I even enjoyed post-F2P TF2, even as they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: overwatch.png (196 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.png
196 KB, 400x400
I enjoyed classic TF2
I even enjoyed post-F2P TF2, even as they started adding gimmick weapons and abilities

Will I enjoy Overwatch?
>>
>>342158779
You will, But it's own kind of animal. Don't go in playing the game thinking it's going to play exactly like TF2.
Character movement is a bit slower and game (depending on the character you have) wins are based entirely on if your team isin't full of cavemen looking for kills.

Overwatch is fun because of the variety of gameplay the game offers.
And when you have a entire team of players actually start working together, That's when the game feels like it's something different for once.

What surprised me the most is that 6v6 is actually the perfect amount of players per game. Any more or anyless- then it becomes a cluster fuck.
>>
>>342159193
Sounds very tempting. Think it's got staying power?
>>
>>342159193
More than 6v6 wouldn't work because the game has infinite ammo you can spam forever, and MOBA style ultimates that can wipe out or enable a team too much to be spammed.

6v6 isn't a perfect balance at all, it's just the best this game can do because the design will never ever allow for more than that ever for any reason.
>>
>>342159426
Yes, I'd say so. Especially with them considering the fact that they are trying to still 'mold' OW even after it's been released.
And the fact that it sold so well means they can continue to improve the game even more.

In their latest dev video, They are literally willing to make constant changes to the game until matchmaking, Competitive modes ect ect, feel right, Even a year from now.

The only thing that sucks about this game IMO is the loot system.
Admitedly i have sucked blizzard cock and spent about 100$ dollars in getting loot crates so i can get the skins i want.
But i play it for about a hour or so a day ever since it's been released.

Personally, It's my kind of game.
>>
>>342158779
Do you have 5 other friends to play with that won't ever get bored of the game and will always play it when you want to? Yes? Buy it and enjoy until it drops dead.

No? Don't buy it because solo play is less fun than putting your dick in a blender. Imagine playing heavy on a pub with no medicks 24/7, because that's what Overwatch is like without friends.
>>
>>342158779
Do you have friends who play? Playing with pubs can get old pretty fast do to the teamwork needed.
>>
>>342160183
>>342160363
I-I don't have friends...
>>
File: gf_wp10s.jpg (156 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gf_wp10s.jpg
156 KB, 640x480
>>342159759
It's not like they didn't test these things out. Two reasons i could see why any higher could cause balancing problems.

(1)The less players you have, The more important each character becomes. Each player picks a character that pretty much performs a roll in that team. Like always having a reinhardt, Ranged or healer. Having one of these are almost essential to having a decent game.
You take out one of those rolls and things change drastically.

(2)Having to many means more ridiculous complexity and balance management. When really there is no management other than what each player chooses.
Just having to mother fuckers play torbjorn is a nightmare. You can imagine what happens when you get to much of the same bullshit from a team of players.
>>
Overwatch is a lot more team oriented than tf2 in the way HOTS is more team oriented than dota.

You can't really carry or outskill people in overwatch because team composition and sticking together is a lot more important than actual reflex and movement. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, but its frustrating to feel like you can't do anything because your team is being retarded.
>>
>>342160859
>It's not like they didn't test these things out
I sincerely doubt they tested it all that much since Overwatch is just assets from the failed Titan MMO repackaged to make back the dev costs.
>>
>>342160458
my friends dont play overwatch, at the end of the game if your team did good ask if people want to group up for more xp (when you add friends and play with them in a party you get an xp bonus). i did that now im playing with like 3 full competent teams, dont be afraid to use voicechat and try not to be too salty
>>
File: 1333598620710.jpg (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1333598620710.jpg
34 KB, 300x300
>>342161294
>Didn't test these things out
>Completely revised and revisioned a entire game to a better model that's better.

Yeah that makes a lot of fucking sense.
>>
>>342161229
Can you still have fun even if you're in a losing round?
>>
>>342158779
Probably, but they're not all that similar. Things like team composition and working together matter way more even in pubs than they did in TF2. There's much more of an emphasis on teamwork.

