[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time for another Moitor vs HDTV Thread!!! where do you like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
File: 1863xk84tlu9yjpg.jpg (21 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1863xk84tlu9yjpg.jpg
21 KB, 636x358
Time for another Moitor vs HDTV Thread!!!

where do you like to play your games?

how big is yours TV(bigger is better)

discuss pros and cons
>>
File: image.jpg (278 KB, 1307x1053) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
278 KB, 1307x1053
>>342143614
Hold up (smacks lips)

Why are these Tvs so damn expensive I wish I could find them somewhere else than Ebay
>>
>>342143828

CRT are great for motion gaming, but it will kill your eyes.
>>
They both use the same display technology these days.
TV's just cost more because they have a tuner and additional inputs and shit.

Ideal screen size is entirely dependent on how far away from the screen you sit.
>>
File: Zim_WalkOfDoom_4.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Zim_WalkOfDoom_4.jpg
316 KB, 1920x1200
>>342144237
>but it will kill your eyes.
Like this?
>>
I like to keep my games in a big HDTV with multi HDMI ports, I love the size and gives great inmersion.

even FPS Games, I sit close enough so..., Battlefront and Overwatch looks awasome..
>>
Monitores are great for RTS games(a msut will say) but if you care about picture quality you should main for a TV setup, can compare on colours and contrast ratio.
>>
I play console games in a monitor.

its fine.. I think..
>>
>>342144328
Read somewhere a while ago that TVs use differently aligned pixels to make low-res video look less jaggy. Like a hardware AA.
And that would make things look blurry on a PC since a lot of text and icons are made with regularly aligned pixels in mind.

But that might be BS. Anyone itt that could fill me in?

Also, are there even TVs out there with 60< hz?
>>
>>342143614
I play PC games on a 27" monitor and console games on a 40" TV
Sometimes i connect my PC to my tv instead if i use a controller
>>
>>342146663
And doesn't TVs have a bigger tendency to get dead pixels?
>>
>>342146663

Its called Hardware Scaling, they made SD look good, that why old console like PS3 looks great in TVs but fucking horrible in Monitors.

Most 4K or 3D high end tvs can do 120/240hz NATIVE, thanks to new standart(like HDMI 2.0 etc)
>>
M+kb, monitor. Controller, tv. M+kb is weirder on TV for me than controller on monitor.
>>
>>342146663
It's true though
That's why standard cable looks decent on a TV, despite being 480p
>>
>>342143828
Because it became a meme on /vr/ and people started buying them up like crazy and artificially inflating the price.
>>
>>342146861
Pretty sure that's the opposite, I've had 3 HDTVs and never gotten a dead pixel on any of them, bought my first non-CRT monitor 6 months ago and saw a dead pixel within 2 days, looked it up and found out people actually expect their monitors to arrive damaged and unless there's more than 5 you can't send it back for another one.
>>
File: battlenew.png (696 KB, 687x828) Image search: [Google]
battlenew.png
696 KB, 687x828
I play on my 60hz 39" tv. Right next to it I have a 22" monitor at an angle.

I don't have the pc for 144hz set ups to matter or apply, so this is super ideal for me.

Obviously monitors are better but they don't get this big without getting really expensive.

In the future I want a big ass curved monitor.
>>
>>342143614
have a 32" tv. i actually dont like it that much. just too big to be a monitor.
>>
>>342144237
>using a 60hz crt
It'll kill your eyes if you're retarded enough to buy a low refresh rate crt.
>>
49" crappy 4k TV got my PS4.
>>
>monitor
Better color reproduction at the same price point.
Better g2g times at the same price point.
Better input latency (we're talking 1/2ms vs 20ms on the best tv's with gamemode fucking up the picture by turning down post processing) at the same price point.
>tv
Bigger at the same pricepoint

What sort of fucked up priorities do you have if you're gaming on a tv?
>>
>>342148408

Size.

Most monitors have abysmal picture quality, specially LCD or LEDs, are black are non-exist.

You can get all the pros of a monitors if you play on a Plasma like >>342144581 OP did.
>>
>>342147375
Damn you /vr/
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>You will never own this

Why live
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 568x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 568x448
are these tv really good or are they just a uh uh

MEME
>>
Should I ditch the dual screen 19" and 22" and just get a 27"?
>>
File: 1423494466359.png (217 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1423494466359.png
217 KB, 680x680
>>342143614
>time for another

FUCKING FUCK OFF YOU PIECE OF SAMEFAGGING SHIT FUCK OFF TO /g/ AND GET TOLD TO FUCK OFF THERE
>>
>>342148752
>Most monitors have abysmal picture quality
wat.

TN panels look washed out with medium to poor picture quality but an IPS monitor looks great. You get what you pay for in the monitor world. You buy a cheap ass monitor its almost guaranteed to look like shit. Also, a lot of TVs have an issue with pixel density when you are using them for a PC monitor. For watching movies or anime the TV does fine but playing some games on them make the pixels look bloated.
>>
>>342147541
You seriously can't replace a monitor with a dead pixel? That's bullshit
>>
>>342151000
Not if it's under a certain number.
>>
>>342147016
>>342147180
How much would hardware scaling affect UIs and text on higher res, like 4k? Since I'd take it that the higher pixel density the less noticeable it would be.

I'm really curious about getting a 30-40 inch 4k monitor, but I'm not sure if I can justify the PC display price.
Would mostly use it for photoshop and video. Games are not that important.
>>
I play on my 1ms monitor
>fucking great image and colors
>logitech 2.1 speakers are better than TV speakers
>no shitty input delay

TVs are for le comfy cockmonglers
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.