[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any tips on this game? Because I'm fucking done,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: Alien_Isolation.jpg (63 KB, 260x300) Image search: [Google]
Alien_Isolation.jpg
63 KB, 260x300
Anyone have any tips on this game? Because I'm fucking done, I've played the same level now about 8 times and died right before a save point. It seems like the advice given is total bullshit, because although I hide and crouch everywhere, the alien always finds me in a pitch black fucking vent.
>>
File: Gib me Ur Shekles.webm (464 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Gib me Ur Shekles.webm
464 KB, 960x540
>>342110789
>>
GIT
U
D
>>
File: To save or not too save.webm (2 MB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
To save or not too save.webm
2 MB, 848x480
>>342111027
>>
>hiding in vents

it can hear you getting into it
>>
File: To save or not too save 2.webm (2 MB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
To save or not too save 2.webm
2 MB, 848x480
>>342111127
>>
>>342111127
>>342111221
What happens then? Everytime you load your save you'll die?
>>
>>342111127
>>342111221
What happens in this case when you reload? Do you appear with the alien tail through your chest or does it spawn somewhere else? It looks extremely easy to fuck up your save
>>
>>342111417
>>342111430

It's fine, he didn't save (why not I don't fucking know) but if he had, the next time he reloaded the alium wouldn't be directly chasing him, but likely nearby.
>>
Flares are a great way to distract the Alien.

The more you throw a certain distraction item (i.e. the flare or noise maker) the more the Alien will get used to it and be less distracted by it.

Don't rely to heavily on hiding in the lockers/cabinets. They fuck you over more than they help you. Read the spoiler only if you want the gameplay kind of ruined for you. If you can't make eye contact with the Alien, he cannot see you. You can hide behind a box right next to him and as long as he doesn't see you or you touch him you're fine.

Don't be afraid to walk, but rarely run.

You're not completely fucked if the Alien sees you. If you hear the certain hiss the Alien gives when it sees you, you have ~2 seconds to duck behind something in attempt to hide again.

If the Alien starts to charge you, and you have a flame thrower, blast that fucker. You might take some damage, but you'll have a chance to live.

I'll post more if I think of them.
>>
File: PT 2 scary 4 me 8.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
PT 2 scary 4 me 8.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>342111417
>>342111430
Alien spawns differnt places each time you load a save, so you get a "random" encounter at different places rather then the SAME PLACE/corner evey time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.