[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: nameless king.jpg (492 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nameless king.jpg
492 KB, 1920x1080
Why did we have to kill this guy again? I get the reason behind killing the Lords of Cinders, but there are some figures in Souls games that the player has no reason in killing. It just makes the player character looks like a serial killer.
This is stupid. Same thing for Rom. If the player character haven't killed her, all that shit wouldn't have happened in Bloodborne world.
>>
>bonus hidden area
>there's a bonus hidden boss
that's it
>>
>Why did we have to kill this guy again?
But you dont have to kill him to finish the game
>>
He's the one that starts the fight nigger
>>
You don't have to kill nameless. It's optional.

Rom hides the ritual. Killing it brings the moon presence
>>
>>342095608
for sport

killing rom just furthers the night, it doesn't actually trigger the red moon
>>
>>342095692
>>342095708
But if you want to progress in the level, you HAVE to kill him. Why?
>>
because, like everything else, he's gone hollow and attacks everyone who comes close
it's a mercy.
>>
>>342095764
But you're the one who rang the bell and ruined his area, you're the one who stepped into the fog-gate to kill him.
>>
>>342095813
Because this isn't fucking tumblrtale and people who buy dark souls want bosses anc gameplay
>>
For one he's optional. If you killed him you basically are just a crazed guy running around killing everyone you can find. Hell, the game even lays warnings around the lever to activate the fight to ward you off.

As for Rom you're a hunter. You hunt. Rom is an abomination you found along the path to not only cleanse the land of monsters but to delve deeper into what was going on in Byrgenwerth. While it is required characters and story bits even hint at the fact that going so far as to kill Rom and further delve into the nightmare was a mistake. Hence everyone going insane and crazy shit appearing. It isn't a good thing, but the whole point was if you kept going that meant you wanted to keep going even if shit got harder/crazier.

Simplest explanation though is that it's a cool boss fight. Cool boss fights are cool. You don't need a story reason to enjoy fighting something/someone who's tough. Stop reading so much into it.
>>
>hagia sophia in the background

what did fromsoft mean by this?
>>
>Optional boss
>Why did we have to kill this guy again?
>>
You don't have to kill any boss in any Souls game.

>>342095813
You've answered your own question. You have the option to kill them in order to progress past the point that they guard. You don't HAVE to. The whole point about Dark Souls is that hundreds of "Chosen Undead" have tried, some got far; some gave up early on. Some probably just decided not to keep going; some are probably still trying.
>>
>>342095765
Rom is used as a shield to protect the world from the Great Ones and to repel the Nightmare from the world. This is what Willem had done. By killing her you just ruined everything.
>>
>>342096005
>dark souls + undertale
>befriend all the bosses
>they make lame puns
>kills them
kek
>>
>>342096038
why is that an issue :^) dark souls draws from european history and it just used something up to date for once =)))
>>
>>342096034
Plus, would the hunter even understand the implications of hunting Rom? They just fell off a cliff into a lake and suddenly there's a giant ugly spider fuck sitting there.

The hunter is a foreigner as well, there's no way they could be expected to know the DEEPEST LORE reasons behind everything until it's far too late.

Honestly I just assume the hunter has no idea what's going on at any given time
>>
>>342096087
Would have been better if he was an NPC in that area like Hawkeye Gough in Dark Souls 1. He's nice and all but keeps warning you about ringing the bell. If you rang the bell you'll find him there as a boss. Gives me a sense that I'm the one to blame.
>>
>>342096091
Except that killing Rom doesn't trigger the blood moon, it was already there and beckoned by the ritual of Mensis and he was just hiding it. There are references to the "Paleblood sky" as early as when you get abducted into Yahar Gul before you reach Rom.
>>
>>342096660
That's an interesting idea.
But, as described in the narrative, the Nameless King is a God of War - so much so that it caused him to be excommunicated from his pantheon. It's not exactly out of character that he would immediately go into battle when someone trespasses upon his domain. I would have preferred a battle like the Ivory King where you have multiple men and he has multiple men and you all meet in the middle, but whatever, the dragon makes up for that.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.