[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you 100% is yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 17
File: WiiU_HyruleWarriors_Boxart.jpg (2 MB, 1846x2639) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_HyruleWarriors_Boxart.jpg
2 MB, 1846x2639
Have you 100% is yet?
>>
not even close
also is the 3ds version even worth looking at if you dont have a N3DS?
>>
>100% any of the adventure maps
I'v got better things to do like lay around and not play the same map x hundred times.
>>
Nope. Never even finished the first Adventure mode map.

Its fun but it gets kind of repetitive after a while. Like with all musous, I suppose.
>>
>>342152472
>Its fun but it gets kind of repetitive after a while

Repetitive enough that you'll never play it again ?

I'm actually thinking about buying a Wii U with a few games (including HW)
>>
>>342152349
Managed to clear Adventure Mode and the Twilight map with all A ranks, but got burned out around the Majora's Mask map.
>>
>>342152817
>Repetitive enough that you'll never play it again ?
I wouldn't go that far.

Its a solid, fun game, especially if you're a Zelda fan. Got a good 50ish hours out of it.
>>
>still havent nailed the rupeeglitch
fucking kill me
cant level all those characters
>>
>>342152461
No. I tried pirating it on my XL and it runs so poorly I wish I hadn't even bothered. Practically no enemies on screen, either.
>>
File: 1408913472717.png (363 KB, 900x866) Image search: [Google]
1408913472717.png
363 KB, 900x866
>Wii U version still doesn't have all the content of HW Legends
>yfw Hyrule Warriors Xtreme Legends is announced as an NX launch title
>yfw it has all the content of 3DS version and even more new shit
>>
>>342152817
It's repetitive enough that you get burned out after playing for 50 hours or so, but I still come back to it every once in a while to play a couple of missions.
>>
Yeah. Including every DLC map, maxed characters, I even did the god awful cucco shit.

Didn't really took that much time to 100%.
>>
File: BossGiygas.png (6 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
BossGiygas.png
6 KB, 256x224
>>342152349
>I lost my save file in a transfer
I want to die. I hope the NX will allow cloud saves.
>>
File: Groose.png (214 KB, 300x599) Image search: [Google]
Groose.png
214 KB, 300x599
Never forget.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D8.jpg (462 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D8.jpg
462 KB, 1280x720
Only the main one since I don't have DLC and I have every character that isn't DLC at 255 with tier 3 5 star 8 slot items. But now I don't know if it's better to just buy Legends at this point for all the extra content or to pay the $20 for the Wii U ones and live without the Wind Waker maps.
>>
>>342152349
I stop playing games when they stop being fun, so no I have not.

If they come out with another one for the NX that has all the DLC characters, I'd probably get it, though.
>>
>>342152349
>start playing an old, not really relevant right now game out of nowhere
>without fail there is a thread on /v/ about that game the same day

this shit is getting fucking creepy
>>
Completed the Master Quest recently. So I have Twilight and Termina, but fuck if I want to do them. Doesn't help knowing the 3DS version is superior, but I'm not gonna go redo everything int hat one either.
>>
>>342153837
i too have experienced this at times
but i resent the notion that Hyrule Warriors classifies as an "old game"
Dune 2000 is an old game
>>
>>342152349
>Have you 100% is yet?
Fuck no and never will.

It was my first musou and I really liked it, even got the season pass but eventually burned out.

