[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Killing Children Ingame
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 28
File: 2011-11-29_00045.jpg~original.jpg (447 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
2011-11-29_00045.jpg~original.jpg
447 KB, 1280x1024
>Ability to kill children in video games

[Yes/No]

>Would you be able to release a video game on steam in 2016 feauturing the ability to murder children, in an open world setting

Discuss
>>
File: 1457811111770.gif (528 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1457811111770.gif
528 KB, 680x383
>>342142979
I'd never.
>>
Thank god for mods huh
>>
>>342142979
I don't care about the ability to kill children but if you are going to make them invincible don't fucking make them so annoying.
That is one thing Bethesda does that pisses me off. I would have just rathered them leave children out of it if they were going to make them insult you and shit.
>>
Just make it like Fallout 1 & 2, a great crime with many repercussions.

If killing kids is as inconsequential as adults I probably wouldn't even bother other than trying it once with a save first and then reload after it's done to vent some possible frustration with a particular character. I wouldn't even mind if it branded me as child killer even if no one saw me kill a kid. It's a terrible thing to do considered almost universally by everyone after all. Bonus points if it leads to appreciation by certain characters or races while almost everyone else greets you with much more caution or hostility.
>>
dont put children on the game if you dont want them killled

breaks immersion to have unkillable npc's
>>
>>342143754
I like this idea.
>>
>>342143754
I'm with this guy

I was thinking about it the other day, how un-RPG like games are these days.
>>
im not going to pretend to not want to kill children virtual children

i want to kill your stupid poorly designed children

i do care, no limitations.

>i dont care about nudity
>i dont care about killing children
>>
>>342143754
no

just make the kids killable, no need for theatrics.
>>
It's a game, and they are pixels in a game. So yes.
>>
>>342142979
I don't really want the ability to kill children as much as I want the ability for children to die.

I was playing Skyrim a long while back around release and I watched a kid beat a dragon to death. I assume it was one of the many glitches bethesda games have, but it broke my immersion so horribly. It was hilarious, but fuck, it made it impossible for me to take the game seriously at all.
>>
Most NPCs in games are unkillable anyway. Why do you specifically want to kill children other than being an edgelord?
>>
No one in the game should have an immunity flag. In Morrowind you could kill plot-crucial NPCS, but it'd break the main storyline.
>>
>>342144373
If nothing else the "theatrics" serves as an excuse to have killable kids as you can explain it as "realistic" and not just appear to cater to gore-fanatic sociopaths, as they would say.
>>
ill say it bluntly, make virtual kids killable

that is all
>>
>>342142979

>>Would you be able to release a video game on steam in 2016 feauturing the ability to murder children, in an open world setting

Yes, Witcher 3 had an orphanage where a vampire fucked up a bunch of kids in gruesome detail plus a kid selling drugs so I don't think the ability to kill them is off the table. Bethesda just likes to pander to SJW's and they steer clear of anything controversial as much as possible. (Fallout 4 didn't have any references to rape even though it's relevant to the setting)
>>
If Bethesda doesn't want us to kill the kids why the fuck are they so annoying? I think the first thing that little shitstain said to me was an insult, and I was really upset to see her unphased by my shout as the guards and townsfolk behind her went flying.
>>
Either let me kill everything or don't let me kill anything at all
>>
File: 129791361355.jpg (17 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
129791361355.jpg
17 KB, 320x320
Skyrim's children are fucking awful and I'd love to have the game without them in it.
>>
>killing innocent adult
>killing innocent kid
What the fuck is the difference? Its hypocritical to pretend like children have some inherent value over grown people, who logically have much more to lose
>>
This is a topic that's danced around way too much. GoT doesn't picture the killing of Elia and Rhaenys but acknowledges it. Then they hyper-age Rickon so it seems more like a teenager being killed than the child he actually is. It's considered taboo in any visual depictions but not textual/fictional/historical. At least Max Payne had the cajones to do it.
>>
>>342145809
Children are generally defenseless against adult assailants while adults generally are not. It's much more cowardly to kill a child for this very reason. It's not about value unless you are in the same family.

Note I said generally, obviously seniors and sickly people can be as easy to kill as a child.
>>
File: 2773221-5682883091-MGSV-.jpg (28 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
2773221-5682883091-MGSV-.jpg
28 KB, 600x338
>>342142979
>Snake/BB is the most bad ass noncaring motherfucking soldier that (at this point) would kill thousands for his men
>Kaz is the most vengeful man in the planet that would probably literally nuke a city of 1 million innocent people in the name of revenge if it came to that

>N-NO DON'T HURT THE CHILDREN!! IF YOU DO THE MISSION IS OVER OMG IF THEY SHOOT YOU JUST RUN!

Fucking hate the influence of modern society faggots.
>>
>>342143739
I will never understand people who feel forced to kill anyone who insult them in video games
Are you guys fucking psychopaths?
>>
>>342147230
These are video games anon, you're retarded

These aren't real people.
>>
>>342147037
>>N-NO DON'T HURT THE CHILDREN!! IF YOU DO THE MISSION IS OVER OMG IF THEY SHOOT YOU JUST RUN!

