[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many bosses in this series leave me thinking "is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: souls.jpg (393 KB, 1600x827) Image search: [Google]
souls.jpg
393 KB, 1600x827
Why do so many bosses in this series leave me thinking "is this it" or "was that it"?
>>
You raid in WoW? It's what I figure contributes to my finding these games relatively easy. I mean, I love them, but the bosses have all been relatively simple to work out.
>>
Because the difficulty of these games is severely overhyped by the fanbase.

It's the same reason why playing Half Life 2 without nostalgia goggles is underwhelming. The game is fine, but the ridiculous amount of circlejerking surrounding it causes it to fail to meet expectations.
>>
>>342098889
because they mostly have low health and shit AI and only a few attack patterns. there are a good few decent fights, but they are few and far between. most areas leading up to a boss are harder than the boss fight itself
>>
Which game you playing m8?
Most soul bosses are filler/shit, the standouts are what get so overhyped.
>>
Because most of them are terrible.

Demosn Souls only has a few good bosses. By a few, i mean like 3.
Dark Souls has tons of bosses that might as well not even be fights because hugging them makes you invincible, and circle strafing makes you double invincible.
DaS 2 has a fuckload of filler bosses.

etc

The games are decent-good overall but they get way too much dicksucking.
>>
>>342098889
Because the levels are harder than the bosses, so by the time you actually reach the guy, you may be overlevelled and overgeared for the encounter, unlike other linearly designed games.
>>
DS2 is probably the worst of it.
I remember being told Lost Sinner was some epic fight, so I get to her, then I kill her on my first attempt without even knowing I could light the room up. I'm thinking "So now she's gonna get back up and transform, right?"
And no, that was it. It was an easy boss with a gimmick to make it easier who doesn't even change fighting styles at half health.
>>
Because you're overleveling
>>
>>342098889
This happens to alot of people actually once they've beaten a souls game, Any one of them really, Once you've played one you get the gist of the rest, And thus it becomes easier, And so some bosses just become less threatening because you know how to handle them
>>
>>342099905
I would just leave it at
>the levels are harder than the bosses
>>
>>342100172
>without even knowing I could light the room up
what?
>>
>>342102943
If you beat gargoyms before Sinner you get a key to light the braizers in her boss room, Very easy to miss actually.
>>
>>342102943
In the fight with lost sinner, there are two rooms to the side before you fight her, if you have a torch you can light them up to remove the darkness from the room.
>>
>>342098889
ludwig > ornstein and smough > orphan of kos > everything else
>>
>>342098889
Git gud.
>>
File: dasfans2.jpg (77 KB, 976x297) Image search: [Google]
dasfans2.jpg
77 KB, 976x297
Apparently it's "intentional"
>>
File: dasfans8.jpg (42 KB, 743x122) Image search: [Google]
dasfans8.jpg
42 KB, 743x122
Git gud and it stops being a problem
>>
>>342103662
Git gud and bosses being stupid and easy stops being a problem? I'd think the opposite.
>>
File: dasfans14.jpg (74 KB, 1351x124) Image search: [Google]
dasfans14.jpg
74 KB, 1351x124
>>342103732
Shut up, it's intentional
>>
>>342099097
really once you get the hang of the mechanics there'll be 5-6 bosses that give you trouble rest of the game is fine
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.