[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People still keep vidya stuff in the box and never open it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1466112481138.jpg (110 KB, 800x612) Image search: [Google]
1466112481138.jpg
110 KB, 800x612
>People still keep vidya stuff in the box and never open it

I thought this shit died off 2 decades ago
>>
>>342071630
I will never understand collectors. What's the appeal of a collector's edition, why do you collect all that shit, why do you buy figures. I just don't get it man.
>>
Now, now. There's no need to be mad. Some people like to collect things as a hobby and maintain their value. It's almost like having your own museum.
>>
File: 1466112689429.jpg (74 KB, 841x698) Image search: [Google]
1466112689429.jpg
74 KB, 841x698
>>342071823
Buyfag here

We like to collect because we can. we have jobs you know
>>
>>342071630
You know, I have a few items like that (the Tomb Raider Xbox 360 controller, some amiibos, a Mordin figure), and even I'm not sure why I keep them in the box.

I also have some statues from collectors/special edition Assassins creed 3 and 4, and Ninja Gaiden 3, which I have displayed.

I think for me, with some of those items there's a level of comfort knowing that something that I could fully enjoy is within reach and perpetually in a sort of pristine condition, where as other things have more value to me on an aesthetics level.

Basically, for some things I just like just having them, for some things I like them on display.
>>
>>342073058
but why keep em in the box? the fad still lives?
>>
>>342071823
>What's the appeal of a collector's edition
Most of them are filled with expensive no quality random shit, don't buy them.
>why do you collect all that shit
Collecting is fun for some people
>why do you buy figures
You love X character, X character figure is pretty well done, at least in your opinion and you're willing to pay the price. It's not quantum mechanics, just avoid shit like Pops and you are fine.
>>
>>342073119
For me, I think most of those things I wouldn't know where to display them, or I don't have a need to use them (I have other controllers, so I don't need to use the Tomb Raider one, etc.).

And in the interim until such a time where I absolutely have to tear open a box, most of the stuff I have in in packaging that some marketing team spent an amount of time on to be fairly good at displaying the product, otherwise I probably wouldn't have picked it up haha!
>>
>>342071823
>>342071630
disposable income, that's it.
>>
>>342071823
>why do you buy figures

Although I don't buy figures, and people who don't open the box are weird, it could be cool to see something you like on your desk or something. Why do people like paintings? Or sculptures? It's just an extension of that which taps into your interests and/or nostalgia.
>>
>>342071630
I bought a digital version of the deluxe edition of forza 6, never downloaded. In 20 years people will be begging me for it
>>
I have a starfox bobble head from Adventures that I never removed from the packaging. Think it's worth like a 100 bucks now
>>
>>342071823
Thats because you are so generic.
>>
>there are people in this board who spend thousands on plastic

Why? Wouldn't you rather spend that in actual art that might appreciate in value or at very least is a unique piece with actual artistic and aesthetic value. I don't understand manchild autists seriously, especially the weeb kind.
>>
File: 1449169790918.png (141 KB, 296x309) Image search: [Google]
1449169790918.png
141 KB, 296x309
>>342072105
>have all the money you need to satisfy your hobby
>never have the time to play games
>settle for putting them on the fireplace mantel as a shrine to your empty, arbitrary lifestyle

Growin' up's rough.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.