Time out, did they really do that in MGSV??
I thought the whole point of that game was to show BB become a villain?
>>
>>342147446
It's not about that
It's just weird to know that some people are egoistical maniacs who would kill anyone who look bad at them if they could
>>
>>342147621
Lol I kinda agree except for the fact that videogames are one of the rare opportunities you can experience being a psychopath. It's probably morbid curiosity or invasive thoughts more than anything pathological.
>>
>>342147621
>It's not about that
>"I will never understand people who feel forced to kill anyone who insult them in video games"
>in video games

Stop posting, you fucking idiot. Go back to whatever hugbox website you came from.
>>
Why even add children if you're just going to make them all special non-interactable, non-game-rule following npcs
>>
>>342147576
If you kill a child soldier (they are in the OPPOSITE SIDE) you lose. Kaz at this point lost an arm and a leg, and his eyes are fucked up. He's the most spiteful motherfucker there is. His only motivation is revenge. Yet he's suddenly a pussy when it comes to killing children.

You know that part of the trailer when it looks like you shoot children in a cage? You actually shoot the lock to their cage to free them

Fucking piece of shit storytelling. Also in general the children that you save are constantly treated with care and Kaz really cares about them getting an education and all that shit.
>>
>>342147576
>he doesn't know
>>
>>342148265
Those soldiers are recruited, even if they do have a better life with BB. Not knowing any better, they continue to fight. Plus, it's much easier to nuke a city without a face then a child staring up at you. Also, what would be the point of killing them?
>>
Can you kill the kids in dragons dogma, I'm not at home or I would check myself
>>
>>342147621
It's a video game

it is not real life

just because someone would kill someone in a video game because they upset them does not make them psychopathic. They are capable of realizing that it's not real and that there are no real people involved.

I'd question your mental health since you can't understand this simple concept.
>>
>>342147576
uhh did you finish the game?
>>
>>342148350
Never finished PW, so I haven't touched V yet.
Don't think I ever will.
>>
>>342148424
So if you're being shot by child soldiers you just run instead of shoot even if you know you can easily win? The point of killing them in that one instance is that you were being PAID to do or
>>
>>342148265
Them not killing the children fits the narrative when you know the whole story
Besides all of Kaz's anger is focused on specific things not some edgy let's burn the world down anger
>>
>>342148524
see >>342148564
>>
>>342142979
Video games are fiction, therefore, whatever.
>>
>>342146439
Thats retarded most murders are not committed in an arena where both combatants have the same skills and strength
You usually sneak up on people to kill them so they are just as helpless as a little kid
>>
It was more irritating to me that I couldn't kill certain NPCs because they're related to quests. If i want to go on a rampage and murder an entire town I should be able to and not have 4 or 5 npcs that just keep standing back up after getting "knocked down"
>>
>>342142979
why not its just a game
who cares
>>
>>342142979
seems to be the real last taboo in vidya.
if any company is to do it I think it will be rockstr with GTA.
Especially as they are heading in a more "realistic" direction, why does the city not have children.
>>
File: 1459805585678.jpg (160 KB, 577x659) Image search: [Google]
1459805585678.jpg
160 KB, 577x659
The older I get the more dead I feel towards the novelty of "innocent children"

Simply because the majority of them, with an exempt few, will ALWAYS grow up to be shitty people.

But releasing a video game with that "feature" is pretty tasteless. Im not offended, I just recognize media bait. I'd rather not have kids/toddlers in games at all.
>>
>>342148595
Well BB is a tactical espionage mastermind. He's not just some grunt. There are alternatives to violence. Besides, those children are practically slaves. If that wouldn't cause you some moral compunction then you might actually be psycho.
>>
>>342148265
Kojima is a westaboo piece of shit and a huge SJW

What did you expect
>>
>>342148564
OK, it does set up BB as a villain but not through child murder, go look up the spoilers if you want but it's not great and is one of the big reasons, for me at least, why the story is a let down
>>
>>342143739
This.
GTA has no kids, and therefore no kids for you to kill.
Plain and simple, discussion avoided
>>
>>342148921
Pretty sure fucking kids in games is more taboo
>>
File: 13246421.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
13246421.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>342148979
>a huge SJW
>>
>>342148923
most of them are already shitty kids. Ive seen kids on the playground, they are little demons.
>>
File: FMV_Caim.jpg (11 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
FMV_Caim.jpg
11 KB, 640x352
Yes.
>>
>>342142979
Very immersion breaking when you can murder everyone in town but the kids.

