[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they waste one of the best combat systems ever invented
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: re6.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
re6.jpg
392 KB, 1920x1080
Why did they waste one of the best combat systems ever invented for a third person shooter on a shitty linear railroaded QTE fest?

the amount of missed potential here is astounding.
>>
>>342134950
That Ada, though. Heck yea.
>>
They're never going to use it again either.

Fucking wasted.
>>
File: 18j0vaww4iwr3jpg.jpg (33 KB, 635x427) Image search: [Google]
18j0vaww4iwr3jpg.jpg
33 KB, 635x427
>>342134950
RE6 was nothing but a seemingly unending series of "why".
You just have to accept that it happened.
>>
Those controls were so fucking good. Capcom better reuse that shit in a Dino Crisis reboot or something. Imagine fast paced dino battles.
>>
>>342135434
Capcom was in their awful "we want the western audience" phase were they poorly aped western design trends instead of actually making good gameplay.

It's a shame, because I would have much preferred a new Resi game with 6's combat systems in a non-linear RE1-style map instead of this linear meme game we got coming up
>>
will anyone who has the game on PS4 help me with this fucking stupid airtight door QTE sequence in Jake's story

it's literally unwinnable because the dumb AI partner stands right next to ustanak instead of running ahead

psn is exodius33
>>
>>342134950
I'm just mad we'll probably never see the combat system again in another game because of how poorly RE6 was received and now RE is going full fps which will be completely uninteresting.
>>
The combat was garbage. The game felt like controlling a jellyfish. It was horrendeous.
>>
>>342136306
The controls are tight as fuck dude
>>
>>342136306
This is the post of somebody who simply could not get good.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING WITH THE QTEs GOD DAMN

SOME OF THEM ARE LITERALLY UNWINNABLE AND EVEN WITH THE AUTO WIN OPTION THEY ADDED IN THEYRE NOT ALL FIXED
>>
>>342136306
the controls are amazing but the cramp levels in the campaign don't let it shine but in mercs you can just go nuts and pull off all kinds of crazy shit.
>>
>>342134950
>bullet sponge enemies
>story too stupid even for a RE game
>quantity over quality
>only two maps available for mercenaries and the rest being DLC
>>
>>342135542
THIS SO HARD. Re6 controls in Dino Crisis is the perfect combination.
>>
>>342137683
It was three maps, but every version available now (PC and next gen systems) give you 10
>>
>>342137983
Yea I think you're right it was chinatown, ice area, and the bridge

I liked re5 mercenaries better
>>
File: RE1uncut.jpg (133 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
RE1uncut.jpg
133 KB, 640x430
>>342135746
The original game was basically an American B movie. Pretty sure all the games were.
>>
>>342136008
I was stuck on that part too. You literally just have to git gud and rotate the stick super fast.
>>
>>342135542
Oh god yes - that would be fucking awesome.

Especially now with capcoms butt game being the best ever.
See: >>342135175

Just imagine Regina in tight leather pants like that rendered on glorious MT Framework.
>>
>>342136306
I thought the same thing halfway in Chris' campaign. And then Mercenaries No Mercy happened

>Vanquish, RE6, and Binary Domain are much more fun than Western-made TPSes
Fucking magic, I tell you what
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.