[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some games that suddenly change gameplay rules for no reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
what are some games that suddenly change gameplay rules for no reason
>>
>>342102662
Ha, I remember that bullshit.
>>
>>342102662
If you didn't use advanced climbing techniques and just went straight up the walls to get to the top of buildings for the entire game, you didn't deserve to make it past this part
>>
>>342102662
>he never ran up a wall and then manually jumped to the side when he played normally
What's it like being DSP-tier retarded?
>>
File: DrakengardFinalBoss.jpg (19 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DrakengardFinalBoss.jpg
19 KB, 640x480
>>342102803
Goes from Dynasty Warriors to a rhythm game
>>
>>342102814
that's not the same thing, using the joystick along with your jump doesn't work here

>>342102803
you could jump on the wooden bar from the sides in any other situation
>>
File: 1253067163844.png (25 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
1253067163844.png
25 KB, 407x405
>>342102662
>>
kingdom hearts coded literally, LITERALLY (as in the actual definition of "literally") changes genre every level
>>
>>342102662
I don't get it. I beat this game 37 years ago and I don't remember any road blocks. What happened?
>>
>>342103448
you had to use a move you never used in the main game to advance. Which was "press the jump button without moving"
>>
>>342103710
Not necessarily. You can run up the wall and then jump at the beam before falling.
It is true, however, that you could play through the rest of the game literally without ever using this.
>>
>>342103834
>Not necessarily. You can run up the wall and then jump at the beam before falling.

I tired that. You can't
>>
>>342103927
Well, you must have done something differently from me, because it worked for me. Here is a video of the guy doing exactly that:
https://youtu.be/iT66jOop5Nw?t=27s
>>
>>342103710
>you had to use a move you never used in the main game to advance. Which was "press the jump button without moving"
people stuck because of this deserve to get stuck
i used that "advanced super secret Technique" the whole game, it saves time.
>>
>>342105139
What?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.