[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that no other FPS game in 2016 is going to top this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 16
File: HomefrontRain.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
HomefrontRain.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
Reminder that no other FPS game in 2016 is going to top this.
>>
>>342092743
is this game any good?
>>
55/100 metascore from critics and 3.3/10 from users says otherwise.
>>
>>342092884
>55/100 metascore from critics and 3.3/10 from users says otherwise.
Implying Metacritic has any bearing on a game's quality.
>>
>>342092884
yeah but reviews are stupid, tell me what the game has and i'll form my own opinion

how's the gunplay?
the enemies?
are there a lot of guns?
>>
wow it's rain so amazing and revolutionary
>>
>>342092882
>is this game any good?
On PC, yes. On consoles... not so much. It launched buggy, but they're releasing a new patch every 10 days or so.

>>342092959
>wow it's rain so amazing and revolutionary
Name a game with better rain.
>>
>Wasted good tech on a shit game

I hate this meme
>>
Well, what fucking game is it?
>>
>>342092978
Call of Pripyat.
>>
>>342092912
Not a god sign when critics and users hated it.
>>
>>342092743
>rain wets sidewalk realistically
neat
>nothing on the gun or your clothes
nah
>>
>>342092982
That's how it has been with GTA, but people think that series is good.
>>
>>342092978
>Name a game with better rain
Who cares? if the gameplay isn't good I don't give a shit. Why should I care about the rain physics? how is that going to affect my gameplay experience?
>>
File: 1464492917460.webm (3 MB, 696x748) Image search: [Google]
1464492917460.webm
3 MB, 696x748
>>342092743
>clothing doesn't get wet
>>
>>342092982
can't wait for them to copy and paste this rain into their other projects that might be good instead
>>
>>342092978
what about the guns?
do you get a lot of them? are they fun to shoot?
what exactly do you shoot?
>>
>>342093074
why does she have the shoulders of a defensive end?
>>
>>342092943
>how's the gunplay?
Good, IMO.
>the enemies?
Not much variety. It's weird how you never fight helicopters. There were helicopters in the 2014 footage, but none in the final game. Still, the game is getting three singleplayer expansions, so maybe they'll add more enemies in those.
>are there a lot of guns?
Kind of. The pistol becomes an SMG and dart gun. The assault rifle becomes a grenade launcher, I think? The shotgun can be modded for fire rounds and another function. There's a crossbow. And also a battle rifle that can become a more powerful sniper rifle. Plus a rocket launcher. And maybe one or two others.
>>
Credit where it's due, that is a really cool detail...

But the game is absolutely garbage. Not in the sense that most AAA games are, in that it's just terrible mediocre. No, the new Homefront is just fucking bad bad bad bad. Everything about it is bad. The AI is completely useless and gets you killed all the time. The mechanics are at total odds with one another. The story is fucking retarded and makes it almost impossible to tell between the good guys and bad guys. It's a broken and buggy unfinished mess, embarrassing for people who worked on it.
>>
>>342093012
>Call of Pripyat.
Call of Pripyat doesn't have any transition between dry ground and wet ground. Pripyat doesn't have rain that comes in holes in the ceiling and leaves puddles that slowly dry when the sun comes out.
>>
dots on the ground i'm never going to look at is where i like my frames to go!
>>
>>342093176
>makes it almost impossible to tell between the good guys and bad guys
I wouldn't necessarily call that a bad thing. Grey and grey morality, man.
>>
>>342093042
>>nothing on the gun or your clothes
Your clothes get wet in the rain. You can see water splashing on your jeans and the dark splotches spread. Your jacket and gloves also get wet. But I think the clothes might be a bit buggy because it seems a bit inconsistent sometimes.
>>
>>342093273
tehy're not being computed if you arent looking at them, anon.
>>
>>342092743
yeah and no fps will beat cods fish AI.

