[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm replaying sticker star. It's still shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: PaperMarioStickerStarCover.jpg (164 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
PaperMarioStickerStarCover.jpg
164 KB, 250x250
I'm replaying sticker star. It's still shit.
>>
>there are people out there who seriously believe that the Thing Stickers 'puzzles' were fun, engaging and thoughtful
>they actually felt smart 'solving' them

well, it's no wonder they're making a sequel to this abomination
>>
>>342104883
yea i wanna kill myself playing this
the paperize feature is one of the worst things ive ever seen in a game
>>
>decide to give the game a second chance and do a no thing run
>fighting pokey boss
>runs out of stickers
>only option is to run

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA
>>
>>342106567
>fights were designed to use the thing stickers or you'll be completely fucked
>if you use thing sticker, the fight is now piss-easy

Miyamoto, that's who
>>
>koopas that look like smiling, every day, happy NPCs that you can talk to are enemies
dropped the series
>>
>no penalty for running from a fight
>the opponent disappears from the overworld
>nothing to gain by fighting them
???
>>
>>342107109
>>the opponent disappears from the overworld
they don't disappear iirc, they just blink a little and you can't enter a fight with them for a few seconds

but yeah, this is the biggest problem in the game: avoiding fights is 99% of the time the best alternative
>>
>>342104420
Friendly reminder: We should kill Miyamoto.
>>
>>342107313
No, no I'm OP. I'm playing it right now. I thought it was like you described, but nope, they vanish.
>>
>>342106567
Even when you default bosses without Things they berate you for doing things the hard way.
This isn't how videogames should work.
>>
>>342107340
I'm extremely sad that this is what we were advertised, and instead we got pic related.
>>
>>342107340
this makes me so sad. even the art style looks better than SS
>>
>>342107426
>running from battles is even better than killing enemies
did they even playtest the fucking shit?
>>
>>342107449
make me wonder why they even allowed bosses to take damage without using the obvious Thing Stickers that destroy them
>>
File: fancover.png (362 KB, 428x545) Image search: [Google]
fancover.png
362 KB, 428x545
Fuck that, let's try to think about better things.

Let's talk about ideas you have for new games, partners, settings, etc, how to improve on the RPG formula and such and then cry that the series is dead
>>
>>342108009
Probably to not make the other sticks useless, or to cause the impression you are doing damage.
Maybe to not frustate kids when they don't have the thing sticker but have a few ultra mega flashy stupid sticker in their inventory.
>>
I'm pissed that Color Splash is obviously following SS's example, but at least from the E3 footage it looks like they've tried to fix the glaring problems.
So while it's not the TYD sequel I wanted, I'm at least slightly more hyped now.
>>
>battles give you coins to buy more stickers
>you don't need more stickers if you skip battling
>on top of that there are so many stickers scattered throughout the world that often times you fill up the book needlessly quickly, even if you are partaking in battles
were they fucking drunk
>>
>>342108607
You might have fun with Color Splash if you play the game with a focus on economically managing your paint and your cards. If they have proper incentive throughout the game to play it in a way that you have to be smart about how you manage this, the game might be fun.
>>
>>342108607
>fix the problems
How? Other than there appearing to be no limit on the number of cards/stickers you can carry, I don't see any other issue that was resolved. The paint required to fill up a card seems rediculously low, and there's paint all over to refill it with, so it's not like the hammer XP is good for anything. So I'm curious, what other issues did they address?
>>
>>342108607
The dev interview literally said they started development right after sticker star.
They didn't take fan feedback into consideration at all.
>>
I know at least three anons are working on Paper Mario clone games. Any progress on those? I remember one about insects.
>>
>>342108923
to be more precise, they started talking about the painting cards feature at the wrap party for development of SS. The game wasn't even out yet when they thought of the new system.

This game screams "side project" that they did in their spare time and now that the wii u lineup is thinning out it got pushed to the forefront without much thought because it was all they had started.
>>
>>342109081
the insect one looked cool but honestly to me even clones aren't ever going to do what PM does. There was one anon with an extremely early demo of PM in TTYD style, looked like a gloomba mafioso companion who used a tattle ability ala goombella or goombario. Looked fantastic.
>>
>pros
There might be somewhat of a story
The art looks nice even if the META PAPER theme is still annoying

>cons
Literally everything else
>>
File: bugthingy.png (334 KB, 1010x566) Image search: [Google]
bugthingy.png
334 KB, 1010x566
>>342109081
bugdev here. Currently trying to finish some textures for a map, obviously some textures are older than others (mostly the ones with thicker outlines), but everything is a placeholder and will most likely be redrawn lately.