Also what kind of message does that send?
Is it okay to murder adults?
>>
>>342148787
>You usually sneak up on people to kill them

That's quite the assumption to make unless you are a trained assassin of some kind, which is just as unlikely as most murders being committed in an arena.
>>
>>342148595
You can shoot them with non lethal stuff and cqc them, extracting them gives a bonus as well iirc
>>
File: cropped-website-banner_a.jpg (75 KB, 1102x350) Image search: [Google]
cropped-website-banner_a.jpg
75 KB, 1102x350
>>
>>342149124
well yeah, obviously.
sex doesn't really sut in vidya anyway, evrytime it is implimented in a game it is just a cheesy side thing to do.
GTA, witcher 3. no reason to have sex in a game.
>>
>>342149334
So you think people kill each other announcing before hand their intentions?
>I AM NOW GOING TO ATTEMPT TO MURDER YOU
No, you try to kill so that the other person never knew what hit him/her
>>
>>342148923
>The NEET virgin and his ''almost everybody but me is shitty''

Untrue, you were just bullied and avoided a lot in school due to your terminal autism and it's misshaped your fucked-up view on the world. Go be edgy somewhere else.
>>
>>342142979
It shouldn't be an issue in the first place, but if you had to include it >>342143754 presents the most compelling argument.
>make it so that it's highly punishable, but not to the point it breaks the game for you.
>no quests, achievements or tasks have goal of killing a child in order to deter people from doing so
>>
>>342142979
Yes please.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQTV43g-hAo
>>
>>342149658
I'd gladly rope you and myself into that group of shitty people Anon. I know my faults and I hope you know yours.

Im not sure why you made the assumption that we werent all in the same boat on this board.
>>
>>342147964
look at this edgelord lmao

fucking cuck lose some weight
>>
File: image.png (560 KB, 600x778) Image search: [Google]
image.png
560 KB, 600x778
>>342147621
Have you ever played a video game?
It's not the insults that bother me, it's that they replay the same fucking line every goddamn minute.
>Fallout 4
>Pick up can
>Strong disliked that
>STRONG BORED. STRONG WANT TO SMASH SOMETHING.
It's like being stuck in a mental asylum.
>>
>>342144541
The unkillable NPCs are quest-related.
The children are mostly not.

I'm all for everyone being killable, like in New Vegas.
Makes it seem realistic and makes you be cautious about who you choose to put in the ground.
>>
>>342144873
Didn't Cait say that she got raped?
>>
>>342143139
Jesus Christ Denton
>>
>>342142979
>>Ability to kill children in video games
Yes
>>Would you be able to release a video game on steam in 2016 feauturing the ability to murder children, in an open world setting
You can already do this in vanilla Skyrim through the console
This is nothing new, its not controversial in any way, and nobody is going to shed tears for the killing of children in any media, video games included
>>
>>342142979
yes you can. no devs have balls anymore, because everyone takes everything too seriously now because "muh 9/11, muh columbine, etc."

and yes, if you can kill adults then children should be killable. no point in making a distinction.
>>
File: badgoy.gif (426 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
badgoy.gif
426 KB, 256x192
Yes i would because i won't let any persons trie to destroy my vision of my dream game. I like constructive criticism but if they're ridiculous and just pandering i'll say go fuck yourself.
>>
>>342149905
I hope you can decapitate villagers in breath of the wild
>>
>>342143739
This holy shit first mod I downloaded was the one to kill that one annoying boy that would always insult me.

I'm a fucking warrior killing dragons and shit, why should I not be allowed to kick some faggy little boy in his candy ass?
>>
>>342149993
That's why I love most mods for Warband, especially the A Clash of Kings one.
Your companions only have a specific story they tell you when you meet them and when you visit their place of origin/interest, and they shut the fuck up forever. You do what you want with them otherwise - you put one as a minister, and they're forever thankful, treating you with the necessary respect; you make them a vassal and give them land, and they're forever in your debt, and acknowledging that; you build them around specific skills and force them into a specific purpose - they don't nag, they are there and do their thing as good as possible; and most importantly - they don't have stupid fucking one-liners or cheesy stories they tell you when you're wandering. So basically they are special and you remember about it without them shoving it in your face every five minutes.
The only problem I've got with them is that they're usually the first to go down in a fight, but otherwise - they're perfect companions.
>>
File: 1363281561700.gif (342 KB, 153x113) Image search: [Google]
1363281561700.gif
342 KB, 153x113
>Play Fallout 1 and 2 for the first time
>Learn you can kill children
Why didn't this catch on
>>
>>342144873
>Witcher 3 had an orphanage where a vampire fucked up a bunch of kids in gruesome detail plus a kid selling drugs so I don't think the ability to kill them is off the table.
It is. Being able to kill children without some serious fucking plot relevance is a hard no from ESRB.
>>
Absolutely yes. Good thing I can kill that annoying kid in the Vault 81 quest of Fallout 4. Keeping the antidote for yourself and letting that little shit die was amazeballs :^)
>>
File: 1465788941261.png (158 KB, 212x304) Image search: [Google]
1465788941261.png
158 KB, 212x304
>>342151220
>Moooom Jeremus said mean things to me :(
>I'm leaving this army because people disagree with me on certain points
>>
>>342151294
Is ESRB even relevant these days? It does nothing for digital distribution, and who's still buying boxed games for PC?
>>
File: 1387916779885.jpg (54 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1387916779885.jpg
54 KB, 300x300
>>342151452
>Give ghoul kid to the raider where he'll probably be raped, beaten, and overworked for years
>>
>Kids can kill you
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 560x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 560x451
>>342151643
>>
>>342151630
It doesn't matter how relevant it actually is, the only thing that matters is how relevant publishers think it is.
>>
>>342142979

Yep. Especially when they're annoying as that little cunt Braith. She deserved to suffer.