who gives a fuck?
>>
>>342092978
>Name a game with better rain.
Life
>>
>>342093204
COP was the first game to come out with those things you idiot
>>
>>342093335
they're always going to be in view unless you're look up at the sky
>>
>>342092743
Stalker Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat do that

also on your webm you can see that rain effect is animated texture with obvious tiling
>>
>>342092743
What's with the flickering in this webm, are you trying to make me go blind
>>
>>342092743
This, and only this.
>>
>>342093135
Probably because her job is to beat people to submission/death with a baseball bat.
>>
>>342093176
>The story is fucking retarded and makes it almost impossible to tell between the good guys and bad guys.
How is that retarded? Freedom fighters are almost never "good guys" in real life. They're murderous fuckwits who usually end up killed by their own revolution.
>>
>>342093407
>COP was the first game to come out with those things you idiot
CoP literally has water flowing down walls indoors. There are no clouds, only a skybox. The weather randomly resets when you load a saved game. Homefront is leagues beyond CoP.
>>
>>342093074
>>clothing doesn't get wet
It does, though?
>>
>>342092884
>>342092912
I don't quite understand the low scores it's really not any worse than the last couple of farcry games
>>
>>342093473
>also on your webm you can see that rain effect is animated texture with obvious tiling
It has limitations, but literally no other game has done this before. When someone comes up with a better visual effect, that'll be fine and dandy.
>>
>>342094213
>I don't quite understand the low scores it's really not any worse than the last couple of farcry games
Internet hyperbole combined with a hatred of "me too" games. The shoddy console ports didn't help.

But ironically, the PC version being very demanding because graphics also hurt it because PC gamers in 2016 resent games from CRYTEK making their PCs look bad.
>>
>>342094254
>but literally no other game has done this before.
because its silly to cover huge sweathes of land with an animated png to do a fucking rain transition effect. i'd be impressed if they achieved this with an optimized shader, but cheap tricks like this only work in extremely linear shovelware like homefront 2, and even then the game runs like fucking shit
>>
>>342092743

Too bad every single other aspect of this game was shit
>>
>>342094039
>CoP literally has water flowing down walls indoors
>In a post-nuclear landscape, materials for roofs and walls decay
no shit??
>>
File: 1466096868404.jpg (9 KB, 189x292) Image search: [Google]
1466096868404.jpg
9 KB, 189x292
>>342094039

>Homefront is leagues beyond CoP.
>>
>>342093010
read the fucking filename you fucking fuck
>>
>>342092743
Thanks for the seizure
>>
>>342094819
Rain wise, I assume.

The game might be shit but I have to admit that rain is pretty nice
>>
>>342094213
Every now and then critics need to give some shitty game a low score so they can point to that when someone asks they seem to hand out 10s for designated AAA blockbusters and try to pretend its somehow meaningful. The games journalism community sometimes seems to pick a safe scapegoat game for everyone to shit on so they can go back to giving some other piece of barely different shit a 10/10.
>>
>>342093473
>you can see that rain effect is animated texture

No shit Sherlock, it's not 2116, we don't have water particle simulation you stupid fuck.
>>
>>342092743
>Look down
>See legs
>Can't see nose
>Can't see eyebrows
>Can't see eyelashes
>Can't see BBC
3/10
>>
>>342094585
>because its silly to cover huge sweathes of land with an animated png to do a fucking rain transition effect.
Huh? The rain wetting affect is used on every horizontal surface exposed to rain. Tables, for example. And the rain drops fall just inside open doorways to simulate rain coming into building interiors.
>in extremely linear shovelware like homefront 2
Wot? It's an open world game. Have you even played it?
>even then the game runs like fucking shit
Crytek games are demanding. Wow, what a shock.
>>
Reminder that Homefront 2's lead developer wasn't lying. He literally made Half Life 2: Open World Edition.

Dana is Alyx.
The Mayor is Breen.
The KPA are the Combine. They're harvesting America's resources at an alarming rate and pumping toxic gas into the sewers for some reason the game is never quite clear on.
Sam Burnett is Eli Vance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51tdi97gcv4
>>
why did this game get so much hate, thought reviewers and casuals love open world shooters, or did the publisher forget a couple envelopes and it started a chain reaction? (casuals cant form own opinions)
>>
File: Untitled.44.jpg (80 KB, 541x471) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.44.jpg
80 KB, 541x471
Remember when Graeme Norgate was a big deal in videogames? Where /v/ would recognise his work and say, "Wow, that's awesome stuff."

I feel old.
>>
>>342095615
>why did this game get so much hate
In fairness, it got mixed reactions. There was a big undercurrent of "really good game hiding under technical issues".

