[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone playing this? Came out on PSN.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: siren.jpg (43 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
siren.jpg
43 KB, 350x500
Anyone playing this? Came out on PSN.
>>
>>342052219
is it good?
like, legit scary?
>>
>>342053521
Its is good but scary on a PS3 with PS2 graphics? No it isnt.
>>
>>342053521
It's fucking great, the only shitty thing is that it has the awful British dub. It's also pretty hard.
>>
>>342054164
horror is defined by graphics... yeah kys.
>>
>>342054164
PS4 *
>>
>>342054784
Well I mean would you be scared of Silent Hill 1 today?
>>
>>342054164
well i don't care much about grapics, though.
also, does this game have a silent hill kinda feel or is it something on its own but equally good?
>>
>>342052219

Siren Blood Curse is free on PS Plus.

It's basically a remake of this. I like it a lot more.
>>
>>342055271
I think the same people behind SH were behind this one too.
>>
No one cares. We want Siren 2 that only Eurofags got.
>>
>>342055451
PS plus on the PS3 ? or PS4
>>
>>342055527
I agree about Siren 2 but I love BC too ...
>>
>>342055243

It has a God tier atmosphere and soundtrack with headphones, so yes.
>>
it was already on PSN

>>342055243

>comparing ps1 to ps2

you're fucking retarded m8. ps2 era horror games look perfectly fine. how do bad graphics not make something more scary anyway? the grittiness and blockiness makes it look more alien and unsettling. why the fuck would some glossy HD game be scary?

I haven't been scared of anything past 7th generation anyway. Dead Space and FEAR are decent shooters, but they're not creepy.
>>
>>342055882
PS3
>>
>>342052219
The remake was actually great but the original had its moments, i'm a sucker for a good timeloop story
>>
>>342058174
OP here
yeah I played Blood Curse a whole lot, fell in love with it. Spent a load of time theorizing about the story and then watched a full playthrough of Siren 2
>>
>>342052219
I have this game but I have literally only been able to play for 5 minutes because of how scary it was for me.
>>
The controls are horrendous tho
>>
>>342057023
I would play tupac's still ballin in the background while I would play dead space 2
>>
>>342057023

Someone hasn't played PT and RE7
>>
>>342055451
Does the ps3 version have trophies? I got it off plus but haven't downloaded it yet.
>>
I played it for a while back when it came out. It has a cool gimmick and the atmosphere is great, but I ultimately dropped it because the game requires following a walkthrough in order to progress past a certain point. That's one of the few flaws I'm not really willing to forgive under any circumstance.
>>
>>342055243
I played it for the first time last year and I was absolutely scared. That generations 3d games have a bizarre feeling to them, even something like super mario 64 has eerie moments.
>>
>>342059597
its an aspect of older obscure games that attracts me tho
>>
>>342059682
I've happily played through things like Castlevania 2, Legacy of the Wizard, and some of the King's Quest games without needing any sort of guide.

Siren's obscure sidequest bullshit is on a whole different level.
>>
>>342059668
I use to only be able to play Ocarina of Time for short 20 minute sessions. The atmosphere and music creeped me out.
>>
I remember the Playstation magazine gave out a disc that had the trailer for this game.
It used to scare the absolute shit out of me.
>>
>>342060223
This was my only exposure to this game and it was terrifying. That was the same disc series that had those weird guides that were always narrated by the most hideous people on the planet, I remember the guy who played Jak and Daxter games was the most jarring.
>>
>>342060223
Holy shit, same here. I can't find the exact trailer online, but I watched it as a kid and it freaked me the fuck out.

Now that I think about it, I can probably trace my love for J-horror back to that trailer.
>>
>>342061296
>>342060223
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwOOgOhYfbE&list=PL_JMFBkkBUnHKLLMN-CkcbZfmcqRpxQm1&index=33

5:45

I think this is the one I watched
>>
>>342052219
Too meh
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.