[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1461830819476.jpg (469 KB, 712x1000) Image search: [Google]
1461830819476.jpg
469 KB, 712x1000
What does /v/ think of this game?
>>
Vodka
>>
Not as good as New Vegas
>>
cheeki-breeki?
>>
My favourite game
>>
>>342083751
hello newfag
>>
Its a good game, equal to SoC
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.jpg (702 KB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.jpg
702 KB, 1536x1250
>>342083751
The 2nd best STALKER game.

I find it kinda funny to see a question like this, knowing the huge boner /v/ has had towards the series for almost a decade.
>>
>>342083951
>It's a good, solid game, though no better than ShoC and CS. Even though CoP maps are more open, GSC sacrificed the great, atmospheric, level design of them in the process.
Fixed that for you, don't thank me.
>>
It's my favorite stalker game. I admit SOC is better but COP has less bugs.
>>
>>342084889
Eh, not really. Especially if we're just talking vanilla.
>>
Too short and not really as focused as SoC but still a great game.
>>
HOWDY HO
>>
Dislike all stalker games because they shipped broken.

Tried to play this one, lost interest. It always feels like you have to play these games with 50 mods for them to be playable. The artificial inaccuracy of the weapons bothers me more than just about anything I have ever had to deal with in a video game.
>>
>>342085312
SoC was fixed with a patch and CoP is the most stable of the games and doesn't have too many issues. The guns not being accurate enough isn't being "broken" really. SoC and CoP are both fine vanilla but mods do improve them.
>>
>>342085430
>The guns not being accurate enough isn't being "broken" really

Yes, it is. I don't play a shooty gun game for my gun to not shoot the guy I fucking put the crosshair on.

Handwaving it as "Game design" excuses the fact that it's *bad game design*
>>
>>342085549
I've actually never had much of an issue with the guns in Stalker even with vanilla. Try using the iron sights too since you specified crosshair. Also don't move while shooting and crouch if you can. Stalker isn't CoD.
>>
>>342084889
>not better than CS
nigga please. CS was a broken mess
>>
>>342083751
best gameplay of the 3
>>
Great game, but plays very differently from SoC because of stuff like equipment repair/mods, artifact hunting, open world focus, etc.

Game is much easier than SoC but mods fix that problem.
>>
>>342085678
>Also don't move while shooting and crouch if you can. Stalker isn't CoD.

dude piss off, if you pretend the early guns aren't wildly inaccurate even at short range you're outright lying to yourself. you can lie to yourself, but you can't lie to me
>>
>>342085201
>>342085760
I know CS is shit, I meant that the maps of CoP are boring compared to those of ShoC and CS (CS had nearly all ShoC, excluding Pripyat, and two new ones).
And I said "It's a good, solid game" because CoP IS a good and solid game, even though I can point many things that ShoC did better than it, map design being one.
>>
>>342086180
I forgot.
ShoC>CoPnotmuch/akaenoughCS
>>
>>342085037
SoC's been smooth sailing for years thanks to the patches

>>342085312
Not true, besides 1.0 versions of SoC and CS being buggy. And that has been a long thing I learned to anticipate with the PC games already long time ago, and nowadays also on consoles.

Nut the games themselves are superb, atmospheric experiences. They definitely do not fit for hasty people looking to just shoot baddies.

I would recommend checking out the Guide pic above, and restarting the SoC w/ Starter Pack. Do not give up in the very beginning!

>>342085549
>Crosshair
there's your problem.
also, get better guns & lrn2/bullet physics.
>>
>>342086180
SoC only feels more active because the bandits start off hostile, while in CoP you have to go out of your way to piss them off. The only real enemy at the start are mutants and zombies. Design wise its just what you can expect from an open world game without it becoming tiresome (a rare thing imo), and the set pieces are enjoyable.
>>
>>342086156
Not him, but their accuracy is fine. Their reach and other ballistic properties are shit compared to later guns though.

Even still, even my wife beat the beginning section, Car Park and all, without any issues. She kept popping heads with the puny Mak left and right.
>>
>>342086438
>SoC only feels more active because the bandits start off hostile
>while in CoP you have to go out of your way to piss them off.
This is legit one of the things I really liked about CoP, because in CoP you're in the center of the Zone,(and IIRC not less than half month have passed since the failed military operation on the CNPP) so Stalkers are just installing, and so bandits are, (you see this by seeing Sultan and Stalkers fighting over territory, so it's logical to think that they're afraid to get killed in this hostile territory, so they're neutral to you and free Stalkers) when in ShoC you start south, just some miles, from the main territory of the bandits, so it's more logical that there are more of them and they're hostile.
>The only real enemy at the start are mutants and zombies
THIS is some of the things that CoP did absolutely wrong, it was sold with this new and spectacular, revised and fixed, A-Life, having new dynamic life compared to ShoC and CS. Ironically, it happened to be the most weak thing of the game, something that mods like Misery fixed and making the game more vividly, like you say, with more mutants spawns.
I can go on, but shit I'm fucking tired so time to play some CoP.
>>
>>342086438
>Design wise its just what you can expect from an open world game without it becoming tiresome (a rare thing imo), and the set pieces are enjoyable.
I forgot that I agree with this, though I don't like open world levels because some times they feel boring and tiresome, so CoP levels are definitely good in that regard, it's just that I feel that they're so fucking small (ShoC and CS maps were as well, but they were more so it feels somewhat a big world) .
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.