>Would you be able to release a video game on steam in 2016 featuring the ability to murder children, in an open world setting

Hard to see how it would get past raters. Aren't games automatically banned in some jurisdictions if they have child killing included?
>>
>>342144873
>Bethesda likes to Pander to SJW
No they don't
>>
>>342151624
That's why I specifically said "mods".
The base game got the wrong idea of having some special snowflakes in your army. I mean, the mechanic is just too off.
>a special snowflake can complain while being nothing more than a footsoldier
>but other footsoldiers can't complain
>but as vassals the special snowflakes don't complain about anyone else

Fucking pottery.
Again, that's why I love the ACOK mod companions.
>>
>>342142979
Yes, why not?
It's up to the player to question his morals whether or not he kills them.

>Would you be able to release a video game on steam in 2016 feauturing the ability to murder children, in an open world setting
No, the thought police would be on your ass and force you to censor it
>>
>>342152092
Yes they do. You cant even kill that annoying nigga Preston because "MUH SJW FANS, MUH PC VIEWS, MUH NEW FANS". I remember back way then where killing the Megaton sheriff was the first thing I did when entering the wasteland. He was an obnoxious roleplaying scum
>>
>>342144873
Are you fucking retarded?

Cait was raped by raiders
>>
>>342152331
You can't kill Preston because he's the "Yes man" of fallout 4.

Are you legit retarded?
>>
>>342152331
You can't kill Preston because he's a character in the main quest you dipshit, not because he's black.

I swear to christ you anti-sjw's create shit to be mad at.
>>
>>342152354
Yeah I actually remember that piece of the game. Cait was the best companion, and that Irish accent was really pleaseant to hear
>>
>>342143947

Or just don't try and kill children you sick fuck
>>
>>342142979
I see literally no reason not to.
>>
>>342142979
If you can kill everyone you should be able to kill children
>>
>>342152468
>>342152486
Main quest character? New Yes Man? He was useless for all the shitty story. Not even Father is unkillable but this nigga is? Dont go full autistic my PC cucks
>>
>>342152468
>>342152486
Preston is useless, though. Beyond the few initial quests, he should be killable.
The only one that really matters in the Minutemen story is... Sturges. Fucking Sturges. He's a handyman.

Also, New Vegas gave you the option to kill anyone, so why not here?
>>
>>342149974
At least I don't lose hair follicles LMAOOOOOO
>>
>>342152792
You couldn't Kill Yes Man in New Vegas

>>342152763
Yes Preston gives you the Minute men quest for the main story
>>
>>342144873
You say this while overlooking that in Fallout 3 you could hand over those Little Lamplight kids to a slaver community run by a black pimp.
>>
>>342142979

Why not? there are lots and lots of main stream games which allow children killing are you 12 op?
>>
>>342152763
Father dies any, and his death is essential for the progression of every faction. Plus, Preston is a follower, and pretty much every follower in F4 is essential. You're an idiot
>>
http://youtube.com/watch?v=E8z6pJHyyFA

Man up faggots, even fucking nintendo kills children on screen.
>>
>>342152763
You could even kill Desdemona (or however she's called) without talking to her. Just follow the trail and throw a few grenades into the dark room. Boom. They're gone. The Railroad doesn't exist.
>>
>tfw nuke megaton
wheres your immortality flag now motherfuckers?

>snake is the most bad ass motherfucker would kill thousands...
did you even play peace walker?? that said I know you can play it as you like.
>>
>>342152763
>>342152792
Holy shit. You can't kill Preston simply because you CAN fuck up every other faction in the game. Minutemen are the wild-card of Fallout 4.

>New Vegas gave you the option to kill anyone
No, you could could kill anyone but Yes-Man, for the same reason why you can't kill preston.
>>
>>342153006
Father dies anyway*
>>
>>342143178

God bless mods!

>>342145110
>>342145545

Killable children mod! Killing Braith for the first time and then posing her, and her parents corpses, in obscene positions after 200 hours of unmodded play was by far the top skyrim moment. Felt so good! Also brutally murdering Kayd and his mother. No little nigga kid is going to talk to the Dragonborn like that!
>>
>>342149529
Why are you putting words in my mouth? Try a middle ground between Sam Fisher and Shonen anime. The key word you said is "try", people don't always succeed and sometimes become aware someone is sneaking up on them.
>>
>>342152971
But Yes Man had his immortality explained.
You could actually kill him, but he'd simply come back and shrug it off.
>>
>>342152971
IIRC he switches to another body
>>
>>342153090
What? There isnt even a Minute Man story ending hahaha lmao. Now youre just trying yo troll, kiddo
>>
>>342142979
Oh how I miss the good old days of Fallout 1 and 2, that you could fucking kill those little fucking children. bonus points when you used a flamethrower and they would spas around running aimless and dying a horrible death, leaving only ashes and cinder behind.
My god, those were the good old days.
>>
>>342142979
>child being killed by player
>WAAAH UNACCEPTABLE RATE THIS AO+++
>child being killed by npc
>fun for the whole family Nintendo seal of approval

Children die in E for everyone games CONSTANTLY, the only real issue we have is who does the killing
>>
>>342142979
Invincible NPCs are a blight. Either make them killable or don't put them in the game.
>>
>>342152978
Shh.

