[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was the greatest era of video games. Which was your favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: gaming-nintendo-64-playstation.jpg (33 KB, 618x270) Image search: [Google]
gaming-nintendo-64-playstation.jpg
33 KB, 618x270
This was the greatest era of video games. Which was your favorite and what games did you own for it?
>>
>>342121331
I had both. Liked both for different reasons.

I got N64 for Christmas, and SM64 + OoT blew my mind. The N64 was also the better choice for MP back then.
PS1 on the other hand I mostly got for survival horror games. Later on I also got into JRPGs via FF7 and such.
>>
I preferred n64. My favorite game on it oddly enough was Mario party 2 as I valued multiplayer games more back then.

I never owned a ps1 and have been spending the last year trying out the PS1 classics.
>>
>>342121331
Brother owned a ps1 i was too young to play it when it first came out. I started playing it around 99? Used to play Crash 1, 2, 3, Spyro 3, Ape Escape and Rayman. We also owned some random obscure games like Rat attack or Alfred Chicken.
>>
i owned ps1 and my buddy had a n64 so I got to play everything was good times
>>
>>342121331
I had a PC, but I owned a number of PC versions of PS1 games so I'm gonna say PS1.
>>
>>342121331
Spyro the Dragon 1-3
Crash Bandicoot 2-3
Brave Fencer Musashi
Medievil
Jet Moto 2
Cool Boarders 3
Croc 2
The Legend of Dragoon
Metal Gear Solid
>>
>>342121331

i owned a modded psx but since there was no internet, pirated game were either traded with other people or bought by illegal black immigrant seller (which was often a risk because you ended with games with the wrong cover like i remember one of them selling resident evil 7 well before 2016)

i still remember the day when i was walking down the street and i found one of these selling lunar silver star story for the psx (except it had eternal blue cover because again...) i was excited like if i found a fucking pirate treasure, it was one of the best day of my life, and most of these game never had a PAL release to begin with so it was a treasure trove of amazing games i would have never played had it not been for piracy

and while i didn't own a n64, i did have a friend who owned one so often we would trade my psx for his n64 for a while, of course since there was no piracy on ps4, the selection of game was a lot smaller but he had mischief maker and to this day it's still one of my favourite n64 games, we also used to play a lot of perfect dark in split screen even though i fucking hated FPS
>>
I had both. I was usually playing:
>Super Smash Bros.
>NFL Blitz
>Spyro 2
>Ape Escape
>Goldeneye
>Monster Rancher 2

>tfw Super Smash Bros. Is the only one of these series still getting games
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 356x142) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 356x142
>>
>>342121331
Was fortunate enough to own both, but probably played N64 more.

N64: Golden Eye, Mission Impossible, Mario: 64, Kart, Tennis, Party, original Super Smash Bros., Star Fox, Madden, NHL (had Steve Yzerman on the cover), Banjo Kazooie, Fighting Force 64....too many to name, this really was my beloved system

PS1: Crash, Spyro, some Yu-Gi-Oh card game, Twisted Metal, MGS, Vigilante 8, Resident Evil, Silent Hill (i think), Gran Turismo, THPS, Tomb Raider

PS1 was great but was a bit too mature for me at the time. Definitely enjoyed PS2 thought when I got a little older.
>>
>>342124008
NFL Blitz was the shit. Remember NHL Hitz?spinoff was fucking fun

I'll add Cruisin' USA, Rush (car game), 1080 Snowboarding, Snowboard Kids, Diddy Kong Racing, Wave Race 64, and Star Wars Podracing
>>
I probably would have been an N64 kid and ultimately a Nintendo fanboy but one day this guy sold my grandma 60 ps1 games for a buck a piece and she bought all of them for me. I was fucking swimming in games son. Even had some games my parents would never have bought for me. That was the best shit ever man. The PS2 hadn't even been announced yet so the games were worth way more than that. Don't know why the guy just gave them all away.
>>
File: spyro1.webm (2 MB, 720x552) Image search: [Google]
spyro1.webm
2 MB, 720x552
Spyro 1 has the best movement in a video game. i think only Super Mario 64 might be better.
>>
>>342125992
right in the fucking nostalgia m8
>>
>>342125869
yfw your mawmaw stole some kid's entire game collection and gave them to you
>>
>>342121331
I hope something quite bad happens to you
>>
>>342126220

Why? Do you like gamecube-ps2-xbox-dc better?
>>
>>342126174
Fuck that kid if that's the case. I would have never got to play shit like Syphon Filter without it
>>
>>342121772
Are you me? How am I not myself?
>>
>>342126347
In my opinion the current generation is the best. Why? Because games have become more and more refined over the years. There are more of them and they are more immersive. There were some good 64 and PS games but again, in my opinion they have not aged well. Playing them today is difficult compared to what's on offer today.

Inb4 underage. Get out.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.