[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VR Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: vive.png (26 KB, 539x202) Image search: [Google]
vive.png
26 KB, 539x202
Vive or Rift? Favorite games? What blew your mind, what failed to impress etc.

Using the Vive myself, so far Holopoint, Elite Dangerous, Zero-G and Space Pirate Trainer have all been fucking amazing. Holopoint is also quite the cardio workout to get you going heh.

I know /v/'s general opinion seems to be VR is a gimmick, which I don't quite get as I don't think normal games will be quite the same for me now.
>>
A fad and a gimmick.
>>
Vive no contest.

The lab for the best looking and out of ammo for the best playing game right now. Got so into that shit I slammed a controller into the wall chucking a grenade. I wish I couldn't see the rings on the glass sometimes
>>
>>342147558
>i hate fun or am poor

Gotcha, move along to another thread.

>>342147648
Haven't tried out of ammo yet, I'd have to say the best looking solid VR experience thus far is ED though.

I am also having a blast with tilt brush and audio shield lol, so simple yet so fun.
>>
>>342147893
Yes, anon, I hate fun because I don't like the VR gimmick. Just like you hate fun for everything you dislike.
>>
>>342147341
Just like how TORtanic caused /v/ to want every game to fail, the 3D fad caused /v/ to want every tech innovation to fail.

I don't get it. VR isn't a new concept, it's literally what people have been working/hoping for since gaming started. Finally, the technology catches up, and everyone just wants to feel smug and yell GIMMICKFAD instead of being hopeful.

Confimation Bias ran amok when that Giant Bomb shit came out, despite plenty of individuals and other sites saying positive things.
>>
>>342147893
you should try out of ammo if you got room scale. it looks like duplo jihad but damn it gets super intense. tons of balance issues ATM if you ask me but it sounds like some of its getting worked on like enemy snipers and tanks being frustratingly op.

the reload mechanics really bring me into the game i just wish it wasnt such a pain in the ass to reload and use the mounted machine gun. you have to sqeeze both side grips to hold the gun and then triggers to use it and to reload you have to push the bolt forward, lift the top, put the new ammo chain on, close the top, and slide the bolt forward again. simple untill like 20 fuckin dudes are piling out of a truck on you
>>
Shitposters not welcome.

Personally, I've got a Vive and a Rift, because I want motion controller stuff now, but also like Touch better so I'm waiting on that and will sell my Vive later most likely. Don't really care about company/business related matters, the hardware matters more to me, and I've spent a lot of hours in Touch games now because of some connections I have. My favorite game's probably The Climb using Touch for shorter games/experiences, and E:D for longer.
>>
>>342148279
It seems like most of /v/ hates everything which makes me wonder why those people come here. Between platform purists, western vs eastern, etcetc, do any of these faggots just enjoy games? I still play vidya 4-6 hours a day. VR is just a new way to get immersed which is great.

Though HTC can fuck right off for charging $800 then proving FOAM fucking face padding, Leather you cheap korean fucks, no one wants to sweat share when taking turns on holopoint.
>>
>>342147341
You didn't understand what gimmick is.

I already had my time with "VR" by playing Virtual Boy. I'll probably pick one up when they're down to $50-$100.
>>
>>342148689
I think I'll stick with the Vive until second gen hits, in which case I'll decide at that time. I do really hope this exclusive nonsense stops on Oculus part though, VR needs to grow in all areas not just for one headset or the other.

>>342148689
I'll definitely check it out as yeah I do have room scale, I set my vive up in living room to my other PC, have had a lot of guests over to try it out and fun times ensued.
>>
>>342149204
>namefag
>compares modern tech to the virtual boy
You best be trolling. Of all the anti-VR shit I've heard, "I already played the virtual boy" is the most retarded.
>>
>>342149132
>Between platform purists, western vs eastern, etcetc, do any of these faggots just enjoy games?

