[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what exactly is wrong with this game? It looks okay but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 35
So what exactly is wrong with this game? It looks okay but I haven't seen anyone on /v/ nor anywhere else say anything positive
>>
>>342141495
open world has ruined every single game made with it since 2012

prove me wrong
>>
>>342141495
The stupid bitch won't shut her mouth when i play.
>>
>>342141495
You know /v/ continues on when you aren't here right? It's existence doesn't end when you stop looking at it.

There has been plenty of praise for it.
>>
The main character design is atrocious. No interest.
>>
>>342141495

It's a PS4 exclusive. So deciding that the game looks bad for some reason will save most people on this board about 400 bucks.
>>
>>342141721
This. Metal Gear Solid V was the game that made me feel this way.
>>
>>342142017
I think OP just means that it's getting an unusual amount of flak, moreso than what is expected from /v/ which is true. Sometimes /v/ will be AT MOST cautiously optimistic when they're not saying a game looks outright terrible but it seems pretty unanimous that no one thinks this game is good
>>
>>342141495
The whole idea looks incredibly stupid to me, killing a several tons robot porbably made of steel and titanium with a bow? doesn't even matter if it carries an explosive charge it just crosses the line of suspension of disbelief for me and the worst part is that it takes itself seriously if it were cartoonish i wouldn't care but not with how this game tries to handle things.
>>
>>342141721
>was going to counterpoint with Red Dead Redemption
>Release date 2010
Perfect argument desu. What was the last good open world game?
>>
Because it looks just ok, but it's open world. I'll never buy an open world game for more than a fiver.

I'd rather not buy them at all, but then I may as well sell my PlayStation.
>>
Looks too easy and totally scripted.
>>
>>342141495
https://youtu.be/cdX5UDgQ8x0
>>
>>342142672
None ever in the history of 3d games.
>>
>>342141495
only scripted shit so far.
This game reeks of release downgrades.
>>
>>342141495
Cool idea but so far the gameplay looks too simplistic and slow. Will probably turn out to have a lot of scripted stuff and "SHOOT HERE" levels of difficulty. Also don't really like the tone of the game so far, you'd think a game in which you get to shoot giant robot-dinosaurs with a high-tech bow wouldn't take itself so seriously.
>>
>>342142907
Was Super Mario 64 Open world?
>>
So based on the way they've presented the story so far Aloy is almost 100000% going to be an android of some kind as the definitely unexpected and totally unpredictable twist, right?

That aside overall I think it looks alright. The basic gameplay loop seems like it could be fun but the enemy/weapon variety and mission/open world design will definitely make or break it.

As it is them making this the millionth game to have the "liberate villages" side missions isn't really a great sign to me.

>>342141746
On the Giant Bombcast they were actually talked about that and they said that during the demo they did behind closed doors it didn't seem like she was doing that.

In all likelihood it's either just something they did for the conference demo (kind of like when they do the "totally real voice chat u guize" for multiplayer demos) or just a tutorial-type thing that you'll hear toward the beginning.
>>
>>342142727
>>342141721
go play call of duty then you fucking fool
>>
>>342143020
No. A series or arenas connected by a hub is absolutely fine. Same as the new Deus Ex.
>>
>>342141721
Witcher 3? Shadow of Morodor? Those are the only two mainstream examples I could think of in a few seconds, but before you discredit this with personal opinion, they were both widely considered to be good games, and largely as a result of their open-world nature. I'd say that open world games being overproduced isn't so much a problem as AAA titles cutting corners lately, especially in regard to Fallout 4.
>>
>>342141495
> thw whole premise of fighting robot dinosaurs with bow is retarded
> she never shuts up
>>
>>342142347
This. I hate to think of myself as a fanboy, but it's not about the money spent. I just don't want to have to invest in another ecosystem. New gamertag, more bullshit emails, attach your Netflix, YouTube, and whatever other services you use. I bought an Xbox huge after growing up Nintendo and just stuck with that. You have to downplay exclusives to help yourself realize your not really missing a gaming experience that you can't find on your platform. And just when I think it's the time to buy into another platform something good enough for the bone comes out where all my co-op partners play. And just when I'm close to buying a pc for the whole horsepower trip they announce Scorpio. Now they just need the UWP Steam app and I win.
>>
>>342141495
The type of gameplay that it seems to want to produce hasn't been done even remotely comfortably EVER that I can think of. I can only imagine having awkward, choppy gameplay when it comes to shooting huge-ass dinosaurs with bows. It'll be like Monster Hunter, but for pompous douchebags who think that killing something bigger than you is a novel idea, and as such won't be expecting the level of quality that you'd be getting out of an experienced franchise.
>>
>>342143569
Are you not sick of this awful argument? I want to shoot robot dinosaurs. I just don't want to do it in a repetitive manner with 5 minutes of travelling before being allowed to have fun.
>>
>>342143971
you sound so fucking stupid and i guess zelda will be shit too
>>
>>342141721
Xenoblade Chronicles X
>>
>>342142630
>>342143721
Meanwhile Italian Plumbers eating Mushrooms to grow bigger is perfectly fine.

Quit being so autistic about "muh realism" and just have fun with a stupid but enjoyable premise.
It's better than most other post-apocalyptic settings anyways.
>>
>>342144112
What on earth are you even talking about you absolute mongoloid.

