[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DQV in PS2 or DS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: dq5ps2.jpg (90 KB, 427x600) Image search: [Google]
dq5ps2.jpg
90 KB, 427x600
Never played the game,
already burned a disc to play in my old PS2 but then I thought if the DS version could be better from a overall perspective.

The soundtrack in the ps2 sounds better, but tell what you think (and without spoilers, please).
>>
They're pretty much identical except DS has an extra wife

that's about it
>>
>>342075018
It's honestly best on mobile right now IMO. It looks sharp and plays well, you should check out the videos.
>>
>>342075018
I've been wondering it myself, I emulated a bit of it on PCSX2 with a widescreen patch and it looked amazing. But I'm up to DQ3 now (I've been playing them on my phone) and I think I've decided to carry on with the mobile releases just due to having a unified translation/localization. The fan translators who did DQV on PS2 used a probably more accurate to the original jp version or dragon warrior version but it's an RPG and I'll be reading stuff a lot so I care way more about terms in the universe and general continuity in that way than I would other games.

Also what >>342075278 said, mobile versions are just the DS games but all around better (higher quality music, better graphics, in some cases more dialogue between characters for DQ4)
>>
>>342075516
a lot of people hate the official localizations because of all of the puns and accents

also, touch controls aren't a lot of people's cup of tea.
>>
>>342075018

The DS version adds a few minor things and a new waifu. Audio is much better in the PS2 version. Other than that it really doesn't matter. If you're playing in Japanese, just go with the one that appeals more to you. If you're playing in English, you'll have to deal with Plus Alpha's terrible localizations in DQ V DS. I haven't played the PS2 version with the fan patch, bit judging by Youtube videos, it looks alright. I played the PS2 version, myself. Kinda want to play the DS version for Debora next, but I don't know, I liked the PS2 version and its musical quality.
>>
I adored it in both forms but preferred DS because jrpgs and handhelds go together really well.
>>
File: 1363397120760.jpg (69 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1363397120760.jpg
69 KB, 500x667
So, I have an R4 (2013 3DS version), but I'm not sure which games have anti-piracy. I hear DQV and Chrono Trigger are some of the ones that have anti-piracy.
If they really do have that, does anyone know where I can find patched roms that would work instead?
>>
>>342075018
Play it on something OP. Its the best regular ass JRPG ever made.
>>
>>342078089
I don't know about your "R4" but I have a real original R4 (for DS/DS lite) with woodR4 firmware and it runs DQV and Chrono Trigger just fine.
>>
>>342078779
How far did you get in those games?
I hear that you'll be stuck on the ship forever in DQV and that the game freezes once you enter the first time portal.
>>
>>342079214
*enter the first time portal in Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>342079214
I beat them. I remember when the games were first released there was some buzz about anti-piracy so I needed to update my firmware (there were some custom r4 firmware builds that I used after the official firmware was discontinued and before woodr4 came out), but that was a long long time ago. If you're playing on some 3ds flashcart it most likely has all that anti-anti-piracy stuff already.

I thought DQV was OK (first time playing it) and Chrono Trigger was mediocre (I had played it on the snes, but wanted to give it a second chance). As far as DS JRPGs go, I greatly preferred Radiant Historia, SMT Devil Survivor, and SMT Strange Journey. TWEWY is also worth playing.
>>
>>342078089
Just make sure you've got the latest firmware and I think those will work even without a patch.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.