Witcher 3 launched with bugs coming out its ass, but Witcher 3 was special. Homefront 2 fell into the "generic because reasons so it doesn't matter" basket. The sad irony is that Homefront 2 was originally a linear FPS game. They made it open world in 2014, and then suddenly people started hating open world games in around 2015. Free Radical/Crytek UK/Dambuster were always going to be fucked because audiences and critics ultimately don't actually know what they want.
>>
File: STERLING.png (7 KB, 369x89) Image search: [Google]
STERLING.png
7 KB, 369x89
>>342095109
Someone pointed out Jim Sterling's hypocrisy for giving Fallout 4 a great score but Homefront 2 a dismal 1/10 score despite the games having near identical issues, especially in terms of bugs.

Sterling took the criticism really, really well. It's so great to know games journalism is in a good place right now.
>>
>>342095790
Tbf there's been a certain developer releasing games with bugs that were NEVER fixed yet their games got critical acclaim all but once (ironically their stablest and most fun to play release got panned the most)
>>
>>342092978
>yes it's shit..
>Name a game with better rain tho

PeeSee gaymers strike again
>>
>>342096037
NWN 2 met pretty cold reception, IIRC (I assume "but once" refers to Alpha Protocol). Deservedly, too.

Also South Park was stable as well, or so I heard. Both it and DS3 were made on Onyx engine, developed by Obsidian themselves.
>>
>>342096116
The problem with the console versions is they run rather poorly. Far Cry is a fantastic game on PC. The console port by Ubisoft, Far Cry Classic, runs at 20fps on consoles. Get my drift?
>>
>>342096154
I meant bethesda anon, no obsidian game got critical acclaim did it?
>>
>>342096154
>Also South Park was stable as well, or so I heard.
It had some game breaking bugs, actually.
>>
>>342096116
funny how you managed to make even that about platform wars lmao
>>
>>342095635
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eIRz14pnjE

Remember when FPS games were good?
>>
>>342096269
I thought you meant Beth at first, but I couldn't remember a single game of theirs that was actually panned critically.

FNV got 84% which is not a flop at all, Mask of the Betrayer has a niche popularity, Pillars was massively successful.

>>342096280
Whoops!
>>
>>342096331
It's a pity Homefront 2 only has two missions from TimeSplitters 2 in it, and it's also a shame that the audio mix is weird. I assume they're simulating playing the game on an arcade machine, but it just sounds weird to me.

I dunno what Deep Silver will have Dambuster working on next, aside from the obvious campaign DLC for Homefront, but I'd love to see them work out some kind of deal with Crytek to release a remastered TimeSplitters 2/3 for PC/PS4/XBO. I'd just love that shit.
>>
>>342096384
I meant FO4 and it technically wasn't panned critically its just that people disliked it the most and it failed to achieve the same critical acclaim despite being their stablest, most fun to play release since morrowind.

I will never find something more ironic than a FO3 fanboy calling FO4 not an rpg and crying on the internet, like nigga, its the same fucking shit
>>
>>342096518
>I meant FO4 and it technically wasn't panned critically its just that people disliked it the most and it failed to achieve the same critical acclaim despite being their stablest, most fun to play release since morrowind.
The point to remember, however, is that despite internet grumbling, Fallout 4 has sold a MEGA SHITLOAD of copies. I have some gripes with its design and worldbuilding, but Bethesda have released one smash hit game after another.
>>
>>342096518
>people disliked it the most
It sold incredibly well, didn't it? And /v/ isn't really "people".
>>
>>342092743

Damn shame. Homefront both this one and the first had a decent concept but both have failed to be executed properly.

Maybe with an actual budget / time and crew it'll not be mediocre someday.