Open world games are shit. They can Stoll have interesting setting and enemies. Open world games are just not fun. There's literally no justification for 'travel to location x' before actual gameplay.
>>
File: whatangethinksofyou.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
whatangethinksofyou.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>342144383
another idiot that thinks his opinion is fact
>>
>>342143971
>>342144112
How about this. You're both stupid. Open World games aren't bad, BAD Open World games are bad, and the robot dinosaur simulator will suck major ass because it's an ""original idea"" with ""exciting new gameplay features"", which we all know is E3 for "We blew the budget on making it look pretty for consoles at a locked 30 fps, and you can expect choppy gameplay on the level of AssCreed, with major framerate issues on the PC and XBONE."
>>
>>342141495
Open world, I don't like the political and social leanings of any of the members on the development team. (at least the ones I was able to investigate)

Might be an excellent game, I'll never know because I don't plan to touch it with a ten foot pole.
>>
File: meme.png (254 KB, 1332x661) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
254 KB, 1332x661
>>342144642
>choppy gameplay
>>
>>342144579
Jesus fucking Christ. How do you not choke on your cereal spoon in the morning? I don't see you putting "in my opinion" at the end of every post you fucking spastic.

Don't go into a thread asking for opinions if you dint fucking like opinions.
>>
>>342144374
>if it were cartoonish i wouldn't care

Quit being illiterate.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 364x275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 364x275
>>342144680
>Not liking a game because the Devs have different opinions on certain things than you

This is worse than not playing a game because the fandom triggers you.
>>
>>342144642
I don't believe there is a good open world game. By design, it is automatically bad. So no, absolutely not.
>>
>>342144896
>thing isn't realistic
>if they made it obvious that it wasn't realistic I'd buy it
Retard.
>>
I'm excited for it, one of the top E3 games for me.
However, the whole dialogue wheel and the infected town didn't sit really well with me. I was always associating this with MonHun, not Rpgs or Ubisoft open world games.
>>
>>342142630
How can you even play games
>>
>>342145013
>by design, it is automatically bad
I promise you that walking won't tire you out as much as it does irl.
But seriously, why do you feel this way?
>>
>>342145013
this>>342144579
>>
>>342144927
Most definitely, but that is the reality of the society in which we live. I'm at the tipping point in my own personal beliefs and opinion, unwilling to dive any deeper into others.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 278x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 278x200
>>342145049
This.
The dialogue wheel sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't fit what this game should be at all.
>>
>>342144374
it's not about realism but about making sense, why are robot dinosaurs? if you can create robots why make some shitty dinosaurs and why fight them with bow instead of some amazing robotic superweapon...but wait, maybe they are naturally ocurring dinosaurs, well that's even more stupid
>>
>>342144680
Do you perform background checks on the food you eat too, anon?
>>
>>342145490
Do you not dude? That's even more important then a fucking video game.
>>
>>342145356
Most of them aren't even robot dinosaurs.
And most people that design robots think having some that are based off of animals would be able to suit certain environments better than just humanoid robots.
Hell we even see what each robots main purpose is supposed to be in the trailers.
>>
>>342145013
Seriously want to know the reasoning behind this.
The "I'ma smarter than you because I said so" approach hasn't been too convincing thus far.
>>
>>342141495
It looks kinda fun. Hunting robosaurs seems entertaining and all that jazz.
But I fear that instead of focusing on hunting giant things it'll be ruined by being more story oriented and quickly replace the robots with generic humans and hundreds of identical looking variations of the those evil robots we saw in the demo.
I want Monster Hunter, but I get the feeling that I'll be getting Far Cry with bigger animals instead.

I'm still skeptical.
>>
>>342145603
I just take the acceptable risk that the food I bought from the grocery store doesn't have any out-standing political views.
>>
>>342145793
Not anon, but I look at it like is.

There are a few songs on the pop radio right now that use samples and sounds based on default options available in any given daw. Identifiable to anyone with musical knowledge. Stock audio is disgusting. You can easily translate that view from music to video game theory.
>>
>>342141495

Personally it looks like it's going to feel like most other games it's slated to come out alongside. In that same press conference we had the New God of War, That new zombie game, and Horizon demonstrated. Beyond art design, they feel no different from one another. The story is probably going to be cut and paste man vs nature, and the praise for the game isn't going to come from anything gameplay related.

That's the issue I find with most games releasing these day. All effort is placed on narrative, as if story should take precedence in a game. Story should be rewarded seamlessly.

Instead what we're going to get is a overpraised mediocre experience because it has neat graphics and a female protag who we rely on having to tell us what to do as opposed to the designers creating visual cue and teaching us through experience.

Can't fault them for playing it safe though.
>>
>>342145958
I'd rather not remain the last one to know the eggs in my fridge contain salmonella because the asshat in charge didn't believe in following established laws and standards because of a political ideology.

So fuck yea.
>>
>>342145603
>>342146220
Good to know you've been wearing that tinfoil hat correctly.
>>
>>342146352
At least I have a filter and don' just mindlessly gobble up whatever is put in front of me. I might be a peasant, but I don't have to act like one.
>>
Honestly besides the tying down robos aspect it looks like a 3rd person far cry with rolling to me. It's kind of cool that there's certain weaknesses for robots, but the fact she can just scan and it tells you, kinda takes the fun out of it. Also what do you make with crafting? Just different arrow types I guess
>>
>>342145356
they didn't create the robots, the people that were there before the world ended did
>>
It looks good

