[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watching streamers vs watching sports
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: 2015-09-10-waste-of-time.jpg (98 KB, 354x1023) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-10-waste-of-time.jpg
98 KB, 354x1023
>lol are you watching videogames when you can just play then in your PC kek

>Lol why are you watching sports when you can just go outside and play them in real life kek

Who is in the right? Are the media just jealous because they make big bucks while playing video games?
>>
yeah i feel the same way i watched a bit when i was a kid but that was because i didnt have a pc
>>
V I D E O G A M E S
I
D
E
O

G
A
M
E
S
>>
>>342094378

Contain your autism, this is about videogames.
>>
>>342094262
Playing sports on a high level is very difficult to achieve. Playing vidya on a high level is something you can easily do yourself. Watching ecelebs that are bad players for their "personality" is cancer.
>>
>>342094552
>Playing vidya on a high level is something you can easily do yourself
That is ridiculous. Why aren't you a rich e-sports guy then?

But then again high level isn't something youtubers do. So your explanation still stands.
>>
>>342094552

This seems like the general opinion on /v/, too bad that's the excuse most shitters use when they can't climb in a game, kek
>>
In terms of being pathetic

Watching others play sports < Watching others play video games < Watching others play poker < watching others cook < reality television
>>
>>342095043
What about watching people eat food?
>>
File: 1459891523712.jpg (30 KB, 540x537) Image search: [Google]
1459891523712.jpg
30 KB, 540x537
>>342095043

>Not being blind

Plebs
>>
>>342095043
what about watching others have sex?
>>
>>342095105
mukbang is pure kino
>>
>>342095105

That might actually be the worst. you reminded me of all of those videos on youtube as well where someone will unbox a bunch of wonderballs or some shit and the video will have 8 million+ views
>>
>>342095043
I think watching others cook is a good thing if you plan on learning to cook any of the stuff they're cooking. Cooking at least is a practical skill.
>>
>>342094262
Bot statements are right, obviously.
>>
>>342094552
>>342094654
The explanation does not stand. There's more to being popular on youtube than being silly. Plenty of people release tons of videos and still get very little out of it.
>>
I can use adblocker online cant do that with a sports channel
>>
>>342095403
I kinda wanna try it just to prove you wrong.
It doesn't seem hard at all
>>
>>342094262
that analogy is irrelevant unless you are strictly talking about e-sports/speedruns.

watching some regular old dumbfuck play vidya is just fucking shameful. There are legit reasons to watch someone play vidya, if say it's to show where some secrets are or for other guide purposes.
>>
>>342094262
Competitive game spectating is fine with me if it's world class caliber--just like physical sports on television. They don't air intramural matches of volleyball from your local community college for a reason, anon. But if you are watching a titty streamer play a narrative game like Life is Strange, you're a cuck twice over.
>>
>>342095532
Go ahead.
>>
File: confused obama.png (102 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
confused obama.png
102 KB, 300x256
>>342095575
>>342095532

Some people watch streamers to learn strategies for competitive games, what about them?
>>
>>342094262
Joke's on the artist. I don't like Let's Plays OR sports.
>>
File: gl.jpg (4 KB, 125x83) Image search: [Google]
gl.jpg
4 KB, 125x83
>>342095575
>But if you are watching a titty streamer play a narrative game like Life is Strange, you're a cuck twice over.
>buying a movie instead of watching it free online
>>
>>342095403
Well yeah, there's also finding a niche and cultivating an audience just like anything on YouTube that isn't video games.

If you're just being silly, you'll be one of the thousands of shucks being silly. If you're being silly but also promising something cool, you can build your audience up enough that you can stop promising and just be silly, but now you have an audience.
>>
>>342095893
I won't argue with that - I'm just saying that existence of unsuccessful youtubers is very good evidence of the fact that becoming popular on youtube is not easy.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (56 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
56 KB, 720x720
I SAID STREAMERS YOU TARDS, WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT YOUTUBE VIDEOS OR SPEED RUNS?????
>>
>>342094552
so
ripping all you're hair out is difficult to achieve but I wouldn't want to watch that
>>
>>342096320
It applies to streamers also, not just youtubers.
>>
>>342096320
youtube videos are streams.
>>
>>342094552
>Playing vidya on a high level is something you can easily do yourself.
Depends on your definition of a high-level. If you wanna be able to compete with pro-level players in something like CS then you're pretty much required to put at least a couple thousand hours in the game to even have a chance.
>>
>>342094262
I have a few things to say about this topic

1. Sports are nothing more a gambler's table of whose betting on whom. UFC is living proof.
2. Sports actually are more fun when you have people to play with, even if you have to resort to asking niggers
3. Watching other people play games is sometimes okay, but not to the point where you're obsessing over some e-celeb's personal drama/life and you look forward to someone else's opinion and playthrough of a game instead of your own, you know, like a fucking snotnose brat with no life at the age of 8 who talks about one thing incessantly. So in other words, like the people who make Best Friends Play threads on /v/, where the discussion is about whose friends with who and who fucked who's GF instead of V I D E O G A M E S
4. Video games are more of a personal experience whereas sports are more of a group experience so it's a little unfair to compare them. inb4 MP games
5. E-sports only offer so much in terms of entertainment. I say this because one games have one winning strategies with very little variables. From a bigger perspective, it's pretty close to being a fancy chess with fighting games being based on memory and reflex rather than outright strategy like Starcraft
>>
Depends on what sort of stream you bring up. It is is perfectly reasonable to watch video game tournaments or speedruns, watching guides is also nothing strange. It's when you're watching some unfunny cunt playing average if not downright bad is when you're being a retard.
>>
>>342095534
people watch lower level sports too. not as many as top level but there still are some.
>>
>>342094262
it takes skill to play sport

it doesnt to play games

/thread
>>
>>342096348
>ripping all you're hair out is difficult to achieve
Literally anyone can do this, so no, you idiot, it isnt.
>>
>>342099952
Did you mean #thread?
>>
>>342099952
T. Bronze player
>>
>>342099952
Wow dude, yeah, it takes unprecedented amounts of skill to kick a ball into a net.
I hear only the top 10% of human beings can get as far as the contact between foot and ball.
>>
>>342094262
the difference between sports and video games is that, unless the video game is dead, its pretty easy to find a match to play in, it takes like 5 mins of waiting. this also only applies to multiplayer games, not single player ones. you're also not limited to people in your direct area, and you can play with people all the way on the other side of the planet. also, i'd say about 95% of the people that stream/make youtube videos about video games are average at best at them.
with sports however, you need to find people enough people willing to play it, and if you want to play it regularly you need to find people willing to commit to it.
tl;dr its easy as fuck to play video games instead of watching them, but its not so easy with sport.
>>
>>342100160
You'd be surprised at the amount of people who find just kicking a ball to be hard. Much less getting it in a goal with 2 defenders and a goalie in place. Hell how many times,do you see pros miss a shot in pro leagues? But hey, feel secure in your justification that sports are the same as videogames.
>>
>>342100160
you seem to be forgetting about the fact that there are players that are both equal and better in skill than you trying to stop you from reaching the ball and shooting range of the net, not to mention the goalie, which is a position dedicated to defending the net and nothing but it.
>>
>>342100029
have you tried ripping out you're hair?
most people would faint due to the pain
>>
>>342096320
Do you download youtube videos before you watch them? No? Then you're streaming them, faggot.
>>
>>342094262
You can play chess but if you're into it nothing beats watching the cream of the crop duke it out.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.