[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games that you desperately tried to see what others saw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11
File: gotyxdxd.jpg (84 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
gotyxdxd.jpg
84 KB, 460x215
ITT: Games that you desperately tried to see what others saw in them. Try and explain why.

>felt the combat was fairly boring with a clunky sign system that felt unimpactful

>It really didnt feel like an RPG at all, other than a few play styles and some choices to make.

>the story felt really sluggish. It felt like it was just Exposition dump > fight > exposition dump.

Im not saying it's a bad game by any means, im just sayin that I didnt click with it I guess
>>
I didn't like witcher 3 because geralts voice sounds like a cheese grater on my ear drums. I wasn't going to sit through 100+ hours of this awful voice talking.
>>
>>342085448
im sick of your shit Tricky Pete
>>
>>342085505
>Not playing with superior Polish Geralt voice
>Torturing himself with edgy-ass English dubb instead
I honestly and sincerely don't understand why they've picked two COMPLETELY different voices for both dubbs. Especially since the English one doesn't even fit the character.
>>
>>342085505
>>342085716
wow I never really thought about it but yeah his English voice fucking sucks.
>>
>>342085448
I didnt like TW3 because I didnt play the other 2, but desu the game looks really interesting. I traded it for Dying Light
>>
>>342085827
>Polish Geralt
>Just a guy with few snarky comments, that can crakc a joke or be funny; entire range of emotions
>English Geralt
>Motherfucking Batman, growling all the fucking time with his rapsery voice
>>
Reminder that all these threads are started by one butthurt bioware shill.
>>
>>342085448

Hello thebull.
>>
File: 1465505380068.jpg (96 KB, 450x347) Image search: [Google]
1465505380068.jpg
96 KB, 450x347
>>342085978
>He exchanged TW3 for DL
>>
>>342085576
>>342086067
whom?
>>
>>342085978
Good trade if you ask me, TW3 is trash and Dying Light is great.
>>
>>342085978
Neither did I and I still enjoyed the game like... well, I can't really recall any game since Rise of Legends I've enjoyed this much.
>>
>>342085448
Nice blog faggot.
I can't express how much I want to read your opinions!
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 560x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 560x451
>>342086073
>>342086165
I loved Dying Light, it was what Dead Island tried to be, but 100x times better
>>
File: guard look.jpg (172 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
guard look.jpg
172 KB, 600x450
>>342086165
>>
>>342086165

This is some pretty blatant shitposting.
>>
The Witcher 2 is the only good game in the series. The first one is a disaster from a gameplay standpoint and the third is just a boring snoozefest overstuffed with bad filler and poor RPG mechanics.
>>
>>342086228
I just couldnt get in the story you know? Game looked pretty good desu, I would buy it again when the GOTY version releases
>>
File: 1463629591101.jpg (35 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
1463629591101.jpg
35 KB, 600x456
>>342085448
I did't like Witcher 3 because Ciri was a spoiled cunt.
>>
>>342086410
>Couldn't get into the story
Please explain me how you couldn't get into the story that requires no prior knowledge about anything and is pretty much self-contained.
Or was it simply too much for you, hence the Dying Light baiting... I mean cop-out
>>
Guys this isnt a witcher thread ffs
>>
There are ~ 2 other current threads with lone autists like you devoting hours to bashing this game. Go to one of those, I recommend using the catalog.
>>
File: 1329720499012.png (4 KB, 302x237) Image search: [Google]
1329720499012.png
4 KB, 302x237
Dragons Dogma DA.

>boring exploration
>despised the pawn system
>combat was piss easy, no matter what class I picked
>story didn't motivate me to continue at all
>>
File: image.jpg (360 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
360 KB, 1920x1080
>Clunky control
>poor camera
>the camera doesn't zoom out so when fighting large enemies they're always blocking the entire screen
>all weapons feel the same
>combat literally consists of r1 smashing
>the entire gamelay's robotic routine, feel more like working in a factory production line than playing
>the set pieces are all the same dark boring Victorian street
>extremely dull and grim dark story, and characters, literally no fun allowed
>enemies types consist of zombie with axe, zombie and torch and zombie with hoe
>>
The Witcher 3 was just a bad game OP, you don't need to justify why you didn't like it or try so hard to give it the benefit of the doubt. It did nothing but graphics well.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 267x200
>>342086549
Im a game called The Witcher 3, Im pretty sure you need to play The Witcher 1 and 2 to enjoy it fully
>>
>>342085448
Planescape
Played it when it came out. Got bored after 4 hours
Played it again in '04. Got bored after 4 hours
Played it again in '07. Friend was pulling a cheerleading to keep me interested for 6 hours.
Played it again in '12. Two hours later I've uninstalled.

I just can't get myself into the game, it's simply boring for me and needlesly edgy. Arcanum was great. Original Fallouts were fantastic. I've played the living shit out of Baldur's Gate.
But Planescape? Meh...
>>
>>342086485
Just like she was in Sword of Destiny short stories and the subsequent series . What Elder Blood princess wouldn't be? Blood and Wine shows how depraved princesses are. I don't really see her as entitled in this game, the books kinda wore and tore on her.
>>
>>342086796
Then you are wrong, my negro amigo. The only thing you would miss is potential ally in form of Letho. Everything else is self-contained. You literally don't even need to know about existence of TW1 at all.
>>
>>342086730
The amount of lies in this post is pretty great
It will get some juicy replies apart from my own.
>>
>>342086974
k
>>
>>342086582
BUT THIS ISNT A WITCHER THREAD, DID YOU EVEN READ IT?!