It doesn't look amazing, and people are overly aware to the promises and downfalls of open world games.
>>
>>342146684
>people are overly aware to the promises and downfalls

nail to hammer head, perfection.
>>
>>342146038
That's a really good analogy, might even steal it later, but I don't think that a basic gameplay feature can be described as such. I'm not arguing for this game's sake either -- I think it's gonna fuckin' blow and that your analogy fits it quite well -- I just don't see the problem with a game being open world. There are GOOD open world games, and just because AAA titles have been making it out to be some revolutionary thing that their worlds are open, doesn't mean that it's a bad feature, it's just being misbranded as one by people who are too eager to hate the mainstream crowd despite the genuinely good games developed within smaller communities.
>>
Horizon Zero Dawn Eternity Darkness Forever Extreme Infinity Chronicle

What are some more meaningless words to throw into the title?
>>
>>342146660
Witcher 3 had the same issue. Witcher sense is cool, but the unlimited capacity of it ruined the novelty and quickly turned it into a flaw.
>>
>>342143578
>SOM
>good game
choose one anon you cant choose both
>>
>>342145793
I don't find backtracking and travelling fun. What the fuck do you want to hear?
>>
File: deathstranding.png (305 KB, 483x689) Image search: [Google]
deathstranding.png
305 KB, 483x689
>>342147383
Death
>>
File: ironreaversoulstealer.jpg (228 KB, 638x480) Image search: [Google]
ironreaversoulstealer.jpg
228 KB, 638x480
>>342141495
In the right hands, i think a Zoids game could be dope. Maybe competitive even if it's mechwarrior-esqe.
We can all dream right?
>>
>>342147717
you're dreaming correctly
I think my shit would really turn into a brick in the 'push'.

it's 2016, and a rare feeling to step into the cockpit of a mechnoid.
>>
File: turtlebro.jpg (23 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
turtlebro.jpg
23 KB, 480x300
>>342147898
The customizing options are insane!
From people a lightweight "ganker/flanker" to a heavy hitter.

I think it could be on Hawken level, if not better.

I guess the same could be said with Gundam huh?
>>
>>342141495
if the bow is the only weapon then it feels like it'd get boring fast

with MH you have a load of different styles to try out
>>
>>342147697
Why is this crap actor from a shit show who looks like he reeks in loads of games lately?
>>
>>342147470
Yeah I agree, I pirated the game to try it out. Didn't do it for me at all, got very bored.
>>
>>342147639
I can respect that you like linear games, I just can't respect that you're calling an entire subset of games fundamentally bad because of that opinion.

Also, very few games have any real tedious backtracking nowadays. Do you include fast travelling as a form of back-tracking even if it's to progress the game into a new area?
>>
>>342148723
Because people like him, he likes video games, and he loves to get paid.
>>
>>342141495
Not edgy enough
>>
>2016
>still wont get a ps4
>>
>>342149089
No, but that's really unnecessary. If you consider Bloodborne open world that us fine. I just want to profess through a set if challenges. I've never enjoyed an open world game in the proper style (e.g. GTA, Arkham Knight, etc.).
>>
>>342143578
>Shadow of mordor
Try again
>>
It's a competitor to Zelda. /v/ is the Nintenyearold Zone. Been sitting up the board since Wii.

Doesn't help that Horizon looks like a great game while nuZelda looks like shit.
>>
>>342141495
Ive been interesting in this game since they showed it last E3, but after this E3 where they showed like some of the story I lost a bit of hype for it.

I was expecting a Monster Hunter game where you just go on and take quest, kill monsters and get better gear, but looks like killing monsters will lose some focus and will be more story driven.
>>
>Robots installed of real dinosaurs
Killed any chance of me ever wanting to play this, wtf were they thinking
>>
>>342141495
its the game im most excited for personally.
>>
>>342149873
I'm guessing people who like open world don't want story. People who don't like open world want gameplay. People who want story don't like gameplay.

Who is the audience? Like which fan base is this going for, Skyrim?
>>
>>342149346
Well, that's a fair opinion, but I think that's a bit exclusive concerning open world games as a broader topic. Games not having fast travel and having ridiculous and extremely manual travel times is not really a prerequisite. The Fallouts are all open world -- some moreso than others, FOUR -- but the travel time is something you only HAVE to go through once in a save, as an experience completely original to that character. There are plenty of games more like that than Arkham and GTA.
>>
>>342141495
I get huge Shadow of Mordor/Ubisoft vibes from it.

i.e. shitty open world with bad gameplay.

Would like to be proved wrong, open world isn't inherently bad, it's just being done poorly by most companies.
>>
I can't really put my finger on why I don't care for this game. Its not that I particularly think it looks BAD I'm just not interested in it at all. I guess I can't seem to think of any possible way I'll play this game and think anything other than "meh."
Maybe Im just jaded.
>>
Best game of this console gen is open world.

I dread the day that I get old and become a jaded old fuck who can't find any joy in video games like the people on here.
>>
>>342141721
This is such a stupid fucking meme. Yes, bad open world games exist. So do a shit-ton of bad linear games. There is nothing wrong with open world format. Exploring is fun. I'll never understand the mindset some of you have that you need a game to railroad you to enjoy yourself. It's the ultimate beta mind-set. You can't have fun unless somebody else is telling you what to do and making your decisions for you. It's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>342150759
A bad linear game is not bad because it is linear.
A bad open world game is usually bad because of the open world taking away from other aspects of the game.
>>
>>342150685
To be fair, the gaming industry is in quite the rut right now. It constantly feels like mainstream developers are either cash-grabbing and shitting on old fans or just NOT supplying ANY demand whatsoever.
>>
Why would anyone build loads of gigantic robot dinosaurs to roam around and kill things?