I wonder if it's some sort of Fantastic Four shit where for whatever reason they need to pump out shit to keep the title / rights, who knows.
>>
>>342092743
Mind is blown but I still wont play it
>>
>>342096658
Yeah of course, but that just reinforces my point even more, that releasing something with bugs is only an issue for people when in certain cases.
>>342096692
Dude, no, FO3 fanboys cried about it on steam, on plebbit, on metacritic, fucking everywhere. Of course they still had 500 hours in it because they're hooked on beth crap but I honestly think its funny that they'd be up in arms about it despite being all round better than 3
>>
>>342096790
Crytek bought the rights from the THQ fire sale, who then gave it to Deep Silver when Crytek's checks started bouncing.
>>
>>342095948
>pissx
How to identify a tumblr fag
>>
Homefront: The Revolution selling poorly, at least for now, has a lot of parallels to The Saboteur. That game flopped hard, and had a lot of design similarities to Homefront 2. Coincidentally, Wolfenstein 2009 was semi-open world and flopped.
>>
>>342096840
>Yeah of course, but that just reinforces my point even more, that releasing something with bugs is only an issue for people when in certain cases.
Exactly. I'm playing Fallout 4 right now. And characters keep falling out of elevators, and I've had multiple crashes, and the bug where you fall through the police station floor has FINALLY been fixed.

Plus Far Harbor runs at 15fps on the PS4.
>>
>>342096947
yeah but let's not forget that saboteur was actually good
>>
>>342096887
>Crytek bought the rights from the THQ fire sale, who then gave it to Deep Silver when Crytek's checks started bouncing.
They sold the IP to Deep Silver and Deep Silver acquired Crytek UK as an in-house developer like Volition are. (Volition did QA on Homefront 2.)

Fun story -- Crytek noted that they were surprised that literally nobody wanted the Darksiders IP and dev team. There wasn't a single bid for it. They considered buying, but the style of game didn't gel with their catalogue.
>>
>>342096947
Saboteur is criminally underrated tbqh

I guess people only really rave about big open worlds with lots to do when its bethesda or rockstar, and err CDprojekt maybe
>>342097003
And that has been the case for years yet they're still given a pass. In fact given how lazy they are I'm surprised they even bothered improving the gunplay in 4. World is actually fucking decently designed for once too, again, surprised they bothered to begin with.
>>
>>342092943

>yeah but reviews are stupid.
>Give me a review and i'll form my own opinion
>>
>>342096947
I'll never forgive EA for this.
>>
>>342096947
i really liked the saboteur tho
>>
>>342096947
Mercs 3 never ever.
>>
Should I pirate it?
>>
File: syndicate-logo.jpg (171 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
syndicate-logo.jpg
171 KB, 600x337
>>342097123
>I'll never forgive EA for this.
Friendly reminder that Starbreeze's Syndicate was an excellent FPS game with some original ideas that Wolfenstein: The New Order and Call of Duty Advanced Warfare/Black Ops 3 shamelessly ripped off.

It deserved to sell way better than it did.
>>
>>342097227
You can't, anon. Game has Denuvo. If you want to play it, you should just wait for a sale. Pick it up for $30 or something, and if you don't like it, you can refund it if you've played less than two hours.
>>
File: 1347363633764.png (117 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
1347363633764.png
117 KB, 470x470
>>342093053
>GTA has good tech
Okay buddy
>>
>>342092743
>Wow that looks awesome
And then
>Minimap
>Markers
>Objectives

Oh well.
>>
>>342097259
This was painfully generic but I had fun especially in that club mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTpBwYpK7Zs
>>
>>342097337
Can you give me other games where you can set gas trails on fire with backfire from your car's exhaust?
>>
>>342097337
GTA does have good tech, the games just aren't all that fun.
>>
>>342097469
For you
>>
>>342097338
>>Minimap
>>Markers
>>Objectives
I bet you play STALKER with the Misery mod. In all seriousness, though, you can already view maps and stuff on your mobile phone. You don't actually NEED the onscreen stuff to find you way around. Adding an option to disable various HUD elements would be great. (And it could actually be done via modding, since we do know how to decrypt Crytek PAK files, but the problem is, of course, you risk VAC bans or some shit.)
>>
>>342097354
>This was painfully generic but I had fun especially in that club mission
How was it painfully generic? The number of FPS games like Syndicate released BEFORE Syndicate can be counted on one hand.
>>
>>342097113
>Fun story -- Crytek noted that they were surprised that literally nobody wanted the Darksiders IP and dev team. There wasn't a single bid for it. They considered buying, but the style of game didn't gel with their catalogue.