We are also thinking of redesigning Moth, since we're having issues with proportions in some frames.

wish I'd spend less time on /v/ and more working
>>
File: pm64partners.png (64 KB, 400x424) Image search: [Google]
pm64partners.png
64 KB, 400x424
>>342104420
Why do you hate yourself, OP?

Play a good game.
>>
>>342109628
The music was alright, even if it was very different to style used in the other games.
>>
>>342107340
>Show off some teasers for the new game, everyone is exicted for another entry in the series in the style of the first two games
>Suddenly change everything and basically make Paper Mario: Nuts & Bolts
I will never not be mad
>>
>>342110025
Are we talking color trash or shitter star because i was talking about color trash
>>
>>342109628
I'm secretly hoping the toads with scarves make up for the lack of interesting characters They never will

A-at least we have koopalings with dialogue so maybe bowser got his back?
>>
File: Sticker Star final boss.jpg (15 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
Sticker Star final boss.jpg
15 KB, 290x174
>>342106567
How dare a game be challenging.

>>342104883
They are. How dare a game be challenging.

>>342106567
How dare a game be challenging.

>>342106775
Miyamoto had nothing to do with it. Besides, that's the entire point of the combat system. You're supposed ot consider all of your options. How dare a game be challenging!

>>342107109
Not even true. Fighting enemies gets you coins, which allows you to purchase better stickers

>>342108821
>>342108923
Fan 'feedback' boils down to people being unwilling to try the game due to being too different. Not the sort of people you should be listening to.

Sticker Star's REAL problems have been addressed. Puzzles seem a bit less obtuse and your attacks aren't completely finite. .

>>342110032
Play Mario & Luigi.
>>
@342111212
ironic shitposting is still shitposting my friend!
>>
>>342111212
Go to bed, Risa.
>>
@342111339
hello newfriend
>>
>>342111212
Fuck off pretendo, the game isn't challenging, it's annoying. Running out of stickers at pokey wasn't "challenging", only annoying. I used the so called "prizes" from beating enemies to fill my album with those multijump stickers and beat the fucking pokey instead of the mix and match. Giving infinite defense to enemies where you need to use the "I win" sticker to beat them in 3 turns isn't challenging, it's poor design.

Thing stickers were a mistake.
>>
Holy fuck this thread reminded me I owned this piece of shit. I stopped playing after the ice bowser boss fight.
>>
>>342111562
You know what Dark Souls players do when they get outmatched by the game? They quit playing.
>>
>>342111212
Fuck of tanabe nobody is going to buy your shitty game
>>
I remember back when Sticker Star was announced, I was excited that we were getting an actual Paper Mario game after the mediocre Platformer-RPGish Super Paper Mari, but I didn't really follow the game that much, and by the time it launched, I had forgotten the game existed. I'm kind of glad because I feel like I dodged a bullet
>>
File: 1433435401841.png (372 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1433435401841.png
372 KB, 500x378
>>342112357
I bought a 3DS in 2011 just for it.
>>
>>342112357
I bought it at launch thinking it would be great, but then I returned it a day later.
I still can't help but feel guilty that I somewhat helped seal the future of the franchise.

Kill me.
>>
>>342104420
I pressed my dick onto my black car after its been cooking in the arizona sun all day

Then I did it again

It's still shit
>>
>>342104420
This game is a crime against God and there will never be anything like thousand year door ever again

Why live
>>
>>342109656
why not both? make a dev thread on /v/ where you talk about what you're working on
>>
At least we got Paper Jam
It's not paper mario but it's something
>>
>>342104420
>it's a turn-based-combat game where it's best to avoid all the ecounters
Hopefully I was just borrowing the game from my sister, I would have been pised if I paid for this shit
>>
>>342115436
Not him but the thread would probably die quickly and he'd get told to go to /agdg/.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.