Let people be idiots.

It's like when someone what's to argue "playing as a woman in a shooter" or "female leads in story games"

Let's not pretend they aren't already things that exist and have existed since the dawn of games.
>>
>>342142979
Fucking faggot. Braith is adorable- with the proper mods to make her look less like a spic with cheetos stuffed in her face, that is. All she wanted to do was get some of that Battleborn dick. Fucking Calcelmo gets a girl thanks to Mara, but what does Braith get? A fistful of Dragonborn to the face.
Now those kids in AssCreed 3, those are some devil's spawn that I desperately wanted to kill. I would have willingly allowed society to ostracize me or go on any number of lists if I could just kill one of those brats that ran around you going "whoop whoop whoop".
>>
>>342153006
Yeah that actually explains why you cant kill Preston. But wasnt Fallout New Vegas the game where your companions could die? Or was it 3?
>>
>>342153090
Yes Man would simply come back after you killed him. He didn't just get knocked down on his ass and stand back up after a few seconds.
Yes Man explained his "immortality" within the story.
Preston just got the essential treatment.
>>
>>342142979
Should be able to kill everyone, with penalties like >>342143739 that make you not want to kill kids.

TES/FO games should only have semi-essential NPC's, and only to stop quests from getting bugged due to other NPC's killing them while you're away.
>>
>>342153051
Have you tried The Institute ending? You kill every faction if youre 100% loyal to them and choose to kill your enemies now
>>
>>342152978
List as many as you can, I'm rather narrow with what games I play and played.
>>
>>342142979
I dont enjoy killing children in games but when they are immortal to everything, even other npcs, is kinda dumb.
>>
>>342142979
The way this thread is worded makes it feels like some sort of honepot thread.
>>
>>342153546
NV Hardcore mode made companions permanently killable.
>>
>>342147230
>I will never understand people who feel forced to kill anyone who insult them in video games

Then you're either autistic or pretending to be retarded.

The entire videogame world exists solely to entertain me, the guy who bought it. It has no other purpose. If some part of it displeases me, that part is going to get fucked, and it deserves it, for it failed in its one and only purpose.
>>
If you kill Braith (i think her name is) you get a letter from the battle-born kid who says that he wont tell anyone, this means that they were working on including child murder as a thing but it was later scrapped like many things in skyrim was.
>>
>>342143754
I dislike the idea that it brands you as a child killer if nobody saw you, however in it's place I think the idea of some kinda karmic system or whatever that affects your luck or something would be nice.

But then again I think that should kinda apply for adults and shit as well. Why the fuck is killing children somehow absolutely undeniably evil but following a granny getting her groceries around a corner then butchering her up and feeding dogs with her entrails somehow just fine if you don't get caught?

This is assuming you put a penalty to it.

Honestly I think instead of giving a shit about punishing people for killing kids, it should be more about making kids not invincible so that the game can feature them in more than just "I'm gonna slaughter these lil shits".

It basically gives the notion that all players generally want to kill kids, and nobody wants to act the hero. What's so heroic about saving invincible little brats that can tank dragons forever? Why isn't it more emotionally rewarding to have runs where a player fails to save a kid and sees their remains from a raid by bandits or some shit?

By denying such an option it's basically the world saying gamers don't like being good guys, or that good guys are all care bears.

Fucking Fire Emblem lets you kill kids or get kids killed, look how popular it is now and tell me how many moralfags complain about people letting shitters like Rolph die. They just put permanent death as an option, which is what games like Skyrim should have. An OPTION.
>>
>>342143739
I just kill their parents if they're dicks to me
>>
>>342153802
Look at this faggot enjoying his games.
>>
>>342153794
That should make a comeback in FO4 GotY
>>
only white male children
>>
File: grammy.jpg (13 KB, 353x397) Image search: [Google]
grammy.jpg
13 KB, 353x397
>>342153802
>tfw no annoying characters you can set straight or has a somewhat believable reason behind their irritating behaviour
>>
>>342153669
I played the Institute way, and I killed everyone EXCEPT the Minutemen.
Do you have a free pass to kill them afterwards or something?
>>
>>342142979

Anything and everyone you put in an open world game should be killable. If you're going to have kids in the game, those kids better burn real good when I decide to throw them in a volcano.

I think the ideal way to handle kids is Fallout 1 and 2: you can blow them up as you please, but if you do, NPCs will think you're a monster.
>>
File: 1452190313588.jpg (115 KB, 509x501) Image search: [Google]
1452190313588.jpg
115 KB, 509x501
>>342145110
>doesn't want you to kill kids

Lars Battleborn will thank you if you kill Braith. They wouldn't give the children voiced dialogue refering to you as a child killer if they didn't want you to. They're just sidestepping the issue.

