[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what games can stop the crippling loneliness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: wallpaper649201.jpg (425 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper649201.jpg
425 KB, 1920x1080
what games can stop the crippling loneliness
>>
>>342117740
Roll20

>inb4 >>>/tg/
>>
>>342117740
5 years ago I would've said "MMOs" but only eve is still alive, everything else is now an "MSO". Eve is pretty anti-social, too, especially for a new player.
>>
>>342117740
none
because eventually you replace the real world with the game world and it becomes equally sad to not actually get to be in the game
just like you're not in reality
>>
>>342117740
looks like Trine fanart
>>
>>342118091
because it is
>>
>>342117740
You mean like games to find friends or games that distract you from reality and have your character have lots of friends
>>
File: videogames.png (885 KB, 1083x514) Image search: [Google]
videogames.png
885 KB, 1083x514
>>342117740
Get into a competitive fighting game
>spending hours grinding tech skill and match up knowledge distracts you while alone at home
>going to local tournaments gets you out of the house and talking to other humans face to face (even if they're smelly)
plus it's pretty awesome to see yourself getting better at something over time
>>
Why is she wearing a mask if she's with her friends? Dumb cunt. This is why women deserve rape.
>>
>>342120230
fuck competitivity
>>
The Sims can do it for awhile.

But, it always comes back.
>>
>>342121136
Sims can do it for like 5 seconds
>>
>>342117740
Date Ariane
>>
No game can. It's all a temporary distraction that wears off after a while. You better not be using games for compensating a lacking social life.
>>
>>342120230
what the fuck is wrong with his mouth on the right
>>
>>342117740
Getting your shit together.
>>
Rune Factory 4
Everyone says good morning to you every morning. And everyone is kind to you. It feels nice.
>>
>>342117740
The best thing to do is learn to love yourself unconditionally and learn to love those around you.
>>
Persona 4 actually. It gets pretty well the "YOU'RE MY DEAR FRIEND AND I LOVE YOU" atmosphere
>>
>>342121841
How can people not be depressed as fuck playing that? Here is a game where some teenagers and hang out and have fun while you're scratching your balls as your Vita is about to die. That makes it only worse. Fuck seeing happy people when you're in the shitter.
>>
>>342122296
You can't get depressed while playing because it makes you forget about everyting. It's just you, your friends and your objective. Nothing else.
The depression comes off when you beat the game actually. I have a couple of friends who have already unlocked everything and have played the game like 20 times and they start replaying it the moment they finish it.

Crazy as fuck, right? I hope P5 isn't pure otaku bullshit so they stop being so autistic
>>
File: 1432546673696.jpg (103 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
1432546673696.jpg
103 KB, 600x848
>>342122723
Now that's potent escapism. Personally P4G reminded me too much of how shit I was in comparison that I couldn't even finish the story. Fuck these feel-good stories. They're the opposite of that.
>>
>>342117740
MMOs if you have a lot of time and/or money. If you have a lot of e-peen people will notice you and want to do stuff with you.

Source: Someone who has been a loner for over a decade.
>>
>>342123193
Maybe spending times on MMOs wasn't that good if you've been alone for a decade.
>>
>>342123063
I'm gonna tell you the same thing i told my autistic friends.
The idea of the game is to make you think about how to git gud at life. Yu could make everything he wanted because you made him go out with friends, study, exercise, work. If you do the same life will be better for you.

It didn't work with my autistic friends, it won't work with you. But i really hope you get better at life, anon.
>>
>>342122296
my nigga, life is suffering.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.