[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rip vermintide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: wew.png (54 KB, 747x125) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
54 KB, 747x125
what the fuck happened
>>
Lack of content
>>
>>342111583
It gets boring playing the same few maps repeatedly. They promised more updates than what we got. Pretty much standard for early access.
>>
It was fun, but playing with pubs was a nightmare, most people just played with a group of friends, finished everything, then moved on.

>>342111794
It has way more content than L4D1/2, which lasted much longer, and plenty of maps. Content wasn't the problem.
>>
>>342111916
>more content than l4d1/2
(x) doubt
>>
>>342111916
it did nothing new with the l4d formula and was years too late to capitalize on that style
>>
>>342112147
What? It has, i think, 15 maps? Much more than 1/2 at launch. 2 may have more since they added 1's maps to it. It's fine if you liked L4D better, but Vermintide has more content.
>>
>l4d2 has 10k players on right now
Why? I felt I exhausted everything about that game after 30 hours. Unless they're all playing modded shit which never interested me anyways.
>>
>>342111583
As it turns out, co-op games are fucking boring.

L4D only lasted because there was PVP.
>>
>>342112294
You could say the same about Overwatch with TF2
Point is, both L4D games are many years old now, and vermintide has a loot progression system (which definitely could have been handled better), but most people liked it.
>>
>>342111583
Still more than Battleborn am I right?
>>
>>342112442
no you couldn't you stupid fuck
>it did nothing new with the tf2 formula
really?
>years too late to capitalize on the style
the only time anyone tried to capitalize on TF2 was the chink copies and that battlefield game. Do you think before you post?
>>
File: 1464037657805.png (6 KB, 252x243) Image search: [Google]
1464037657805.png
6 KB, 252x243
>>342111583

Slow content update and cancerous RNG loot system.Game would be perfect for all future GM's out there if it had mod tools.
>>
They ever fix the loot system in this game? I think I heard them say they were planning on it, but I quit before they did. Maybe everyone else did too.
I played for like a hundred hours and still never saw one orange rapier. It just got too frustrating playing over and over hoping to finally get the shit I really needed and getting nothing. Especially since I knew even if I did find it it'd probably have shit traits or low percentages anyway. Never got any good trinkets either.
>>
>>342112312
5 campaigns with 5 maps each is more than vermintide
>>
>>342112570
I made that comparison because OW came out many years after TF2
Just like vermintide came many years after L4D
They're clearly based on those respective games, but they're not really in competition with them.

And OW really hasn't done that much with the formula besides skills, vermintide made more adjustments with the L4D formula.
>>
>>342112375
I don't know senpai, Payday 2 lasted me a while, before the DLCs killed it.
>>
>>342112353
>modded shit
Nailed it. Like TF2, its got tons of custom maps/servers to keep it going.
>>
God dammit. I wanted to buy this, but now why would I if it's this dead? Should have bought it at release or during a good early sale.
>>
Because it's happening in the real world
>>
File: 1464723587856.jpg (74 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1464723587856.jpg
74 KB, 700x500
>>342113913

Fanbases barely last longer than 6 months nowadays, waiting for price drop is not worth it if you buy something that's multiplayer based.

Better to just buy a cheap CD key from somewhere for half price and enjoy the release with actual people playing it.
>>
>>342113997
is that guy holding a selfie stick with nothing on it?
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 187x235) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 187x235
>>342111583
L4D doesn't deserve the praise it gets. 2 made things so difficult that it becomes a fucking chore to play. And the moment people find out the best way to deal with certain challenges and enemies? Valve would patch the game in order to make that strategy useless. It's a shit game
>>
>>342114273
I think I'm missing something here, are you saying l4d2 is difficult?
>>
>>342112827
every single map in L4d is rather short compared to vermintides. You can play through each of the campaigns in about 40 minutes. Vermintide is considerably longer than that.
>>
>>342114273
>valve eliminates bugs and exploits
>therefore l4d is a shit game
>>
The loot system literally ruined the game.
It gave shit players an excuse as to why they couldn't get past nightmare. Go onto any part of the steam discussions and that makes up 99% of the complaints.
>>
>>342111583
that piece of shit RNG loot system killed it for me
>>
>>342111583
RNG stuff
>>
>>342111583
>it's hard
Seriously it's fucking difficult. It's about as hard as Left for Dead 2 on expert, only in LfD2 when you failed a mission you just failed one. In Vermintide, if you fail you lose out on loot which is required to progress and you might even need it to round out your weapon loadout.

Do you really like that Two-handed sword for the Soldier? Do you want a legendary version of it because all you have is the white one? Get ready for problem 2.

>Loot system is garbage

It's all about difficulty. If you want any chance of getting more than whites then you best get three friends and make sure they ain't garbage. So, you get that? Well, now you have to deal with more terrible rolls than the tabletop will ever give you. Did you just beat a map on cataclysm, which is butt-fucking hard and is a massive gear check? You can actually roll garbage and get an item that you'd reliably be able to get on lower difficulties.

That results in frustration, like game-ending frustration.

Vermintide is great. Despite the fact that there are only a few maps that are traditionally left for dead. It's problems though are absolutely polarizing. Loot as an rng drop is only going to appeal to a few and some are going to absolutely shit a brick and quit when they get a bad roll. The difficulty is something they've adhered to, but unlike LfD, they don't really space out the difficulty. LfD 2 has mutations, versus, difficulty modes from casual to hardcore and a realism difficulty that adds an accuracy requirement to all of it. Vermintide has a learning curve that you must either pass or fail.

We must also not rule out the optimization issues. On my hardware i7 with an AMD 390, it runs like absolute fucking trash on any setting. And while I would be convinced it's just me, there were dozens of threads about this from the beta to long after the patches. Vermintide simply tells my rig to fuck off, and I can't imagine I'm the only motherfucker with this setup.
>>
>>342114273
L4D is fantastic. L4D2 is not.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.