Why are they still working after civilization has collapsed?

How are you destroying them with primitive tools?

I didn't buy the game because the entire thing sounds like some captain planet villain tier shit.
>>
>>342150273
I'm just never going to enjoy open worlds. They are just the pure opposite of what I want in a game. What I want might not always be the same, sometimes I play Sam & Max, sometimes I play Fifa, sometimes I'd rather shoot dinosaurs, but whatever I want I want it immediately. That's why I think God of War was the worst reveal. It was painful to sit through. It's so boring. I can't understand people wanting to play a game with action every 10 minutes or so. That's what you get in open worlds. I like a level. I like each level to be harder than the last. I like to be told after a level I found 3/4 treasures. I like cut scenes to be self contained, no QTEs, skippable.

That's what I like.
>>
>>342145490
>he doesnt perform background checks before he buys food from somewhere or someone
W E W

Get a load of this weirdo lads.
>>
>>342150924
Most people consider Final Fantasy XIII bad because it's linear.
>>
File: 1407440197627.jpg (32 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
1407440197627.jpg
32 KB, 353x334
>>342141495
Open world mambo jambo + watered down MonHun + MC that doesn't stop talking to herself every fucking second

Dinobots looks cool tho.
>>
File: lonkfrompeny.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lonkfrompeny.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>342150759
>We've kind of already explored these feelings, anon.
>>342147639
>>342149089
>>342149346
>>342150273
>>342151051
>>
>>342150941
>The grass is always greener
The industry has never been great. You were just young and gullible with no standards so you thought everything was amazing. Twenty years from now people will they same thing about this gen that this gen currently says about how gaming "used to be soooo amazing"
>>
File: 1454363809296.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1454363809296.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
Does nobody remember that this is sony and their flagship developer we are talking about?

End product is guaranteed to not be anything like the trailers made it seem be.
>>
So will this basically be like ark once the tek tier comes out but not autistic, fun, or with half the content in addition to a bitch that never shuts up?
>>
It looks fun, both Breath of the Wild and this sold me again on open world games. Hope they both deliver
>>
>>342151179
I disagree with your opinion that some good open world games exist. You just have to accept that. Saying nu-uh doesn't change that.

I've very clearly explained what I like and I'm sure I'm not the only one to hate open worlds.
>>
>>342151146
Name another example, most people consider FXIII bad not only because it's linear,. but for many other reasons
>characters
>story
>over reliance on cutscenes
>mediocre combat system
>>
The framerate
>>
>>342151580
>Saying nu-uh doesn't change that.
That's literally what you are doing right now
>>
>>342144374
>Meanwhile Italian Plumbers eating Mushrooms to grow bigger is perfectly fine.

I love Samurai Jack but if it was presented in a realistic visual style then the idea of a samurai warrior wielding a magic sword that kills robots while jumping 100 feet in the air would get closer and closer to ruining my willing suspension of disbelief.

Same with Mario. It's a cartoon style so it has more leeway with dumb shit.
>>
>>342151580
Not him, but you're an idiot. Just because you dislike open world games doesn't make them bad. I don't like sports games but I'm not arrogant enough to think my opinion is fact and that all sports games are therefore bad. I also don't seek out discussion about sports games just to complain about them.
>>
File: tokyospecial-pc-games.jpg (64 KB, 662x326) Image search: [Google]
tokyospecial-pc-games.jpg
64 KB, 662x326
Between being a poor sales game on nintendo's worst performing console, and an expensive collector's edition I think pic related will be the rarest item in my collection someday.

Collector thread. Post predictions, show off your stuff, tell me I have terrible taste.
>>
>>342152236
Why would you buy that, I hate ironic weeaboos like you, thanks for ruining Fire Emblem you fucking bastard
>>
>>342152390
Fire Emblem was shit to begin with. TMS looks like a perfectly competent time waster.
>>
>>342141495
>So what exactly is wrong with this game?

The woman in the picture looks doomed. When I look at the picture, it is obvious that she is about to die. Her weapon will not harm the robot in any way, other than scratching the paint.

It is so obvious that she will fail that it would make more sense if you played as a pilot inside the robot killing hordes of primitive savages.
>>
>>342141721
GTAV?
>>
>>342152823
>It is so obvious that she will fail that it would make more sense if you played as a pilot inside the robot killing hordes of primitive savages.
This actually sounds like it would be a lot more fun.
>>
>>342151580
>>342151806
>>342152119
These guys said it form, albeit with a tone I've been avoiding since you've been nice enough to actually respond to me and debate on your opinion, which is more than I can say for A LOT of anons.
>>
File: 1440977708346_1.png (41 KB, 159x169) Image search: [Google]
1440977708346_1.png
41 KB, 159x169
>>342142630
So it's ok to kill dragons with wooden bows but not robots with tech bows.

Literally kill yourself. You are over analyzing/nitpicking the game because it's sony, plain and simple. You'll be in another thread praising how awesome it is for link to take down rock monsters with a fucking sword in two seconds.

Please just fucking die you massive fucking muh realism retard.
>>
It's a PS4 exclusive. Even Bloodborne was shat on here despite being GOTG.
>>
File: 1373408015282.jpg (15 KB, 350x384) Image search: [Google]
1373408015282.jpg
15 KB, 350x384
>>342141495
I don't know, there is nothing bad i can say about it, the premise is somewhat interesting, the main character has yet to act overly cringy or annoying, the graphics look nice, the designs of the robots are cool and the gameplay looks like it could be fun despite being a tad bit overdone.