Well no one fucking wants another warcraft heroish tps hack and slash that caters to the niche market, and being said that with that limited skill and mediocre production, a mobile AAA 3d zombie shooter game could have topped them instant.

Not to mention god of war was the rage, this game just wanna get a dirty slice of the oversaturated dying hack and slash genre
>>
>>342092884
What some opinion of some autist on the internet has to do with the game quality?
Pirate it,if it doesnt have demo and try it out.
Jesus Christ,do you also wait for reviews on a chick you will fuck before you do it?
>>
>>342097338
Why was it okay when Crysis 1 had a minimap, HUD markers, and objectives? What exactly happened between 2007 and 2016 to make it not okay, anon?
>>
>>342092743
You guys are focusing on the wrong thing.
You can see your own legs!
>>
>>342092743
Is this fun? Kinda liked the first one but this is already forget here so its probably pretty fucking good.
>>
>>342097569
you just shot shit in a futuristic setting with muh corporate betrayal undertones and had press Q to activate skill or w/e

it felt so to me but like I said I liked the game, the fact that I dont remember much except the club mission and the ex-friend last boss just enforces its genericness to me
>>
>>342097654
I haven't played it but it seems like a clunkier Farcry game in an urban setting.

Also most complaints seem to be about the fact that it runs like shit so yeah
>>
File: kulak.jpg (29 KB, 324x395) Image search: [Google]
kulak.jpg
29 KB, 324x395
>>342092882
>propaganda game made to paint a tiny country thats rebelling against the world bank as some evil country.

maybe if it was a game where you play as North Korean guerrillas against american and NATO occupation then id play the shit out of it. since its 1000 times more realistic
>>
>>342097653
It's a side effect of being built using a mix of Crysis 3 and Ryse tech.
>>
>>342097698
> fact that it runs like shit so
so poor fags complaining.
>>
>>342097259
wouldn't go so far as calling it excellent but it definitely deserved better acclaim than it got
sadly naming it after such a great classic series that had nothing to do with an FPS genre was the worst possible decision they could make
>>
>>342097656
It is generic, game was unique for its graphics and settings design, after an hour playthrough you feel like dejavu playing cod all over again thanks to the shitty cinematic QTE hand holds or cutscenes.

Technology gameplay and idea wise ? Could have been a sucessful DeusEx multiplayer section. Story wise ? Generic backstabbing ruseman revenge story.
>>
>rain makes a game good
>>
>>342097721
It's an alternate universe where Korea invented personal computers. North and South Korea made peace in the 90's.

The Koreans in Homefront: The Revolution (remember, it's a reboot with no story connection to the first game) are transparent stand-ins for The Combine from Half Life. The lead dev said he wanted to make "open world half life".
>>
>>342097756
Nah I think it has trouble on high end hardware but I haven't benched it myself since denuvo so I'm just waiting on the inevitable sale at this point
>>
>>342097416
probably any car simulation game or fun bungeon car game like burnout
>>342097469
GTA games are probably one of the least immersive games I have played and its getting worse with each installment. At least GTA 3 and VC had self aware cops that would pull bullshit out of their asses to find you and have very interesting coms chatter, first, and last, time I played GTA5 the cops run around like headless chooks and barely even say anything about your chase on coms
>>
>>342097831
>>rain makes a game good
It helps, anon. Atmosphere is crucial in a game like this. There's something amazing about staggering away from a firefight as the sun bursts through the volumetric clouds and paints the world a sickly gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yCCyhZeMGk
>>
>>342097721
>North Korea
>not evil

Whoa there buddy.
Next you're gonna tell me that Mao was a saint and modern China is a paradise build upon freedom and equality.
>>
>>342097898
>probably

give concrete example
>>
Looks like Crytek are still keeping their engine up to date. How come no one uses it though? Bad performance?
>>
>>342097698
>>342097756
>>342097885
It struggles on AMD just like every Crytek game since Crysis 2, and just like every Crytek game since Far Cry, current-gen hardware struggles on the highest settings. A GTX 980 is perfectly capable of 60fps on High, and once you do SLI or a GTX 1080, you're golden. The game's performance issues are highly exaggerated by idiot youtubers.

We're talking about people who don't understand how vertical FOV works here. Homefront uses vertical FOV, and it maxes out at 65. That's a horizontal FOV of 97, roughly. But you've got YTers bleating about the "shit FOV that is an obvious poor console port".