I still need to go back and do the Cia story, but I'm pretty shitty at the game in general so will never get anywhere close to finishing the adventure maps.
>>
File: 1438563298428.png (264 KB, 362x462) Image search: [Google]
1438563298428.png
264 KB, 362x462
So they're really not gonna bring the WW assets to the Wii U version, huh?
>>
File: 1444452801110.png (75 KB, 277x300) Image search: [Google]
1444452801110.png
75 KB, 277x300
>>342152349
I aim to be the first person to 100% all Adventure maps on 3DS. Just finished Twilight, all I have left is Termina and the rewards map.
>>
File: miserable.png (50 KB, 215x124) Image search: [Google]
miserable.png
50 KB, 215x124
I'm not even gonna try.
>>
>>342152349
I beat all the levels and unlocked all the free characters. Not much reason to continue after that, since I don't need bigger weapons to beat it again.
>>
>>342152349
I hope the NX is backwards compatible so I can play this game

Fuck the Wii U
>>
>>342153164

Divisive Ganondorf & Fi will net you 3-4 levels every 3 minutes for light/dark toons on the twilight map
>>
>>342153720
The Wii U DLC is enormous. Definitely worth all the extra content. 3DS version is okay, but absolutely skip it if you don't have a N3DS due to the framerate. Really not worth buying IMO if you already have the Wii U version. Get the DLC.
>>
>>342152817
I took a break after getting bored of the repetition and recently got back into it. It's one of those games where there's really good replay value, but you temporarily get sick of it.
>>
No, but I S ranked everything in Pirate Warriors 3 on very hard. Only thing I have to do left is getting all of the characters to level 100.
>>
File: one game man.png (82 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
one game man.png
82 KB, 500x280
Haven't played any Musou so don't know if I should get this
>>
>>342154262

Sounds like it. Wii U will get the new toons/weapons but not the maps, Epilogue or the 2 WW adventure maps

Its a REALLY dick move on their part that makes no sense.
>>
File: link.png (57 KB, 640x230) Image search: [Google]
link.png
57 KB, 640x230
>few silvers on Twilight Map because level 200 characters with all badges still take fifty hearts worth of damage from a Bokoblin sneeze
>Termina at 60% because five star weapons still only do chip damage to anything reptilian
>Ganon's Fury sucks ass and the Cucco is supposedly worse
>Medlie being the only character on the far right triggers my OCD
>even if I had the remaining characters, I wouldn't bother playing as them since only the 3DS version gets new maps
I don't care anymore.
>>
>>342152349
I'm still slowly working on it. Recently, I got access to the bottom left screen of the master quest map, so at least now I can start picking up the pace in levels.
>>
>>342155021
It was the first Musou game I played.
Probably wouldn't play a different one, but the Zelda trappings kept me interested in it and it was pretty fun.
>>
>>342153164
Don't ever use the Summoning Gate method. It's a garbage waste of time and it's way too dependent on RNG. Go find the double Gohma map that takes place in the Temple of Seekers(The one where you have to protect Zelda and fight Volga as he makes his way to the center in story mode), it's somewhere on the right side, I think it was at the bottom.

Go as Link, make sure you're using a sword that's got Rupee+ on it and as soon as you start the stage bolt to the right. Snipe the Gohma and what you want to do is two full normal combos then back off. Snipe it again and this time do a full combo but back off and then do a C3 outside of the trigger range for when a WPG breaks. Now what you want to do is keep doing C3s while avoiding every single Bokoblin you can. On the hit that will kill Gohma make sure the C3 hits as many Bokoblins as possible, and do your best to rush to other ones you missed and slash at them as Gohma is dying.

If you see your count instantly jump to around 540~ right when Gohma dies then the glitch worked but didn't work properly. If it jumps to 3k it didn't work at all, and if it hit 9mil obviously it worked. Doing it this way I managed to get it to activate once every half an hour to forty-five minutes, but it's such a finicky thing that even when you get it down and know how to do it it's still a pain in the ass for it to actually work. Most of the time you just jump to the 500s instead of it going under. I think the lowest I saw it was 380 for the glitch working but not working.
>>
>>342155625
well, i have to try again now, thanks
>>
>>342155625
>It's a garbage waste of time and it's way too dependent on RNG
>Doing it this way I managed to get it to activate once every half an hour to forty-five minutes
Nice placebo. Both are dependent on RNG.
>>
>>342155625
The glitch in general is RNG
Lana's method is faster since you just have to C5 once and her X randoms are instant to set it up
>>
>>342156019
No, I mean Lana's is randomness on top of randomness. Trust me, I tried the Lana method for like six hours before I couldn't take it anymore and got the Link method.