But there is just something about it that bores me, and it is not fanboyism since i am planning to get a ps4 for Ni-oh, Yakuza, Nier, Persona and Bloodborne, but when i think about this game "meh" is the best thing it comes to mind. It doesnt even look mediocre, it looks good, but i just don't care for it for some reason.
>>
File: Horizon.jpg (495 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Horizon.jpg
495 KB, 1920x1080
>>342151435
It had a hands-on demo
And live gameplay was streamed later on too.
>>
File: PS4 2016.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2892) Image search: [Google]
PS4 2016.jpg
2 MB, 4000x2892
>>342154026
good tastes, here's a recent list in case you're missing anything
>>
I don't want to play as a ginger woman with dreadlocks

the hippy nature shit combined with corrupted robots just seems weird to me
>>
File: 1466217239549.jpg (840 KB, 2550x3509) Image search: [Google]
1466217239549.jpg
840 KB, 2550x3509
>>342154586
No Ace Combat?
>>
File: 1466108829665-3.jpg (70 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466108829665-3.jpg
70 KB, 1920x1080
>>342154586
>>342154796

NVM
>>
File: AceCombat7.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
AceCombat7.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>342154796
to be released later in 2017, not Q1, so it's not there.
>>
Female protagonist, so /v/ automatically assumes it's some sort of feminist "strong woman" SJW bullshit.

Personally, the game looks alright to me. Not worth buying a PS4 for though.
>>
>>342154924
Oh.. I guess the VR section goes further for some reason
>>
>>342154952
OCT
>>
It's far cry primal with robotic animal textures. If the things in this game were just regular animals, would it have the hype it does now? No.
>>
>>342154586
>the last guardian
Oh yeah, forgot about that one.

Neat list, but it should highlight the exclusives since for preference i will get my vidya on the PC.

>that mn9 cover
Heh.
>>
I think the game looks pretty good, definitely gonna buy it.

However I'm completely expecting nonstop shitposting at it's release because you people are fucking children throw tantrums whenever there's an exclusive
>>
>>342141495

It's like most games on the PS4:

It looks... okay I guess. I just really don't give a damn.
>>
>>342141495
People on this board hate things that hate things that are clearly good be cause it makes them feel special.
>>
File: EDF4.1 8.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1 8.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>342155448
Sony exclusives are the top half, PC multiplats are the bottom half, so it should be easy for you to distinguish
>>
>>342155570
>Can't talk about bloodborne or Ni-Oh without shitters shitting about it
>Can't talk about XCOM anymore
>Titanfall 2 is going to be a fucking trainwreck now
>The souls franchise was ripped to shreds because of multiplat/exclusive shitting coming from all directions

I fucking hate this place sometimes
It's not nintendogaf or sonyggers
It's fanboys from all walks of life who just pull down their pants and get their wet shits ready the second a game comes out
>>
>>342155907
Fuck, i didn't catch that, how i didnt catch that? Thanks, man i wish the /v/ reccomended wiki wasnt so shitty right now so i could get a good grasp of past releases, nothing convinced me of getting a BB machine, but now since i am getting one regardless it could have something worth buying.
>>
>>342156214
Try being an xbox fan. Literally every single xbone thread is flooded with XBOX IS SHIT, WHY EVEN OWN ONE LOL
>>
>>342156723
Speaking from the other side of the coin, I understand your pain and feel sorry for you

I hope you find many good games in the future, friend
>>
>>342156810
I also have a ps4 and pc, it's just shitty not being able to discuss xbox games without an endless sea of shitposting.

Back at ya friendo
>>
>>342154405
Just like they showed the spore demo live?
>>
>>342142630
Yeah but shooting lasers and powering up is okay?

Yeah stfu and keep your bias, cis scum, misogoinstic opinion to yourself
>>
File: GB3 4.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
GB3 4.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>342156475
In general, if you don't have a PS3, PS4 got quite a few of its remasters and collections, Disgaea5, Teraway Unfolded, UntilDawn an Destiny (in a good state, finally) came in 2015

The rest is easier to find, just look up PS4 launch year titles.

Honestly, appart from BB and Disgaea5 PS4 really only picked up this year. But it picked up hard. I'm getting 4 sony exclusives this month alone, but then again I love AA games and you might not.
>>
It is a shitty game op
>>
>>342143578

The gameplay of SoM was neat, especially the enemy system, but the story was absolute garbage. At best, it's mediocre.
>>
>>342154405
That's the thing about demos, man. Their content could be almost completely exclusive to the demo and never appear in the game. Even a scripted event triggered by gameplay is still considered gameplay. Hell, there was even a demo for that new Final Fantasy in like 2013 and it looked just as good as the game we have now, despite being almost completely remade after two delays and a cancellation.
>>
>>342146148
I love post like this, when they think they no what there talking about but actually couldn't be more wrong.

How does this feel like god of war, or days gone?
>>
>>342157656
I'll admit that I'm actually just a sucker for slowmo headshots and uprooting governmental systems using ghostly mind-control.
>>
>>342146660
How does it look like far cry?
This game has like an early netherlands aesthetic, not a prehistoric one.
>>
>>342152119
Where do you absolute spastics get this idea? Nowhere have I said that you don't like them. The guy literally said "no you're wrong" to me. All I keep saying I'd that I don't fucking like them.
>>
File: insidejob8.png (306 KB, 1800x1600) Image search: [Google]
insidejob8.png
306 KB, 1800x1600
>>342157838
He wrote a perfectly constructive review, and you offered no counter-arguments.

