[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this game drops tomorrow. Anybody looking forward to it? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: Grand_Kingdom_cover.jpg (61 KB, 385x482) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Kingdom_cover.jpg
61 KB, 385x482
So this game drops tomorrow. Anybody looking forward to it? I find what gameplay to be shown as pretty interesting.
>>
>digital only
ew
>>
File: 24664316611_fceb72a043_b.jpg (110 KB, 835x470) Image search: [Google]
24664316611_fceb72a043_b.jpg
110 KB, 835x470
>>
Already got it a few days ago, it's okay but I think it gets boring really fast. Then again, no games seem to entertain me for more than a couple hours anymore.
>>
>>342099470
The Stat System still confuses the shit out of me
>>
File: 2_2_4.jpg (275 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2_2_4.jpg
275 KB, 1280x720
>>342099587
High points? Low points?
>>
File: 1_4_3.jpg (230 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1_4_3.jpg
230 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>342099731
Yeah like >>342099670 said, it's confusing.

Plus if you want to upgrade or fuse weapons at the blacksmith you need to unequip them, but to do that you need a different weapons for that character, I was to fast in selling all the starting gear to clear my inventory and had to buy all the weapons again just to upgrade. (unless someone can tell me I fucked up and I can actually upgrade equipped weapons)

I love the combat though, pretty interesting and I love the fact that you can damage your party and heal/buff the enemy.
>>
>>342099470
The game is really cool, reminds me a lot of that Vanillaware psp game. Really looking forward to it.

>>342099523
Maybe the vita one? PS4 version is retail
>>
>>342099731
Oh and also the animation in the menus and dialogue scenes (character and background) are like 5 fps wich annoys the fuck out of me. I have no idea why they did that. The animation in combat is fluid.
>>
Is it me or is the ranged units kinda shit compared to melee classes?
>>
>>342099523
It's getting a physical release on the PS4 and Vita in Europe and Australia/New Zealand at least; did NA get dicked out of a physical release like the last Fatal Frame?
>>
I played the demo for a bit on Vita and found it boring for some reason.
>>
>>342101230
In terms of damage output?
I haven't gotten too far, but I find the big advantage of ranged units is being so far off that enemy melee units can't really rush at you without wasting a good chunk of their action meter. Even better if you have other allies or objects in front of/around you and in-position to where the enemy has to jump around them just to get to you.
Also, in terms of archers, you can hit rows that aren't the one you are one.
I don't remember off-hand if witches also can do that, but one nice factor about witch fire is that it can back-attack for extra damage.
Another factor of ranged units is being able to hit other units in an area (with proper timing), especially in the case of trying to spam attacks at a leader unit to inflict leaderless on the other enemy units.
That isn't to say melee units aren't also good. They can really rack up single-target damage and even some minor impact damage on foes behind their target via juggling and knockbacks. Plus, being able to guard gives them an advantage other units don't get, especially if you don't blow a bunch of action meter on a combo.
If there's one unit I really can't get the hang of, it's the the medic and the vial throws, because the graphical arc shown, doesn't always match up, especially with the character hitboxes, which can lead to over or undershooting at times. I haven't actually tried to mess with them to see if you can throw at other lines or in a narrower or wider arc though, so I might also just be retarded.
>>
>>342101263
North America is getting a physical release but the Limited Editions got delayed because the manufacturers fucked it up.
>>
File: GK.jpg (266 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GK.jpg
266 KB, 1920x1080
>>342099470
>So this game drops tomorrow
wrong
EU m-master... r-race.... this one time.
>>
I tried the demo, but am not much int it yet. Does the full version have more enemy variation? How is the story content, do you only get a bit at the start of quests?

I fear it might get repetitive at some point

>>342102631
>I don't remember off-hand if witches also can do that

They can
>>
>>342102884
Oh shit!
And the stuff I mentioned about medics?
>>
>>342102867
Curse you
>>
>>342102867
Now I know who buys Helldivers.