You have to hope the Gohma walks down the steps to you in the first place(The Skyloft map since you barely have any time to spawn anything on the other ones before you either kill your Bokoblin supply or Gohma is attacking you), then you have to pray that you get Argorok, then you have to pray again that Gohma doesn't spam attacks that can't knock it down, and then you have to have enough time to do the combo for Argorok's fire dash. It's a ridiculous amount of things that have to happen when all Link's needs is just for it to open its eye.
>>
Everything except the Cuccoo's fury missions and the achievement for making every type of potion.

Is that easier or harder than with Cia, not like I have anything I need to use rupees for since Ganon/Giant Cucco can't use the training dojo
>>
>>342156610
>You have to hope the Gohma walks down the steps to you in the first place
Get closer, turn left or right, spam X. Bosses don't do certain attacks depending on their range.
The amount of Bokoblins you kill doesn't matter. The same goes for Link's method.
>>
>>342156218
>Lana's method is faster since you just have to C5 once and her X randoms are instant to set it up
The problems are that even though Argorok massacres it there's many things that can go wrong. You have to first summon Argorok in general and knock Gohma down fast enough to even do the combo, you have to make sure to stop hitting it and bolt to a supply of Bokoblins and either hope Argorok lasts or the fire reaches them in time, then you have to stop hitting the Bokoblins so they die at the same time as Gohma, then you have to also hope you don't hit Gohma or the Bokoblins while getting out of the way, and so on. With the Link method you just have to C3 in their general direction since they all clump up around Gohma anyway, and the C3 has a huge range and only hits once compared to the flames Argorok does so there's absolutely no danger of delaying either death.

>>342157053
Cia and Link method are both the same kind of deal in terms of speed and ease, I'm just bad with Cia and don't have her Tier 3 so I couldn't use her properly.
>>
>>342152349
I didn't even beat it.
>>
>>342157195
>You have to first summon Argorok in general and knock Gohma down fast enough to even do the combo
Summon Argorok first
Then approach Gohma
You get a significant amount of time to summon him
>you have to make sure to stop hitting it and bolt to a supply of Bokoblins
Gohma is surrounded by Bokoblins at the start
>then you have to stop hitting the Bokoblins so they die at the same time as Gohma, then you have to also hope you don't hit Gohma or the Bokoblins while getting out of the way
these have no effect on the glitch
the entire thing is random since people have actually gotten maxed rupees through both methods (and there are others) without killing bokoblins
>>
>>342157191
>Bosses don't do certain attacks depending on their range.
Could have fooled me, you can be the perfect distance where it normally does the eye beam and you'll get either the jump or it just decides to turn around at times, and you can't go further ahead since it triggers the Bokoblins.

>The amount of Bokoblins you kill doesn't matter. The same goes for Link's method.
I was under the impression the more you kill is better since it's all dependent on when they die and drop Rupees, and some die earlier or later than others which gives you a way better chance at having it activate at all. It always seemed to work way more if you killed more because of that, even if it didn't roll over into the negatives.

>>342157505
>You get a significant amount of time to summon him
I've gone dozens and dozens of times where Gohma will be right in front of me and downed and I still haven't summoned Argorok yet even with dash cancelling. Hell, I've had multiple times where I've had to wait because Argorok ran out by the time I could shoot the eye and do the combo since Gohma just loves farting around. Sometimes it just outright decides to turn around even if you're shooting at it or pissing it off. There is no way you get Argorok every time you need it while Gohma is also ready to use the eye beam, just no way. The hundreds of runs I did had at least 60% of them where Gohma either turned around or Argorok was only seen spawning while it was walking away. Maybe 25% of those remaining attempts actually had the thing spawn while it was walking towards me and then did the eye laser.

