[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it? Worth buying? I remember when I played free beta,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Destiny_box_art.png (193 KB, 275x317) Image search: [Google]
Destiny_box_art.png
193 KB, 275x317
How is it? Worth buying?
I remember when I played free beta, it became boring very fast
>>
>>342153760
Well it has more content than Overwatch that's for sure.

Anyways, it's not exactly a bad game but it does get boring quite fast and I never could get past the fact that it's a console shooter. If you can handle those then you might enjoy it but I just bounced off.
>>
>>342153760
I kinda wanna get into it too but I don't get which version to buy. Is there a physical version I can buy that WON'T make me sit through a massive update just to change the voice of the robot thing to nolan north?
>>
Pretty damn good but I play it with at least 2 of my friends at all times, you can go to Destiny General and grab yourself some niggas or venture over to reddit if /vg/ are being little bitches.
>>
>>342153760

I'm going to get some shit for this, but I've had more fun playing destiny than any other game on this generation's consoles.

The game got bad reviews out of the gate due to an incomplete story and unbalanced multiplayer, but through iterations it became great.

There's hundreds of hours of gameplay if you decide to pick it up, especially if you've got a team together who will be playing it with you.

>Raids
A complete joy, so fucking fun, especially if you have no idea what you're doing - just trying to figure stuff out blindly is a ball
>Story missions
Pretty fun as well, definitely recommend having a friend or two playing with you
>Multiplayer
I fucking loved it, Trials was such a good weekend whenever it was on - Iron banner was also great

When I think about the amount of hours I sunk into this game its almost overwhelming (the idea of starting from scratch) So if you've got some pals and are looking to really get your money's worth out of a game, Destiny certainly has the opportunity.

If you're looking to jump right into a game and enjoy it and not get raped or discouraged by high level players who've been grinding since the start - this is probably not the game to play.

But honestly - you've missed a terrific time with this game - come over to /dg/ on /vg/ if you decide to pick it up and need a hand with raids or missions, there's always groups going on.

Hope that made your decision a little easier
>>
There's enough for 4-7 hours worth of stuff, maybe more not counting the raids. Otherwise all you have is the multi-player which has become CoD try-hard quickscope bullshit
>>
>>342154197
it's an always online game so if you want to play it has to be the most up-to-date version.

just get the taken king legendary edition. it's $30 and includes all the current DLC
>>
File: 1348457732471.jpg (8 KB, 397x397) Image search: [Google]
1348457732471.jpg
8 KB, 397x397
>>342154428
>4-7 hours

holy fuck are you retarded? If you don't have a strong player with you one nightfall can take OP 4 hours.
>>
I would wait for the new expansion. If you get in to it now, you won't be able to fully enjoy the raids, which is the best part of the game. Everyone running them has been running them for months and don't want new players in their raids. Unless you can manage to find a group of friends to play who someone who is willing to bring a newbie, you won't have fun.

It also does get boring very fast. Unless you care about min/maxing your character, there is no reason to run raids multiple times. Once you've done it, you've seen everything the game has to offer. Raiding and dailies is literally all there is to end-game. The PvP is horribly imbalanced and comes down to getting your ultimate ability charged faster than the other guy.

If you are looking for a Diablo-like shooter, just play Warframe. It's the same kind of grinding, but Warframe has a lot more content.
>>
Also OP, you gotta go balls deep on this one, meaning, don't get just the base game. I think you can cop the edition with all the DLC for like $30 nowadays, but don't get just the base game.

And remember, it's been out for almost 3 years so you're gonna have a lot of shit to catch up, but you'll be fine by the time this years DLC comes out.
>>
>>342154337
>raids
>A complete joy, so fucking fun
Specially when you have retards who can't follow a single order.
>>
>>342154794
So a typical raid group then?
>>
>>342154736
There no base game anymore
Only "deluxe box" with all expacks
But hey, I found that they offer demo, guess I will try it, but I bet it will be the only 3 Old Russia maps
>>
>>342155120
Well, any used copy no matter if it says "deluxe" edition is a base game.
>>
>>342154428
I just did a playthrough of the game on a new account and spent 6 hours alone doing the first 3 planets, fuck off is there only 7 hours worth of content.
>>
>>342155318
He probably played vanilla, it had not the hugest amount of content.
great game though and it has a huge amount of content for a shooter now
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.