>>342086730
felt the same way, but any time I pointed this out someone just told me to get good
>>
>>342086730
Fuck off Gladium
>>
>>342086730

This, returned it after 2 days.
>>
I quite liked the Witcher 3, I'm just not sure why they filled the game with boring fetch quests and tedious side missions.

I'd rather they just kept the main story leaner and then just left me to explore and hunt down giant monsters on my own. No fast travelling everywhere or handholding.

The difficulty seemed completely out of whack as well. The beginning was tricky so I beefed up and got good armor and then I immediately surfed through the entire game. If I have to put the game on the hardest setting to feel challenged when fighting an army of men or a dragon or whatever you've fucked up somewhere.
>>
>>342087003
>DELETE THIS!
>>
Since I pirate most games I just stop playing if it feels shitty, dont need to desperately continue playing to justify the purchase.
>>
>>342086872
It doesn't matter if it's in character or not if she's an unlikable cunt that we're expected to like just because she's pure as driven snow and Geralt does. If the story revolves around a character you hate, you're gonna hate the story.
>>
>>342087239
I bought the collectors edition with the walkthrough guide. I regret it so, so much
>>
>>342086730

>he fell for the From meme

I wonder why it is people get into video games to try and fit in with a fanbase that's worse than Sonic's just to find out those games suck ass
>>
>>342085448
>that filename
>that explanation on why you didn't like it
let me guess, TW3 was your first game in the series.
>>
Dying Light

"Plot" was laughable, first-person parkour is retarded by default, gameplay is an inconsistient combination of boring evasion and fights pretty much designed to kill you
>>
>>342086974
>Everything else is self-contained. You literally don't even need to know about existence of TW1 at all.
spoken like a true pleb.
>>
>>342089154
bitch you guessed it
>>
>>342089958
Still in that place...
and I'm flexin
>>
>>342089657
Not him, but I've read the saga years before any of the games came out. And you know what? You can easily play any of the games as separate title, unrelated with the previous ones. TW3 is no exception here.
>>
>>342090218
>You can easily play any of the games as separate title, unrelated with the previous ones. TW3 is no exception here.
sure you can, just like you can read any series out of order, it doesn't lend any credibility to the thought that somehow you get the same experience as that of someone who has been along with the protagonist from the very start of the series.
>>
>>342085448
the cdronespr are here
they make like 20 threads every 2 minutes in order to remind us tha their boring dead game is still a thing so people buy their shitty dlc
something like destiny and ign
>>
>>342090421
But it also doesn't make the game inaccessable without playing previous two. I never even touched TW1 and played roughtly 2/3 of TW2 and still don't feel like missing anything in the game.
>>
>>342090758
>and still don't feel like missing anything in the game.
that's because you don't know of the many connections that aren't explicitly stated.
>>
>>342090215
OGG
>>
>>342085448
>shit game
>shilled
>surprised you aren't enjoying it
>>
>>342090758
>But it also doesn't make the game inaccessable without playing previous two

w2 ending directly connects with w3

>doesn't make the game inaccessable
sure, you can just play it without understanding anything, if that's what u mean by accessible
>>
>>342085448
The Wither 3 is painted as outstanding because most of 2015's major titles felt disappointing, so the public and the media needed to find an above-average, steady game to deposit all praise and keep vidya going. It's really not that great.
>>
>>342092032

Yeah if it weren't that great they would have just given all those GOTY awards to Bethesda like they always do.

They should have even turned around and retroactively gave all of 2014 GOTY awards to TW3 because DAI sure as fuck didn't deserve anything.
>>
>>342091893

I think he means the story is so fantastically executed for newcomers and longer-running fans that he didn't even realise it was designed that way
>>
>>342091185
But it doesn't make the game any worse or less fun to play, so? I get it, there are easter eggs and references... but the core story and gameplay is unaffected by them.
>>
If the Witcher 3's combat was just a little better, it would probably be hailed as one of the RPGs ever made.

One thing that frustrates the fuck out of me is the skill system. I'm almost level 40, and I don't think I've spent a skill point in like 10-15 levels because I've maxed out my slots.
>>
>>342093075

Certainly its only better if you have stuck it out for the rest of the series.

Playing TW1-3 with books under your belt is one of the best experiences ever.

>>342093314

I'm 41 and have about 2 unused skill points.

In Blood and Wine you also get a quest for mutations that will give you more options to invest in.
>>
>>342092191
I meant the bar was set so low that anything not-shitty would get all the praise. No need to be splendid, just competent and/or appealing, like The Witcher 3.
>>
File: header.jpg (47 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
47 KB, 460x215
This shit
>Terrible pacing (it takes until the end of Chapter 3 for the story to get somewhere and the "amazing dialog" is filled with WORDS WORDS WORDS that could be simplified or vastly reduced)
>Mediocre and slow gameplay (basically spam Attack for random opponents, S-Craft on bosses and use healing spells when needed, rinse and repeat)
>Cliche as fuck characters (the edgelord, the tough guy that is actually soft on the inside, the comic relief that is actually important, the perverted man/woman...)
>Cliffhanger ending bullshit for you to buy the sequel, making this pretty much just a prologue

I tried to like it.
>>
Having fun w/ this game, but I hate Gwent. A lot. Even more than that, though, I hate that I have failed quests in my log thanks to not wanting to play Gwent.
>>
>>342095339
>not playing Gwent
>>
I just started blood and wine, just at the part with the spoon lady. So far this expansion is bland.. It gets better right?
>>
>>342096529

The pacing is pretty bad. Too many characters that barely get screentime.
>>
It's shit. I liked The Witcher 1 and 2 but The Witcher 3 fell for the open world meme and had way more empty space than depth. Good luck wading through all the Bounties and Bandit Camps and Stashes to find the side-quests worth doing.

Couldn't even finish it.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.