[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Generally a bad idea. Very VERY few games in early access can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: early-access.jpg (27 KB, 938x99) Image search: [Google]
early-access.jpg
27 KB, 938x99
Generally a bad idea.
Very VERY few games in early access can release content fast enough to keep interest.

>Besiege
>Colonial marines
>The Forest
>Killing floor 2
>ARK
>Rust
>Dayz
>7 days to die
>H1Z1
>Ghost in the shell

In the end? Devs give up and it's just left in limbo with minor updates every few months
>>
>Paying to beta test a game
Worse than literal cuck behavior, in my opinion.
>>
It's mis-used and abused by big studios while the initial idea was funding small indies games
I bought a few early access games to support 1 man projects and I'm really glad to support those guys, but when I look at KF2 I seriously feel ripped off and just feel angry at TW. I should have known since the RO2 fiasco.
>>
>>342113112
Well the idea behind it was the use the concept of the game to allow people to buy it early and give the dev the money they might need to finish the game.

But yeah, big companies shouldn't need to do it. I highly doubt they intend to release an unfinished game and then let it rot but that's what it seems like to the customers.

It's just poorly implemented and needs so sort of regulation or official monitoring by valve.
>>
>>342112613
It's a perfectly good idea. I don't feel bad for consumers who choose to do this. I have only done two early access games (long dark and darkest dungeon). The latter, i jumped on when there was enough content, and the former just appealed to me.
I still wont support a Kickstarter though.
>>
Good early access exists.

See:nuclear throne
>>
>>342112613
Factorio is absolutely brilliant, other Early Access games... not so much.

It's also one of the few (only?) puzzle/building games in a sea of first-person zombie/crafting/survival/permadeath garbage.
>>
>>342112613
The developers never give up. They can't give up anyway, they have jobs like everyone else, if they did give up they would be fired. All those games are still getting updates. The problem is like you said people lose interest when the game isn't finished within the year.
>>
I though Don't Starve was a good early access game.
>>
>>342115142
>>342114505
>>342114356
Not saying good ones don't exist. but it's the general consensus on the majority
>>
>>342112613
I bought Rust recently and really enjoyed. They fixed there shit optimisation a while after I started and it actually runs well. They add some small changes every few weeks, but as it stands the game is playable and can be a lot of fun. Already spent 60+ hours on it. No regrets paying 20 euro for it.
>>
>>342114356
Grip, the Rollcage reboot is developing nicely.
Online multiplayer soon, already has split screen.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.