Probably not. It feels better to be a smug cunt on the internet than to actually try to like video games, I guess.
>>
>>342147341
All I have is a gearVR. Pretty crazy already, but the lack of positional tracking hurts it.
It's kind of heavy on the face, though. Are Rift or Vive better in that regard?
>>
File: 1458596403065.png (2 MB, 1000x1488) Image search: [Google]
1458596403065.png
2 MB, 1000x1488
>>342149747
Makes me feel kind of sad for them. It's quite nice having a Ps4, Xbone, Wii U and a PC capable of VR, 1440p@120hz etc. Get to play whatever I'm interested in, no matter where it's released.

>>342149598
Just don't acknowledge the trolls and they'll get bored.

I am also downloading CM3D 2 now. What am I in for guys?
>>
>>342149884
Don't know how they compare to GearVR, but the Rift is a bit lighter than the Vive. They both have pretty decent head strap things though, so the weight isn't really that noticeable if you adjust them right.
>>
File: AceCombat7.jpg (132 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AceCombat7.jpg
132 KB, 1920x1080
>>342147341
>Vive or Rift?
Why be exclusionary?

Anyway I'm getting Thumper, 100ftRobotGolf, Rez, RIGS & Megaton Rainfall on day1 and then GranTurismo the very next month.
If I'm reeeeally bored I might get Battlzone, and EVE valkyrie (doubt it though since there are also a shit ton of non-VR games I'll want to play)
>>
>>342149884
I haven't tried the GearVR for some reason, I had a Note 5 and now have an S7 Edge lol. The Vive is pretty comfortable to me, much more so than my DK2 was. My only gripe is the foam face padding gets grossly sweaty very quickly if you're doing really active games. I wanted to order a leather cover for it but they are back ordered until july...
>>
>>342150193
well most people don't have infinite money so that's probably a factor
>>
>>342150193
I know quite a few people into VR, I don't know anyone that has both consumer models =p Though if some do, awesome. I'd be curious to know what people think of the differences when having it to use on a daily basis.

I'll likely also pick up a Ps4 Neo and PSVR this winter, as there's quite a few titles I'm interested in on it.
>>
>>342149598
>the clunky headset with two internal screens and which is manipulated by a controller is not the same as the clunky headset with two internal screens which is manipulated by a controller

Even if I wrote the original message as anonymous (which i'm doing now) it would not change this fact.

The VB was monochrome and displayed 2D.
Current devices are in color and display 3D.

thats like saying the gameboy wasnt a handheld and only the 3DS is because it is current.
>>
File: 1406677857639.gif (3 MB, 250x173) Image search: [Google]
1406677857639.gif
3 MB, 250x173
This thread is doomed again isn't it. I just want to have comfy VR game discussions.
>>
>>342150809
There's not enough people around who know what they're talking about.
>>
>>342150809
give it time anon. very little big name support right now. lots of people are poorfags who like to shit on fun they cant have as well.

its too early to be having vr threads on /v/ if you ask me. needs more games
>>
File: AceCombat7.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
AceCombat7.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>342150490
It's very unlikely Neo will come out this year, FYI
>>
>>342150792
>thats like saying the gameboy wasnt a handheld and only the 3DS is because it is current.
They are both handheld, but vastly different experiences when actually played.

Are you fucking retard? Try and tell someone "Oh, I played the gameboy color, so I basically already played the 3DS."
>>
>>342151456
Both are handhelds.
Both have mario and zelda.
Both are fun.

Yeah, its the same thing.

Heck, even some people prefer the GBC games over the 3DS games.

Quit being autistic over the simple fact that current headsets are just fancier virtual boys.
>>
>>342152603
>bleach is just fancier water.
>>
My Vive is sitting here while I wait on my GTX 1080 to ship. Just wake me up when it gets here..
>>
>>342151456
>>342152838
Just so we're all clear here, you are aware that the guy's not actually serious and you're just replying to him to keep the thread afloat, right?
>>
>>342153078
>taking anything serious on 4chan.

i sure hope so
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.