By the way there is also generic vampire dialogue for kids too, even though the only child vampire is a voiced one named Babette.
>>
>>342142979

Having killable children bumps the esrb rating from M to AO, blame ameriga for that.
>>
If they aren't killable don't put them in the game, having god mode kids is retarded and putting the player in a world with no kids is preferable rather than being scared of the players testing the bounds of morality in your videogame, why not let the player experience the consequences of a child dying by their hands instead of shying away from it?
>>
>>342149529
Aren't premeditated murders relatively a small percentage?
>>
>>342154076
You need to complete the Minutemen storyline to the point you have random encounters with them in the Wasteland, then proceed to the Institute mission were you need to get a scientist from the Commonwealth and the MM will stand against you, there you have the option to kill them
>>
>>342152354
Literally one line of dialogue, and even then they didn't directly call it rape. New Vegas had many instances, direct ones.

You're the retarded one here.

>>342152975
This was 2008, SJWs were not even a thing back then.
>>
>>342152592
They're not real, my delusional friend.
>>
>>342154313
Ahhh 2008... Good times
>>
>>342149063
next gta needs kids.
>>
File: XoWKbqi.gif (165 KB, 620x446) Image search: [Google]
XoWKbqi.gif
165 KB, 620x446
>>342153916
>Why the fuck is killing children somehow absolutely undeniably evil but following a granny getting her groceries around a corner then butchering her up and feeding dogs with her entrails somehow just fine if you don't get caught?

Because pic related in Fallout.
>>
one of the many reasons Fo4 sucked was because many NPC's was essentials (they can't die).
Which is crazy for a fallout game, in fallout games you have always been able to kill every NPC in the game and if you kill a quest giver you automaticly fail it.
But nope bethesda wants people to play a linear no fun LE STORY game.
>>
>>342154306
Got it, thanks. Gonna try it out next time I start a new gameplay.
>>
>>342143947
>muh immersion

do you also hate when you can't kill npcs essential for completing the game?
face it, you're just a psychopath.
>>
>>342153271
Not him, but you are the fucking dragonborn, almost every single being is a helpless kid in front of you.
Also, if you have a gun, almost anyone on the street is a helpless kid to you.
>>
>>342154313
Bethesda has gone light on their shit. Even The Elder Scrolls doesn't refer to Molag Bal as "The Prince of Rape" anymore.
>>
Yes. I will snatch every motherfucker birthday.
>>
>>342142979
in skyrim can you go through and kill all the shop keepers and other random npcs and they die and stay dead forever?

I honestly havent tried this since oblivion or morrowind but never tried it again because you can fuck up the game.
>>
>>342153916
children are the future.
>>
>>342152331
Holy shit you are autistic.

Again Bethesda not letting kids die didn't stop them from adding VOICED FUCKING DIALOGUE about child murdering that plays if you use mods. In Skyrim killing Braith actually gets you a reward from the kid she bullied.

You can't exactly add voiced dialogue by accident. It's obvious as hell they expected people to kill them anyway.
>>
>>342142979
>killing children in literature, TV, movies
>Would you be able to release a book, show, movie featuring murder of children
this is why this conversation is dumb
>>
>>342154664
committing acts in a game isn't on the same level as committing same acts in real life. a phychopath doesn't know the fine line, most of us all do.
>>
>>342142979
Fallout 1/2 are on steam so yes.
>>
File: 2014-07-16_00001.jpg (505 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-16_00001.jpg
505 KB, 1920x1080
>>342142979
I have the killable non-essential children mod enabled, because fuck Braith.
>>
>>342154725
If I remember correctly, the encounter in Markarth drops the "Prince of Rape" bomb along a few other titles.
>>
File: 1465504963867.gif (2 MB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
1465504963867.gif
2 MB, 208x200
How did Last of Us get away with having kids dying?
>>
>>342154826
Doesn't mean you should put so much bias towards them in a fictional setting though. Reality doesn't even work that way, why the fuck should games? If you're gonna put kids in games that feature tons of indiscriminate killing, don't put them in just to be fucking mascots.
>>
File: asdfsdfsdfas.png (240 KB, 615x347) Image search: [Google]
asdfsdfsdfas.png
240 KB, 615x347
look, guys, if you don't like it then don't play my games. they're targeted towards more well adjusted socially adept individuals anyhow. there's plenty of titles out there for you to get your fix.
>>
>>342155128
Even if we buy the season pass, Todd?
>>
>>342155081

Kids dying =/= being able to kill kids.
>>
>>342154901
TRIGGERED
TRIGGERED
TRIGGERED
>>
File: HNvJ7U4.png (931 KB, 1068x1080) Image search: [Google]
HNvJ7U4.png
931 KB, 1068x1080
>>342155206
NO KILLING KIDS
>>
>>342149168
this I wish I could burn them all famm
>>
>>342145110
>why are kids annoying
Gee anon I don't know, it's almost as if that's how actual kids are
>>
>>342155431
I'll buy a season pass for my dog too if you let me kill them.
>>
>>342155548
Except kids in real life don't walk up to threatening strangers and say

"HERE TO LICK MY DADS BOOT?"
>>
>>342155673
Maybe you're not as threatening as you think you are, milk drinker.
>>
File: 1280984150629.gif (23 KB, 1164x849) Image search: [Google]
1280984150629.gif
23 KB, 1164x849
>>342142979
>Remove essential tag via mods
>Use Fury spell on them
>Let somebody else handle it
>>
>Not installing child nude mods with sexlab
>>
>>342142979
Yes. If you give the player the option of killing every NPC and the game features children, they should also be included. In the end it is just fiction where anything can fly.