Nevermind that most games don't even ship with an FOV slider. The Crysis games didn't.

You can't win against stupid.
>>
>>342098028
Because it's fucking weird as shit. I tried porting my game over from Unity and it uses something called a node graph and I noped the fuck out of there
>>
>>342097627
But I didn't like crysis
Far Cry was the shit though
>>
>>342097721
>no korean kimchi qt
>no korean kimchi ration food
>no kimchi killer resistance squad
>no kimchi scientist with broken english
>no kimchi heroic poster boy dying to awaken the resistance
>no kimchi gorilla tactics that does not only hit and run but under the blade facial operations for tactical espionage action
>no korean gangsters or union supporting the faction or fighting against the resistance or invading gaijin or nippon yin desu.
>no final ending of chinese resistance breaking through walls and cooperating with KPA forces to push back invading capitalist fat cats
>no ivan based expansion pack playing as slav killer squat dealing with side story of human experimentations and europe incursions.
>>
File: 1456106740239.jpg (122 KB, 780x620) Image search: [Google]
1456106740239.jpg
122 KB, 780x620
>>342098038
>AMD
>people still fall for this meme
>>
>>342092743

Maybe they should have toned down the rain technology and focused on making a better game.
>>
>>342098028
huge problems with Maya and 3ds tools, mind you 3ds is officially supported modelling tool.

3rd party software is used in the engine, you need licenses from them too.

overall just a mess to work with, but it's a great engine.
>>
>>342098028
>Looks like Crytek are still keeping their engine up to date.
I think Homefront is build on CryEngine 4.0, which is the Ryse version. They're up to CryEngine V now.
>How come no one uses it though?
A mix of less than great documentation and the fact that learning how it works requires some effort. Far Cry was CryEngine 1.0, and the game shipped with a fucking amazing SDK with 100% flexibility, and yet people flocked to make mods for Half Life 2 and Doom 3 and such instead.

The big problem with game engines is that the path of least resistance tends to win. It doesn't matter that CryEngine has all these advantages over Unreal and a much better editor and flexible scripting system and all that. If you're recruiting for a game, you're more likely to find people who know the basics of Unreal. Making a CryEngine game is like recording a pop song in a language other than English.
>>
>>342097971
no
>>
>>342097518
But it's not about those things being on screen. It's about devs so immersed in that modern causal culture they don't even think "let's make a coherent world so players can find themselves in it", they just put markers without a thought. It just means the game design is already bad, it's not about being annoyed at a square taking space on the screen. Same with objectives, meaning there's no story, just a few voice-acted in-engine animations that won't affect you so you need a little post-it in the corner.
>>
>>342098195
>fanboy of a company that pays devs to make games perform worse
>calls other people a meme
>>
>>342098195
To clarify, AMD CPUs work fantastically because CryEngine has had god-tier multithreading support ever since Crysis 3. The problem is AMD GPUs, and to be honest, half the problem is probably that AMD seem to have done nothing driver-wise to improve Homefront performance. They're probably too busy trying to make Doom 4 not run like shit.

Kinda funny how Doom 4 runs like shit on quite a few hardware configurations, but it doesn't get tarred by the "poorly optimised' brush.

As an interesting aside, Doom 4's lead graphics engineer is the former lead graphics engineer from Crytek. The guy who invented SSAO and made the graphics for everything from Far Cry to Ryse.
>>
>>342098236
Easy, i can sum up what u said based on my personal exp in modding.