What disgrace.
>>
>>342105982
It was free (Well, you know what I mean) on PS+ about six months, from memory.
>>
>>342106037
Ah. Then you are free to go citizen.
>>
>>342106086
Not even the guy who posted the screencap, I just remember it being put up on PS+ and giving a go based on recommendations here. It was so-so.
>>
File: gk3.jpg (136 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gk3.jpg
136 KB, 1920x1080
>>342105982
The only games I paid for on that image were GrandKingdom and WitchTheBitch, everything else was free, sorry to disappoint
Helldivers is super fun, not sure why you're hating on it

>>342105474
The game is nice but throws EVERY mechanic at you at once. They should unlock each aspect of the game, like joining the online war or visiting other capitals, etc more gradually
>>
>>342100105
That looks interesting. How's the battle system? Is it like Valkyrie Profile? Or just turn based?
>>
>>342106420
Did you get the Mark of the Conqueror?
>>
>>342106447
I dont know about valkyrie profile but the combat is indeed turn based, look up some gameplay on YouTube, what you see is what you get.
>>
File: get a load of this guy.gif (492 KB, 500x576) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this guy.gif
492 KB, 500x576
>>342106662
thanks, I'll do that
>I don't know about Valkyrie Profile
>>
>>342106447
-unit-by-unit turn based (depends on speed of each class)
-Movement AND action bar, one affects the other somehow (if you move too much you can't perform as many actions)
-3 lanes and many attaks/skills rely on zones, much like Megaman Battlenetwork
-Every melee hit is timing-based, you can combo between 3 (6 actually, but its much harder) and if one of your attacks throws the enemy up in the air and the second lands too low and wiffs, your combo ends, so you need good timing. Same for some spells, you need to land them
-Friendly fire & healing/buffing enemies can happen, you need to be careful about that

>>342106641
of course. can't wait for the august demo
>>
>>342107049
That sounds amazing. And the gameplay looked fun too. I'll give it a shot.
>>
Played a lot of the demo and it seems OK. No idea how the building damage during War works.
>>
>let's ripoff Vanillaware's game (Grand Knights History) but with none of the artstyle and charm of it: The Game
>WHAT
>COULD
>GO
>WRONG
>>
File: 2016-06-19-140101.jpg (145 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-19-140101.jpg
145 KB, 960x544
>>342108065

>let's put a mobile game on vita

At least they had the decency to include the dlc in the western release, if the kingdom stories were dlc here i wouldn't even consider getting it
>>
>>342108065
Doesn't this have a few ex-VW personnel on board, though?
>>
>>342108214
GKH was PSP exclusive, I have no idea what the fuck are you talking about, unless you mean this in which case I didn't know it was on mobile.
>>
>>342108065
>ripoff
The designer is the same with GKH, fucking niggers can't read shit.
>>
>>342108292
1 guy. 1 guy =/= VW

>>342108356
>desinger
BZZZZZZT WRONG
The art looks nothing like VW because it's not the VW designer.
It has Deguchi, who was the DIRECTOR, not the DESIGNER, on Grand Knights History and ONLY that.
>>
>>342108298
He was triggered by that "daily login bonus", it gives some mobile gaming feeling
>>
>>342108298

I'm jokingly implying the daily bonus is a mobile element
>>
>>342108448
>designer
>artist
>The art looks nothing like VW

Go back to school, nigger.
>>
>>342108564
Plenty of games do that and it's hardly a mobile element if content isn't locked behind bullshit.
Even Gran Turismo 6 has it as an incentive to not miss out on event races.
>>
>>342108595
>moving goalposts
>being this buttblasted
Get cancer and die, sandnigger scum.
>>
I'm getting it because I played Grand Knights History on an emulator and liked it. This game better not have some half assed singleplayer like GKH did. I've heard it's good in that regard but I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
>>
>>342108632

Fair enough.

The dlc was a pretty jewish move in japan though, only teasing one chapter per nation and selling you the rest
>>
>>342108764
Japan gets jewed all the time, much more than we do, that's because their governemnt is basically Yakuza.
>>
Did anyone get their GE yet?
>>
>that relentless dude who keeps on calling it a mobile game everywhere he can
you think you're the messiah on a mission or something?
>>
>>342108940

It's one dude who actually goes full autism and me who jokes about it

Hello vitagen
>>
>>342105982
>not buying helldivers
Do you even save Super Earth?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.