After reading his, I felt that he has some valid points and that I'd like to rewatch the gameplay demos to check on this.

After reading yours I felt like some kid in the back of biology class just interrupted the teacher because evolution isn't a godly belief.
>>
Pretty sure 70% of the negativity towards it on /v/ is from her shitty character design. This sounds really petty but if they confirm you can change her hairstyle my excitement will probably double.

>>342142928
It is from the makers of killzone, so I'm kind of wary of that too.
>>
>>342148531
There's melee weapons, bow, sling shot, and a hook spear, since there's crafting you can probably make different kinds of each.

But it's 4 weapons plus tool weapons like pic related. It looks like a trap and it explodes when hit.
>>
>>342158132
I can see his point, kind of. It's not thematically similar, but the actual look of the game, like the self-masturbatory lighting and the overly emphasized textures are very Farcry-y.
>>
>>342150164
Open world games can have a big focus on gameplay, that's what this is looking like.
>>
>>342150972
You'd probably have to play the game to figure all of that out.
>>
I think it looks boring as fuck. I fear it's gonna be a typical open world ubishit-like cancer game. I'm not interested in it the slightest.
>>
>>342158328
How is his post a costructive "review" oh something he didn't even play or give the time of day.
How are the 3 exclusive he mentioned that are different in the most important ways, all the same type of game?
>>
>>342144284
The most repetitive time wasting game I've ever played. Stopped after getting the mech because that's the only cool thing about it.
>>
>>342158586
Anon, stop pretending like the only reason he even mention far cry was because he thought it was a prehistoric setting.

The way Far Cry feels itself is a whole other story, just the general, drugs, nudity, vulgarity just adds to that far cry 'feeling'

I don't get any of that from this game, hell there might not even be any blood in it, it definitely doesn't 'feel' like far cry.

but things like the lighting and textures just look like any realistic looking triple a game these days.
>>
File: 2060390.jpg (24 KB, 378x363) Image search: [Google]
2060390.jpg
24 KB, 378x363
>>342141495
I think it'll be something special. Will probably set a new standard for Western RPGs. Looking forward to it.
>>
>>342141495
no idea, looks way better than Zelda.
>>
File: CO.jpg (9 KB, 176x266) Image search: [Google]
CO.jpg
9 KB, 176x266
>>342141495
I'm pretty hyped, the game looks good, the gameplay looks fun, they also said the world is worth exploring, and the whole concept is pretty unique.

but this is /v/ so i'm already prepared for the non stop shit posting for people who didn't even touch the game.
They'll downplay or ignore all the positives, and exacerbate all the bad like they always do. Oh and it's an exclusive so you already know it's gonna be hell, i mean just look at this thread.
>>
>>342141495
Uninspired
>>
>>342141721
Yeah because if the lazy/shitty devs didn't go with open world the game would've been a masterpiece. Shitty devs and industry practices will always find a way. It's not the open world.
>>
>>342141495
The main girl never shuts the fuck up. It's unbearable.
>>
It looks like it would get boring pretty quickly.
>>
File: 1438725076913.jpg (86 KB, 680x945) Image search: [Google]
1438725076913.jpg
86 KB, 680x945
>E3 2015 announcement
>not too many threads about it
>E3 2016
>threads every day

Wut happen?
>>
>>342143290
Whether that's true or not, they chose to show that bitch never shutting her trap for a second, so fuck this game.
>>
>>342159516
He "reviewed" the currently available gameplay. Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I think it's a pretty safe assumption that you've never played the game either. Both of your opinions are valid, but he is presenting his in a way that isn't literally "No, you're wrong" with no further context. I definitely wouldn't say that he didn't give the game the light of day, as it seems you're implying that someone must actually BUY and play the game to decide whether or not they MIGHT like it. As for his opinion on the similarities between the games, I don't think he meant it gameplay-wise, but rather the predicted lack of decent game design on the back of being a AAA title, which is something that I felt about all three of the games he mentioned when I saw them originally, and wanted to reconfirm, as I'd never really drawn the over-arcing connection between these otherwise diverse games. If he does meant that the gameplay is similar, then I disagree, but still don't think it's cool to simply say his opinion is bad without offering your own.
>>
File: 1463524667903.jpg (11 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1463524667903.jpg
11 KB, 320x320
>>342151685
Before I answer this question, do hub areas such as Witcher 2's style count as linear or open world?
>>
the premise sounds cool but the whole game is filled with AAA gaming tropes and handholding, I don't have faith in it
>>
>>342147697
To be fair, death stranding is an actual term related to what was being shown.
>>
>>342142107
I hate that hair style
>>
File: Goodnight Punpun v01 c01 - 010.png (143 KB, 745x543) Image search: [Google]
Goodnight Punpun v01 c01 - 010.png
143 KB, 745x543
>>342142672
>>was going to counterpoint with Red Dead Redemption
>>Release date 2010
>2010
>>
Just another open world game.
>>
>>342141495
>I haven't seen anyone on /v/ nor anywhere else say anything positive
people are positive about the game
Sadly i bet is going to end like Far cry 4 with mechas and kill humans/robots for every quest.
>>
>>342143578
Shadow of Mordor is absolute trash. You could argue that the fighting parts were alright (to which I would disagree, but that's neither here nor there), but the travelling was absolute horseshit for sure.
>>
>>342162078
Yeah, I replied to one of the replies, saying that I actually just enjoyed the slow-mo stuff and the ecosystem fuckery that you can pull with the orcs or oruks or whatever.
>>
It looks okay but it doesn't seem to be doing anything that actually differentiates itself from any of the other three dozen open world survival-ish games released in the past year or two.
>>
>>342160756
No, the things he said in his comments where directly debunked by the gameplay footage, if had watched them he wouldn't have made those assumptions cause he would have known.