3dsmax = unreal editor = udk = ue4

Their interface is almost the same, despite minor differences in button actions or shortcuts. Crytek missed their chance during cryengine 2, they were eating udk dust at the time and resorted to the same payment model like udk does.
>>
File: 1413010238773.gif (1020 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1413010238773.gif
1020 KB, 500x281
>>342092743
>rain accumilizes on the ground
>player and weapon remain dry
>>
>>342092882
No. I really didn't like it. Glitchy and the overall combat system is dumb. The graphics are pretty nice and stuff but the story is horrible and trying to play the actual game was not very rewarding in my opinion
>>
>>342098507
Will I enjoy it if I'm desperate for a game with this setting?
>>
>>342092912
>>342092943
>>342094213
>>342097624
Are you literally shills?
>>
>>342098409
> Doom 4 runs like shit on quite a few hardware configurations
runs pretty good with my I7.
>>
>>342098546
if you are desperate then yes.
>>
>>342098443
What's weird about Crytek is I'm very familiar with the Far Cry version of CryEngine, but CryEngine V is a fucking alien beast that no longer has any of intuitive features that CryEngine 1.0 had. In CryEngine 1.0, you could make a nice little island with some trees and a pig wandering around with about 2 hours of practice. Total amateur to placing investigate_here nodes for the pig to follow in 2 hours.

I'm reminded of the Daikatana story where John Romero got his hands on the Quake II engine, planning on rapidly porting their work from Quake 1 to Quake II's tech in a few weeks, and said something like "WHAT HAS HE DONE TO IT?"
>>
>>342098626
it runs pretty good and looks on my Athlon x4
>>342098409 is just full of shit.
>>
File: 223100_20160604000817_1.png (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
223100_20160604000817_1.png
2 MB, 1440x900
>>342098474
>>player and weapon remain dry
They don't, though. Your clothes become wet in the rain. See the rain drops on the jeans?

The weapon metal seems to become a bit shinier, but not much changes there.
>>
Does the PC version of this still have the TS2 arcade machine?
>>
>>342098692
>>342098626
Have either of you tried playing Doom 4 on a midrange AMD GPU? You know, the GPUs that struggled with Wolfenstein and The Evil Within because AMDs OpenGL support sucks?

Because you sound full of shit.
>>
>>342093473
They do? I've put hundreds of hours in all 3 games and never noticed
>>
File: 223100_20160604202511_1.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
223100_20160604202511_1.png
1 MB, 1440x900
>>342098826
>Does the PC version of this still have the TS2 arcade machine?
Yes. And after you finish the game, you can access it from the main menu.
>>
>>342098870
it was fixed.
AMD doesn't have true OpenGL4.5 support so they make it run on OpenGL4.3
>>
>>342092743
>that insane flickering
my eyes
>>
>>342098957
>it was fixed.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/379720/discussions/0/350533172699991223/
>>
>>342098563
Are you underage?
Do you not know how to pirate a game?
Are you seriously telling me that you dont know how to download torrents?
>>
>>342095948
is the video still up? the one from a month ago?
>>
>>342099036
>looks at the people having problems

Welcome to 2016, but bad performance was fixed.
>>
>>342098887
I've never seen the ground becoming slowly wetter as rain falls in STALKER. I remember it just suddenly becoming dry. But I could be wrong.

I also remember Call of Pripyat having horrifyingly bad ground textures.
>>
>>342093293
that's done by story, not making it impossible to play.
>>
File: REKT.webm (2 MB, 360x460) Image search: [Google]
REKT.webm
2 MB, 360x460
>>342092743
>Make rain detailed
>Game ends after some boring uninspired shootouts against retarded AI and walking forward 3 steps
Kek
>>
>>342092978
>Name a game with better rain.
Crysis 3's first level, which released three years before Homefront: The Revolution. https://youtu.be/12I7mYlGm_k (granted, this video has shitty compression, but you can still tell how impressive the rain effect is.)
>>
>>342099204
Actually, Doom 4 still has some issues. Besides the fact it crashes to desktop constantly for some people, there's a mysterious issue where performance drops to 30fps on high-end hardware and can only be fixed by setting textures to low and then to ultra.

Doom 4 is not all rainbows and sunshine. It still has performance issues even on Nvidia hardware, and older AMD hardware gets not-great performance, just like every other id Tech game.
>>
>>342099231
wew
>>
>>342092943

Depends what reviews you're watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCPp3FX7R4A
>>
>>342099237
Crysis 3 has no weather system, though. The rain is all predefined. If we're gonna treat include rain in games with no weather system, basically nothing tops Metro: Last Light.
>>
File: frozen.jpg (136 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
frozen.jpg
136 KB, 1200x1600
>>342095948
>daily reminder that this guy praised Fallout 4 for allowing polyamorous relationships (characters didn't even acknowledge that you were fucking around)
>>
>>342099231
He ded?
>>
>>342099231
>>Game ends after some boring uninspired shootouts against retarded AI and walking forward 3 steps
What are you talking about? Shootouts? A huge part of the game is AVOIDING combat because if you fight too much you will die.
>>
>>342092743
What's with all the flickering?
>>
>>342099667
>What's with all the flickering?
There's a fire barrel behind the player. They're scattered over the decayed urban areas and they cast a flickery yellow light. It doesn't play nice with the video compression.
>>
>>342099497
>Not posting best youtuber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtfV5gHKzvo
>>
>>342099779
That review made me want to kill myself.