I personally just found the Link/Cia method way faster to execute and it wasn't dependent on the game handing me Argorok at the perfect time or if Gohma decided to also cooperate. It may be like 20 seconds longer than a perfect Argorok kill, but all that time you save is wasted when the game gives you the middle finger over and over.
>>
File: ss_link_face.png (164 KB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
ss_link_face.png
164 KB, 500x225
>>342158282
>I was under the impression the more you kill is better since it's all dependent on when they die and drop Rupees
The chance of the glitch activating is set when you start the mission, not when you kill Gohma. Bokoblins really have nothing to do with the boss' death since all that matters is killing it without activating WPS.
>>
File: Complete Adventure Mode.jpg (2 MB, 1280x3600) Image search: [Google]
Complete Adventure Mode.jpg
2 MB, 1280x3600
>>342152349
I finished it last year. I haven't touched the 3DS version yet.
>>
>>342158580
What, is there an actual thesis on how the glitch works now?
>>
>>342159340
Just varied theories. I'm inclined to agree with people that suggest the WPS only thing since I've done Link's glitch without killing any Bokoblins, Lana's rupee glitch after accidentally killing multiple Bokoblins before even hitting Gohma once with Argorok's fire, and Lana's with zero Bokoblin kills since Gohma knocked me back and followed me to the bottom of the hill.
>>
>buying shovelware
>2016
>>
>>342160015
>2016
>misusing the word shovelware
>>
>>342154628
>being THIS fucking butthurt
>>
Long time ago.
Does any of the new Wii U DLC add any actual content (as in stages/adventure maps), or is it just characters/weapons?
>>
>>342159094
You are missing two new maps, plus the incoming 4 ones.
>>
File: 1466337124050.png (455 KB, 570x1160) Image search: [Google]
1466337124050.png
455 KB, 570x1160
>>342161891
no
>>
After I made a perfect hasty attacks weapon for Volga I got really bored.
Seeing the giant fastforward dragon a hundred times a level got to me.
>>
>>342152349
I bought it when it came out, put a few hours in to it and stopped. My first Warriors game and it really isn't for me sadly.
>>
100%? Fuck, I haven't even updated it.

Should I? And is the DLC worth it?
>>
>>342162831
Fug.
New characters without any new stages/objectives to use them on is no fun at all.
>>
>>342163483

This. It doesnt make any sense not to include at LEAST the new adventure maps.
>>
>>342163758

They want you to buy the game a second time Anon.

This is not hard to understand.
>>
>>342163337
>And is the DLC worth it?
fans will tell you yes because it gives you more hours of gameplay
I'm going to tell you no because you don't get new levels, the maps just recycle old ones with slightly different objectives, and most of the DLC characters aren't even involved in missions
>>
100% Musou games has always been a masochist errend
>>
>>342163758
except it does make sense when the new maps use the windwaker stages and have mechanics that aren't in the wii u version
>>
>>342155171
This shit really pisses me off. No new story stuff either.

To answer OP's question, no. I've only completed the first map.
>>
>>342153837
>DLC just dropped for game
I can't imagine why people would talk about it man, maybe all of life is actually a tv show about you
>>
>>342153837
Happens to me all the fucking time.
>>
>>342153837
ANY TIME I GET EVEN SLIGHTLY INTERESTED IN SOMETHING, EVEN IF ITS NICHE, IT COMES UP ON /V/
>>
>>342164935
>>342165162
It always happens, you just never noticed it before because it didn't interest you at that time.
It applies to pretty much everything, even things like seeing people at college.
>>
>>342165537
No not really, I have a stay at home job so most of my day is "shitposting". I monitor this site more than a normal man should.
>>
File: 1458793018055.gif (946 KB, 320x190) Image search: [Google]
1458793018055.gif
946 KB, 320x190
>>342164142

Lazy bastards
>>
Fuck no.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.