Don't know about open world, but doesn't that one free Source zombie mod that's actually featured (?) on Steam have child zombies? I can see some uptight countries like Germany banning shit, but I don't think Valve would remove games based on that, assuming the game isn't only about killing children in a fetishistic manner.
>>
>>342155781
>full daedric armor
>companion has full ebony armor
>kid still gives me shit

It would be fun if other people than guards reacted to your equipment.
>>
>children start bullying you following you everywhere
>go inside a house
>they follow you
>you leave after they enter locking it
>burn the house and enjoy the screams as the house and the brats go to hell
wew is this possible in any game?
>>
>>342155431
>tells people kids are not killable and they would never want to encourage that
>goes and adds new quest to Skyrim remaster
>killing kids in Honorhall Orphanage now gives you 1000 gold
>npcs will call you the honorable title of "Orphan Hater" from now on
>gives little girls full marriage dialogue

This another one of your lies Todd?
>>
File: HaveASeat.gif (183 KB, 296x360) Image search: [Google]
HaveASeat.gif
183 KB, 296x360
>>342155986
>>
>>342156241
Oh look, fancy-pants got some armor. Real Nords fight in the nude. Now go up to one of those kids like a real Nord and watch them scream.
>>
>>342155986
Only if you use the korean patch m8

Loverslab doesn't allow loli cause has to compensate for the number of European and Canadian users by not allowing loli unless it's a 700 year old Elin or something.
>>
>>342156252
The Sims?
>>
>>342153916
>But then again I think that should kinda apply for adults and shit as well. Why the fuck is killing children somehow absolutely undeniably evil but following a granny getting her groceries around a corner then butchering her up and feeding dogs with her entrails somehow just fine if you don't get caught?

Fair innings rule, matey. It's the same logic rescue workers use: if you can only save one patient, you save the youngest.
>>
>>342156593
But that's silly. They CAN 'save' everyone. It's just putting in a bit more work. I think it'd be cool to have deaths with more engaging repercussions. While retards like Wu are talking about brain washing I think creating genuinely good games with engaging settings that let people explore what happens when you go murder hobo would open up a lot to players instead of the current dudebro shit like FO4 or censored GAMEOVER like MSG.

I mean look at Bethesda, they always have to make stupid FO games with the MC related to his family, so why not make your family non-essential and explore the paths that happens whether you succeed or fail to save them? Same thing with romance -> kids -> kids get into danger. I mean fuck, if I was looking to mess with the Dragonborn after he killed Alduin but I'm just a god damn bandit, the first thing I'd do is nab his kids.

All I'm saying is, instead of treating it like some accessory they should make it integral or failing that like others said, leave it out completely. Just don't half ass it.
>>
>>342154938
>>342154664
You can tell the psychopaths apart from regular people by how they justify it.
Psychopaths just wants the ability to 'kill' or punish anything that annoys them, with only the threat of legal action preventing them from doing it in real life.

A person with some modicum of empathy might still insist on those role-playing opportunities as a means to explore new story arcs (and resulting personalities), including those that involve taboos and unspeakable crimes.

It's certainly acceptable to explore abhorrent actions in simulated reality if you intend to learn from it or explore its hypothetical effects, but for a psychopath, it's a dangerous form of catharsis that only justifies their untempered impulse to destroy.
>>
Few adults want to go through the discomfort of creating animations for a child being killed.
>>
>>342142979
No More Room in Hell made an active choice to let you kill child zombies and refused to bend when pressured by SJWs and the mentally ill. It made me happy.
>>
>>342157250
You know that doesn't fly for games like FO where the majority of the combat is just making holes in bodies. There's not much animation to it, and the Skyrim mods that let you dismember probably don't even need to be customized to kids or anything, it just works across all models.
>>
>>342147879
I wish there were more options when it came to dealing with NPCs that insult you. For instance, NPC X insults you. Instead of killing him or ignoring him, you beat him within an inch oh his life. Now every time you come into town, NPC X cowers from you or tries to kiss your ass or something along those lines.

Are there any games that do something similar?
>>
>>342156241
Don't mods mostly fix this?
>>
>>342154518
>Blames Fallout.
It has less to do with video games and more to do with how society in general views child killing, you 'tard.
>>
>>342156562
Korean patch?
Its as simple as dropping one file to bypass that if you know where to look.
>>
File: 1466162236648.gif (4 MB, 200x360) Image search: [Google]
1466162236648.gif
4 MB, 200x360
>Fallout 3.
>You can't kill kids.
>But you can nuke megaton, which has kids in it.

>Stalin was right.
>>
>>342157845
I haven't played Skyrim in two years, so I don't remember.
Although I remember the prostitution mods... oh, and the weed mods.
Great stuff.
>>
>>342142979
That's edgy, why would you want to kill children.
>>
Should be able to have kids and raise them to be young warriors or whatever but all this shit can be done with mods so whatever
>>
>>342158354
The lewd stuff already has a system where NPCs react differently (for rape/prostitution/sex/etc) depending on what you wear, so basically the framework already exists for normal gear. It just means you gotta change it up a bit.