>It runs badly on PS4, so it's shit.
>Two randomly generated NPCs were identical standing next to each other, something that commonly happens in open world games. Wow, this game is shit.
>I can't aim my guns good. This game is shit.
>This is the worst game I've ever played.
It's almost as bad as Jim Sterling's review. Imagine how Perfect Dark would be received in 2016, running at 15-20fps on a good day and sub-10fps on a bad one.
>>
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided looks worse than Homefront despite having 99% prebaked lighting, while Homefront has realtime lighting. Homefront's graphics get shat on and Mankind Divided's get praised.

There is no justice in this world.
>>
>>342096790

All they have to do is remake Freedom Fighters and slap the Homefront name on it. Wouldn't be hard.
>>
>>342096840
Well, to play devil's advocate 3 doesn't have a voiced protag (though it still locks you as a 18 years old looking for his/her dad, lol). But yeah, I mean, it's Bethesda game, what did they expect? Good writing? Good quests? Lol.

>>342096947
Wolf2009 open-world was completely pointless and boring. The classic linear levels were good, though. I miss Raven.
>>
>>342100437
> loved home front 1
> be really excited for home front 2
> turns out to be shit
> replay home front 1
> it also shit
> realise I was thinking of freedom fighters anyway.

Fuck.
>>
>>342099594
Nah, don't worry. He respawned.
>>
This thread is actually making me want to play Homefront.
>>
>>342096947
The difference is Saboteur was REALLY GOOD
>>
>>342103869
Homefront 2 is also really good, though.
>>
>>342099043
It has denuvo bud calm down.
>>
>>342096947
Game wasn't that bad if you ask me. I enjoyed it.
>>
>>342097259
nah it was ok but it feel bland and the lighting was fucked
>>
How is the timesplitters Easter egg on PC
>>
>>342096947
No, the difference was Pandemic dun goofed after Merc 2, so they know that they will be canned after Saboteur. The Saboteur was their swan song.
>>
>>342103970
Nah, it's mediocre
>>
Can you pirate it now?
>>
File: profbook.jpg (86 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
profbook.jpg
86 KB, 800x600
At its core, Homefront Revolution is a fairly average, competent but generic FPS. A 6/10 game.

The technical issues just make an average game even worse.

The co-op is surprisingly fun though.
>>
>>342092912
Find a universally praised game with a bad meta score. I'll wait.
>>
>>342096947
Of course /v/ defends this shitty game (plebateur) but NOPE FUCK OCARINA FUCK SKYRIM THEY'RE SHIT!!
>>
Somebody post the essential mediocre shooter chart. I want to play some.

And yeah, this game is the textbook definition of bargain bins games
>>
>>342092743
really really cool
rain is so underrate in games
>>
>>342093434
>what is lod
>>
>>342097721
Basically it started as China, but then they wanted to sell the game in China so they changed it to DPRK.

It happens over and over again, like with the remake Red Dawn movie.
>>
>>342096947
Saboteur was meh, to be honest. Pleb game in the actual sense of the term, appealing to that part of the american audience who think themselves smart because they're one step above the dorito cod bros. Nothing but shitty stereotypes about the french and german.
>>
>>342106952
>appealing to that part of the american audience who think themselves smart because they're one step above the dorito cod bros

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, congrats.
>>
>>342092743
I tried to play it on Xbone and the game froze for like 10 seconds every time you close a menu.
>>
>>342097627
> Crysis
> nanosuit

A hud and markers makes sense, its the future and you've got your future suit on.

Homefront makes you a geurilla figure with limited resources and definately no sci-fi headgear.

Its more a matter of immersion and how much should be allowed imho
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.