I don't know quite how to explain it, but all game modes, even objective-based ones in TF2 still felt really TDM-ish to me in pubs, it's not like that at all in OW. It fundamentally requires more teamwork and some actual coordination to actually do well beyond the level of "shoot things while in the same general area as your allies" that you get in other team shooters. Heroes are way more varied both in terms of mechanics and in terms of staying power/killing potential/team support capabilities, which is why you need to work together, as lots of them are quite specialized.

I think it's good, though. I absolutely loved classic TF2 and still liked it shortly after it went F2P, but don't go into OW expecting something very similar to TF2 because it really isn't like that.
>>
>>342158779
It's an FPS with the MOBA community.
Do not play Overwatch without a team or all you'll experience is healing or very quick matches
>>
>>342160458
You can join the official Overwatch Discord to find tryhard groups who communicate
>>
File: dva_by_poutie-da5azbd.png (128 KB, 420x418) Image search: [Google]
dva_by_poutie-da5azbd.png
128 KB, 420x418
>>342158779
yes
>>
>>342162591
Multiple losing rounds in a row kills everything for me.

That shit keeps happening. And it isn't necessarily due to lack of teamwork every time, sometimes it's due to the lack of people willing to go Support or Tank, and instead playing fucking Hanzo when we need more direct fighters, or fucking Genji when we already have a Tracer and a Reaper, etc. Shit like that.
>>
File: 847663.jpg (177 KB, 776x823) Image search: [Google]
847663.jpg
177 KB, 776x823
>>342158779
its like tf2 if it was a moba
>>
>>342158779
Yes, but actually even more if you enjoy ASSFAGGOTS type of games, casual but fun.
>>
>>342164389
Hmm that's unfortunate. At least in TF2 you can muck about with gimmicky stuff when you know you're in for a thrashing
>>
You will enjoy it until the game starts setting your matchmaking to force ~50% win/loss rate. At that point it starts to suck ass and you won't want to play.

If you're doing too good and winning too much the game will literally rip you off your team and set you into another game stacked with shitters to force losses on you.
>>
>>342158779

TF2 is much better for playing with randoms and dicking around, mainly due to the much larger team sizes.

Overwatch is only fun with friends due to the lower team size (6v6) and the importance of team composition. Playing with randoms in OW is a nightmare because 90% of the community doesn't want to play Support or Tank, which you absolutely need to win.

I've basically stopped playing Overwatch at this point because the only fun I ended up having with it was the Random mode that was only available for like a week. Solo queue is awful.
>>
>>342164495
Yeah, there's none of that in OW. You can hardly even switch to a class you want to get better at for some practice, in a losing game. Purely because it's so team-oriented, and you just won't get to do anything without being rolled over.
>>
>>342164997
Damn
>>
>>342158779
>Will I enjoy getting cucked by Activision-Bli$$ard

IDK dude, whatever gets your dick hard
>>
>>342158779

You will, most likely, but I am not sure how justified price will be for you. Hoverer it will differently make you appreciate how well rounded the balance, even with all the clusterfuck of weapons, and most importantly maps in TF2. If you thought that hydro is bad, then nearly all of the Overwatch maps are bad.

Seriously, Overwatch would be infinitely better if not for the maps being so bad. Blizzard needs to do something with all those chokepoints, useless parts of the maps aka 'alternative routes' that no one besides sneaky reaper would ever use and how badly general maps are balanced for different classes. I am looking at you Temple of Anubis.
>>
>>342166748
At least they're expressing interest in changing the maps, saying they're particularly unhappy with how the Attack/Defense maps have turned out. Thank christ they caught that shit soon.
>>
>>342158779
Nope, probably not. It's just shallow as hell.
>>
TF2 had a 6v6 community maintained mode since 2007 but valve were to dumb to acknoledge it officially until this year, with a badly done matchmaking beta that doesnt have class limits and isnt even ranked
hope the TF team steps it up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSp7UnHDT-A
>>
Would be great if people tried more often to ensure the team's comp actually fucking made sense.
>>
>>342165831
Are people like this able to communicate without memes anymore?
>>
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll give it a shot. Seems like an experience worth having.
>>
>>342158779

It's literally TF2 smashed together with MOBA abilities. If that sounds intriguing, you'll like it. If it doesn't, you won't.
>>
>>342158779
You will. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>342171356
Will I?
>>
>>342163840
post d.va
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.