When i said he didn't give it the time of day, i meant he didn't even attempt to actually pay attention to what he saw.

Assuming he meant "For some reason all these games have bad game design in my eyes" then it could be applied to literally any game.

It seemed to me he was assuming(like 90% of the people in this thread) that it's a movie game or tlou clone in one way or they other, but of course that's just my assumption.

Which is why asked him, how are the all the same type of game to him. No idea why you're trying to answer for him though.
>>
>>342161032
>"but the whole game is filled with AAA gaming tropes and handholding"

Comments like these are so fucking hilarious.
1. The whole game?
you haven't even played it, how do you know what the whole game is like?
2. Handholiding?
Where?
3. Triple AAA gaming troupes.
What do you mean? What are triple A gaming troupes? troupes that only apply to triple a games, so they won't be seen anywhere else. Care to name them?
>>
>>342141495
Game started out seeming like it would be amazing. You are a random wild human surviving in a post apocalyptic world that needs to kill giant dinosaur-looking mechs in order to survive... Then they started going SJW, THEN they started making your character into a special snowflake with a destiny and a troubled past, THEEEEN they revealed you are fighting against humans in addition to mechs.

It basically went from "HUMANITY FUCK YEAR! WE GONNA WRECK DINO-MECHS WITH OUR LONGBOWS!" to "I have a troubled past, and everyone hates me and wants to kill me. So I will fight for myself and occasionally kill mechs if I need to."
>>
>>342141495
Anything that features robots roaring at you is shit tier.
>>
>>342163012
What things he said were debunked? He made commentary on the declining quality of storytelling based on available footage. I don't really think that could've been debunked.
>>
>>342163589
>"HUMANITY FUCK YEAR! WE GONNA WRECK DINO-MECHS WITH OUR LONGBOWS!"
Not everyone is an Amerifat with an attention span of a peanut.
>>
>>342163854
As a spaniard, I'd like to add that his idea certainly sounds better than the game that's actually coming out.
>>
>>342163296
Dude, what the fuck?

First, you stuff your shit down his throat with the "whole game" bullcrap. He didn't say that at all, nice of you to mention it for him so that you can reprimand him for it, but yeah, some games do hand-hold, and it's really fucking annoying, even if it's just for the first 15-30 minutes of gameplay, especially if they go full scipted tutorial on you.

Second, don't bring up the haven't played the game bullcrap unless you are intricately familiar with the game, having played it yourself.

Third, troupes aren't exclusive to things, they're just common in things, and handholding is real fucking common in AAA games nowadays.
>>
/v/ is jaded and can't admit that it's a good game because it's sony
>>
>>342164917
Or maybe we don't give a fuck about childish console wars and it just looks mediocre
>>
>>342165000
heh, good joke
>>
>>342141495
>female mc
>can't even run arround naked
dropped
>>
NEET virgins get triggered by non-sexualised female heroines....
>>
>>342165084
You know he'd be a Skyward Sword Link-tier twink anyways. Strong men doing cool things is sexist now. It's either women who look like differing versions of Lara Croft, or tiny guys who have plenty of opportunity to be saved by some dom woman side character, especially if she gets to turn down his advances later on because all women in video games who are cool must also be lesbians now. You'd be stuck looking at this skinny-ass motherfucker toting around some tom figure and I'd STILL WANT TO SEE HIM NAKED AND THEY STILL WOULDNT GIVE IT TO ME SO WHATS THE FUCKING POINT?
>>
>>342165835
go away woman
>>
>>342164205
As a non-autist, I'd prefer to play something that actually has a purpose.
>>
>>342141495
>shooting a giant robot with a bow and arrow
>giant robot being hunted by cave people
I just can't take it seriously
>>
File: now we're talking.jpg (124 KB, 450x334) Image search: [Google]
now we're talking.jpg
124 KB, 450x334
>>342141495
It was eclipsed by a better looking open world game that showed a few hours worth of unstaged gameplay.
>>
>>342165973
JOKES ON YOU IM JUST INTO BOTH MEN AND WOMEN! POST PICS OF LINK'S ASS Y'ALL.
>>
>>342166475
>i was pretending to be retarded
stay mad woman
>>
>>342164221
>and handholding is real fucking common in AAA games nowadays.

