[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
man what a dull and uninspired piece of shit. didn't even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: b&d.jpg (56 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
b&d.jpg
56 KB, 500x457
man what a dull and uninspired piece of shit. didn't even pay for it but im still mad about the time invested.
>>
I'm genuinely curious as to why this game got so popular.
Is it literally just because of the Square Enix logo in the top left?
>>
>>342053263
>didn't even pay for it

You've got no right to be mad about it.
>>
What specifically did you not like about it OP?
>>
>>342053638
If someone takes a shit right next to my car at a public parking spot, am I supposed to just laugh it off because "lol I don't own this place"? It's still offensive.
>>
>>342053716
Not OP but I did not like to cash shop options in a full priced game, and I did not like how repetitive it was. So salted was I that I refuse to purchase the second game.
>>
>>342053837
But in this scenario, you ordered them to take that shit. For free
>>
I liked the music and voice acting. Story is generic though and i like the brave system. Overall 8/10 for me just wished the village streetpass minigame played a bigger part.
>>
What I liked about Bravely Default:
>The Characters
>The Music
>The battle system

Its a very character driven game.
>>
File: troll sama.jpg (19 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
troll sama.jpg
19 KB, 238x250
It doesn't do anything vastly different, but that's fine. Sometimes it's nice to play a generic JRPG.

>people bitching about the cash shop
Oh please. You barely need to use the Brave function to win, let alone buy the stupid cash shop shit.
>>
I got hyped by the job system and the FF-themed stuff but man, what a shitty game.
>>
It is a good game
Untill the time loop shit happens
Fuck that part, made me drop
>>
>>342053961
>Paying for someone to shit beside your car on the parking lot
>>
>>342053716
the charcters and story are shit. the boss-fights requires no strategy, and the brave/default gimmick simply forces you to input more commands in order to achieve the same effect any other rpg would have without it.

the backgrounds are beautiful tho
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1080
>>342054343
I feel like the only reason I used Bravely Second was to scream "ZA WARUDO"
>>
>>342054285
And they fucked that right up in the second game, because not even Tiz was a beta enough MC for the Nip teens to project themselves on to.
>>
Bravely Second has much better pacing, the "loop" is actually fun instead of absolutely grating and doesn't ask you to redo any content barring one dungeon. Massive improvement.

>>342055265
Magnolia was almost as beta as Yew though. And I didn't care much about their romance anyway, I'm just happy Tiz and Agnes finally got married.
>>
>>342055265
What did they do wrong with Tiz in Second anyway? Other than being boring and just being there for the sake of having familiar characters.
>>
>>342055736
Nothing, really. Yew was just an even worse version of Tiz.

>>342055734
>I didn't care much about their romance anyway
I don't think anyone did. They set Magnolia up to be a much better character than she was, then reduced her to typical anime love interest in typical anime romance sub-plot.
>>
>>342055953
>Yew
>the background story on Yew's family and shit was infinitely more interesting than Yew himself
It's too bad really, I actually thought Yew had potential to be good at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>342055953
It's strange, really. I get they can't really play up a single character being more badass than the others (like Magnolia originally looked like she'd be) due to the minimalistic approach to cutscenes the Bravely series has, but she still could've sounded more confident and femme-fatalish in the dialogue. Instead we got a much less clingy Marta (from Tales of Symphonia) to Yew's Emil.
>>
>>342053263
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the game, anon.

Personally, I find its easier to enjoy things you actually pay for, though. It might be worth a try.
>>
>>342054343
Why the fuck does anybody actually pay money to use Bravely Second other than sending retardedly overpowered Streetpass data? I exclusively used it when stacking damage so the people at my campus's cafeteria who I streetpassed daily would freak out when they saw my fucking 800,000+ damage attacks put out there. Basic strategy kills anything and everything you come up against.
>>
>>342053263

>Admitting you have shit taste

Closest thing we will get to a classic Squaresoft turn based JRPG.

Now admit you prefer a Tales of Budget JRPG over this.
>>
>>342053837
i'd be mildly irritated, but it isn't a big deal. it'd be a bigger deal if they shit ON/IN my car, because, y'know, i own it.
>>
>>342057131
You've never actually played any of the games you're talking about, have you?
>>
>>342056902
Did anyone actually pay money for more uses for Bravely Second? That shit barely helps unless you know how to exploit, and if you know that, you don't really need it anyway.
>>
>>342057131
>Closest thing we will get to a classic Squaresoft turn based JRPG
Isn't that what I am Setsuna is supposed to be?
>>
>Great Ost

>Excellent job system

>Great Art and backgrounds

I mean you can complain about the terrible execution of the story, mediocre characterization and retarded characters decisions, but everything else was on par if not better than old-school JRPG's, specially the gameplay.

Most people hated the time-loops wich even if not written properly are something different, and allowed great boss battles against the asterisk holders.
>>
ITT: FF15 is the best FF ever
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.