Granted if you want custom responses there's no voice acting, but really who gives a shit?
>>
>>342142979
I want a game where you play as a child and have to kill other kids and adults. Maybe theres a war or something.
>>
>>342158458
There's mods where you can raise kids and see them grow over time? Where? I want to raise an army of dragon hunters. Or failing that, a caravan of skooma dealers.
>>
>>342158171
So glad Don Roach is catching on. Bless his tiny angry heart.
>>
>>342158626
Oh myy, I'm tempted to give Skyrim a go again.
>>
File: lz8zj2Pm3T1qdklv1o1_500.png (111 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
lz8zj2Pm3T1qdklv1o1_500.png
111 KB, 500x353
>>342158454
because you're Caim
>>
>>342155431
b-but you said i am able to do whatever i want
>>
>>342142979
They should be killable. It is a game and becomes so obviously a shitty game when a dragon attacks a town and only the kids are alive while the dragon pointlessly snaps at them
>>
They're not children, they are just a bunch of pixels like every other "living" thing you kill in a game so why the fuck not.
>>
>>342142979
No development team have the balls to do anything like that. I wish a team can have this feature implemented..
>>
>>342159267
But every Fire Emblem game in existence doesn't prevent you from getting the child characters killed, nor prevent you from killing them should they be on the enemy side and available to fight against.

The fuck are you talking about? I remember in FE12 I slaughtered that brat and his buddy that tried to fight against me because they got paid to be mercs, and not even intentionally they just ran into my choke point and died from retaliatory attack.
>>
>>342142979
Yes.

No.
>>
>>342159267
literally bethesda
you just have to type some console commands.
>>
>>342148923
Most kids are already completely horrible people by age 9.
>>
The reason is because the UK is the second largest market in the West and they have laws on depicting child death which push the age rating up into unfavourable ratings.

Same shit with pretty most of Europe. America has the same system I believe.

It's easier to allow modding than to deal with legal shit.
>>
>>342159750
Depends on how shitty the parenting is
>>
>>342148923
innocent doesnt imply they are good
it imply they know very little and dont have the experience to deal with matters we must deal with
>>
You can kill a couple babies in Dying Light. I can't remember if you break their neck or suffocate them in a sleeper like hold but they call it "calming them down" it is absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>342159989
they are zombies, who care.
dead space let you kill infants if that is considered child killing.
>>
>>342159267
Nothing to do with 'balls', but to do with rating boards.

Do you really think the developers of 'Hatred' would have had a problem with allowing you to murder kids and mow them down? No, of course not. But if you want to make money, you need to be open to UK and USA market, which have really strange laws on depeciting child murdering. If they're zombies? Okay. Robots? Fine. Monsters? Sound as a pound.

Actual human children? Not allowed.

This obviously asks the question "if they're Elves/Orcs/Dwarfs/OCDONUTSTEEL" would it count? Answer is; probably.

So, that's the reason.

Besides, most dev's used to put this shit in and allow it via commands. Sims 2 had a female masturbating animation for the shower, but it wasn't activated. I believe a mod did so.
>>
Needs to be more open world games where you can rape people desu, kids included.
>>
>>342158731
You need sexlab to make the kids in the first place but New Vegas had it so it makes since Skyrim would. They even grow up with time.
>>
File: 4db.png (62 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
4db.png
62 KB, 310x310
>>342154664
>>342152592
>>
>>342160667
>They even grow up with time.

I am mainly interested in how they change model wise as they grow up, like how often it happens and what changes occur as they grow in each increment. Sounds incredibly heavy duty on the work load of gearing up if it's anywhere near as complex as what I am envisioning in my head so I doubt that's the case.
>>
>>342154664
Yes, that is artificial restiction of my player freedom.
>>
>>342154664
>do you also hate when you can't kill npcs essential for completing the game?

Not him but in any kind of 'open' oriented game, it does for me. I don't even give a shit if it ruins my ability to complete the game. That's fine. I dislike the idea that being able to do whatever I want should still always allow me the ability to reach the 'ending'. If I fuck up hard enough, I SHOULD be in a dead end though granted it'd be nice to make it not so binary.

Something like how NV works for me, like if you could kill Yes Man and then it just ends with some shitty slides with a 'bad end' instead and completely skips the last mission.
>>
>>342144873
Nigga Bethesda plays it safe because it's bitten them in the ass before.

Oblivion was originally rated T, then a boob mod came out and it got bumped up to M. Yes, even with shit like Lucien's hanging, flayed corpse, the game was originally a goddamn T.
>>
File: antonmilk.jpg (31 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
antonmilk.jpg
31 KB, 640x360
If you kill children in a game, the game should send the police a message, so they can come break down your door and take you to jail.
>>
>>342162678
you said the word kill and children that's thought crime!
>>
>>342162678
If only the internet could do that for people who pretend to be retarded.
>>
>>342142979
>daaaaaaaaaaaaaad Quan Li's here
>chat fuh, Boba. Diddy mao
>yup *scoots away*
>always a pleasure to meet a Jedi
>>
>>342163051
lololololol
Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.