There is zero tutorials in Horizon, the developer said you will be thrown into the world with no explanation. The VO even on the trailer is there just for the sake for explaining shit to the casual world wide audience during E3, nothing more. Big AAA games these days acually need to pander to casuals rather than gamers because we aren't the core demographic anymore and pandering to us is financial suicide in some cases.
>>
>>342166189
Yeah. I might still play it because usually mechanics/gameplay trump anything else for me, but if a game seems THIS retarded at first glance it's a pretty big hurdle to overcome.
>>
>>342165973
>>342166624
You sound like a child
>>
>>342167076
>resorting to ad hominem
>>
>>342166631
Well, it's cool that you found a single AAA game that claims it won't have handholding, but that is a single game. I'm sure a few of the other games announced at E3 will avoid it too; it's still a vast minority. The game you mentioned wasn't even the game he was talking about, though. The one he WAS talking about is almost certainly riddled with handholding. I can see it now, that asshole you play as, who already apparently seems not to shut up ever, talking to "herself" about how to do basic shit for like an hour. "I gotta move" movement notes pop up; "I should really get out of here" map marker shows up; "Now, just aim... and fire" giant fucking trigger pops up, just in case you forgot you weren't actually in this super immersive experienced of getting your ass talked off by "yourself"
>>
>>342141495
If there are only robot animals where do the humans get the leather and fur for their clothes?
>>
>>342167968
While I'm pretty sure there are going to be normal animals in the world too, in the game's defense, she's wearing like a bunch of cloth. She's got a fucking quilt on her waist and the only piece of fur she seemingly has is in the right bracer, and it's only a few square inches and looks really raggedy and old.
>>
>>342151989
You're retarded.
>>
>>342168768
Welcome him graciously into what is, apparently, the wrong thread.
>>
>>342141495
Another open world bow game
>>
File: misread sprites thread.png (123 KB, 610x552) Image search: [Google]
misread sprites thread.png
123 KB, 610x552
>>342141495
The thumbnail for this screenshot always fucks me up.
>>
>>342167968
>>342168536
They've already shown hogs, rabbits and foxes roaming the wild too.
>>
>>342163745
I see you're just as willingly ignorant as he is.
He said:
>"The story is probably going to be cut and paste man vs nature,"

But if he had given the game the time of day he would know what the plot/story is about through the story trailer. I'll give you a hint it has almost nothing to do with "man v nature".

Some one can only make this assumption is they hadn't payed attention, as he and you clearly didn't try to.
>>
File: skybox.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
skybox.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>342141495
> It looks okay
Its will just the best looking open world if it doesn't get downgrade.
>>
>>342164221
Dude are you autistic?

>"you stuff your shit down his throat with the "whole game" bullcrap. He didn't say that at all"

Did you even read his comment? The part reference is quoted, word for word.

second, I wasn't claiming something about the game that i wouldn't be able to know from the trailers, he was insisting how the entire game will play.

third, hand holding can be seen in any kind of game, it isn't exclusive to triple a games you cunt, in addition based on all the footage we have seen there is no hand holding to speak of.
>>
>>342141495
Open world design is universally terrible.

Dialogue system looks like crap.

Haven't seen much about the combat but it seems to be more surface-level strategy match weapon to enemy/weakspot stuff then the legit fun execution-based systems.

Eh. Graphics do not do it for me at all.
>>
>>342170457
Probably bait, saw something similar in a Berserk thread that died a few minutes ago. A dude's getting railed on, he posted an obviously inaccurate reply and just never said anything about it until they noticed, which was like 30 minutes later. Then he did it a-fucking-gain and they took another 10 minutes to get it right.
>>
File: 12397219821312.jpg (10 KB, 107x123) Image search: [Google]
12397219821312.jpg
10 KB, 107x123
I like some elements like how it's post-post-apocalypse where the machines we created take over and forced humanity to go through another dark age and robot dinosaurs but the gameplay isn't lighting the world on fire
Still, I want to play a demo before I give final judgements
But at least people aren't fucking saying this is gonna be "THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME" like Nintendrones are saying about BotW even though that looks generic open world game as fuck
>>
I love the style and concept but the tryhard voice acting gives me little hope for the game actually being fun.
>>
>>342171863
BotW gives off a Witcher for the WiiU feel. I don't know how I feel about a Witcher game being rated E, even if the only similarity is the open world beat-em-up...
>>
>>342141495
looks ok.

Really hoping it scratches my monster hunter itch.
>>
>>342172383
Was hoping for the same thing, but the gameplay preview was not particularly promising. It's more like Farcry-meets-ATAT toppling, and a lot of the actual killing looks like it's going to be a scripted event once you slow it down enough and shoot it in the generic red spots.
>>
>>342142764
This

The combat looks boring and full of prebaked bullshit
>>
It's not Japanese
>>
File: Wolf.jpg (36 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
Wolf.jpg
36 KB, 470x313
>>342141721
Pretty easy to refute that for most people I suspect.

Perhaps you personally disliked the Witcher series, the latest grand meme auto, or top shelf MMOs like Guildwars 2.

That is fine, each to their own.

But most people would argue that Open World adds a great deal to a game when done well.

Although I personally cam agree that a lot of games do not have either the development time or management to handle creating an open world competently.

Open world should be a design decision reserved for more senior, established studios. As it seems to be very difficult to get right.
>>
>>342141495
It looks easier than the Zelda game shown at the same show.
>>
>>342176916

Zelda is for kids
>>
>>342142630
It doesn't matter how an explosive reaches its target, it's still an explosive. Would killing these robots with grenades anger you? It's just like a grenade on a stick, right?
>>
>>342177293
So is this for slow kids then?
>>
>>342157326
Only PC games get downgraded
>>
lol at people defending this game

>just turn your brain off dude. It's not supposed to make sense

how about I play one of the other hundred open world action games
>>
>>342178130

Those are bad
>>
File: 1391150740901.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1391150740901.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>342141495
Looks meh.
I guess the concept is original, however the reason it hasn't been done before is because it doesn't make any sense.
Graphically and technically the game looks fine, but at the end of the day it's just another open world collectathon for the pile.

5/10 unremarkable
>>
>>342155907
I don't see the point of listing games nobody sane would play on a console like Doom though
>>
>>342141721
I enjoyed Xenoblade X and The Witcher 3
>>
>>342144839

Settle down mister hardcore gamer. Is your mom not gonna buy it for you or something?
Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.